Page 219 of 283 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Mutant wanda's truly dead on the water, im so happy.
    #THANKYOUWANDAVISION
    #X-menSTANSforwandavision

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Finally watched episode 9.

As a Vision fan, they handled the conflict with his White version pretty well; I thought they would've done a reverse of The Gatherers story but that worked as well. A friend of mine was still confused if they rebuilt the old body or made a new one from scratch and they could've given us a post-credit scene for him too.

The evil SWORD dude was a stupid villain.

Not much to complain about; show had good actors and they treated Scarlet Witch and Vision with respect. 9.5/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Matt says Scratchy is her ''familiar'', so I guess that was basically their intention: to make Scratchy be a substitute of Ebony. I wish they would've just used Ebony in the first place, but I guess using a bunny called Scratchy was probably a part of their easter-egg/red herring agenda to make people speculate. If it was just a black cat named Ebony, people would know exactly what it was. But I still hope we get Ebony someday in the MCU. Maybe he could be Wanda's or Billy's familiar in the future.
    Yup, yet people still think the "big demon" will be Mephisto or Nightmare or someone important.
    Jeez I hate fan theorists who know jack **** about the subjects in the first place and think they just deserve to be right about something.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Mutant wanda's truly dead on the water, im so happy.
    #THANKYOUWANDAVISION
    #X-menSTANSforwandavision
    ...How? What's the difference between a "mutant" and mutate? One is born with powers, and the other is given powers. Wanda is still a "mutant", in that she was born with powers (the ability to affect probability), but enhanced with Chaos Magic. Seems like she is still a "mutant", since someone like Doctor Strange had to learn how to weld magic...

Besides, the MCU has its own rules, compared to World 616, so...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    ...How? What's the difference between a "mutant" and mutate? One is born with powers, and the other is given powers. Wanda is still a "mutant", in that she was born with powers (the ability to affect probability), but enhanced with Chaos Magic. Seems like she is still a "mutant", since someone like Doctor Strange had to learn how to weld magic...

Besides, the MCU has its own rules, compared to World 616, so...
    It's an oversimplification, Peter Parker's kids in various AU have his power, but they would still count as mutates.
    Daemon Hellstrom is born with power as a half demon, he is certainly not a mutant.(Magic, demon, divine bloodline is a rather common way for people to have innate magic power.)
    In MU, a mutant(a human one at least) is someone who gets power from the activation of X-gene.(Be it at birth, teenage years, etc.)

She is not "enhanced with Chaos Magic", it's more likely Chaos Magic is what she is born with, the enchancement is the Mind Stone experiment, and it serves more or less as a massive power source for her Chaos Magic power.
    Wanda is born with power due to magic influence(most likely Chthon's), not due to X-gene, she is not a mutant for all intents and purposes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well again, the ending of the show needs to stop being treated like the end of her story. It's only part of the journey and every interview with director has outright said that. Finally Wanda is more popular than she's ever been so a few haters are not gonna shake me. I'm gonna ride this coaster for as long as it lasts. And as soon as my credit allows me, go and buy up all the merch.
    Thing is, I don't think Wanda is remorseful for anything that she did, hence why I would classify her as more of an "anti-hero" at this point in time. Right now, Wanda is hardened by her life experiences, and thinks that she has sacrificed more than enough blood and treasure. Now, she wants what she is owed, and she is determined to do what it takes to finally have the life she always wanted (hence the last scene with her reading the Darkhold).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's an oversimplification, Peter Parker's kids in various AU have his power, but they would still count as mutates.
    Daemon Hellstrom is born with power as a half demon, he is certainly not a mutant.(Magic, demon, divine bloodline is a rather common way for people to have innate magic power.)
    In MU, a mutant(a human one at least) is someone who gets power from the activation of X-gene.(Be it at birth, teenage years, etc.)

She is not "enhanced with Chaos Magic", it's more likely Chaos Magic is what she is born with, the enchancement is the Mind Stone experiment, and it serves more or less as a massive power source for her Chaos Magic power.
    Wanda is born with power due to magic influence(most likely Chthon's), not due to X-gene, she is not a mutant for all intents and purposes.
    Yeah, but Franklin Richards has been classified as a "mutant", so why wouldn't May Parker? Also, Wolverine was born with a healing factor, but was enhanced by Adamantium. Why would he be different from Wanda in that regard, who originally could just affect probability, but later would learn how to access Chaos Magic by establishing a link with an Elder God (as seen in the comics)? There are many ways that this can be taken, given the 60 years of comic book history and reconts that have occurred over those years.

