Page 124 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    can we stop rotting this thread with mutant stuff like it's obvious the MCU ain't touching the mutant gene unless they do something with the fake pietro from fox a the end which we don't know
    Agreed, I wonder what will happen to the twins after the hex goes down. I'm also excited to see Wanda use her full chaos magic next week

BANNED

I loved the particle effects and hand guestures, the pure magic feel in this is so refreshing, ESPECIALLY after the boring orientalism obssesed kung fu doctor who bs they made dr strange into.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Agreed, I wonder what will happen to the twins after the hex goes down. I'm also excited to see Wanda use her full chaos magic next week
    Oh about the twins I gotta say I love their current actors! Without spoiling anything they did a great job selling the fear and panic at the end all the while staying in respective character with the small details that make Billy, Billy & Tommy, Tommy so claps to those two.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

IKR, all this Revealing of Chaos Magic, Wanda confronting her pains to work to start to overcome them to make her a strong person and the EPICNESS of The Scarlet Witch Name Drop, the Lore is Flowing and more Hyped the evert for the Next Episode!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

spoilers:
    I think Agatha may end up a bit more benevolent after all. She doesnt appear to want to hurt Wanda, she's just prodding her to find out what she is and what she can do. I really hope that's the ending we get, with her now teaming up to teach her, just like she was denied being taught all those years ago by her own mother.

I'm very much thinking there may not be a big bad here after all, and this really is just Wanda being much more powerful that anyone thought, and her trauma brought it all out.

Hayward is just a bad director/human trope.

The one and only extra detail we have yet to see realised is that I thought there was a spoiler about Dick Van Dyke being on set for something. Maybe he just came in as an advisor on the aesthetic, but I could also see him show up as some sort of Mephisto figure....but there doesnt seem to be enough time left for that.

As such, I think it'll just be crazy white Vision needing to be stopped, somehow Wanda's Vision and that one merge, and that is how we get Vision back.

Wanda is in Doctor Strange, but isnt actually a villain after all, he'll just need her help and raw magic and they'll be some comedy moment between him and Agatha.

I'd almost feel let down with no bad after all this, but I'd let it go to get Agatha in her comics accurate role.

The kids are the big ? for me now. What is going to happen to those twins...
    end of spoilers
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

And they finally gave Byrne credit. About time.

It'll be interesting to see how next week is paced. I feel like they need to wrap up the Agatha story, hex comes down then save Westview from whiteVision and SWORD in that order for it to make sense. Unless it's a divide and conquer thing. But wandaVision should be there by now and we have no idea where Monica/Fietro went, like if they're off fighting somewhere or what.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 02-26-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    can we stop rotting this thread with mutant stuff like it's obvious the MCU ain't touching the mutant gene unless they do something with the fake pietro from fox a the end which we don't know
    As a diehard X-men fan who cannot stand the Avengers and ESPECIALLY The Pretender, lol, the biggest credit to WandaVision and Elizabeth Olsen's performance is it's the first thing I've ever read/watched that made me think of her as something other than emblematic of how Marvel stripmined the x-men of everything cool to prop up a crap IP and foolish business decisions. Uncanny Avengers and Children's Crusade didn't help matters any.

Given how strongly my disdain is for all things Avengers, and ambivalence toward the MCU, I cannot be more impressed the show provided a counterpoint that actually made me sort-of interested in the character again. I get that sounds backhanded, but even that was inconceivable to me prior to this show.

What an emotional episode it was!

Also epic seeing Agatha using her powers and Wanda using chaos magic to re-make Westview to fit her style.

"You have no idea how dangerous you are," says Agatha, who's now holding Billy and Tommy captive. "You're supposed to be a myth — a being capable of spontaneous creation. Here you are, using it to make breakfast for dinner. [...] Oh, yes, your children, Vision, this whole little life you've made. This is chaos magic, Wanda. That makes you ... the Scarlet Witch."

The name drop, ooh yes!

BANNED

I know a lot of people want Mephisto and it's possible he'll show up next week or something, but I think Feige is delaying him for Doctor Strange II and later. If Mephisto shows up it will be a "Thanos sits on throne and smiles" cameo like in Avengers 1, at best.

This show already did a lot and does a lot by reorienting Wanda in the MCU and through that reorientation expand and change our conception of that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    If they are moving towards this and Dr. Strange 2, Spiderman 3 as funneling us towards a multiverse scenario, it means the villain or architect is from some other dimension or universe, and with magical essence or energies, which does sound like Dr. Strange territory.

But some architect who can see other dimensions or realms, the multiverse, would have scenarios or plot lines to work from.

