Page 159 of 279 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 4184

Thread: Wandavision

  1. #2371
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    I love how they absolutely did not sidestep spoilers:
    the awful things Wanda did to the people of Westview. It would have been so easy to just make it all Agatha the whole time
    end of spoilers

    I'm also 90% sure spoilers:
    the final shot is actually from Multiverse of Madness. The vibe/look is different than the rest of the show
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 03-05-2021 at 04:59 AM.

  2. #2372
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    spoilers:
    "Thank you for choosing me to be your mom"

    That was an interesting turn of phrase. If she created them, how did they choose her? Has she plucked them out from somewhere else? Could the MCU decide to streamline the twins origins as simply lost souls from the multiverse she somehow reached out to? No random Mephisto fragments, no random soul possession of existing children?

    I dont know that the thread will be picked up in Dr Strange 2, as I can imagine someone at Disney is screaming for a WandaVision S02 now, but we shall see
    end of spoilers
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  3. #2373
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,713

    Default

    Well this was hugely disappointing.

    The mystery and theory-guessing ended up being more entertaining than the actual show. Once it dropped the fun premise and became "normal," it became exposition dumps and well... kinda boring. And wildly... it was very predictable. No huge twists other than the one and that wasn't that twisty. My wife did better guessing about the show because she had no comic knowledge to get crazy with it haha

    Now, if I was a fan of SW and her mythos then maybe I would have gotten more out of it. She isn't one of my favorites and I find Vision to be incredibly boring AF. So wants it got down to "super hero stuff"... not exactly rolling out with my favorite peeps.

    Just really feel like the last two episodes dropped the ball.

    And man

    spoilers:
    Wanda tortured a whole town and her penalty was... a new outfit and power upgrade? yikes. she keeps bungling this super hero thing lol
    end of spoilers

    oh and Im glad

    spoilers:
    that isn't fox quicksilver bc fox quicksilver is too OP to be used by competent director. Speedsters that fast break things unless you have them magiclaly disappear every big confrontation. plus I don't want the FoXmen in the MCU, start over.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-05-2021 at 05:27 AM.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  4. #2374
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well this was hugely disappointing.

    The mystery and theory-guessing ended up being more entertaining than the actual show. Once it dropped the fun premise and became "normal," it became exposition dumps and well... kinda boring. And wildly... it was very predictable. No huge twists other than the one and that wasn't that twisty. My wife did better guessing about the show because she had no comic knowledge to get crazy with it haha

    Now, if I was a fan of SW and her mythos then maybe I would have gotten more out of it. She isn't one of my favorites and I find Vision to be incredibly boring AF. So wants it got down to "super hero stuff"... not exactly rolling out with my favorite peeps.

    Just really feel like the last two episodes dropped the ball.

    And man

    spoilers:
    Wanda tortured a whole town and her penalty was... a new outfit and power upgrade? yikes. she keeps bungling this super hero thing lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah the lack of any consequence rubbed me the wrong way. This could have been a great 9 part series about how trauma effects the People of the MCU, especially someone such as Wanda who has the power to alter reality.
    The comics really handed this much better and HOM is still something which is felt today. I really hope they follow up in this because how it was left felt very... Concerning
    end of spoilers

  5. #2375
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    It's not like she's just strolling around, she's spoilers:
    self exiles to a mountain somewhere living by herself
    end of spoilers

  6. #2376
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,850

    Default

    The finale was definitely very simple and predictable, which doesn't mean bad. The show fulfilled everything it set out to do. I won't say it was a flawless execution, but I do think it was a satisfying undertaking for Marvel Studios' very first television project. It definitely made me feel like things are looking up to the MCU. Can't wait to see what's next for the Maximoff family!

    Spoilery opinions:

    spoilers:
    I GASPED WHEN THEY NAMEDROPPED THE DARKHOLD!!!! AND WANDA GOT TO KEEP THE BOOK????? THE POTENTIAL, Y'ALL. Can't wait to see what Sam Raimi does with it.

