Page 132 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Most of them survived the snap - Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye - they all survived and were alive for the next five years before snap was undone. But it seems like no one cared about Vision enough to retrieve and safeguard his body. After they went through Hydra taking over SHIELD and through Age of Ultron, it seems unreasonable that they would have so easily trusted yet another secret organization, and left body of the most sophisticated artificial being — that could be easily turned into weapon and become another Ultron — in their custody. Even if Captain Marvel trusted Marie Rambeau and vouched for the SWORD, it still doesn't make sense that Avengers would have left Vision's body to them just like that. They all trusted Nick Fury, but SHIELD was still full of traitors from Hydra. So just because Marie Rambeau is a good person, it doesn't mean that she has full control and can vouch for every single agent of SWORD.
    You act like SWORD stole his body. All indications are that they were given his body to disassemble.

And they weren't secret, we'd just never seen them before now

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It was underwhelming in the aspect that it didn't advance the plot for many characters. It also zigged when many wanted it to continue forward like the episode before it. Still I liked it and I think many will praise it even higher when the show is finished and all feeling of stress over the lenght of the show will be over. It also cemented on how great Wanda and Vision are. So the MCU will be poorer without them. I'm trying to remain optimistic that both of them and their relationship will be around after Wandavision ends.
    You're right. When I think about it, the episode was calm just before the storm to count the chickens (i.e. Wanda's traumas), and it was needed. To breathe before the big fight.

Just like Vision's body was disassembled this ep, in the same vein Agatha disassembled Wanda's life, and I think in the process Wanda remembered who she was and who she saw she will be in that yellow stone thingy. So Agatha unknowingly also assembled her in the end.

And can we confirm that this episode with it's revelation is the first MCU retcon? It's so comicbooky easter eggy I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, the Avengers seem to have pretty much abandoned Wanda and Vision to a large extent. But to be fair, each of them seem to have a lot on their plates and are pretty busy. I mean, what the hell is Doctor Strange doing right now in light of the situation in New Jersey? Doesn't seem to be a very diligent sorcerer at all!
    I kind of suspect Dottie's an agent of that group.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I kind of suspect Dottie's an agent of that group.
    Yeah, I used to think she might be a villain but at this point I’ve come to suspect that she, like Agatha, moved in when this huge burst of magic happened. That’s why she’s “heard things” about Wanda and Vision.

Watch me be wrong about both.

None of this really explains the “for the children” chant though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You act like SWORD stole his body. All indications are that they were given his body to disassemble.

And they weren't secret, we'd just never seen them before now
    But why was it given to them? If the plan was to disassemble his body, then Stark should have done it personally, or Banner; they accidently created Ultron, so they should be more prudent and responsible than allowing some unknown people get their hands on Vision's body. Captain America, Banner, Widow, Thor - they were all there in Wakanda, when Vision died. They should have brought his body back with them then they returned to USA, no matter how shocked by the snap's consequences they were. It is just a basic responsibility to don't leave body of your comrade on the battlefield.

Maybe they didn't think of him highly as a comrade to bring him back to the states.

Or maybe they brought him back to the States and SWORD had a nicely prepared fairytale how they will try to bring him back, basically lied to Avengers just to get the Vis so they can run experiments on him.

Anything is possible.

Stark pulled out of everything though. Banner, all of them except Cap and Nat moved on. Shield or Sword followed their own protocols. Maybe Avengers lost 'official' roles in post snap; systems collapsed, except the super secret agent stuff.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I really want Dottie to be more important like another Witch that sensed Wanda's Chaos Magic and came to see what's up, but since there's just one episode left i doubt it

Why Agatha said she's important or something in the episode 2 then Dottie says: i've heard things about you and your husband

Now in the episode 7 when Wanda arrives to Westview, Dottie ins't seen like all the other citizens, her husband did

Also Dottie is missing from the SWORD Board but More irrelevant characters like her husband and the other girl that has like one line is there

Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-28-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    None of this really explains the “for the children” chant though.
    Maybe that was just Wanda's biological clock wanting to have kids or something? (I originally thought it was some kind of "Rosemary's Baby" situation where Mephisto needed a vessel for Earth but that seems to be more and more unlikely.)

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    But why was it given to them? If the plan was to disassemble his body, then Stark should have done it personally, or Banner; they accidently created Ultron, so they should be more prudent and responsible than allowing some unknown people get their hands on Vision's body. Captain America, Banner, Widow, Thor - they were all there in Wakanda, when Vision died. They should have brought his body back with them then they returned to USA, no matter how shocked by the snap's consequences they were. It is just a basic responsibility to don't leave body of your comrade on the battlefield.
    Maybe the Avengers did take the body back, but someone like General Ross pulled rank and had it confiscated?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I really want Dottie to be more important like another Witch that sensed Wanda's Chaos Magic and came to see what's up, but since there's just one episode left i doubt it

Why Agatha said she's important or something in the episode 2 then Dottie says: i've heard things about you and your husband

Now in the episode 7 when Wanda arrives to Westview, Dottie ins't seen like all the other citizens, her husband did

Also Dottie is missing from the SWORD Board but More irrelevant characters like her husband and the other girl that has like one line is there
    Right. If Dottie was dude’s wife, why is she not up on the board? Her conversation with Wanda was very meta (not believing that Wanda’s not looking to cause any harm). And she bled red, like the drone was red. However, she seemed afraid when the voice in the radio startled them into reality, which makes her feel like a victim more than an observer.

People speculating that someone might be behind the twins in this scene like they edited it

They saying it could Fietro or Monica

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That is my expectation, but with Deadpool instead. He's the only one confirmed for the MCU so far, and the fourth-wall breaking nature of the character allows him to play more fast and loose with those type of rules.

But if Fietro really is Peter, I absolutely don't think he should just be treated as a replacement for the MCU Quicksilver, and he should be shipped off to wherever he came from once his purpose is done. Anything other than that would piss me off royally, specially because WandaVision has made pretty clear he is not Wanda's brother and he can't just replace him like that. Quicksilver is so much more than just a guy who runs fast, and to have someone filling Pietro's shoes, but not having ANY of the backstory and emotional connection to Wanda is just stupid to me. If Marvel wants another shot with Quicksilver, he should be Pietro Maximoff. They already brought Loki and Gamora back from the dead using the same actors. They can do the same with Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
    Oh I'm in agreement; if we're gonna have a Quicksilver I'd rather it be ATJ's version. But I don't think he's coming back and I can see a world where Marvel uses the Fox version instead in an attempt to have their "dead is dead" cake and eat it too.

If the multiverse is going to be a major focus for the MCU going forward, it'd make sense for them to have a character from another earth to kinda personify the idea. There's other options out there like America Chavez and Hyperion, but I can see Marvel using Fietro too. I'm not sure they *will* or anything, I'm just saying I could see it happening.

Deadpool, I expect to just do what the DP films have been doing; playing fast and loose with everything, making plenty of jokes about the X rights returning to Marvel, but mainly just existing in its own box with few direct ties to other movies. Deadpool isn't a character I expect to see cameo in a lot of Avengers films, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well we know Wanda's showing up in Dr. Strange 2, this will likely transition into this, so if they really want to dovetail things, she's Clea.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I'm not sure it'd make sense for Dottie to be Clea, since she hasn't even met Strange yet. Why would she be drawn to Wanda? And the casting call to find someone for that role was still up when this show started (not sure if it still is).
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not sure it'd make sense for Dottie to be Clea, since she hasn't even met Strange yet. Why would she be drawn to Wanda? And the casting call to find someone for that role was still up when this show started (not sure if it still is).
    I don't think she's Clea, but Agatha was drawn to the outburst. The show has laid the foundation for any other magic user to have felt it, too. I still think Mordo should've been curious given his feeling there are too many people using and abusing magic.