Page 200 of 283 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yeah because the others probably weren't ... witches, thats what was special about them, they were witches by blood or had some latent sorcerous potential.
    Hickman doesn't care about wanda he's an hardcore x-men fan, whatever plans he has will end with her looking worse as the PRETENDER.

eventualy her contract will end and the scarlet witch will bow out of the mcu as mutants come up
    Well, with her newfound popularity, maybe she'll stick around for a while.

If the X-Men don't like her, why make her related to them in the MCU?

yeah because the others probably weren't ... witches, thats what was special about them, they were witches by blood or had some latent sorcerous potential.
    Hickman doesn't care about wanda he's an hardcore x-men fan, whatever plans he has will end with her looking worse as the PRETENDER.

eventualy her contract will end and the scarlet witch will bow out of the mcu as mutants come up
    The one time Hickman used her she tried to make up for what she did only to make it worse and get magicsplained by Dr. Strange (who literally did the same thing she tried to do probably only a few months before in-universe).

So...kind of a mixed treatment there.

Here's a VERY brief review of WandaVision I agree with:

"I enjoyed the major theme of recontextualizing one's grief and trauma to accept it as a part of you to move forward. Each episode progressed to that idea. All that was left was a big set-piece since it's a Marvel thing.

I figured the crux of the action would be the "Scarlet Witch" powers something Wanda rejects but needs to accept as a part of herself. You know, to kinda match the overall theme of the show. And if I'm really stretching, it's almost, maybe there?? Not really? It felt like a rushed excuse to create action/set up Doctor Strange 2. That includes white Vision just flying off.

It's not like they haven't had thematic action before for the films (Civil War comes to mind), but it feels pretty lacking when you have 9 hours and the ending feels a little hollow.

Not to mention Hayward being the only one dealing with immediate consequences, but he rebuilt an Avenger? We know he's a dick and an attempted child murderer from what we're shown, so I'm interested into seeing how anything will stick. Wanda flying off without any repercussions from other parties besides grumpy looks also didn't sit well.

When things headed back to Wanda and her farewells with the boys and her Vision, I was back in. The smaller, intimate moments really shined in this show. Really liked most of the series, but the finale felt less like a satisfying conclusion and more paint by numbers MCU/set up for the future."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Here's a VERY brief review of WandaVision I agree with:

"I enjoyed the major theme of recontextualizing one's grief and trauma to accept it as a part of you to move forward. Each episode progressed to that idea. All that was left was a big set-piece since it's a Marvel thing.

I figured the crux of the action would be the "Scarlet Witch" powers something Wanda rejects but needs to accept as a part of herself. You know, to kinda match the overall theme of the show. And if I'm really stretching, it's almost, maybe there?? Not really? It felt like a rushed excuse to create action/set up Doctor Strange 2. That includes white Vision just flying off.

It's not like they haven't had thematic action before for the films (Civil War comes to mind), but it feels pretty lacking when you have 9 hours and the ending feels a little hollow.

Not to mention Hayward being the only one dealing with immediate consequences, but he rebuilt an Avenger? We know he's a dick and an attempted child murderer from what we're shown, so I'm interested into seeing how anything will stick. Wanda flying off without any repercussions from other parties besides grumpy looks also didn't sit well.

When things headed back to Wanda and her farewells with the boys and her Vision, I was back in. The smaller, intimate moments really shined in this show. Really liked most of the series, but the finale felt less like a satisfying conclusion and more paint by numbers MCU/set up for the future."
    I don't really feel it was being used to set up the future that much

BANNED

I swear there's fakeouts sure, but then theres digging too deep into any possible hint/teaser/clue/easter egg that may or may not have enourmous plot implications has harmed people's ability to just watch a show, process it, and understand what is trying to actually tell or at least come up with a prespective on it's content.
    we need more focus on discussion the literary and writing of a show, less on what it's "teasing"

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't really feel it was being used to set up the future that much
    I think the use of White Vision was clearly setting things up for future stories. I don't think adding him added much to the story. He just ran away after his debate with the Conditional Vision.

I swear there's fakeouts sure, but then theres digging too deep into any possible hint/teaser/clue/easter egg that may or may not have enourmous plot implications has harmed people's ability to just watch a show, process it, and understand what is trying to actually tell or at least come up with a prespective on it's content.
    we need more focus on discussion the literary and writing of a show, less on what it's "teasing"
    This 100%. People were getting so mad that episode 8 didn’t have a big Mephisto reveal and all the while I was just shocked that the MCU was giving us some proper character depth for once.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    And again Pietro doesn't have magic but he got powers unlocked from the mind-stone too it seems like. Since they're both twins and only one has magic, it stands to reason that there's more to both of them than magic.
    Did the show specify Pietro didn't have any magic potential? Did the show ever say only Wanda had it? No. That was simply left unexplained. It's not canon that Pietro wasn't connected to magic in any way. That's you making an assumption because it fits the narrative you want for those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This 100%. People were getting so mad that episode 8 didn’t have a big Mephisto reveal and all the while I was just shocked that the MCU was giving us some proper character depth for once.
    I was impressed that Marvel focused so much on Wanda's backstory in the penultimate episode of the series. A really gutsy creative decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Did the show specify Pietro didn't have any magic potential? Did the show ever say only Wanda had it? No. That was simply left unexplained. It's not canon that Pietro wasn't connected to magic in any way. That's you making an assumption because it fits the narrative you want for those characters.
    I guess the implication is Wanda subconsciously used magic to cast a Probability Hex that kept Pietro alive and gave him his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, with her newfound popularity, maybe she'll stick around for a while.

If the X-Men don't like her, why make her related to them in the MCU?
    Yeah, there isn't a reason for that. Her story on mcu was built without mutants

no one cares about pietro lol, witout being a mutant or magneto's son there's nothing in that character to use so no one cares
    I mean this is a fact but it's still a plot hole lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The one time Hickman used her she tried to make up for what she did only to make it worse and get magicsplained by Dr. Strange (who literally did the same thing she tried to do probably only a few months before in-universe).

So...kind of a mixed treatment there.
    see I hate the character and I found that most enjoyable, I was having a ball each time strange verbaly pushed her down, so he's not writing for the audience that likes or cares about wanda THAT'S FOR SURE.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean this is a fact but it's still a plot hole lol
    What about his relationship with Wanda? Wasn't he married into the Inhuman royal family once?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's not canon that Pietro wasn't connected to magic in any way.
    Not how logic works. That's a classic fallacy called "disproving a negative"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden...ing_a_negative

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    spoilers:
    the next Big Bad of Phase 4-5 isn't a major character?
    end of spoilers
    The next Thanos of the MCU is not gonna debut in a Disney+ show, or Ant-Man 3, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I do agree with him to a certain extent too. I have yet to watch a superhero movie or show that has touched me or made me think like classic non-superhero films and even documentaries have. But I understand why folks think people like him sound insufferable, elitist and pretentious as well.
    I like superhero comics as entertainment but if I were to name comics I consider the best of their medium in terms of craft it will mostly be stuff like Will Eisner, Art Spiegelman, Robert Crumb, Alan Moore (his non-superhero stuff), Walt Kelly, George Herriman, Carl Barks.

I like TV shows like LOST or Friends but if I were to name the best artistic TV shows in the respective dramatic or comedic genres it will be Twin Peaks, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Simpsons, Futurama, Monty Python.

WandaVision and most MCU are well made entertainment but it's being written or talked about by fans as something other than conventional straightforward entertainment.

The MCU wholeheartedly likes comics and likes to tell those stories straight.