Page 108 of 283 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Yeah, but characters shouldn’t be judged on their source material. If we made all the superheroes carbon copies of their comic book counterparts then characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy would be shit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I prefer elements of Monica's sitcom personality. I like the quirkiness and friendly nature of her character. Yes, some of it was affected, but what I don't like is Monica turning into ANOTHER version of the Wasp, Okoye, Black Widow, Gamora, Nebula, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, and Valkyrie etc. Doesn't Marvel Studios realize how samey those broads are? Snarling badasses spouting cliche lines and trying to look tough? I'm just so bored with that shit. Can't we do something new? There's no emotion in those personalities. That's why I was always fond of Agnes in WandaVision. She's funny, she's sinister, and probably a little bit crazy. I like female superheroes who display at least a SHRED of emotion. Even when that emotion is...Insanity.

Look at how creepy and fun Vision's and Agnes's interaction was in Episode 7. She's becoming somewhat unhinged and he's becoming genuinely worried about her mental state. It was great!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of1g1UwNBk8

I want more of that shit please!
    Slow down there guy. We haven’t even seen Monica in downtime yet. She’s been constantly on the job since we’ve seen her adult self.

Geraldine is the closest we’ve seen of her off the clock.

Let’s wait and judge Monica in a more relaxed environment first.

I prefer elements of Monica's sitcom personality. I like the quirkiness and friendly nature of her character. Yes, some of it was affected, but what I don't like is Monica turning into ANOTHER version of the Wasp, Okoye, Black Widow, Gamora, Nebula, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, and Valkyrie etc. Doesn't Marvel Studios realize how samey those broads are? Snarling badasses spouting cliche lines and trying to look tough? I'm just so bored with that shit. Can't we do something new? There's no emotion in those personalities. That's why I was always fond of Agnes in WandaVision. She's funny, she's sinister, and probably a little bit crazy. I like female superheroes who display at least a SHRED of emotion. Even when that emotion is...Insanity.

Look at how creepy and fun Vision's and Agnes's interaction was in Episode 7. She's becoming somewhat unhinged and he's becoming genuinely worried about her mental state. It was great!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of1g1UwNBk8

I want more of that shit please!
    She's not turning into any of those characters you mentioned. And Val is different from those because she's had her own struggles with alcoholism. Nebula as a victim of abuse stands out. Just because Monica can fight does not mean she's the same. And calling women broads is very dated. Monica showed a lot of emotion in her confession to Wanda over what it was like losing her mother. And like was said several times, her story continues in Captain Marvel 2. Why is it ok for dudes to all kick ass but several women do it and it's bad?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Slow down there guy. We haven’t even seen Monica in downtime yet. She’s been constantly on the job since we’ve seen her adult self.

Geraldine is the closest we’ve seen of her off the clock.

Let’s wait and judge Monica in a more relaxed environment first.
    Oh sure, we should wait. But I'm just saying I don't think Monica has cracked a smile once since Episode 4. I mean in that interview she's very warm and affable. I think it would make her character more interesting if she kept that charm. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's not turning into any of those characters you mentioned. And Val is different from those because she's had her own struggles with alcoholism. Nebula as a victim of abuse stands out. Just because Monica can fight does not mean she's the same. And calling women broads is very dated. Monica showed a lot of emotion in her confession to Wanda over what it was like losing her mother. And like was said several times, her story continues in Captain Marvel 2. Why is it ok for dudes to all kick ass but several women do it and it's bad?
    I don't mind women kicking butts. You're missing my point entirely! I'm just saying they don't look like they're having fun doing it. Dudes like Stark, Strange, Parker, Quill, and Lang are CONSTANTLY telling jokes when they go into battle. The ladies, I dunno...Just look mad? Stephen literally says "Who's laughing now, asshole?" in his own movie, and I loved it. Why can't Monica do that? And now I can't call women broads or chicks on these threads?! Good Lord! I've been criticized for using old-fashioned language by people who are OLDER than me. What?!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-23-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Oh sure, we should wait. But I'm just saying I don't think Monica has cracked a smile once since Episode 4. I mean in that interview she's very warm and affable. I think it would make her character more interesting if she kept that charm. That's just my opinion.
    Why does she need to smile? The show is about dealing with grief.