    Also, that mention about how the Scarlet Witch is more powerful than the Sorcerer Supreme? Sorry, Stephen, but Wanda came to SERVE!

    Speaking of Stephen, I'm bothered that he didn't show up at all like everyone was expecting. Not so much because I wanted a cameo soo bad, but mostly because it's weird that Agatha sensed all that magical power but Stephen didn't, or if he did, he didn't bother to even go check out what it was. And yeah, yeah, I know: suspension of disbelief, the Avengers weren't there either and all that. But the difference is that we KNEW WandaVision was supposed to lead directly to DSITMOM, so it would've been nice if we knew what Stephen thought of all of that. I kinda hope they give us a quick explanation as to why he didn't help Wanda in the movie, but I'm not expecting anything.

    The Wanda vs Agatha battle was pretty nice. I was legitimately shocked when it seemed like Wanda was about to sacrifice her powers (and herself), but that twist was just amazing. I LOVED how smart she was with the rune thing to trick Agatha. If that's the kind of stuff she can do as a total inexperienced witch, just imagine what she'll be able to do once she actually gets a hang of her abilities! And her transformation into the Scarlet Witch was just GORGEOUS. The costume could use a little bit more red, but I'm pretty satisfied overall. She looks very good.

    I was scared for a moment there thinking they were gonna kill Agatha, but I'm glad they didn't. I think her punishment was fair enough, but I'm a tad confused by it, though.... 'cause Wanda put the spell on her so she would be go back to her Westview persona.... but then the Westview Hex was undone.... so what exactly happened to Agatha? Is she just wandering around the real Westview as Agnes when everything else is normal? LOL. I liked the hint that Wanda would see her again, though. It gives me hope we'll still see more of the Wanda/Agatha dynamic from the comics, even if they probably wouldn't be such close friends in this universe due to Agatha being, you know, a massive crazy bitch.

    Vision vs White Vision wasn't all that, physically speaking, but they more than made up for it with how it was resolved. I really loved how Viz ''defeated'' his counterpart by using logic and intellectual debate. It was definitely a very Vision thing to do, and I'm glad White Vision didn't turn out to be just some generic, disposable villain. It's interesting that he kept the memories of the old Vision, however, I did not get the impression he was the same character (specially since the point of the episode was that Wanda had to say goodbye to ''her'' Vision). I feel like he's going to be just like the White Vision from the comics: a guy with all of that data of the old Vision, but none of the emotions/personality, and I'm ok with that. I think it'll be interesting to see this new take on Vision for a while. It would be anti-climatic if everything went back to normal right after the show.

    I wish we had gotten to see more of Billy and Tommy using their powers, but what we saw was cute. I loved Tommy being his usual prankster self. I loved how Billy's powers are kind of faint and delicate, clearly an indication of his young age. Also, couldn't help but laugh at Wanda telling her kids to ''take care of the military''. MAAM, THEY'RE 10 YEAR OLDS AND YOU'RE TELLING THEM TO GO AFTER THE GROWN MEN WITH GUNS? LMAO. We stan one irresponsible mom!

    I definitely expected bigger feats for Monica, too. But I think the episode put her in a good place in the end. That Skrull reveal! I knew it was coming!! Although I think it would've been so much better if it was the engineer person, 'cause then it would feel like that particular reveal paid off in some way. But whatever. They got their point across. Monica is going cosmic, baby!

    That Fietro/Ralph reveal.......... LMAO. I guess they killed two birds with one stone, and killed a lot of fans' excitement with that one, since the identity of both Fietro and Ralph were much anticipated. It doesn't make that much difference to me, as the show was never about him anyway. And I was already expecting him to not be FOX-Men Quicksilver, but if he was gonna be someone else... they really could've picked a better character. He had a headshot in his room with his name, suggesting he was probably an actor (which explains why Agatha chose him to fool Wanda). If that was the case, it was a huge missed opportunity to make him Simon Williams, like I speculated a while back. It wouldn't have changed the show much, but at least it would've given Evan the potential to stick around in the MCU in a larger role. As it stands... I don't expect to ever see him again. Unless they say Ralph Bohner was just his Westview fake name and he actually has another one? But I won't hold my breath waiting for that.

