Page 231 of 283 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yo I just realized Strange is a trash supreme. 1 couldn't handle Thanos Wanda could, 2 where the **** was he when **** was going down in Westview Agatha could sense the magic but he couldn't? Hm ok weak ass, 3 his cape was the best character in his movie a literal piece of fabric stays holding his ass down in 2 movies so far.

With all that said Miss Maximoff best not be kissing his ass in the movie she's above him.
    He had some cool moments, but remember Thanos had the gauntlet when he fought Strange, but not when he fought Wanda

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think so and And I disagree on the anti-hero for much of the MCU. She was an anti-hero in AoU, hero in CW, IW and Endgame. Then the troubled state we find her in, in WandaVision. I feel like with how they ended it with her declaration of getting to know her powers, that she'll go on a Doctor Strange type journey to get to understand herself and her abilities.
    Indeed GenericUsername, Nicely Explained as always, She is Literally doing the same thing Bruce Banner did at the end of the Incredible Hulk 2008 Edward Norton movie, almost mirrored the training you powers and learning to control them moment!

Our Wanda is the Bruce Banner of this Phase of the MCU.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

A bit late compared to when I posted it in the Scarlet Witch thread, but I'd like to share my thoughts on the final episode here as well:

First off, beforehand I found it to be absolutely necessary that Wanda will make a conscious decision to release the people of Westview. And she did! I wrote before that I was irritated why this must be a sad ending when it should be possible to split the problem up. That’s just the way I approach such things. And the show really gave an explanation that works in-universe: The Hex, the mind-control, the survival of Vison and the kinds, it all came as a bundle, because Wanda didn’t know what she was doing. And there *was* a way to split it up. Agatha could have done that with her knowledge (maybe Agatha was lying, though). But the condition that Agatha gave, Wanda understood that she has the moral obligation not to give her power to an evil witch, no matter the personal cost. Agatha offered Wanda to keep Westview as it is, Agatha offered Wanda to split it up and release the people, Agatha offered Wanda to release her of the burden, and Wanda stood her ground to do what’s morally right.

Agatha got an … interesting punishment, and it really stands out that unlike most MCU villains she wasn’t killed off. I think there will be crises that will make Wanda and her grudgingly work together, and eventually Agatha could become Wanda’s mentor afterall. I am just frustrated the show never really showed what Agatha’s motivations are. A bit more insight into her character would have helped.

Monica finally got rewarded for believing that below all that grief and frightening power Wanda is a good person. Wanda’s final line to her “I don’t understand this power, but I will” was perfect.

With Agatha not preferable right now, I kinda like it that Wanda chose to learn on her own. Just maybe she shouldn’t have started with the most dangerous magic book in existence, *lol*. But then again with an entire chapter devoted to her, she needs to know what’s coming for her to be able to repel the dark prophecy. Also I am wondering if her using an astral-projection is more than a gimmick. Maybe she does that to protect her from the corrupting influence of the Darkhold, keep her physical body a few meters apart from it when it’s active.

I am thrilled that we finally get elements that belong to Chthon! I think that is what the prophecy of Wanda destroying the word is all about. I am not even worried about that, we know that is something Wanda will be able to repel, and keep the Chaos Magic for her own heroic purposes. Also now I totally wanna see Wanda as a small puppet, haha!

In the recent weeks I’ve made it very clear how worried I was about how where this show will take Wanda, how her character will be looked at by the real audience. Now I am glad that I saw it through. Long before the show was announced I saw a Movie-Version of HoM as a Damocles-Sword over Wanda. The producers took this story, that did so much damage to Wanda, and turned it into a triumph. It may not quite feel like that, because it’s so sad. But this was the ultimate trial for Wanda’s character, up to the point where even she herself was wondering if she is a good person. Yet she set things right and prevailed against all evil influence and temptation. Compare that to the deranged woman she was at the end of HoM where she gave up herself and erased her own memory! This right here is defining for her, and therefore I am not worried for her future in the MCU anymore. She very well might cause more problems with her powers, but I believe that it will be done in a way that people can sympathize with her. Because now it is established that Wanda is good at heart, no matter what. And in “Infinty War” and “Endgame” we have seen her being heroic in things that she didn’t cause, it should be only a matter of time until we see that again.