Someone was talking Mojo and I didn't think so, but maybe it could/ultimately, turn into that.
    The cool thing about some of the '60s Dr. Strange stories was the layers or levels of realms or beings in charge of things, that he had to work through or traverse, to get to the deepest secrets and such.
    So this could be too, that the more it goes on, the more we find someone else is watching someone else, and or pulling the strings.
    That could be Multi - Versal.
    More so I was just wondering if it was necessary or would they just let us jump into Dr. Strange 2 without a bridge. If Dr. Strange doesn't show up in Wandavision, there will need to be some "architect" as you suggested. Not sure about Mojo though lol! Spiral is a cool magic related character that I'd like to see to see at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I feel like the final episode will be a little like Endgame with secondary characters getting their "moment" and that's it. My expectation now is that they won't do anything more Monica, Darcy or Jimmy beyond a heroic scene. Some of your "lingering points" have been explained as much as they need to be ... beekeeper, Pietro, engineer. I think the Westview folks will get a New Yorkers from Spider-Man style moment where they are shown to be brave. And it'll all have a cliffhanger/wrapup.
    Yeah, the Endgame approach is the best they could probably accomplish.
    spoilers:
    I only added Monica and Pietro to the list because of what we saw in the mid-credits scene for Episode 6. They have to do something with that and it takes up screen time.

The beekeeper... I mean I guess they showed who it was, but I feel like they implied some kind of mystery with regards to the significance. I mean otherwise why didn't he just emerge like some kind of old-timey plumber?

The whole situation with the engineer was handled really poorly. If it has already been addressed, that was a huge fail. I understand why red herrings can be fun sometimes, but that was not the way to do it. They built it up for two episodes and then forgot about it (also, not to assume genders, but Monica specifically referred to the person as "my guy"). Teyonah Parris went on record saying she couldn't wait for fans to learn who it was. So either something is still in the works, or she's trolling.
    end of spoilers

I'm confused

spoilers:

So the Vision who we have seen until now it is not the original Vision, but a creation of Wanda? And White Vision is the OG Vision but rebuilt, as it was in WCA? That is the idea? If yes, she went in full House of M mode.
    Or it is the other way around? Wanda rebuilt Vision and SWORD made anohter one based in what they learn?
    Then, the recording than Wayward showed to Monica was false?
    end of spoilers
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I'm confused

spoilers:

So the Vision who we have seen until now it is not the original Vision, but a creation of Wanda? And White Vision is the OG Vision but rebuilt, as it was in WCA? That is the idea? If yes, she went in full House of M mode.
    Or it is the other way around? Wanda rebuilt Vision and SWORD made anohter one based in what they learn?
    Then, the recording than Wayward showed to Monica was false?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The recording was without context. It showed Wanda using her magic to open the door and break into the room they had Vision in. What was left out was that Wanda had permission to do those things.

She left the body there and made a new Vision that can't leave the Hex without disintegrating. SWORD put the original Vision body together to make the new white Vision.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    As a diehard X-men fan who cannot stand the Avengers and ESPECIALLY The Pretender, lol, the biggest credit to WandaVision and Elizabeth Olsen's performance is it's the first thing I've ever read/watched that made me think of her as something other than emblematic of how Marvel stripmined the x-men of everything cool to prop up a crap IP and foolish business decisions. Uncanny Avengers and Children's Crusade didn't help matters any.

Given how strongly my disdain is for all things Avengers, and ambivalence toward the MCU, I cannot be more impressed the show provided a counterpoint that actually made me sort-of interested in the character again. I get that sounds backhanded, but even that was inconceivable to me prior to this show.
    No, that's not backhanded at all. This show is sort of like a mashup of many of Wanda's comic stories through the ages, including the stories of Bendis, Byrne, Busiek and even some writers whose names don't start with B, but with all the worst bits taken out.

Plus of course the advantage movies/TV have over comics is that good actors have a special charisma that makes us love them no matter what. Iron Man will never be as popular in the comics as he was when Robert Downey Jr. played him, and MCU Wanda could run over a puppy and we'd still like her because she's Elizabeth Olsen (just like MCU Agatha admitted to murdering a dog and everyone still loves her becaus she's Kathryn Hahn).
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-26-2021 at 05:53 PM.

So how are they going to address the brainwashing? How is Wanda not going to be culpable for what she has done with these peoples' lives?

I mean, Hayward is discrediting SWORD but I doubt the citizens of Westview are going to be okay with Wanda being a public hero or leaving unless she faces some kind of justice.

Extraordinary Member

They really should have used the exposition dump episode to tell us more about Westview, instead of just having a few of the residents in cameos.

Though while I'd prefer them to make Wanda not guilty I also wouldn't mind if they just had her settle down in Westview and work to help the town get back on its feet and make ameds while she goes to therapy/magic training.

They may not even have time to show us what she's going to do next, though. I really wish they'd made that secret 10th episode, but it doesn't look like it.