Page 110 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But Cap was smiling and joking in Endgame! So was Ant-Man. And both lost people they loved (or so they thought) in the previous Avengers movie. I distinctly remember them both quipping about Captain America's "ass" a LOT in that movie. And Clint was smiling and joking with Natasha when they went back to Vormir and this was AFTER his family disappeared in the Snap. The surviving Avengers seemed pretty chill about him murdering a bunch of dudes too. And let's not forget Korg "consoling" Thor after the destruction of Asgard: “The damage is not too bad. As long as the foundations are still strong, we can rebuild this place. It will become a haven for all peoples and aliens of the universe.” But just then, the ruins of Asgard explode and Korg adds, “Oof. Now, those foundations are gone. Sorry.” Thor seemed pretty chill about that too. So the MCU has set precedent by using levity to deal with trauma. Wanda's definitely using humor to deal with her emotional problems (Episode 7). Monica is not.
    I think you are missing the point. Thor didn't break down and cry because he came to the realization before that, that Asgard isn't a place, Asgard is just where the people stand. So all the people on the spaceship was more important than what was left/not left of the place they once called Asgard. Korg's response was to help remind people of that with humor. Monica just realized that her mother passed while she was blipped out and came back. She's still in the deep throws of loss, like Wanda. It's too close to the pain to laugh it off. You got the humor you wanted through the sitcoms and now we have hit the point where the emotional arcs for Monica and especially Wanda will be at their highest. While I'm sure there will be some humor, this series is a tragedy and those usually kick off with comedy and then end in some sort of sadness and it seems like we are on our way to just that...

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I mean the character entirely.
    Well, I read about her in the 80s during the 90s, and I always thought she was a nice person? New some languages. Was well-informed about cultures in Europe I wasn't aware of. Had some interesting powers. Didn't have many adventures and no solo titles outside of the Avengers (unlike other members). Liked the love/hate relationship she had with her brother. Overcame joining Magneto's gang. Got married to a dude who was a little different. The frankly bizarre storylines she's participated in which are bordering on incomprehensible. I just didn't expect her to be popping pills and staying in bed all day, you know? This is crazy.

Well, I read about her in the 80s during the 90s, and I always thought she was a nice person? New some languages. Was well-informed about cultures in Europe I wasn't aware of. Had some interesting powers. Didn't have many adventures and no solo titles outside of the Avengers (unlike other members). Liked the love/hate relationship she had with her brother. Overcame joining Magneto's gang. Got married to a dude who was a little different. The frankly bizarre storylines she's participated in which are bordering on incomprehensible. I just didn't expect her to be popping pills and staying in bed all day, you know? This is crazy.
    Her stories were always pretty serious and she was hardly funny. There is one time she did tell a joke and Pietro was shocked.

Wanda being depressed with how tragic things have been is the most normal, expected thing. And it's not "pill-popping" if she's treating her depression. She's not a drug addict.

Even in comics, she lost two sets of parents, and two moms, Vision and her children. She was homeless for a time as a child. I wish they had dealt with her grief in comics like they have here. It's more accessible, relatable and treats her like a human.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I think you are missing the point. Thor didn't break down and cry because he came to the realization before that, that Asgard isn't a place, Asgard is just where the people stand. So all the people on the spaceship was more important than what was left/not left of the place they once called Asgard. Korg's response was to help remind people of that with humor. Monica just realized that her mother passed while she was blipped out and came back. She's still in the deep throws of loss, like Wanda. It's too close to the pain to laugh it off. You got the humor you wanted through the sitcoms and now we have hit the point where the emotional arcs for Monica and especially Wanda will be at their highest. While I'm sure there will be some humor, this series is a tragedy and those usually kick off with comedy and then end in some sort of sadness and it seems like we are on our way to just that...
    I definitely get what you mean and I appreciate your comments. All I'm saying is that in the movies, even with the end of the world **** going on, characters were still telling jokes and maintaining a lighter tone. It was serious but fun at the same time. And I enjoyed the balance between drama and comedy in the films. But after Episode 7, I don't know what to think. I thought I hated it because of the mockumentary style humor which I despise. And I think I still do. But the more I think about it, what upset me was the "real life" problems that the episode introduced. Even Feige said he watched sitcoms growing up for "escapism". And that's why I'm watching this MCU stuff. But now she's moping about in her house in a flannel bathrobe all day, eating cereal sloppily, telling her children that everything is meaningless, and is practically divorced from Vision. Not to mention she looks EXHAUSTED and not at all like her sunny self from previous episodes. I like family dramas, but this is nuts. Wanda doesn't even want to accept sincere efforts from Monica to HELP her. And Vision must have dropped like thirty IQ points ever since he came "back to life" and can't seem to figure out what the hell is going on...After SEVEN episodes. Why is this show doing this? I mean, what's the lesson to be learned here? When will we see the sun again? Why do we need to torture and punish these characters? I don't get it. It's not like they're bad people and have done terrible things.