If someone is wondering how people are really feeling about Wanda now, instead of sensationalist sites like this and equally bad video-channels, I highly recommend reaction videos for the episodes. The way Wanda has emotionally engaged people is truly amazing!
    Last edited by Probability010; 03-10-2021 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Removed the spoiler tags

I think a lot of people really relate to her after this year everyone has been through. It's been full of depression and loss. So the show hits very much home.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I'm glad it had a sad ending, but doesn't Wanda still searching for her kids contradict the message?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

For all my problems with the ending, I think it was right and good that there was no bigger villain controlling Wanda who would swoop in and absolve her of guilt. MCU Wanda's popularity is exploding because she made huge mistakes for reasons they can identify with.

That's why "Agatha All Along" was such a good moment. It wasn't really about Agatha, it was about Wanda. Wanda has just admitted that maybe she's the villain, and now that she's found out the truth about Agatha, she's hoping that this will be the moment when the "real" villain comes in to make her not guilty and give her a happy ending, just like the contrived happy endings in the first three episodes. But no, this is the end of Wanda's sitcom and no one is going to let her off the hook. I said that most of the show didn't let us see anything from Wanda's perspective, but I think we did get it there.

I just wish they had let her fight someone other than Agatha. The creators have said they looked at the "Witch's Road" story from Wanda's solo comic as an inspiration and I think they basically combined comic Agatha Harkness with the Emerald Warlock, the power-draining villain Wanda fights in that story. It gave Kathryn Hahn a bigger part, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I'm glad it had a sad ending, but doesn't Wanda still searching for her kids contradict the message?
    I think Wanda can move on from grief but still have an interest in something or someone having a hold of the kids. Their energies are still there. They are not completely lost. Her lesson is more so to deal with grief in a more healthy way. Which isn't to take a whole town hostage to play house. I don't think it'll be like Vision or Pietro. Vision being completely lost until SWORD revived him and Pietro just being gone likely for good. Because we know these boys are being set up to be a part of the Young Avengers.

Ultimate Member

Well, we don't know if they'll still be her actual kids when they reunite

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It looked like she was just reading a book and then they called out to her. What was she supposed to do just ignore their screams?

It looked like she was just reading a book and then they called out to her. What was she supposed to do just ignore their screams?
    She wasn't searching for them. But she has to help them, they are her kids (even if they were not her kids)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She wasn't searching for them. But she has to help them, they are her kids (even if they were not her kids)
    ^^^Indeed Right, Wanda is a Mother and would move Heaven and Earth to Save them, but still she had to come to terms to let them go for the Greater Good when she realized the Truth about what the Hex did and had to be willing to give up her Family to save the people of Westview when she came back to her true self after her breakdown and Mental Trauma.

Not many would give up their Family for just a part of the world, but she did when she awaken to the harm the Hex did without her knowing cause of her condition.

But now that she has healed herself and can think clearly now, When Your Kids call out to you that you thought where dead, OF COURSE Any Responsible Parent would go and move Heaven and Earth to find them!

Wanda is said to be like a Mama Bear and you never cross a Mother Bear and the lives of her Cubs!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-10-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I have to admit that i was worried when some people pointed out that the screams that she heard maybe aren't her kids but the Darkhold or another villain playing with Wanda but then i remember that they have plans for the young avengers so it be just them, America Chavez being in the movie helps this theory a lot

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I have to admit that i was worried when some people pointed out that the screams that she heard maybe aren't her kids but the Darkhold or another villain playing with Wanda but then i remember that they have plans for the young avengers so it be just them, America Chavez being in the movie helps this theory a lot
    Wandavision still hasn't explained what the missing kids' sign on the milk box meant.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    A bit late compared to when I posted it in the Scarlet Witch thread, but I'd like to share my thoughts on the final episode here as well:

First off, beforehand I found it to be absolutely necessary that Wanda will make a conscious decision to release the people of Westview. And she did! I wrote before that I was irritated why this must be a sad ending when it should be possible to split the problem up. That’s just the way I approach such things. And the show really gave an explanation that works in-universe: The Hex, the mind-control, the survival of Vison and the kinds, it all came as a bundle, because Wanda didn’t know what she was doing. And there *was* a way to split it up. Agatha could have done that with her knowledge (maybe Agatha was lying, though). But the condition that Agatha gave, Wanda understood that she has the moral obligation not to give her power to an evil witch, no matter the personal cost. Agatha offered Wanda to keep Westview as it is, Agatha offered Wanda to split it up and release the people, Agatha offered Wanda to release her of the burden, and Wanda stood her ground to do what’s morally right.

