Page 112 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think the show is trying to tackle TOO many stories at once. Take for example that BRUTAL argument Wanda and Vision had in Episode 5. I've never seen anything like that in a superhero film/show. To me they were kind of diving into issues like spousal emotional abuse and I thought that was really mature for a Disney product. It was very engaging and I kind of enjoyed it. But ever since then, Wanda hasn't been the same person. It's like she's turned into somebody else. I wish the show could have pursued the aftermath of that fight a little bit more, but then we got the surprise Quicksilver reveal. Then we had the next episode of Pietro fucking toying with Wanda's emotions and messing with her kids. Which was very intriguing, but after she blasted him that was not pursued EITHER. In the last episode, the show went ALL in on Wanda's depression. Even so far as letting audiences know that she wasn't even being honest with herself let alone other people when she kept insisting that she was "fine". But then we had the Agatha reveal. I just feel the show's use of sudden reveals at the end of each episode TOOK AWAY discussion about the things which were featured earlier in them. People talked about Pietro and Agatha after the revelations about them, but now nobody's really talking about Wanda's mental and emotional state as much. And trust me, that's not a comfortable subject to talk about. But if the show's gonna go THERE, then let's focus on that.
    You may be right. Marvel wants to be cute and have easter eggs and stuff.
    but to me some of what you speak was the beauty of it all.
    I knew going in that the homage TV sitcoms was all false from the start obviously but masked a true dark core. I never imagined it could be this dark, but that is the basic thing, Wanda didn't get to, or won't process the grief of Vision etc and this is what happened.

It does mirror a lot of her treatment in comics, over years, so this is actually an abridged way of looking at her tragic history.

I have a feeling, maybe, that both of them or one at first then the other, will not be long in MCU, like Downy or Evans. But who know?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I appreciate your recent comments. And I'm sorry if I was overbearing myself.
    I think superheroes became 'darker themed' in the comics quite a while ago and I'm going to say it was mostly that Dark Knight and Wolverine stories in the '80s and/ or '90s. So 'dark' sells, pretty much.

And yeah it may seem that there is a lot of depression type stories. But it does sell. What could be more depressing that Infinity War with everyone dusting, including Wanda.

I'm enjoying the ride. Pretty sure there are surprises I will enjoy. I want Agatha to not be done with, but we will see. If Agatha is more like her comic counterpart, than after this, if she becomes a more credible characters, she could be recast by an older looking Witchy woman, if Hahn didn't want or get that offer. I'd be okay with her comedic stance, because it nuances her evil. Delightful. Thanks for sharing!
    Yeah, no hard feelings. You don't have to apologize. I find these discussions a lot of fun. And I like being challenged. My mind's been changed here, and it might even be possible I might have changed some others! I've never been a fan of "dark and gritty" stories. That's why I'm loving the MCU right now. They've purposely steered away from more mature themes and subject matter...Until now. My antipathy towards edgelord grimdark stories is so ingrained in me that it took some of the joy out of me watching WandaVision. I don't think any of us here could have expected how twisted and creepy this show has gotten. And part of me just doesn't buy the concept of a person who can warp reality but is unable to deal with her mental health issues. I know these stories require a suspension of disbelief, but that's a bit of a stretch for me. Oh, I love Hahn. She is SO funny. Man has she made me laugh. I loved her in Episode 2:

VISION: Yeah, yeah. What she said. I will now make my wife… disappear.
    AGNES: Are you sure you don’t want an audience volunteer named “My husband Ralph?”

Yeah, Agatha should definitely stick around for a while.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-24-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You may be right. Marvel wants to be cute and have easter eggs and stuff.
    but to me some of what you speak was the beauty of it all.
    I knew going in that the homage TV sitcoms was all false from the start obviously but masked a true dark core. I never imagined it could be this dark, but that is the basic thing, Wanda didn't get to, or won't process the grief of Vision etc and this is what happened.

It does mirror a lot of her treatment in comics, over years, so this is actually an abridged way of looking at her tragic history.

I have a feeling, maybe, that both of them or one at first then the other, will not be long in MCU, like Downy or Evans. But who know?
    I don't have an issue with the writing or acting to tell you the truth. I have an issue with how long this series is. If they had been able to utilize the FULL six hours that had been given to them by Disney, there would have been PLENTY of time to flesh out SWORD, Monica, Quicksilver, Agatha, Mephisto/Nightmare, Billy and Tommy and most importantly Wanda and Vision. It would have given more time for Olsen to deal with the issues that the character has been confronted with. But instead, we got LOTS of credits. Which I didn't like at all. I'm not a fan of darker stories, but if you're gonna tell them, let's dive in with both feet instead of lightly touching on these sensitive subjects. There's just too much setting up of other movies and shows for me in too short a span of time.