I will admit that I am biased, since I like the fact that, originally, Magneto was Wanda's dad, which is where I am coming from on this issue...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Some of us have rightly been critical of Monica's lines in Episode 9, or her downplaying of the town's suffering, but Teyonah Parris really did get across her own pain, and made a pretty great performance and character out of some pretty bland/contradictory lines. I think that's what really pisses me off with Monica: she's this close to being really good. Parris is perfectly cast, all of the pieces are there to develop and explain her over-defensive attitude for Wanda, she just doesn't get nearly enough screen time or plot relevance to shine. It's like she had an entire TV season to go through her origin story a la Black Panther in Civil War (I still think T'Challa's introduction in Civil War was the best one in the MCU next to Tony Stark himself) and somehow had less to work with. Utter shame, but should honestly be fairly simple to fix and I hope to see her done better.
    Episode 4 is the reason why Monica was defensive of Wanda, as well as the fact that, in this alternate reality, "Geraldine" was Wanda's best friend. I have a feeling that Wanda still harbors some resentment of Monica for what happened in Episode 3, because she came off a bit cold towards Monica. My hope is that Wanda and Monica can become close friends in the future...

Yeah, but Franklin Richards has been classified as a "mutant", so why wouldn't May Parker? Also, Wolverine was born with a healing factor, but was enhanced by Adamantium. Why would he be different from Wanda in that regard, who originally could just affect probability, but later would learn how to access Chaos Magic by establishing a link with an Elder God (as seen in the comics)? There are many ways that this can be taken, given the 60 years of comic book history and reconts that have occurred over those years.

I will admit that I am biased, since I like the fact that, originally, Magneto was Wanda's dad, which is where I am coming from on this issue...
    Mags wasn't originally Wanda's dad. That was originally Robert Frank. Mags didn't happen until the 80s. And mutant just over-complicates things for Wanda and they don't really use it in any real relevant way.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Thing is, I don't think Wanda is remorseful for anything that she did, hence why I would classify her as more of an "anti-hero" at this point in time. Right now, Wanda is hardened by her life experiences, and thinks that she has sacrificed more than enough blood and treasure. Now, she wants what she is owed, and she is determined to do what it takes to finally have the life she always wanted (hence the last scene with her reading the Darkhold).
    She said she was sorry, so yes, she absolutely is remorseful. She never mentions getting what she's owed after she's broken from the hex. In the end she says she just wants to understand her powers. Reading the Darkhold does not mean she's trying to get the life she wanted. She could already do that without it. She is reading up on her own lore.

Extraordinary Member

Because he actually has activated X-gene(until the recent retcon).
    There is a difference between inheriting the mutated gene from your parents, and your dormant X-gene activating. Also Franklin doesn't have his parents' power.
    I am talking about MCU Wanda who has no signs of "genetic modification", MU Wanda on the other hand was originally a mutant, after the AXIS retcon, the "High Evolutionary experiment" effectively replaced her original mutant part. So yeah, not a mutant in both universes.

Also she doesn't learn to access Chaos Magic, Chaos Magic as established by Kurt Busiek is always an active power of hers, her understanding it better helps her use it better, but it's always active(as opposed to Witchcraft which she learnt from Agatha.). She was makred by Chthon at birth and all.

"Some of those Easter eggs are absolutely intentional. And then some things, like just trying to clarify what was Monica's plan with regards to the Hex [were not]," Shakman said on Fatman Beyond. "We did reshoot a little thing there, changed some dialogue, added the aerospace engineer which was never an intention on our side to set up the Fantastic Four (laughs)."

Fan theories are "charming and wonderful," Shakman said, "but we're building to this rover set piece, which I have worked my butt off on for well over a year creating this rover. And all of a sudden, everybody wants to know who's going to meet her there, and I know it's going to be this wonderful actress who's playing Major Goodner, and it's not going to be Reed Richards."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-matt-shakman/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mags wasn't originally Wanda's dad. That was originally Robert Frank. Mags didn't happen until the 80s. And mutant just over-complicates things for Wanda and they don't really use it in any real relevant way.
    I honestly am relieved he's not their dad in the MCU. Otherwise the story would be all about him

And marvel was really still dumb enough not to give them a little mini comic while the show was premiering..... That's some dumbasserey of the highest degree right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I honestly am relieved he's not their dad in the MCU. Otherwise the story would be all about him
    Relief ain't the word for it.

For me, all this happened in real time, since I've read Wanda's story since the '60s.

First she was a mutant orphan. Than she was the child of WW2 heroes. Then the child of an evil mutant. In between the other things; marked by Chton, etc. Delivered by Bova and later found to be an experiment of Bova's master.

So as they happened in real time, it was a nice progression and a mystery that kept getting more riddles.

But for the MCU it needed to go, and I too am glad it did. I think it would be interesting to know if the Darkhold also knew that Wanda, the Scarlet Witch, would be empowered by something else, the mind stone.

Was she always going to have this happen?

Or could anyone else who had the mind stone experiment and some little nod towards magic or whatever have become the SW?
    In comics the idea of a number of genes that may activate powers; X gene, Inhuman gene, others should not mind so much

if there is a Y gene or something else *too*.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all