Page 158 of 283 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

BANNED

that was fun that was cute!

That finale was so dope. There's nothing more fulfilling than when a show sticks the landing.

Marvel took EVERYTHING FROM ME!!

Ngl, I felt that was a bit rushed. After the gut punch that was the previous episode, this one felt kinda just ok? Like there's nothing I DIDN'T like about it (well, I guess Pietro being Ralph), but there was nothing that really wowed me, really. I loved seeing her new costume, and them putting the kids to sleep and then saying goodbye was good, as well as the hook for them coming back in DS2. But it's just kinda, well, ok. More than wishing something else had happened (mutants, Mephisto, Doctor Strange), I just wish that what we saw had more of an impact?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The one non spoilery thing I will talk about is I am impressed they pulled off a comic accurate style suit that doesn't look silly.
    Twice over. Ms. Olsen looks really good in the classic 70's costume.

This episode gave me Titanic vibes in the worst way possible!!

And also for those who had high expectations this show was gonna introduce forces on a greater scale I feel you really need to remember the point of this show is for Wanda to confront her grief and grow as a character, & then set up motivation for appearing in MoM that's it and frankly it did all that very well.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-05-2021 at 03:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The costume looks like everyone else's in the MCU. I get it's the same universe, but it looks like they went to the same designer.
    spoilers:
    She's a mythical witch. They could have gone more in the direction of Doctor Strange and less Vision. It's not terrible though.
    end of spoilers
    It was a good origin story for Wanda since she never had a solo film, so extending her story into a series was fun. I knew they wouldn't reveal more since we still have to see Shang Chi and The Eternals, which will probably have after credit scenes that fit into everything else. Monica's after credit was great. I thought we'd see her use her powers a bit more, but they're saving it for Captain Marvel 2.

a good closing to the story of Wanda and The Vision and she finally became the Scarlet Witch!!

I will always be grateful to the MCU for giving two side characters their own series to shine

spoilers:
    to the people who didn't understand the Wanda post credits scene, I think Wanda was using astral projection to study the Darkhold and then she heard Billy and tommy asking for help, i think she did create them and now their souls are in the multiverse or something, that's how it connects with Dr Strange MoM in my opinion
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-05-2021 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    a good closing to the story of Wanda and The Vision and she finally became the Scarlet Witch!!

I will always be grateful to the MCU for giving two side characters their own series to shine

spoilers:
    to the people who didn't understand the Wanda post credits scene, I think Wanda was using astral projection to study the Darkhold and then she heard Billy and tommy asking for help, i think she did create them and now their souls are in the multiverse or something, that's how it connects with Dr Strange MoM in my opinion
    end of spoilers
    Thanks Cruelrain!
    Your explanation sound plausible and I wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen.

I was pretty satisfied with the ending. Loved the actions sequences and Wanda's costume, as well as the character moments at the end. I imagine those who are disappointed were expecting Avengers-level ramifications on the MCU as a whole. I think the show works best as a self-contained story about Wanda processing her grief and becoming the Scarlet Witch; and on that level, I thought it was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I was pretty satisfied with the ending. Loved the actions sequences and Wanda's costume, as well as the character moments at the end. I imagine those who are disappointed were expecting Avengers-level ramifications on the MCU as a whole. I think the show works best as a self-contained story about Wanda processing her grief and becoming the Scarlet Witch; and on that level, I thought it was perfect.
    The people who are disappointed forgot they're watching a mini series of two side Avengers and that the principal plot was Wanda becoming the Scarlet Witch

i understand that some people expected more from Fietro tho, but this just confirms that feige will change and re-cast everything except for deadpool for his X-Men

I liked the episode but loved Wanda's new costume. That costume alone deserves a standing ovation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    That finale was so dope. There's nothing more fulfilling than when a show sticks the landing.
    Dope and emotionally draining (but not in a bad way! I did have a question thought spoilers:
    did anyone else find Paul Bettany was mumbling? No matter how loud I had it I couldn't hear clearly what he was saying to the S.W.O.RD body which Heyward created. I got the gist but I couldn't hear much
    end of spoilers

I have to say the costume was superb too and I did spoilers:
    appreciate the confirmation that the book Agatha had was the Darkhold
    end of spoilersi was pretty sure but had seen some doubt in online speculation

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    ...I imagine those who are disappointed were expecting Avengers-level ramifications on the MCU as a whole. I think the show works best as a self-contained story about Wanda processing her grief and becoming the Scarlet Witch...
    It was a solo origin movie made into a series. This isn't Infinity War or Civil War. I think the 2 last episodes were better because they revealed a lot and were building up to, what many thought, something big. I think that's why some people didn't realize that this isn't an Avengers movie, but an Ant-Man movie with a character who has more ties to other things in the MU and the MCU. I think that's why some people were disappointed. They were expecting an speculating too much for no reason except for the fact that they wanted it to be more.

Mighty Member

Honestly, I felt kind of underwhelmed by the last two episodes.
    Last week could have been cut out, it was essentially an information dump in a Universe that's been going strong since 2008. I felt like it was all stuff we knew before.
    The finale was fine. I liked it enough, 6/10. However I have some negatives to say about it.

spoilers:
    Firstly, Quicksilver just being some guy named Bohner was kinda funny, but it felt too much like a superficial red herring.
    "Oh we got the actor from the Fox universe and we're teasing the multiverse? Well, this was nothing. Don't worry guys, come back next time".
    It was very deliberate, there was a magnitude of different things and directions where this could have gone, but this to me felt the most spiteful and was essentially just YouTube bait.
    White Vision was a massive missed opportunity. Last week we were being geared up for this big confrontation between the two Visions, and then it gets resolved after about 10 minutes.
    I never got why Vision's death would be such a big thing, he is literally a computer, just uploaded him to a hard drive until you fix his body. Here it makes even less sense, we have this long emotional farewell to him when we know there's another Vision running about.
    The Sword guy being this semi big bad was way too forced and came out of nowhere. Who even was this guy? I think he was in earlier episodes but he had such little presence that I forget about him as soon as he off screen.
    The fight between Wanda and Agatha lasted way too long. It took up way too much space and honestly, it felt like a dragon ball Z fight (this isn't a negative by the way, I like DBZ).

For me at least, it felt way too rushed and the answers didn't satisfy me enough. I get this is all down to personal opinion and I'm glad others have enjoyed it.
    I enjoyed it myself, I just wish it didn't fall into the same tropes as every other MCU project.

For some positives, the acting and visuals were good. I'm glad we finally have Wanda find her place in the greater MCU and be given a late origin story. I like the Character of Monica, and while I felt she was underused in this episode, she was a joy to see on screen.
    Also we got the Ross from Friends lookalike make a short extra. That deserves an entire point by itself.
    The costume, while revealed in the cheesiest way, actually looks good.

end of spoilers
    So it was a mixed bag for me.
    Last edited by FFJamie94; 03-05-2021 at 05:27 AM.