Page 137 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Why wouldn't you enjoy arguing things with me? I haven't changed your mind about anything. One-sided.
    I'm sure it will happen. Our discussion time is fairly new, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm sure it will happen. Our discussion time is fairly new, lol.
    Yeah, maybe someday. Probably not though. The only question I have about Wanda being in a dreamworld is how she could get pregnant. In episode three, Wanda asked their doctor how did that happen. And he responded: "You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much..." That's not a satisfactory answer to me. There's gotta be a plausible explanation for that.

Will they do the weird soul reincarnation thing with the twins?

Yeah, maybe someday. Probably not though. The only question I have about Wanda being in a dreamworld is how she could get pregnant. In episode three, Wanda asked their doctor how did that happen. And he responded: "You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much..." That's not a satisfactory answer to me. There's gotta be a plausible explanation for that.
    Agatha literally says: you're supossed to be a myth a being of spontaneous creation

Wanda could have made herself pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think...probably not? It's a weird and convoluted thing, I don't see the MCU wanting that kind of baggage. But Vision can't exist outside of the Hex, so I don't know why the kids would be any different and that might force the issue.

My guess is the kids survive, somehow, or are at least strongly hinted to have survived. Given their ability to age themselves up, it seems far easier and less confusing to get them out of the Hex than do the whole reincarnation thing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I hope that the twins are the twins and all that soul stuff will be ignored. That works when they're babies that no one cares about but now that they're real kids with charming personalities, I think it's too late for that nonsense. They should have hired less likable child actors if they wanted to deal with that.

Honestly it's so convoluted & frankly since they can age up whenever they please its unnecessary. The only reason I could see it possibly happening is so Billy can be Jewish & introduce the Kaplans, but I'd be lying if I said cared enough about those 2 things to watch 2 actors I enjoy die traumatic deaths. Tommy gets nothing out of the reincarnation plot except years of repressed unaddressed trauma and therapy so he's fine as he is. Billy fans who are less understanding have no choice but to suck it up or quit watching if those 2 things are deal-breakers *shrugs*

It's all magic. I think they are going with the first origin for the boys, before Byrne retconned it. And then adding on that they use their powers together to age themselves up. Which I find adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Agatha literally says: you're supossed to be a myth a being of spontaneous creation

Wanda could have made herself pregnant
    Wow. I forgot Agatha saying that. Makes sense. Thanks for the reminder.

It's all magic. I think they are going with the first origin for the boys, before Byrne retconned it. And then adding on that they use their powers together to age themselves up. Which I find adorable.
    I hope audience members are willing to accept such a weird origin story. It's miles better than reincarnation shenanigans though.

WandaVision Theory: Age of Ultron May Confirm [SPOILER]'s True Identity
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-white-vision-is-ultron/

I guess the only thing that's really "ruined" the show for me is something that most people have welcomed. And that's the recasting of Pietro Maximoff. When I saw those leaks of Peters in WandaVision, I just knew the show would get blown off track...And in some ways it has. I originally thought introducing the X-Men with the Fox characters was probably the last thing Feige actually wanted to do. But if "the last thing" you want to do is introduce the X-Men with the Fox characters, you don't get a literal Fox character to show up. I always said from the start that I did not want this show to have anything to do with mutants because it steals the spotlight from the main character of this show. Once you bring mutants into the equation, the next thing you know is a bunch of people hyped to see Magneto showing up and this show should never be about trying to guess when Magneto is going to show up. But it did become that for some people because of casting. It's not cute or funny, it is creating expectation on the fan base only to deflate it. I think it will be an awful way to introduce mutants and the multiverse (if that is the case), but he not being Fox Pietro is also a horrible way to play with the audience. My point being, this casting should not have happened, but now that it did, Marvel made its bed and it has to follow through.

And I'm NOT knocking Peters. I thought he has brought a lot of energy and dynamism to the show. And I like his acting a lot. He's great as a weird uncle in the Vision household. I think that he is the Fox Quicksilver, but it's about tampering with the multiverse, not necessarily introducing the X-Men. Agatha pulled him out of his universe and manipulated his mind. There will be consequences for playing with the multiverse in that way. But still, I found the decision baffling. And it definitely took away the focus of the show from Wanda and Vision in Episode 6. You had Billy giving some exposition about how there was tension between Wanda and Vision after their argument in Episode 5. Why the **** are you telling me about it? SHOW ME! It would have been so interesting AND funny to see the strain in their marriage WHILE at the same time showing the two of them raising their kids lovingly. Keep that family dynamic. And it would have made their eventual reconciliation much more impactful. I was not thrilled that DARCY of all people told Vision about what happened in Infinity War and Endgame, that's WANDA's job! And this happened largely because of that recasting decision. Evan Peters being a gag is a bad gag. Paul Bettany teasing that he is working with someone who he thinks is incredible and it ending up being himself is a funny gag. Quicksilver from the Fox movies playing Quicksilver from the MCU just to create media buzz is bad practice. It needs an answer or, again, it was just a bad joke. Now we have loads of YouTube videos discussing how Magneto and the mutants will possibly play a part in this show, and that frustrates me a LOT. This issue is not even about Quicksilver. I don't know if a lot of the people excited about this recasting decision actually care about the character like we do. They care more about his connections to Magneto and the mutants. So I'm deeply cynical about people wanting the X-Men to join the MCU right away actually having a fondness for Pietro himself. I'm sure Marvel is being cautious. Do they really want to "canonize" so much Fox mediocre material? It's one thing to have J.K. Simmons or Evan Peters show up in the MCU playing the same character they did in other franchises, or to keep Ryan Reynolds around to play Deadpool, but I would honestly be very surprised if the final episode of WandaVision ended with a bald James McAvoy showing up in a wheelchair. And yet, clearly, some folks here won't be happy unless he does...Because of that recasting decision. And I do believe this recasting decision will bleed into Doctor Strange's upcoming movie AS WELL. And that will take precious screen time away from HIS story. So I think this decision damages Wanda, Vision, Billy, Tommy and Doctor Strange for reasons I still don't understand. For WandaVision, ANYTHING that takes the focus away from Wanda dealing with her grief is not to be welcomed.

I've read many comments online saying that Vision's words of encouragement to Wanda (“What is grief, if not love persevering?") having a very positive affect on them. People going through tough times saying it "absolutely is a gorgeous sentiment in giving a positive context to what is often looked at as a negative thing. And there's a simplistic truth to it. People do not grieve, not truly, things that they do not love." This show should be about **** like that. Not mutants.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-28-2021 at 07:27 PM.

I guess the only thing that's really "ruined" the show for me is something that most people have welcomed. And that's the recasting of Pietro Maximoff. When I saw those leaks of Peters in WandaVision, I just knew the show would get blown off track...And in some ways it has. I originally thought introducing the X-Men with the Fox characters was probably the last thing Feige actually wanted to do. But if "the last thing" you want to do is introduce the X-Men with the Fox characters, you don't get a literal Fox character to show up. I always said from the start that I did not want this show to have anything to do with mutants because it steals the spotlight from the main character of this show. Once you bring mutants into the equation, the next thing you know is a bunch of people hyped to see Magneto showing up and this show should never be about trying to guess when Magneto is going to show up. But it did become that for some people because of casting. It's not cute or funny, it is creating expectation on the fan base only to deflate it. I think it will be an awful way to introduce mutants and the multiverse (if that is the case), but he not being Fox Pietro is also a horrible way to play with the audience. My point being, this casting should not have happened, but now that it did, Marvel made its bed and it has to follow through.

And I'm NOT knocking Peters. I thought he has brought a lot of energy and dynamism to the show. And I like his acting a lot. He's great as a weird uncle in the Vision household. I think that he is the Fox Quicksilver, but it's about tampering with the multiverse, not necessarily introducing the X-Men. Agatha pulled him out of his universe and manipulated his mind. There will be consequences for playing with the multiverse in that way. But still, I found the decision baffling. And it definitely took away the focus of the show from Wanda and Vision in Episode 6. You had Billy giving some exposition about how there was tension between Wanda and Vision after their argument in Episode 5. Why the **** are you telling me about it? SHOW ME! It would have been so interesting AND funny to see the strain in their marriage WHILE at the same time showing the two of them raising their kids lovingly. Keep that family dynamic. And it would have made their eventual reconciliation much more impactful. I was not thrilled that DARCY of all people told Vision about what happened in Infinity War and Endgame, that's WANDA's job! And this happened largely because of that recasting decision. Evan Peters being a gag is a bad gag. Paul Bettany teasing that he is working with someone who he thinks is incredible and it ending up being himself is a funny gag. Quicksilver from the Fox movies playing Quicksilver from the MCU just to create media buzz is bad practice. It needs an answer or, again, it was just a bad joke. Now we have loads of YouTube videos discussing how Magneto and the mutants will possibly play a part in this show, and that frustrates me a LOT. This issue is not even about Quicksilver. I don't know if a lot of the people excited about this recasting decision actually care about the character like we do. They care more about his connections to Magneto and the mutants. So I'm deeply cynical about people wanting the X-Men to join the MCU right away actually having a fondness for Pietro himself. I'm sure Marvel is being cautious. Do they really want to "canonize" so much Fox mediocre material? It's one thing to have J.K. Simmons or Evan Peters show up in the MCU playing the same character they did in other franchises, or to keep Ryan Reynolds around to play Deadpool, but I would honestly be very surprised if the final episode of WandaVision ended with a bald James McAvoy showing up in a wheelchair. And yet, clearly, some folks here won't be happy unless he does...Because of that recasting decision. And I do believe this recasting decision will bleed into Doctor Strange's upcoming movie AS WELL. And that will take precious screen time away from HIS story. So I think this decision damages Wanda, Vision, Billy, Tommy and Doctor Strange for reasons I still don't understand. For WandaVision, ANYTHING that takes the focus away from Wanda dealing with her grief is not to be welcomed.
    I don't consider that yet a recasting of Pietro, but really a fake out. Until they confirm otherwise. I'm also figuring that if it is, at least there's a version of him somewhere and that he's actually fast. I'm still bitter about how the MCU version was killed off. It makes me hate AoU so much. I knew the show would have a bunch of twists and all, being that it was obvious that the beginning parts at least were not real.

Sadly, Pietro especially in recent years has been treated like an after-thought. It's quite annoying.

I don't know if he was plucked from that universe or Agatha meant that she found a version and had someone pretend to be him.

I think even if Evan Peters wasn't the one cast in the role, people would still be asking for Magneto and mutants. Heck, I still see people asking for Spider-man to be the big reveal character. People just want their faves in everything and want them now and dream big in their theories about the show and movies. There were people that rumored and theorized that Silver Surfer and the X-Men would make it into a teaser at the end of Endgame. Silver Surfer happened to be a character Marvel was trying to get for it, but couldn't land. And they had just gotten back the Fox properties when this movie was gonna be released. So there was likely no chance. Feige even saying that mutants aren't soon in 2019 and 2020 hasn't stopped fans from dreaming. It's just what they consider big and exciting for them. To where for us, big and exciting is Wanda being handled well that gives her a future.

I think everything will work out. The MCU is always planned so far ahead and WandaVision has been so good so far and challenging how superhero stories are told. Creating a unique format. I'm hopeful that it'll end well enough and she'll have an exciting venture in Strange 2.

I don't think Pietro (Peter/Fietro?) will have much to do with Strange 2, maybe not at all. I think that movie will be still a movie about Strange, his support cast and enemies, and should be that way. Wanda is maybe there to help or to learn more about magic. Maybe both. We'll see. Marvel has only confirmed Wanda is in the movie. Not everyone in her show.

I hope audience members are willing to accept such a weird origin story. It's miles better than reincarnation shenanigans though.
    I think they already have pretty much. The boys have been received pretty well, and people seem very excited to see an official announcement on Young Avengers being made after everything links up.

I don't consider that yet a recasting of Pietro, but really a fake out. Until they confirm otherwise. I'm also figuring that if it is, at least there's a version of him somewhere and that he's actually fast. I'm still bitter about how the MCU version was killed off. It makes me hate AoU so much. I knew the show would have a bunch of twists and all, being that it was obvious that the beginning parts at least were not real.

Sadly, Pietro especially in recent years has been treated like an after-thought. It's quite annoying.

I don't know if he was plucked from that universe or Agatha meant that she found a version and had someone pretend to be him.

I think even if Evan Peters wasn't the one cast in the role, people would still be asking for Magneto and mutants. Heck, I still see people asking for Spider-man to be the big reveal character. People just want their faves in everything and want them now and dream big in their theories about the show and movies. There were people that rumored and theorized that Silver Surfer and the X-Men would make it into a teaser at the end of Endgame. Silver Surfer happened to be a character Marvel was trying to get for it, but couldn't land. And they had just gotten back the Fox properties when this movie was gonna be released. So there was likely no chance. Feige even saying that mutants aren't soon in 2019 and 2020 hasn't stopped fans from dreaming. It's just what they consider big and exciting for them. To where for us, big and exciting is Wanda being handled well that gives her a future.

I think everything will work out. The MCU is always planned so far ahead and WandaVision has been so good so far and challenging how superhero stories are told. Creating a unique format. I'm hopeful that it'll end well enough and she'll have an exciting venture in Strange 2.

I don't think Pietro (Peter/Fietro?) will have much to do with Strange 2, maybe not at all. I think that movie will be still a movie about Strange, his support cast and enemies, and should be that way. Wanda is maybe there to help or to learn more about magic. Maybe both. We'll see. Marvel has only confirmed Wanda is in the movie. Not everyone in her show.
    We'll have to see. I wouldn't mind Pietro showing up in WandaVision, if he was actually Pietro. But he's Fietro. And that just feels weird to me. I personally think he'll be in Doctor Strange 2 if he is the Fox version. Where else is he gonna go? Spider-Man 3? If he is involved in multiverse shenanigans, then it would totally make sense that he would be in the Multiverse of Madness. I think if ATJ showed up in this show, anticipation for Magneto and the mutants would be far less. He has no connection to them. I feel the show brought unneeded focus on mutants (amongst fans) when it already was doing fine before then. And it will be ANOTHER thing that will have to be explained in next week's episode. WandaVision had a golden opportunity to bring ATJ back for a flashback on Friday, and they blew it. I think WandaVision is definitely making audiences look at Wanda and Vision in an entirely new way. And it's not because they're quipping and bashing in the faces of their enemies. It's been a remarkably "quiet" show thus far. I mean, I don't recall any fighting having taken place yet. And we're almost done.