Page 220 of 283 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

I was a bit surprised the show retconned her to be born with powers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    And marvel was really still dumb enough not to give them a little mini comic while the show was premiering..... That's some dumbasserey of the highest degree right there.
    Yea I am totally willing to call marvel dumb on that one cause they have deserved it and Wanda Fans have been asking why no new content for so long. They have been holding back Wanda and Vision for whatever petty reasons and now all their books have sold faster then early tickets to Endgame and they are left holding the bag on why they don't have new Scarlet Witch and Vision Content.

I say Good, Let them realize the buggling of not giving Wanda and Vision more time in the Comics and take this hard lesson, hopefully it will put them in gear to give us our Wanda and Vision comic.

#WeWantScarletWitchComics
    #WeWantVisionComics
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think that is go with her being a being of prohecy, it makes her more deep and interesting that not all these powers came from the Mind stone, that was an interesting Recon that I liked.

I don't think either this will be a mutant recon either, they clearly state she was a Baby Witch which some early enheratance to her powers.

I keep think this might not only open up furture Doors to the Lore of Mount Wundagore, The High Evolutionary, Bova and even Natalya Maximoff, her Scarlet Witch Legacy mother in the comics.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think that is go with her being a being of prohecy, it makes her more deep and interesting that not all these powers came from the Mind stone, that was an interesting Recon that I liked.

I don't think either this will be a mutant recon either, they clearly state she was a Baby Witch which some early enheratance to her powers.

I keep think this might not only open up furture Doors to the Lore of Mount Wundagore, The High Evolutionary, Bova and even Natalya Maximoff, her Scarlet Witch Legacy mother in the comics.

Makes sense. I don't expect any mutant stuff either

Makes sense. I don't expect any mutant stuff either
    I don't know how to explain Pietro yet, but I come to this conclusion with Wanda cause of Agatha calling her a "Baby Witch", which is likely a term calling her gentic heritage being that of Witches like in the comics.

It would add another new layer for Wanda from the comics, which is interesting stuff to chew on for any Wanda Fan.

If you Want to Learn more about The Witches Road from James Robinson on this Topic Mik, her is the link to the TPBs, I it always nice to talk to you and you desire to learn more about Wanda is great to help you with.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJNKMWX...eries_rwt_tkin
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-09-2021 at 05:56 AM.

Ultimate Member

I don't know how to explain Pietro yet, but I come to this conclusion with Wanda cause of Agatha calling her a "Baby Witch", which is likely a term calling her gentic heritage being that of Witches like in the comics.

It would add another new layer for Wanda from the comics, which is interesting stuff to chew on for any Wanda Fan.

If you Want to Learn more about The Witches Road from James Robinson on this Topic Mik, her is the link to the TPBs, I it always nice to talk to you and you desire to learn more about Wanda is great to help you with.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJNKMWX...eries_rwt_tkin
    Much appreciated!

This a crush course on all things scarlet witchy:

Last edited by Daedra; 03-09-2021 at 06:39 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This a crush course on all things scarlet witchy:

Ok. They seem to be taking a lot of this for the MCU

Incredible Member

Yea I am totally willing to call marvel dumb on that one cause they have deserved it and Wanda Fans have been asking why no new content for so long. They have been holding back Wanda and Vision for whatever petty reasons and now all their books have sold faster then early tickets to Endgame and they are left holding the bag on why they don't have new Scarlet Witch and Vision Content.

I say Good, Let them realize the buggling of not giving Wanda and Vision more time in the Comics and take this hard lesson, hopefully it will put them in gear to give us our Wanda and Vision comic.

#WeWantVisionComics
    Or, TPTB didn't consider how popular WV would turn out to be, considering that the characters featured are essentially side characters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She said she was sorry, so yes, she absolutely is remorseful. She never mentions getting what she's owed after she's broken from the hex. In the end she says she just wants to understand her powers. Reading the Darkhold does not mean she's trying to get the life she wanted. She could already do that without it. She is reading up on her own lore.
    When did she say she was "sorry", other than being manipulated by Agatha into saying it? In fact, she comes off as resentful that she gave up her dream life for her "victims". And, she never apologized to Monica for how she treated her, even though Monica put her life and reputation on the line for Wanda. And this is on top of using a suspect book while STILL wanting to get her family back, rather than moving on. Wanda, at this point, isn't a "hero", and I suspect that it will be her actions that will involve Doctor Strange, and not for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    When did she say she was "sorry", other than being manipulated by Agatha into saying it? In fact, she comes off as resentful that she gave up her dream life for her "victims". And, she never apologized to Monica for how she treated her, even though Monica put her life and reputation on the line for Wanda. And this is on top of using a suspect book while STILL wanting to get her family back, rather than moving on. Wanda, at this point, isn't a "hero", and I suspect that it will be her actions that will involve Doctor Strange, and not for the right reasons.
    Did you watch the show? Go back and watch after she realizes what she did. After Agatha makes her break from her fantasy. The show is dealing with the stages of grief and Wanda's story was about confronting her denial.

If you are completely unsure, there are several interviews with the showrunners about it as well.

When she yeeted Monica, she protected her with a hex. The show makes it very clear that Wanda's grief made her powers go out of control, and her emotions put her in a dream state. And that Agatha pushed her through this both in damaging ways and indirectly helpful ways to wake her up to confront her loss and to figure out and steal her powers. And that Wanda is dealing with a mental break + out of control powers.

Who wouldn't want to get their family back?

Doctor Strange's synopsis doesn't fit your theory.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-09-2021 at 07:47 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

#WeWantVisionComics
    Honestly, Disney cared more about the D+ sub money than the comic book money and the comics side was in a mess due to the cough last year and preparations for Hickman's X-Men stuff in 2019. Gotta wait for that Darkhold series for now.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm hoping CB Cebulski has more to announce soon than just Darkhold Alpha's official release. He made it sound like there were exciting things. And with Darkhold Alpha's paperback version listed for January of next year, the individual issue release might not be until November or December.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I say Good, Let them realize the buggling of not giving Wanda and Vision more time in the Comics and take this hard lesson, hopefully it will put them in gear to give us our Wanda and Vision comic
    It's like they are still struggling to break free of Brian Bendis. Bendis is gone. Move on. There is an old saying that Marvel should follow more often "Keep it simple, stupid"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's like they are still struggling to break free of Brian Bendis. Bendis is gone. Move on. There is an old saying that Marvel should follow more often "Keep it simple, stupid"
    naur theyr just didnt want to use her, the only side of marvel that's still referencing bendis wanda is the x-men, and they gave her a nickname to be able to discuss those 8 years or so witout even saying the characters name.
    shes an avengers character hence her main editor is brevoot, whatever the x-offices want to do it wouldnt ever stop her from showing up