Page 171 of 283 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That was a misquote by clickbait sites.
    Didn't Olsen say that herself or am I remembering that wrong?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    There was no need for that casting, it was there just to build up hype via internet commentators.
    They've realised that People online can just market the show for them, and they don't need to pay them.
    It's annoying as there was the base there for something greater
    There were rumours that Mephisto was behind it all and that was silly as there was no basis for it.
    But Quicksilver, yeah, there was.

That wasn't even the worst part of the episode for me, but it was a microcosm of my problems with it.
    The show should have focused a little bit more on why Monica wanted to side with Wanda so much. It felt far too rushed for me. And Hayward should have been fleshed out further instead being transformed into a one-dimensional villain. They kept Agatha off screen for far too long a period of time, and they just crammed her story into the series in a very rushed third act. But what bothers me is that I don't think Wanda has really dealt with her emotional problems. She's been given a new name and that's about it. And I think the show has made her look really bad. Far worse than I ever could have imagined.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I feel like that will be elaborated on in CM2. But I do wish we saw all her powers here, and actually give her a fight scene.
    I'm glad that they didn't rush her powers development. She just discovered that she has powers, doesn't understand them, and has no idea how to use them. So far, it's all been instinct. At some point, she can sit down and try to understand what she can do but with everything happening, I'm glad they didn't spend time on it.

Monica, Woo, and Darcy deserved one heroic moment in the finale and that's what they got, so I was happy.

Disney+ Suffers Service Issues During WandaVision Finale
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-fina...-plus-servers/

A video on what the show was primarily focused on conveying https://twitter.com/robinsparkIez/st...36801353129984
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Disney+ Suffers Service Issues During WandaVision Finale
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-fina...-plus-servers/
    Hm. When I started watching this morning, the audio and video were off by a second or so but I restarted the show and it was fine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I agree. They literally could have chosen any other actor in the world to play that role. And folks wouldn't have gotten hyped up with the whole mutant thing. Fanboy rage over the Mandarin reveal in Iron Man 3 will pale in comparison to the outrage over this recasting decision. At the end of the day, it was pointless to put Fietro in WandaVision. They wasted a whole episode on his "story" which could have been used to focus on other things.
    I’m sure this has been said before, but Marvel has made it CLEAR that they’re doing Multiverse stuff in the future and using old out of continuity actors. I was very pleasantly surprised by the show overall, but the QS stuff wasn’t fair to fans. Maybe ATJ wasn’t available so they went with the next best thing.

Ultimate Member

That's true

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I feel like that will be elaborated on in CM2. But I do wish we saw all her powers here, and actually give her a fight scene.
    I kind of understood why they didn't show Monica using her powers here. This was Wanda's and Vision's show so they focused on them. I don't mind battles but it feels jarring to me to see Wanda SORT of coming to terms with her grief in the context of engaging in extensive action sequences firing CGI beams from her hands in her superhero costume. It feels "off". I imagine that's gonna turn off a LOT of people who were enjoying the show for the message it was trying to get across to viewers.

I didn't build up my expectations of Pietro being actually in this. Because this was a fake world. And Marvel loves their fake outs. Teaser issue covers and all of that. And there's always that chance that things aren't what they seem. Especially with magic involved.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

I kind of understood why they didn't show Monica using her powers here. This was Wanda's and Vision's show so they focused on them. I don't mind battles but it feels jarring to me to see Wanda SORT of coming to terms with her grief in the context of engaging in extensive action sequences firing CGI beams from her hands in her superhero costume. It feels "off". I imagine that's gonna turn off a LOT of people who were enjoying the show for the message it was trying to get across to viewers.
    I can see that. But I think it was also Agatha forcing her to confront what she had done to the townsfolk, and losing her husband and children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m sure this has been said before, but Marvel has made it CLEAR that they’re doing Multiverse stuff in the future and using old out of continuity actors. I was very pleasantly surprised by the show overall, but the QS stuff wasn’t fair to fans. Maybe ATJ wasn’t available so they went with the next best thing.
    It was a really great show, no doubt. But I think the recasting decision was a well-meaning mistake. It's possible that ATJ was not available.

I was kinda put off by Monicas comment at the end "They don't really know what you sacrificed for them" when it was Wanda that imprisoned them. Granted no one on earth can really do anything about it but still it left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

The show should have focused a little bit more on why Monica wanted to side with Wanda so much. It felt far too rushed for me. And Hayward should have been fleshed out further instead being transformed into a one-dimensional villain. They kept Agatha off screen for far too long a period of time, and they just crammed her story into the series in a very rushed third act. But what bothers me is that I don't think Wanda has really dealt with her emotional problems. She's been given a new name and that's about it. And I think the show has made her look really bad. Far worse than I ever could have imagined.
    I honestly would have preferred if there a fight scene between Monica and Wanda, with Monica not being able to know what she's capable of and Wanda being too all over the place. Then Agatha should have tried to help Wanda with controlling her powers and also helping with her mental state, essentially becoming a voice of reason.

Then you've set up a conflict of Monica and Wanda, with Monica knowing she has to learn what she can do, Agatha serving as the mentor to Wanda and Wanda having to let go in order to become healthy.

The way they handled it all was very poor in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I didn't build up my expectations of Pietro being actually in this. Because this was a fake world. And Marvel loves their fake outs. Teaser issue covers and all of that. And there's always that chance that things aren't what they seem. Especially with magic involved.
    I'm not upset about the recasting decision for that reason. I'm upset that it took away valuable screen time for other people to have their characters fleshed out more (Monica, Darcy, Jimmy, Agatha and Hayward in particular). And the idea that this was a show about Wanda overcoming her depression and grief was sort of undermined by typical MCU third act CGI hijinks. I think the message that this show was promoting for the first (GREAT) 8 episodes gets lost because of that. People just won't take that seriously. I don't wanna hear about Wanda having the capability to destroy the world and being stronger than Doctor Strange. That's just more set-ups for future movies and shows. And in my eyes Wanda still looks miserable AND is gonna be hated by a lot of folks living in the MCU. I was worried something like this would happen.