I DOUBT she's EVIL. Maybe cynical and self-serving, but not BAD. The way the show made her out to be a "villain" was too humorous and convenient in my opinion.
    yep i think the same thing

I definitely get what you mean and I appreciate your comments. All I'm saying is that in the movies, even with the end of the world **** going on, characters were still telling jokes and maintaining a lighter tone. It was serious but fun at the same time. And I enjoyed the balance between drama and comedy in the films. But after Episode 7, I don't know what to think. I thought I hated it because of the mockumentary style humor which I despise. And I think I still do. But the more I think about it, what upset me was the "real life" problems that the episode introduced. Even Feige said he watched sitcoms growing up for "escapism". And that's why I'm watching this MCU stuff. But now she's moping about in her house in a flannel bathrobe all day, eating cereal sloppily, telling her children that everything is meaningless, and is practically divorced from Vision. Not to mention she looks EXHAUSTED and not at all like her sunny self from previous episodes. I like family dramas, but this is nuts. Wanda doesn't even want to accept sincere efforts from Monica to HELP her. And Vision must have dropped like thirty IQ points ever since he came "back to life" and can't seem to figure out what the hell is going on...After SEVEN episodes. Why is this show doing this? I mean, what's the lesson to be learned here? When will we see the sun again? Why do we need to torture and punish these characters? I don't get it. It's not like they're bad people and have done terrible things.

It's clear that nothing about what's happening is coming about from the perspective of a regular family drama. Wanda's reactions or overreactions are jest within the context of her not being in her right mind and Vision isn't the same robot we know. That much is clear, i mean he already voiced not being able to remember anything about being a Avenger. And most of that 7 ep run has been Wanda/Agatha putting all of them in sitcom scenarios or rewinding, erasing and stopping time. So of course it's nuts. It's supposed to be out of control as almost nothing is in Wanda's or Visions or the rest of the towns control.

Her moping and eating cereal sloppily is a play on her mood and molding it with element of modern day, sitcom tv aka "case of the mondays" from modern family. To go along with her being exhausted.

So again nothing about this seems crazy at all and yes, the MCU and sitcoms are supposed to about "escapism". Something with comics but that doesn't mean that it has to be mindless or happy, gum drop stuff. It's has to be gounded in reality and this is reality to a lot of sitcom shows and that's what Wanda watched. So that's what Westview and their different time periods are mirroing.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 02-23-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Her stories were always pretty serious and she was hardly funny. There is one time she did tell a joke and Pietro was shocked.

Wanda being depressed with how tragic things have been is the most normal, expected thing. And it's not "pill-popping" if she's treating her depression. She's not a drug addict.

Even in comics, she lost two sets of parents, and two moms, Vision and her children. She was homeless for a time as a child. I wish they had dealt with her grief in comics like they have here. It's more accessible, relatable and treats her like a human.
    Okay, I erred in using the term pill popping. Sorry. I'm just saying I've never seen superheroes do that before, okay? And I'm growing weary of the increasingly sick commercials this series is airing. I mean, come on, that last one was disgusting. Wanda literally acted like she didn't care about her own kids in episode 7. Even though Vision has been acting like a complete buffoon throughout this series, the welfare of his children was paramount to him in last week's episode. I hated that ****. Is there a point to all this misery? As I said, I want a light at the end of this tunnel.