To me, I find it hard to believe that Wanda will sticking around for a long time once Billy and Tommy are grown up superheroes themselves. But I could be wrong.

I am enjoying the show, and I do actually appreciate what it is trying to do. It's VERY risky and I think we can all safely say that it's a challenging series. You're right, I'm a bit of a debbie downer because WandaVision has been a downer. Even the humor fits into that mold. At first I thought it was just me, but don't you find the jokes being made are sort of "false" and "artificial", and the writers of this series are totally doing that on purpose? This is not the Gunn/Waititi/Whedon humor that I'm used to where there's no hidden meaning behind it. I am very understanding about mental illness. I think stigmatizing it is wrong and it should be treated the same as physical disabilities. I also think it is good to talk about these issues instead of bottling up these things inside. I just feel sorry that there are so many people in the world who are suffering in silence because they don't have access to medication and therapy. And that goes for people who endured this since the dawn of human civilization. I just feel it's weird that superhero action adventure movies and shows would be tackling these subjects. I mean, there are PLENTY of movies and shows in other genres who can deal with this in FAR greater detail. Why this one? It's a bit of a downer to me, yes. That just takes away from my joy in watching it. Vision and Wanda are very unhappy characters in the comic books, I was hoping that the MCU would avoid some of that stuff in their portrayals of them on screen.
    You can only count on the MCU breaking the mould and doing different things. Which is what they did when they created this universe. They were completely honest about this phase being different. And honest about this show exploring Wanda's journey through grief. They also seem to be headed towards dark magic, monsters and all that. Which they did with Wanda and Doctor Strange in comics.

I have depression. So I've appreciated their honest and sincere view of it. And them not making a joke out of it. Or making it seem like something temporary and easy to work through. Which is a common trope hollywood and books do.

Enough people have enjoyed this show to put it at the top of the streaming charts. And Agatha's song on the top of itunes. I think you are in the severe minority here with your complaints.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-24-2021 at 12:19 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I don't have an issue with the writing or acting to tell you the truth. I have an issue with how long this series is. If they had been able to utilize the FULL six hours that had been given to them by Disney, there would have been PLENTY of time to flesh out SWORD, Monica, Quicksilver, Agatha, Mephisto/Nightmare, Billy and Tommy and most importantly Wanda and Vision. It would have given more time for Olsen to deal with the issues that the character has been confronted with. But instead, we got LOTS of credits. Which I didn't like at all. I'm not a fan of darker stories, but if you're gonna tell them, let's dive in with both feet instead of lightly touching on these sensitive subjects. There's just too much setting up of other movies and shows for me in too short a span of time.

To me, I find it hard to believe that Wanda will sticking around for a long time once Billy and Tommy are grown up superheroes themselves. But I could be wrong.
    Most of those characters you mentioned are getting fleshed out in other things. Some of them likely aren't even in this series. This is fleshing out Wanda because it's her show.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I have depression. So I've appreciated their honest and sincere view of it. And them not making a joke out of it. Or making it seem like something temporary and easy to work through. Which is a common trope hollywood and books do.
    I also have depression and I agree entirely with everything you've said.

I'm honestly hoping Wanda doesn't lose the twins... at least not permanently. She's already so traumatized. Seeing her and Dr. Strange journeying through the multiverse to rescue them wold be great, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

I'm honestly hoping Wanda doesn't lose the twins... at least not permanently. She's already so traumatized. Seeing her and Dr. Strange journeying through the multiverse to rescue them wold be great, though.
    Yeah I want them to stick around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

Well, we're probably getting the Young Avengers (or some variant)...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we're probably getting the Young Avengers (or some variant)...
    Definitely, we just aren't sure if these versions of the twins keep growing up into Wiccan and Speed or if they died off and are reborn. I'd personally like for them to just grow up. Because it gets rid of some of the messiness of their comics origin. And it saves Wanda at least some grief.

Mighty Member

I heard Docter Stange will make 3 appearances. In the new Spider-man 3 as his mentor the new Doctor Stange Movie. And Im 80 percent sure in Wanda Vision since it connects to Doctor Stange

You can only count on the MCU breaking the mold and doing different things. Which is what they did when they created this universe. They were completely honest about this phase being different. And honest about this show exploring Wanda's journey through grief. They also seem to be headed towards dark magic, monsters and all that. Which they did with Wanda and Doctor Strange in comics.

