Page 130 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4180

Thread: Wandavision

  1. #1936
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Seems a fair amount of people will be pissed if there is no mutant tease and Fietro was just a easter egg by the end of the show. Which I don't understand. It's always been about Wanda and Vision, not about mutants and X-Men. And let's be honest, do folks in this thread really believe general audiences will end up understanding what the hell probability hexes and chaos magic are? In any case, the next episode is about to be absolutely wild. I hope everyone is prepared for numerous threads to go unresolved. LOL!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-27-2021 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #1937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Seems a fair amount of people will be pissed if there is no mutant tease and Fietro was just a easter egg by the end of the show. Which I don't understand. It's always been about Wanda and Vision, not about mutants and X-Men. And let's be honest, do folks in this thread really believe general audiences will end up understanding what the hell probability hexes and chaos magic are? In any case, the next episode is about to be absolutely wild. I hope everyone is prepared for numerous threads to go unresolved. LOL!
    I think people are just anxious for mutants. So they don't want to accept Feige's statement that they won't be soon. But it will happen. And then they'll get whole phases to themselves. There's a lot of X-Men stories to tell and it'll likely occupy the future of the MCU.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  3. #1938
    Incredible Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    914

    Default

    I think I’m in the minority of x-fans that never wanted Evan Peters to be from the FOX universe. I’d prefer they just wipe the slate clean with x-men. It will really limit the creative possibilities if they have to work around the history of the fox-men franchise.

  4. #1939
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I think I’m in the minority of x-fans that never wanted Evan Peters to be from the FOX universe. I’d prefer they just wipe the slate clean with x-men. It will really limit the creative possibilities if they have to work around the history of the fox-men franchise.
    My expectation was that, should Fietro turn out to be the "real" Fox Quicksilver, that he'd end up being a multiversal refugee, the Fox X films would be established as part of the multiverse, and everything else would be promptly ignored forever. No other actor from the Fox films would be used, no other version of the Fox characters would appear, the MCU would roll out their own version of the X-Men, and Fietro would be treated as "normal" Quicksilver, but with a small twist in his backstory that would rarely be brought up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  5. #1940
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    My expectation was that, should Fietro turn out to be the "real" Fox Quicksilver, that he'd end up being a multiversal refugee, the Fox X films would be established as part of the multiverse, and everything else would be promptly ignored forever. No other actor from the Fox films would be used, no other version of the Fox characters would appear, the MCU would roll out their own version of the X-Men, and Fietro would be treated as "normal" Quicksilver, but with a small twist in his backstory that would rarely be brought up.
    That is my expectation, but with Deadpool instead. He's the only one confirmed for the MCU so far, and the fourth-wall breaking nature of the character allows him to play more fast and loose with those type of rules.

    But if Fietro really is Peter, I absolutely don't think he should just be treated as a replacement for the MCU Quicksilver, and he should be shipped off to wherever he came from once his purpose is done. Anything other than that would piss me off royally, specially because WandaVision has made pretty clear he is not Wanda's brother and he can't just replace him like that. Quicksilver is so much more than just a guy who runs fast, and to have someone filling Pietro's shoes, but not having ANY of the backstory and emotional connection to Wanda is just stupid to me. If Marvel wants another shot with Quicksilver, he should be Pietro Maximoff. They already brought Loki and Gamora back from the dead using the same actors. They can do the same with Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

  6. #1941
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,971

    Default

    I think that white Vision is Ultron. I think he will kill Heyward and then come to kill Wanda and Vision.

  7. #1942
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That is my expectation, but with Deadpool instead. He's the only one confirmed for the MCU so far, and the fourth-wall breaking nature of the character allows him to play more fast and loose with those type of rules.
    [SNIP]
    If Marvel wants another shot with Quicksilver, he should be Pietro Maximoff. They already brought Loki and Gamora back from the dead using the same actors. They can do the same with Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
    Agreed. I have nothing against Evans (like him in American Horror Story, as well as Quickfoxer), but ATJ would be my choice for MCU Quicksilver, if they wanted to bring him back.

    And Deadpool is absolutely likely to be the one Fox holdover, although a few others from his series, such as Zazie Beetz as Domino or Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Longest Name Ever, could also sneak in.

    While I suspect at least some would agitate for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, I'm not sure he *wants* to be Wolverine for another five to ten years...

  8. #1943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think that white Vision is Ultron. I think he will kill Heyward and then come to kill Wanda and Vision.
    I think he'll just be like White Vision from the comics. And won't recognize Wanda or the kids. Wanda's creation of Vision will battle against him, like Vision battled an alt version of himself. Either it'll end with neither version of Vision being around or Wanda's creation merges with Vision's body to put him back. My bet is on a sad ending though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #1944
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What would Wakanda have done with Vision's body with Shuri gone? Stripped the Vibranium out?

    spoilers:
    Seems like they could possibly merge Hex!Vision's consciousness with White!Vision's body.
    end of spoilers
    Wakanda is highly developed super-tech country, AND their development based around vibranium. If anyone, they should have the most capable scientists to restore Vision, even without Shuri. And even if they decided not to, or incapable of doing so, they should have at least completely demolished Vision's body to prevent it being used as a weapon. And any way it seems irresponsible and not heroic for Avengers to abandon body of their comrade. When Pietro died, his body wasn't left in Sokovia, Avengers brought him to helicarrier with them, so why had they abandoned Vision? Why his body ended up in S.W.O.R.D.'s possession?
    Last edited by Harasar; 02-27-2021 at 07:15 PM.

  10. #1945
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    “Well, I was born yesterday.”

    Paul Bettany’s delivery of lines that would otherwise come off as cringy/corny is one of the things I love about his portrayal of Vision. He manages to make the character so charming and endearing you just can’t help but love him. I have teased the MCU's version of Vision as being a goofball and confused most of the time, but I do enjoy his musings on human nature without seeming pretentious or condescending. A bit like Data from TNG, a weird non-human who is equally naive and perceptive?

    It’s going to be sad to lose Vision again, because I can’t imagine them keeping him alive after this series. Not because they couldn’t, but because I feel like this story has been all about Wanda and her grief. She’s going through the five stages of grief, and she’ll have to reach “acceptance” eventually. I feel like reviving Vision would undercut that.

    I think the lesson from the show is that grief is a natural part of our lives, and we all process it in different ways, and even superheroes feel it. How they overcome it, or move on from it is what inspires us.

    So far, each of the core heroes of the Avengers/MCU, has experienced loss and grief, and we’ve got to see how they overcame it: Tony, Steve, Natasha, Thor, Banner, Clint, Peter Parker, etc. And now we get to see Wanda’s journey.

    And I just want to add that I believe Elizabeth Olsen gave her best performance by far throughout her career in the MCU in Episode 8 of WandaVision. I thought she was absolutely wonderful and did a FANTASTIC job in yesterday's episode. Definitely deserving of praise and acclaim, that's for sure! I'm looking forward to seeing her in more things in the future.

  11. #1946
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Wakanda is highly developed super-tech country, AND their development based around vibranium. If anyone, they should have the most capable scientists to restore Vision, even without Shuri. And even if they decided not to, or incapable of doing so, they should have at least completely demolished Vision's body to prevent it being used as a weapon. And any way it seems irresponsible and not heroic for Avengers to abandon body of their comrade. When Pietro died, his body wasn't left in Sokovia, Avengers brought him to helicarrier with them, so why had they abandoned Vision? Why his body ended up in S.W.O.R.D.'s possession?
    His body was disassembled according to his will, given to SWORD run by someone Captain Marvel could vouch for. One assumes that after Maria passed away, things changed.

    It isn't like Vision's body would have rotted, after all.

  12. #1947
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Wakanda is highly developed super-tech country, AND their development based around vibranium. If anyone, they should have the most capable scientists to restore Vision, even without Shuri. And even if they decided not to, or incapable of doing so, they should have at least completely demolished Vision's body to prevent it being used as a weapon. And any way it seems irresponsible and not heroic for Avengers to abandon body of their comrade. When Pietro died, his body wasn't left in Sokovia, Avengers brought him to helicarrier with them, so why had they abandoned Vision? Why his body ended up in S.W.O.R.D.'s possession?
    Yeah, the Avengers seem to have pretty much abandoned Wanda and Vision to a large extent. But to be fair, each of them seem to have a lot on their plates and are pretty busy. I mean, what the hell is Doctor Strange doing right now in light of the situation in New Jersey? Doesn't seem to be a very diligent sorcerer at all!

  13. #1948
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, the Avengers seem to have pretty much abandoned Wanda and Vision to a large extent. But to be fair, each of them seem to have a lot on their plates and are pretty busy. I mean, what the hell is Doctor Strange doing right now in light of the situation in New Jersey? Doesn't seem to be a very diligent sorcerer at all!
    Most are dead or recovering themselves, lol.

    I think it's just a combination of bad timing and trauma. Wanda's been dead for 5 years, so she hasn't been able to process what happened, and she's in a world that's celebrating countless returns from the dead. In a world of happy returns, she's literally the only one to have still lost a loved one from the same event.

  14. #1949
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That is my expectation, but with Deadpool instead. He's the only one confirmed for the MCU so far, and the fourth-wall breaking nature of the character allows him to play more fast and loose with those type of rules.

    But if Fietro really is Peter, I absolutely don't think he should just be treated as a replacement for the MCU Quicksilver, and he should be shipped off to wherever he came from once his purpose is done. Anything other than that would piss me off royally, specially because WandaVision has made pretty clear he is not Wanda's brother and he can't just replace him like that. Quicksilver is so much more than just a guy who runs fast, and to have someone filling Pietro's shoes, but not having ANY of the backstory and emotional connection to Wanda is just stupid to me. If Marvel wants another shot with Quicksilver, he should be Pietro Maximoff. They already brought Loki and Gamora back from the dead using the same actors. They can do the same with Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
    I think Marvel Studios bringing back ATJ is highly unlikely. Agatha in Episode 8 clearly stated that "necromancy is out of the question". And Wanda stated in Episode 5 that she couldn't bring people back from the dead. So that's why they used Peters. But I agree with you, I think Fietro MUST be returned to his place of origin in the Multiverse of Madness. He's clearly not Wanda's brother and to make him that way would be weird. He doesn't belong in Wanda's universe. I think Feige knows that Marvel fans are upset that Quicksilver was dispatched so quickly, so he's trying to give a version of him some of the spotlight right now. It's basically a gesture of respect. I'm saying all this because I think he was kidnapped from another reality. I also don't think this matter will be settled in WandaVision (IF he is Fox's Quicksilver).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-27-2021 at 07:36 PM.

  15. #1950
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Most are dead or recovering themselves, lol.

    I think it's just a combination of bad timing and trauma. Wanda's been dead for 5 years, so she hasn't been able to process what happened, and she's in a world that's celebrating countless returns from the dead. In a world of happy returns, she's literally the only one to have still lost a loved one from the same event.
    Oh yeah, I agree with that. She has reason to be mad. But lots of people lost folks close to them in the Snap. I don't think that's a justification to "take over" a town like she apparently did. But I do feel she will somehow be exonerated in WandaVision's last episode (to a certain extent).

    spoilers:
    What I don't understand is that if Wanda totally created Vision from scratch, why would SWORD be tracking his corpse in the Hex? It makes no sense to me at all!

    https://screenrant.com/wandavision-w...cker-plothole/

    end of spoilers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •