Page 149 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Yeah expanding on Hawkeye's character and showing he has life outside of shooting arrows was definitely damaging.
    Look, Barton has spent over ninety percent of his screen time on his fucking FARM! I find that extremely boring. Even Renner hated how his character was "mind-controlled" for most of the first Avengers movie. His family was tacked on in Week of Ultron, and him meeting them just totally disrupted the flow of that movie. Natasha and Clint discussing home renovations all while in the middle of a warzone during that film does NOT build up the latter's character either. I think Hawkeye and his fans deserve WAY better than the treatment he's getting. Hopefully, Clint's series does the trick.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-04-2021 at 09:50 AM.

A couple of very interesting online articles discussing how WandaVision is changing how we view entertainment in the 21st century:

https://www.vox.com/culture/22308325...l-wanda-vision

https://www.theringer.com/marvel-cin...urvey-theories

As I told Journey and Wiccan previously, I am absolutely fascinated with the discussion SURROUNDING WandaVision. It's just as interesting to me as the discussion ABOUT it. Very polarizing and divisive debates. I think it stems largely from what kind of story WandaVision is trying to tell, how it's being told, and especially WHO is telling it. And as I mentioned to Mik previously, a lot of critics DON'T consider superhero shows/movies as "prestige dramas" and resent the implication that they could be. I'm happy to mention that the Sopranos and the Wire were described as prestige dramas. I don't wanna brag, but I mentioned this just yesterday. Breaking Bad and Mad Men also fall into that category.

I'm also VERY happy that Director Matt Shakman spoke about WandaVision recently. Him telling people to calm their **** because half of them have already decided the finale is going to suck if it doesn't match their shitty fan fiction is extremely gratifying to me. Personally, some CGI brawl with pew pew lasers serving as the climax seems a bit lame to me. I'm hoping it won't be as predictable as I'm fearing it will be. But my expectations have been subverted so many times before regarding this show that I remain hopeful.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-04-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Look, Barton has spent over ninety percent of his screen time on his fucking FARM! I find that extremely boring. Even Renner hated how his character was "mind-controlled" for most of the first Avengers movie. His family was tacked on in Week of Ultron, and him meeting them just totally disrupted the flow of that movie. I think Hawkeye and his fans deserve WAY better than the treatment he's getting. Hopefully, Clint's series does the trick.
    616 Clint doesn't even have a family, right?

Ultimate Member

A couple of very interesting online articles discussing how WandaVision is changing how we view entertainment in the 21st century:

As I told Journey and Wiccan previously, I am absolutely fascinated with the discussion SURROUNDING WandaVision. It's just as interesting to me as the discussion ABOUT it. Very polarizing and divisive debates. I think it stems largely from what kind of story WandaVision is trying to tell, how it's being told, and especially WHO is telling it. And as I mentioned to Mik previously, a lot of critics DON'T consider superhero shows/movies as "prestige dramas" and resent the implication that they could be. I'm happy to mention that the Sopranos and the Wire were described as prestige dramas. I don't wanna brag, but I mentioned this just yesterday. Breaking Bad and Mad Men also fall into that category.

I'm also VERY happy that Director Matt Shakman spoke about WandaVision recently. Him telling people to calm their **** because half of them have already decided the finale is going to suck if it doesn't match their shitty fan fiction is extremely gratifying to me. Personally, some CGI brawl with pew pew lasers serving as the climax seems a bit lame to me. I'm hoping it won't be as predictable as I'm fearing it will be. But my expectations have been subverted so many times before regarding this show that I remain hopeful.
    Honestly, most of the show has been very calm, so I would like to see a big battle scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    616 Clint doesn't even have a family, right?
    Not that I'm aware of.

Honestly, most of the show has been very calm, so I would like to see a big battle scene.
    I would love a big battle scene too. But not a prolonged one like in that Man of Steel movie. That wouldn't fit with the tone of the series.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-04-2021 at 09:51 AM.

All-New Member

I'm also VERY happy that Director Matt Shakman spoke about WandaVision recently. Him telling people to calm their **** because half of them have already decided the finale is going to suck if it doesn't match their shitty fan fiction is extremely gratifying to me.
    But we need to know who Dottie is! She can't be just a random neighbour. I mean, come on, she's played by an actress who was very popular for 15 minutes among a handful of Buffy-fans 20 years ago. She has to be a reference to something huge, she can't be just "some" character played by "some" actress.

BANNED

That's my problem. They introduce something out of nowhere instead of showing more about him in the previous. Missteps already occurred but I don't feel this really corrected that.
    By this point you're telling me it's bad because it wasn't already introduced, there's no reason he shouldn't have been allowed to have his character expanded like this
    Look, Barton has spent over ninety percent of his screen time on his fucking FARM! I find that extremely boring. Even Renner hated how his character was "mind-controlled" for most of the first Avengers movie. His family was tacked on in Week of Ultron, and him meeting them just totally disrupted the flow of that movie. Natasha and Clint discussing home renovations all while in the middle of a warzone during that film does NOT build up the latter's character either. I think Hawkeye and his fans deserve WAY better than the treatment he's getting. Hopefully, Clint's series does the trick.
    All you've told me is you don't like it which means very little to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikix View Post
    But we need to know who Dottie is! She can't be just a random neighbour. I mean, come on, she's played by an actress who was very popular for 15 minutes among a handful of Buffy-fans 20 years ago. She has to be a reference to something huge, she can't be just "some" character played by "some" actress.
    Maybe she is actually Woo's missing person.
    I know that Woo has implied that person in question is a male because of the pronoun use but Monica ALSO implied via pronoun about her aerospace engineer and the person in question proved female so maybe its just casual word choice throwing off the audience?

I didn't have a problem with Hawkeye's family being suddenly in the picture. They are following his Ultimates version at that point. He's a SHIELD agent, so he's not gonna discuss his family really beforehand. It was to set up him being Ronan.

The thing that did bother me was his wife still had cell service after a five year blip, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    By this point you're telling me it's bad because it wasn't already introduced, there's no reason he shouldn't have been allowed to have his character expanded like this
    I understand you've liked his development. That's fair.

I just feel his character evolution overall could have been smoother and more incremental.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Maybe she is actually Woo's missing person.
    I know that Woo has implied that person in question is a male because of the pronoun use but Monica ALSO implied via pronoun about her aerospace engineer and the person in question proved female so maybe its just casual word choice throwing off the audience?
    Possible, but why wouldn't he have said that when identifying everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I didn't have a problem with Hawkeye's family being suddenly in the picture. They are following his Ultimates version at that point. He's a SHIELD agent, so he's not gonna discuss his family really beforehand. It was to set up him being Ronan.
    I guess so. I just thought they slowed the pace of the movie, and frankly he's already a boring character to me, so I'd have preferred more scenes elaborating on SW, QS or Vision, for example
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 03-04-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

The thing that did bother me was his wife still had cell service after a five year blip, lol.
    Well, that just blipped me. hahaha #DEAD

I haven't seen too many polarizing or divisive debates about this show.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

What do you want to see from tomorrow's episode? I want to see the Agatha vs Wanda fight. I live for the dramatic magic gestures Kathryn Hahn does

https://twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/s...636842496?s=20

Paul Bettany confirms the major #WandaVision cameo he was hinting at was himself: “They were guessing people like Benedict Cumberbatch, Patrick Stewart, I was thinking, 'They’re gonna be so disappointed when they find out it's me.’”