Why does she need to smile? The show is about dealing with grief.
    Well, Wanda's laughed quite a bit in the show. And she's grieving. I distinctly remember in Episode 5, Vision walked into their kitchen and said: "Good morning wife, good morning boys, good morning unfamiliar wet animal (to Sparky)?" and Wanda giggled. That was fun.

I don't mind women kicking butts. You're missing my point entirely! I'm just saying they don't look like they're fun doing it. Dudes like Stark, Strange, Parker, Quill, and Lang are CONSTANTLY telling jokes when they go into battle. The ladies, I dunno...Just look mad? Stephen literally says "Who's laughing now, asshole?" in his own movie, and I loved it. Why can't Monica do that? And now I can't call women broads or chicks on these threads?! Good Lord!
    So you just want women to smile and joke while dealing with grief, loss, abuse, etc? That's very weird. But Okoye and Nakia joke around a lot. Nebula is a victim of abuse. The most of them went through way more than their male counterparts. They don't need to add to the snark of the MCU. There is already plenty. If it helps, you'll get She-Hulk who is a joking type. They have smiled but that should not be requirement for them to be liked.

Well, Wanda's laughed quite a bit in the show. And she's grieving. I distinctly remember in Episode 5, Vision walked into their kitchen and said: "Good morning wife, good morning boys, good morning unfamiliar wet animal (to Sparky)?" and Wanda giggled. That was fun.
    And that was when things were still fun and Wanda was ignoring her grief. Which fell apart. Context is important. And it's not fair to women to expect them to smile to be liked.

So you just want women to smile and joke while dealing with grief, loss, abuse, etc? That's very weird. But Okoye and Nakia joke around a lot. Nebula is a victim of abuse. The most of them went through way more than their male counterparts. They don't need to add to the snark of the MCU. There is already plenty. If it helps, you'll get She-Hulk who is a joking type. They have smiled but that should not be requirement for them to be liked.
    I meant that women should have just as much fun as the dudes when they tangle with the baddies. Trading quips, you know? Grief, loss and abuse are different things. I get that. Those matters should be dealt with seriously. But not every waking moment has to be miserable. Have you heard of that song Smile by Charlie Chaplin? It's pretty famous. "In the lyrics, based on lines and themes from the film, Modern Times, the singer is telling the listener to cheer up and that there is always a bright tomorrow, just as long as they smile." I think those words are very inspirational and helped many a troubled soul get through some tough times. So I think it's okay for males AND females to smile even when they're grieving.

And that was when things were still fun and Wanda was ignoring her grief. Which fell apart. Context is important. And it's not fair to women to expect them to smile to be liked.
    I just think showing some emotions besides sad ones is okay for the ladies in the MCU. The dudes in this universe seem to be pretty jolly to me and I find that really endearing. Much more than their comic book counterparts. Come on, you can't tell me the childishness of the male heroes of the MCU is NOT charming. You can't!!!

I just think showing some emotions besides sad ones is okay for the ladies in the MCU. The dudes in this universe seem to be pretty jolly to me and I find that really endearing. Much more than their comic book counterparts. Come on, you can't tell me the childishness of the male heroes of the MCU is NOT charming. You can't!!!
    I don't find childishness that endearing. Some jokes are fine, but it got too much to a point. And some jokes are very awkward in times where things are very serious. Like people getting snapped. Not saying that some women shouldn't be able to joke. But some have. They just aren't known for it. But they are getting She-Hulk soon. She'll fit the bill you want.

You are telling two characters, who are both going through processing the death of loved ones/ the grieving process, to smile? I don’t think it’s a decent take to go with. No one ever tells Cap to smile when he’s grieving. Same with Clint and him murdering mob guys while hes missing his family. So why do people try it on Wanda and Monica?
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 02-23-2021 at 08:57 PM.

A new WandaVision still, y'all i think Agatha ins't that bad, i hope she becomes her friend and mentor!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    A new WandaVision still, y'all i think Agatha ins't that bad, i hope she becomes her friend and mentor!
    Me too.

Even though the sitcom parodies are over, I hope they find some way to work the TV theme into this episode, maybe as a "clip show" or a "This is Your Life" kind of thing where Agatha shows Wanda her past.