Okay, I erred in using the term pill popping. Sorry. I'm just saying I've never seen superheroes do that before, okay? And I'm growing weary of the increasingly sick commercials this series is airing. I mean, come on, that last one was disgusting. Wanda literally acted like she didn't care about her own kids in episode 7. Even though Vision has been acting like a complete buffoon throughout this series, the welfare of his children was paramount to him in last week's episode. I hated that ****. Is there a point to all this misery? As I said, I want a light at the end of this tunnel.
    The episode itself is depicting what depression is really like and using the modern sitcom formats of Modern Family, The Office, etc. It's not that she didn't care about her kids. When they go missing she searches frantically for them and that's how she gets in trouble with Agatha. It's just depicting how depression can suck the energy out of people and make them not able to do things they even love. Which is very real and relatable. Wanda has depression in 616 canon. They are just giving an honest look into the struggle. A lot like Waid did with Daredevil in his series in comics. And the commercials are going through all her past traumas and current state.

Vision was one of the first to realize this reality was fake. He's not at all a buffoon.

The point of the misery is to have Wanda work through her grief and come out of it stronger in the end. That's what the showrunners are aiming for. And maybe if comics would have done that, they wouldn't have done Darker than Scarlet, AD/HoM.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    yep i think the same thing

It's clear that nothing about what's happening is coming about from the perspective of a regular family drama. Wanda's reactions or overreactions are jest within the context of her not being in her right mind and Vision isn't the same robot we know. That much is clear, i mean he already voiced not being able to remember anything about being a Avenger. And most of that 7 ep run has been Wanda/Agatha putting all of them in sitcom scenarios or rewinding, erasing and stopping time. So of course it's nuts. It's supposed to be out of control as almost nothing is in Wanda's or Visions or the rest of the towns control.

Her moping and eating cereal sloppily is a play on her mood and molding it with element of modern day, sitcom tv aka "case of the mondays" from modern family. To go along with her being exhausted.

So again nothing about this seems crazy at all and yes, the MCU and sitcoms are supposed to about "escapism". Something with comics but that doesn't mean that it has to be mindless or happy, gum drop stuff. It's has to be gounded in reality and this is reality to a lot of sitcom shows and that's what Wanda watched. So that's what Westview and their different time periods are mirroing.
    Didn't Vision brag in that first episode of being incapable of forgetting? And now he says he doesn't remember who he is? I don't get it. This show has turned from a fun sitcom tribute to Disneys' version of Ordinary People and I just think that's a really controversial decision. Nebula and Thor suffered trauma in the movies, but they didn't react like Wanda has here (Thor turned to alcohol and I thought his dudebro portrayal was hilariously funny). I mean, I'm happy Wanda hasn't KILLED anybody, but I feel this show is getting too unsettling for my liking. And it's not very nice that Wanda is rejecting Monica's sincere efforts to help her.

Didn't Vision brag in that first episode of being incapable of forgetting? And now he says he doesn't remember who he is? I don't get it. This show has turned from a fun sitcom tribute to Disneys' version of Ordinary People and I just think that's a really controversial decision. Nebula and Thor suffered trauma in the movies, but they didn't react like Wanda has here (Thor turned to alcohol and I thought his dudebro portrayal was hilariously funny). I mean, I'm happy Wanda hasn't KILLED anybody, but I feel this show is getting too unsettling for my liking. And it's not very nice that Wanda is rejecting Monica's sincere efforts to help her.
    Nebula became very serious and murderous due to what happened to her. And Wanda is under Agatha's influence at the time she rejects Monica. Thor was so depressed that he stopped living life properly and was living in filth and getting into arguments with teens in Fortnite.

