Page 224 of 283 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    no one that matters does aka writers and editors
    Ok. Because I've seen some fans wanting her to be connected to them in the MCU

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. Because I've seen some fans wanting her to be connected to them in the MCU
    fans dont really make any decisions, in fact our best way to affect any outcome is by supporting or not supporting something, non mutant wanda has gotten astronomical shattering support.
    It sends a clear mensage

fans dont really make any decisions, in fact our best way to affect any outcome is by supporting or not supporting something, non mutant wanda has gotten astronomical shattering support.
    It sends a clear mensage
    But there's NO mutants to support at all. By this logic, we shouldn't expect mutants to show up at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But there's NO mutants to support at all. By this logic, we shouldn't expect mutants to show up at all.
    Well, I don't know how much the people in charge are listening anyway.

BANNED

They have the numbers to show the interest is there already lol, wanda isnt the x-men who have been in the general public's mind for 3 decades, she's a relatively new character in the public's eye who has been presented and developed as a magical character, a true witch.
    they got the evidence she has no need to be a mutant to be sucessfull and this current version is a sucess witout any mutant, well anything as peter was just a joke.

Mutant scarlet witch is a dead concept it's time to accept that.

Mutants can just show up, just like they did in comics. They don't need someone else to usher them in.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mutants can just show up, just like they did in comics. They don't need someone else to usher them in.
    Exactly, and other characters shouldn't be used to usher them in.

They have the numbers to show the interest is there already lol, wanda isnt the x-men who have been in the general public's mind for 3 decades, she's a relatively new character in the public's eye who has been presented and developed as a magical character, a true witch.
    they got the evidence she has no need to be a mutant to be sucessfull and this current version is a sucess witout any mutant, well anything as peter was just a joke.

Mutant scarlet witch is a dead concept it's time to accept that.
    It's only been six years. That's basically nothing in comic book time.

Besides, it seems ridiculous to me to say "oh, well, the numbers show there's interest in bringing in mutants" and then say "numbers don't matter, they won't make Wanda a mutant!" Because there's a looooooooooooot of evidence that people want her to be one.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 03-10-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Exactly, and other characters shouldn't be used to usher them in.
    Why? Iron Man ushered in Spider-Man. Captain America ushered in Falcon and Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Why? Iron Man ushered in Spider-Man. Captain America ushered in Falcon and Black Panther.
    Within the same basic storyling. I should have been clearer. I meant sacrificing SW's and Vision's narratives to introduce the X-Men would be a disservice to those two characters. Whereas Spider-Man and Black Panther and Falcon didn't detract from Iron Man's and Captain American's narratives

Besides, it seems ridiculous to me to say "oh, well, the numbers show there's interest in bringing in mutants" and then say "numbers don't matter, they won't make Wanda a mutant!" Because there's a looooooooooooot of evidence that people want her to be one.
    Yeah, I think there's a lot of both, but I think sometimes it's divided between SW fans and X-Men fans

BANNED

It's only been six years. That's basically nothing in comic book time.

Where? because wandavision proves otherwise.

Where? because wandavision proves otherwise.
    First, let me ask you where's the evidence that there's interest in bringing in mutants? Because all the sites I know of that indicate that also show that there's interest in making MCU Wanda a mutant.

And supposed leaks don't count, Wandavision showed how reliable those are.

"The show drew 434 million minutes of viewership with the smallest number of available episodes and shortest total running time among the top 10 programs available across all SVOD platforms, per Nielsen. As of last week, WandaVision had also become the most in-demand TV show in the world, according to Parrot Analytics."

WandaVision has been wildly successful without mutants.

If you are looking for early signs of their existence, the Eternals movie could be that. Because of the Celestials creating the x-gene.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I think comics Wanda should be a mutant because it's part of her and history and the Avengers' history that she and her brother were the first mutants on the team.

But the MCU version just doubled and tripled down on her being a magical witch, who has always had magical witch powers. And one of the few predictions I made about the show that turned out to be true was that Feige would not complicate her origin story, but just say she's a random Eastern European girl, born to random Eastern European parents, who had incredibly potent witchcraft powers unlocked by exposure to the Mind Stone. They did a whole episode about her origin story and while we will eventually learn more about what the Scarlet Witch title means, we're not going to see her pulled over to the mutant side of the MCU.