Enough people have enjoyed this show to put it at the top of the streaming charts. And Agatha's song on the top of itunes. I think you are in the severe minority here with your complaints.
    I'm very sorry you are struggling with mental health issues. And I truly appreciate you being so honest and candid about it on these forums. Same goes for nx01a. Hopefully, you both are being treated and things are okay on your end. It's just me that's the problem. Not the show itself. I think it's great, as I've said many times before. But it's a bit dark for my tastes? I was definitely NOT expecting what we're getting. The MCU HAS tried to deal with issues like substance abuse and mental health before, but I don't think they were all that meaningful. Iron Man 2 sort of talked about Tony's alcoholism, but then the jokes started piling in. Thor had to deal with his guilt in Infinity War and Endgame, but again the jokes just piled in again. So I wasn't expecting Marvel to tackle mental illness in a serious way. So I was surprised by what's happened in WandaVision. I'm even honestly dreading Love & Thunder now because they're gonna be addressing some of the same issues that WandaVision is talking about. I guess Phase 4 will be a lot more serious than the previous three? That was not what I was expecting. I guess I didn't get the memo. I wish people were actually talking about Wanda's challenges MORE to tell you the truth. Since I've read through your responses, that's become more interesting to me. I almost lost interest in the who the final video game boss of this show will be and how this series will tie in with the Multiverse of Madness. Let's deal with Wanda's guilt and trauma HEAD ON while there is still time. Forget about the Easter Eggs. Bring Vision back into the picture so Wanda doesn't have to face her emotional problems alone. But for some reason, I'm expecting HUGE exposition dumps into Wanda's and Agatha's pasts in Episode 8. I hope the show doesn't neglect Wanda's personal struggles in favor of big action sequences too soon. There's still more room to explore these issues...But because the series has to address the other things which I mentioned earlier, I'm worried that they won't. Man, I wish this series was longer!

‘WandaVision’: Elizabeth Olsen Character Will Head To ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Pic; No Season 2 Planned Yet
    https://deadline.com/2021/02/wandavi...-2-1234700034/

I'm very sorry you are struggling with mental health issues. And I truly appreciate you being so honest and candid about it on these forums. Same goes for nx01a. Hopefully, you both are being treated and things are okay on your end. It's just me that's the problem. Not the show itself. I think it's great, as I've said many times before. But it's a bit dark for my tastes? I was definitely NOT expecting what we're getting. The MCU HAS tried to deal with issues like substance abuse and mental health before, but I don't think they were all that meaningful. Iron Man 2 sort of talked about Tony's alcoholism, but then the jokes started piling in. Thor had to deal with his guilt in Infinity War and Endgame, but again the jokes just piled in again. So I wasn't expecting Marvel to tackle mental illness in a serious way. So I was surprised by what's happened in WandaVision. I'm even honestly dreading Love & Thunder now because they're gonna be addressing some of the same issues that WandaVision is talking about. I guess Phase 4 will be a lot more serious than the previous three? That was not what I was expecting. I guess I didn't get the memo. I wish people were actually talking about Wanda's challenges MORE to tell you the truth. Since I've read through your responses, that's become more interesting to me. I almost lost interest in the who the final video game boss of this show will be and how this series will tie in with the Multiverse of Madness. Let's deal with Wanda's guilt and trauma HEAD ON while there is still time. Forget about the Easter Eggs. Bring Vision back into the picture so Wanda doesn't have to face her emotional problems alone. But for some reason, I'm expecting HUGE exposition dumps into Wanda's and Agatha's pasts in Episode 8. I hope the show doesn't neglect Wanda's personal struggles in favor of big action sequences too soon. There's still more room to explore these issues...But because the series has to address the other things which I mentioned earlier, I'm worried that they won't. Man, I wish this series was longer!
    Hopefully the success of her show means they'll do more with Wanda until Liz is ready to let the role go.

Hopefully the success of her show means they'll do more with Wanda until Liz is ready to let the role go.
    I doubt any of these MCU and/or DCEU performers will ever get iconic roles like these again. I think Disney and Warner Brothers determines their fates more than the actors and actresses do. Which is good. Because I HATE divas. I don't think any future project that Wanda is involved in will ever be as innovative, original and different than WandaVision. It will be mostly typical superhero stuff. Which isn't bad, but it's gonna be hard to repeat what WandaVision has done. From what I've read, the writers and producers of this show have exhausted almost ALL of the stories that the Scarlet Witch and the Vision have been involved in as source material.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-24-2021 at 12:48 PM.

I doubt any of these MCU and/or DCEU performers will ever get iconic roles like these again. I think Feige determines their fate more than the actors and actresses do. Which is good. Because I HATE divas.
    I don't doubt it, because Feige had an interview today and said it's not a definite no. Obviously there are different things they could do with Wanda. She has a vast presence and history to pluck. Even recently she's had things they can pull from, such as her being a magic detective. If they do a movie version of Midnight Sons, she could be a member or make an appearance. I'm not gonna completely rule it out. I'm also not gonna expect it to happen. But he said the show has been more popular than they were expecting. So usually companies don't leave that potential alone. They want to tap in to that sort of success.