    Hayward was so freaking lame... I couldn't help but roll my eyes when he was telling Jimmy his wicked plan. Like.... it really felt like a generic, Scooby Doo villain, LOL. But whatever. He was never the most interesting part of the show anyway. He can rot in jail.

    That scene of Wanda saying goodbye to the twins and Vision.... bitch, I was really holding myself together... but when Vision cried, I cried. I did not expect this homage to his ''even an android can cry'' moment in the comics to hit me this hard. In this house, we ship ScarletVision and we will DIE on this hill. Best MCU couple. And I know it won't happen right away, but they deserve their happy ending.

    That final scene was really great. Seeing Wanda studying the Darkhold while in her astral form.... I'm so excited for her journey as a full fledged witch! And that cliffhanger... yeah, pretty much what I expected. Billy and Tommy live!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-05-2021 at 05:48 AM.

  7. #2377
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's not like she's just strolling around, she's spoilers:
    self exiles to a mountain somewhere living by herself
    end of spoilers
    It's more the way the show frames it.
    spoilers:
    She has to make the sacrifice between her or her kids, she manipulated Agatha again and no one stops her.
    Like yeah, giving up your children is going to be extremely traumatic, but they made it look like a heroic sacrifice.
    I knew from the moment Agatha was revealed to be the big bad that things were going to fall apart. In many regards, she should have been the protagonist, trying to stop Wanda from the inside and helping the Town. Instead she was the big bad because she wanted Wanda's power as she felt more deserving... I think?
    The whole thing threw away what Wanda had done and only brought it up again at the end when it was convenient.
    end of spoilers

  8. #2378
    Mighty Member nightw1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    spoilers:
    For those wondering why Doctor Strange didn't show up, there's a logical explanation. With the Sorcerer Supreme missing for 5 years, I imagine lots of mystical/extra-dimensional threats grew; and he's now out there taking care of them. WandaVision happens just a few weeks after Avengers: Endgame, so it's possible Doctor Strange wasn't even around to sense what Wanda did.
    end of spoilers

  9. #2379
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    spoilers:
    I have a sinking feeling that the Sorcerer Supreme is the one in trouble and Wanda has to go rescue *him* and this series is meant to set up her character development and power level.
    end of spoilers

    Are any of the writers/crew from this show involved in DS 2?

  10. #2380
    Dark Dimension Clea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well this was hugely disappointing.

    The mystery and theory-guessing ended up being more entertaining than the actual show. Once it dropped the fun premise and became "normal," it became exposition dumps and well... kinda boring. And wildly... it was very predictable. No huge twists other than the one and that wasn't that twisty. My wife did better guessing about the show because she had no comic knowledge to get crazy with it haha

    Now, if I was a fan of SW and her mythos then maybe I would have gotten more out of it. She isn't one of my favorites and I find Vision to be incredibly boring AF. So wants it got down to "super hero stuff"... not exactly rolling out with my favorite peeps.

    Just really feel like the last two episodes dropped the ball.

    And man

    spoilers:
    Wanda tortured a whole town and her penalty was... a new outfit and power upgrade? yikes. she keeps bungling this super hero thing lol
    end of spoilers

    oh and Im glad

    spoilers:
    that isn't fox quicksilver bc fox quicksilver is too OP to be used by competent director. Speedsters that fast break things unless you have them magiclaly disappear every big confrontation. plus I don't want the FoXmen in the MCU, start over.
    end of spoilers
    I am also disappointed in the sense that the tone of the story changed in the finale. The series was an intimate exploration of Wanda coming to grips with her grief and loss. The finale was just another typical Marvel movie sort of breezy wrap-up. I suppose it was inevitable. I didn't dislike the finale, but I can't genuinely say that I liked it, either.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

