Page 173 of 283 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Why was Monica even here? Given the finale, I don't see what she brought to the show, or show she pushed the story forward.
    She was here to set up her role in Captain Marvel II.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Why was Monica even here? Given the finale, I don't see what she brought to the show, or show she pushed the story forward.
    I was very disappointed with how she was utilized

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Seems like they did more harm than good including her here. Her place in the finale was awkward to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Exactly. I had no intention of watching Captain Marvel 2 to be honest. The first one imo was BORING but i will watch now for monica. Granted i won't watch in theatres but i will watch now because of her and there are marvel movies on disney + that i still don't have a desire to watch and haven't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ruined her? I doubt it. Agatha was my favorite character and the breakout of the show with Wanda for me being a close second. I would watch a Agatha show in a heartbeat.
    Maybe ruined was a strong word. Agatha WAS a favorite of mine, but then in the last few episodes she became another exposition machine. They kept her off-screen for far too long. I loved Hahn's earlier performances, but then the show made her hammy. I do like how she helped "liberate" the people of Westview though.

Exactly. I had no intention of watching Captain Marvel 2 to be honest. The first one imo was BORING but i will watch now for monica. Granted i won't watch in theatres but i will watch now because of her and there are marvel movies on disney + that i still don't have a desire to watch and haven't.
    What did Monica in the series that excited you for Captain Marvel 2?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Ruined her? I doubt it. Agatha was my favorite character and the breakout of the show with Wanda for me being a close second. I would watch a Agatha show in a heartbeat.
    I agree. "Agatha All Along" made her a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Maybe ruined was a strong word. Agatha WAS a favorite of mine, but then in the last few episodes she became another exposition machine. They kept her off-screen for far too long. I loved Hahn's earlier performances, but then the show made her hammy. I do like how she helped "liberate" the people of Westview though.
    They turned her into a cartoon villain by the end if we're being honest.

I think the most satisfying ending for a lot of folks would have been Wanda waving goodbye to her disappearing family before walking into the distance. It would have been really moving. And she would have fully come to terms with her grief. And she might have been forgiven for her transgressions. But we need Billy and Tommy for the Young Avengers and Vision for Armor Wars and Wanda to become a possible "antagonist" in Doctor Strange 2. So the agony continues. The only bright spot I got out of this series is that one day this family might be reunited once again.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-05-2021 at 02:50 PM.

They turned her into a cartoon villain by the end if we're being honest.
    I agree with this sentiment.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think the most satisfying ending for a lot of folks would have been Wanda waving goodbye to her disappearing family before walking into the distance. It would have been really moving. And she would have fully come to terms with her grief. And she might have been forgiven for her transgressions. But we need Billy and Tommy for the Young Avengers and Vision for Armor Wars and we need Wanda to become a possible "antagonist" in Doctor Strange 2. So the agony continues.
    Not sure I understand. That's basically the way the show ended except in a more touching and emotional way.

I found the ending with the family and her leaving Westview very moving.

What did Monica in the series that excited you for Captain Marvel 2?
    The potential of what she is capable of. like the moment when the bullets went through her, the fact that they dropped instead of passed through her means that they actually made contact and whatever she did decreased the momentum and made them drop. Then i thought, "wanda better be lucky my girl monica understands her because that magic may not work on her. " The in the end credits scene i was like "oh snap those are the skrulls. My girl wanted to get back into the space program so now she going to space." So that's literally how i thought of her moments. The show wasn't about her but i truly enjoyed the drops we got of her and those make me excited to see more. But i don't go into these shows with expectations though, i honestly try to give the creators vision a shot and then judge it based on if i liked it and what i felt. Though i can get caught up in senseless plots like for instance in this finale i was like "is wanda skull made out of Steel or is vision that weak? because he should have been crushed her skull." and then i was like. "how she doing magic with dead hands and moving them like that." but i know that's just how my brain works so i can let it go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Not sure I understand. That's basically the way the show ended except in a more touching and emotional way.

Why was everyone ok with her torturing the citizens of Westview? I didn't find Monica or anyone's else reactions moving at all. Seems only Agatha had an issue with how Wanda was abusing her powers.

Ultimate Member

I think her goodbye to her family worked

I feel like if Monica was sort of leading the mission to stop Wanda, and then helped to convince Wanda to stop, it would have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

Same here. I was watching with a friend and found myself all. "oh snap i wonder if they will go the comic route and have their souls.. but that may be confusing... but they can't be done..." lol I enjoyed the ending because it felt she moved on, as i said, unlike what many dealing with grief wanda was able to create a literal safe space and when she left it she was ready to go. I think lingering would have been the wrong way to go. I want to see Wanda be better than her destiny of destruction and the lingering would have left me feeling that way, like she was still teetering on that. Instead i was left with the feeling wanda just left in care therapy and she's stronger and more sure of herself than ever. though i'm sure "reincarnated" vision will throw a wrench into that.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.