The episode itself is depicting what depression is really like and using the modern sitcom formats of Modern Family, The Office, etc. It's not that she didn't care about her kids. When they go missing she searches frantically for them and that's how she gets in trouble with Agatha. It's just depicting how depression can suck the energy out of people and make them not able to do things they even love. Which is very real and relatable. Wanda has depression in 616 canon. They are just giving an honest look into the struggle. A lot like Waid did with Daredevil in his series in comics. And the commercials are going through all her past traumas and current state.

Vision was one of the first to realize this reality was fake. He's not at all a buffoon.

The point of the misery is to have Wanda work through her grief and come out of it stronger in the end. That's what the showrunners are aiming for. And maybe if comics would have done that, they wouldn't have done Darker than Scarlet, AD/HoM.
    All I'm saying is that if you have people who love you, life has meaning. And Wanda has people who definitely love her and she's not appreciating that. I know she's depressed, but she should acknowledge that fact. I hate what's been done to her character in Episode 7. I want Wanda to become the loving and caring person she was in the movies and in the earlier episodes of the show. And I hope that starts in Episode 8.

Nebula became very serious and murderous due to what happened to her. And Wanda is under Agatha's influence at the time she rejects Monica. Thor was so depressed that he stopped living life properly and was living in filth and getting into arguments with teens in Fortnite.
    But they're going into Wanda's depression in SO much detail here. It's totally okay for her to seek help. The show should encourage that. Now I'm going to bed! Goodnight!

All I'm saying is that if you have people who love you, life has meaning. And Wanda has people who definitely love her and she's not appreciating that. I know she's depressed, but she should acknowledge that fact. I hate what's been done to her character in Episode 7. I want Wanda to become the loving and caring person she was in the movies and in the earlier episodes of the show. And I hope that starts in Episode 8.
    Depression isn't something a person can help. They are aware people love them. It's a disorder for a reason. You can't simply reason a way out of it. Her taking medicine is her acknowledging her depression. Like I said, she already showed she cared about her kids. You are stating falsehoods to be unfair and no offense but really a debbie downer about this show while saying you want it to be light-hearted. And all that makes no sense. It's taking her through a journey that is reasonable for everything that she's been through. And has been pretty humane and sympathetic towards her. The darker tones might not personally be your cup of tea, but that doesn't make the show bad. You've just been so negative of it from the start, even when it had the happier moments.

But they're going into Wanda's depression in SO much detail here. It's totally okay for her to seek help. The show should encourage that. Now I'm going to bed! Goodnight!
    As they should go into great detail. It's her show. Not her in an ensemble/team-based movie. If the medication is for depression then she likely already sought help.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-23-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Depression isn't something a person can help. They are aware people love them. It's a disorder for a reason. You can't simply reason a way out of it. Her taking medicine is her acknowledging her depression. Like I said, she already showed she cared about her kids. You are stating falsehoods to be unfair and no offense but really a debbie downer about this show while saying you want it to be light-hearted. And all that makes no sense. It's taking her through a journey that is reasonable for everything that she's been through. And has been pretty humane and sympathetic towards her. The darker tones might not personally be your cup of tea, but that doesn't make the show bad. You've just been so negative of it from the start, even when it had the happier moments.
    Yeah, Albert1981 it seems like you aren't discussing in good faith in relation to the actual facts of the matter. At this point.

Agree here. The show is offering an honest depiction of Wanda's journey through trauma and depression. I appreciate that they've portrayed it respectively so far. There exists a prevalent misunderstanding that depression is just a mood rather than a severe psychosocial medical disorder. Wanda (and people in general with depression) cannot simply pull herself up by the bootstraps and shake off her grief; her pain and depression blind/block the answers she needs and even to the love of the people around her (cause love isn't some panacea that fixes all). Add to that she's being actively manipulated by someone that wishes to take advantage of her depressed state. In her own way, Wanda believes that she is coping with her emotions, seeking refuge in this utopian world acts as a shield for her and we're seeing the repercussions as the facade peels away and reality seeps in. The "happy" Wanda that some people enjoy, while still representative of her, is the mask and we're seeing it come off now.