Agatha got an … interesting punishment, and it really stands out that unlike most MCU villains she wasn’t killed off. I think there will be crises that will make Wanda and her grudgingly work together, and eventually Agatha could become Wanda’s mentor afterall. I am just frustrated the show never really showed what Agatha’s motivations are. A bit more insight into her character would have helped.

Monica finally got rewarded for believing that below all that grief and frightening power Wanda is a good person. Wanda’s final line to her “I don’t understand this power, but I will” was perfect.

With Agatha not preferable right now, I kinda like it that Wanda chose to learn on her own. Just maybe she shouldn’t have started with the most dangerous magic book in existence, *lol*. But then again with an entire chapter devoted to her, she needs to know what’s coming for her to be able to repel the dark prophecy. Also I am wondering if her using an astral-projection is more than a gimmick. Maybe she does that to protect her from the corrupting influence of the Darkhold, keep her physical body a few meters apart from it when it’s active.

I am thrilled that we finally get elements that belong to Chthon! I think that is what the prophecy of Wanda destroying the word is all about. I am not even worried about that, we know that is something Wanda will be able to repel, and keep the Chaos Magic for her own heroic purposes. Also now I totally wanna see Wanda as a small puppet, haha!

In the recent weeks I’ve made it very clear how worried I was about how where this show will take Wanda, how her character will be looked at by the real audience. Now I am glad that I saw it through. Long before the show was announced I saw a Movie-Version of HoM as a Damocles-Sword over Wanda. The producers took this story, that did so much damage to Wanda, and turned it into a triumph. It may not quite feel like that, because it’s so sad. But this was the ultimate trial for Wanda’s character, up to the point where even she herself was wondering if she is a good person. Yet she set things right and prevailed against all evil influence and temptation. Compare that to the deranged woman she was at the end of HoM where she gave up herself and erased her own memory! This right here is defining for her, and therefore I am not worried for her future in the MCU anymore. She very well might cause more problems with her powers, but I believe that it will be done in a way that people can sympathize with her. Because now it is established that Wanda is good at heart, no matter what. And in “Infinty War” and “Endgame” we have seen her being heroic in things that she didn’t cause, it should be only a matter of time until we see that again.

If someone is wondering how people are really feeling about Wanda now, instead of sensationalist sites like this and equally bad video-channels, I highly recommend reaction videos for the episodes. The way Wanda has emotionally engaged people is truly amazing!
    You said this so well, better than me, but the point that Wanda has seemingly decided to teach herself 'control' as in learning spell craft and the whys, wherefores and wisdom of it, is great. I know others talked about this too because most of did not want Wanda to be "trained by a man", Dr. Strange. I would like to see Agatha return in some form, somewhat contrite and willing to atone as well.

I think that a possible interesting way to go about DS2 would be to imply by opening, that Strange and Wanda have been in touch since Westview and before their movie.
    I would like to see a test of wills and or her humility vs his (still) arrogance.
    I think the difference with / to some degree Dr. Strange and his type have learned how to cast spells and control 'forces'. Wanda is the force, really and that is why this should mirror what happened when she met Agatha; that she learned how to really control her energy/magic. So I think she is more powerful.
    And I wonder about the role of Rachel McAdams, Strange's on again off again lover, Dr. Palmer. She was not used very well in the first movie, but now I get the feeling she is bound to be more important. Is she possibly more than 'Dr. Palmer'. It would be one of those Buffy like twists that she actually turns out to be (some form of) Clea, sorta spying on on Dr. Strange.
    I guess whether or not that kind of plot could happen depends on how things catch up with the other projects. I don't even remember if the next Spiderman is supposed to be out before Strange 2, I think it might be.
    Again, for me, I can't say how relieved and happy I am, if the mutant/daughter of the Mags will not happen. Let the X-Men find their own way, as Nick Adams once said of Godzilla and Rodan, way back in Monster Zero!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

That could have likely been hinting at kids being kept away from their parents because of the forced roles everyone was having to play in this pocket reality.