Page 222 of 283 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Whatever happened to that Storm ongoing? Ta-Nehisi Coates just didn't have the time for it?
    Who knows lol, chances are we are getting one now or soonish with all the reliable teases and art progress

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I think they may have intended WS and Falcon to be the big seller, and WandaVision to be this high-brow thing they got a few of the Falcon/WS people to hang around for afterwards. I don't think they were really prepared for what is very likely an opposite result: WandaVision being incredibly popular, and Falcon/WS being just something some people watched because, "well, I've already paid for a Disney subscription, why not?"
    IDC about Bucky Barnes at all & frankly other than the shippers I don't think anyone else really does either, I'm only watching to support Falcon & black excellence I can tell you now it won't be like WandaVision where I stayed up late just to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I think they may have intended WS and Falcon to be the big seller, and WandaVision to be this high-brow thing they got a few of the Falcon/WS people to hang around for afterwards. I don't think they were really prepared for what is very likely an opposite result: WandaVision being incredibly popular, and Falcon/WS being just something some people watched because, "well, I've already paid for a Disney subscription, why not?"
    Coming from Marvel comics no surprise, they planned darkhold and then postponed and that was it. Pandemic really screw up their palns, but I still think they didnt put a lot of effort on the last years with Wanda

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Whatever happened to that Storm ongoing? Ta-Nehisi Coates just didn't have the time for it?
    So we missed out on a book where Ororo gets a new or old love interest that does all the work while Ororo plants kush or some sh*t.

Dodged a bullet.
    "Cable was right!"

Someone built Wanda and Vision's house alongside Agatha's and used the noteblocks in Minecraft to create the Agatha All Along song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2mnsKxvCU
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Someone built Wanda and Vision's house alongside Agatha's and used the noteblocks in Minecraft to create the Agatha All Along song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2mnsKxvCU
    OMG imagine having that much time on your hands...... Must be nice it's cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    IDC about Bucky Barnes at all & frankly other than the shippers I don't think anyone else really does either, I'm only watching to support Falcon & black excellence I can tell you now it won't be like WandaVision where I stayed up late just to watch.
    I love the prospects for both characters. Admittedly in the comics, I don't believe Falcon has always been well served. But the story of Winter Soldier that brought his death back, is amazing, and perhaps that was not quite as well served in the movie version.

I'd like to see both characters in movies and comics reach greater potentials.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    naur theyr just didnt want to use her, the only side of marvel that's still referencing bendis wanda is the x-men, and they gave her a nickname to be able to discuss those 8 years or so witout even saying the characters name.
    shes an avengers character hence her main editor is brevoot, whatever the x-offices want to do it wouldnt ever stop her from showing up
    Most of Wanda’s comics material is in the Avengers and in her miniseries with Vision. Brevoort has been very reluctant to go back to a traditional pre-2005 Avengers lineup (Uncanny Avengers was closest to that) and has been pretty vocal about not wanting to reunite Wanda and Vision, so she doesn’t have a lot of places to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Most of Wanda’s comics material is in the Avengers and in her miniseries with Vision. Brevoort has been very reluctant to go back to a traditional pre-2005 Avengers lineup (Uncanny Avengers was closest to that) and has been pretty vocal about not wanting to reunite Wanda and Vision, so she doesn’t have a lot of places to go.
    Maybe the time has come for a new Chef in the kitchen
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

There are plenty of things they have done and can done without Vision. That was probably not it. They gave her a solo, gave Zub some permissions to do stories with her, and he had more stories proposed. Not sure what their problem really was.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Wandavision had me thinking I've been saying Lagos wrong for my entire life.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

Jac Schaeffer talks about the finale. I think she makes good points, though some of the things she says were more in theory than on the show. E.g. I like the idea of us discovering along with Wanda that she's guilty, but i don't think we ever really knew what Wanda knows because of all the red herrings.

Though one reason "Agatha All Along" was a great red herring is because it made it seem for a moment like it was Agatha who was responsible for all the bad things Wanda had done, which is what Wanda would like to happen, but no: her sitcom has been "canceled" and there isn't going to be a last-minute twist that solves all her problems and gives her a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I don't know how to explain Pietro yet, but I come to this conclusion with Wanda cause of Agatha calling her a "Baby Witch", which is likely a term calling her gentic heritage being that of Witches like in the comics.
    We'll probably never get an explanation for Pietro -- unless Aaron Taylor-Johnson miraculously agrees to come back for WandaVision 2 -- but if the Maximoffs had some magical potential then it could just be that his speed powers are related to magic.

Wanda was able to give Vision super speed and Agatha was seemingly able to give Ralph super speed, so it could just be that speed is somehow a magic power.

Ultimate Member

Jac Schaeffer talks about the finale. I think she makes good points, though some of the things she says were more in theory than on the show. E.g. I like the idea of us discovering along with Wanda that she's guilty, but i don't think we ever really knew what Wanda knows because of all the red herrings.

Though one reason "Agatha All Along" was a great red herring is because it made it seem for a moment like it was Agatha who was responsible for all the bad things Wanda had done, which is what Wanda would like to happen, but no: her sitcom has been "canceled" and there isn't going to be a last-minute twist that solves all her problems and gives her a happy ending.

We'll probably never get an explanation for Pietro -- unless Aaron Taylor-Johnson miraculously agrees to come back for WandaVision 2 -- but if the Maximoffs had some magical potential then it could just be that his speed powers are related to magic.

Wanda was able to give Vision super speed and Agatha was seemingly able to give Ralph super speed, so it could just be that speed is somehow a magic power.
    Although I don't hate the twist, part of me wishes we had ATJ's Quicksilver in the show somehow

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Thanks for the Article Gurkle, it was a pleasent read, I mostly Read the parts concerning Wanda and it was nice to get it strait from the horses mouth on what they desired for her arc.

I honeslty liked to settle on the word Intuitively: Meaning Without Conscious Reasoning; instinctively, meaning threw that explosion of grief all this was done without though or a plan, it just without reason or though and as we saw threw the episodes and by Episode 8 Wanda has a broken mind needed mending. She tied her kids and family to the Hex and if plained she would not have done such either, this as by what I got from the EP & Head Scribe Jac Schaeffer what they where going for.

A Woman broke needed to be shaken out of her uncontroled, aka Intuitively world that she did not know how it started or what was really going on.

So this was an uplifting Article IMO, I hope you got some Postives out of it as well Gurkle.

As for Pietro, I if their is a connections to The High Evolutionary or to Natalya Maximoff, it could be he was a baby magic user too, just his powers just focued on speed and not overall magic like Wanda did.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There are plenty of things they have done and can done without Vision. That was probably not it. They gave her a solo, gave Zub some permissions to do stories with her, and he had more stories proposed. Not sure what their problem really was.
    Zub said on twitter that he belived she was a character that could tie mutant and magical corners of marvel, maybe the reason why he was refused is because he wanted her as a mutant.

edit : source:
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/13...877018629?s=20
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-09-2021 at 11:48 PM.