  11. #2381
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    It's more the way the show frames it.
    spoilers:
    She has to make the sacrifice between her or her kids, she manipulated Agatha again and no one stops her.
    Like yeah, giving up your children is going to be extremely traumatic, but they made it look like a heroic sacrifice.
    I knew from the moment Agatha was revealed to be the big bad that things were going to fall apart. In many regards, she should have been the protagonist, trying to stop Wanda from the inside and helping the Town. Instead she was the big bad because she wanted Wanda's power as she felt more deserving... I think?
    The whole thing threw away what Wanda had done and only brought it up again at the end when it was convenient.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    is giving up your kids really a sacrifice when you magically created them yourself anyway? All her post thanos losses were things she created herself.

    Agatha was the "bad guy" but Wanda was too. She didn't try to fix any of the stuff she broke she just... left. To gather more power. To fix things again... this time with more power. The only "good" she did was accidently expose SWORD dude, who went from "def evil but just typical govt evil" to "try and shoot kids becuase VILLAIN" really freaking fast.
    end of spoilers

    and speaking of SWORD dude

    spoilers:
    talk about no nuance at all. Dude went straight super villain trying ot gun down kids for "reasons" really freaking fast.
    end of spoilers

    I think id feel better about this show if it came out when it intended along with DS2 coming out as intended but this end just felt like more set up rather than conclusion.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #2382
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    I will say if Wanda is revealed to be a mutant (though that seems increasingly very unlikely) every citizen of Westview will have a pretty slam dunk argument for mutants being dangerous when their powers go out of control.

  13. #2383
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Kind of disappointed by 2 things....
    spoilers:

    1. No big cameo...that post credits would have been a great way for Dr Strange to show up.
    2. Monica really didn't get to show off her powers...I get it is the WandaVision show...but still...get some flying and some zappy-zappy.
    end of spoilers

  14. #2384
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:
    is giving up your kids really a sacrifice when you magically created them yourself anyway? All her post thanos losses were things she created herself.

    Agatha was the "bad guy" but Wanda was too. She didn't try to fix any of the stuff she broke she just... left. To gather more power. To fix things again... this time with more power. The only "good" she did was accidently expose SWORD dude, who went from "def evil but just typical govt evil" to "try and shoot kids becuase VILLAIN" really freaking fast.
    end of spoilers

    and speaking of SWORD dude

    spoilers:
    talk about no nuance at all. Dude went straight super villain trying ot gun down kids for "reasons" really freaking fast.
    end of spoilers

    I think id feel better about this show if it came out when it intended along with DS2 coming out as intended but this end just felt like more set up rather than conclusion.
    spoilers:
    First, I see your point with the kids. However she created the kids to essentially deal with her trauma, and thus she had to give them up which basically means she's had to give up her coping mechanism and she still has to deal with the post Endgame stuff.

    With regards to her being the villain, yes, but the show kind of ignores that. Monica has a chance to stop her but doesn't, Vision could have tried to stop her from doing what she did to Agatha but didn't. Instead all the other characters just let her do her thing. Heck, Monica even says she would have done what Wanda did. It's more she made a big whoopsy and kind of forced everyone to live out her sitcom fantasies. There's a lot to unpack there but instead this episode feels like it came from a completely different show. It was really busy a 5 hour set up to Doctor Strange when it could have been so much more.
    I would have loved to have seen a short duel between Monica and Wanda, with Monica essentially trying to save Wanda but that didn't happen.

    Her resolution didn't sit right with me. I would have taken a scene with the People of the Town being interviewed on the news or a short news segment with them having to deal with the trauma of Wanda's actions. But they are kind of forgotten about.
    end of spoilers

  15. #2385
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Think the only thing that was a disappointment was the big troll. I think we’ll all know which one I mean. It hyped us up for something it just...wasnt. More annoying as we already had that with Mysterio in FFH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •