Page 238 of 283 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not a usual anime watcher, so the songs always throw me off a bit! I was watching the Singular Point latest trailer, and halfway through this anime rock song plays and I was like "What?"
    Then you are missing out a lot Anime has a lot of stuff that is irritating to me and other Western people, to put it mildly. But they often have unique storytelling that makes it more then worth it

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I know it wouldn't have been popular with the general MCU audience but I would have liked to have seen one or two more "sitcom" inspired episodes. Vision never really got to spend much time on screen with the boys (and his relationship with Wanda was beginning to become strained with their introduction). I feel like the kids had more on screen chemistry in the show with their "uncle" who turned out to be nothing but an unrelated boner joke. It would have been nice to see the entire family together in more scenes other than the final battle. (A Christmas themed episode would have been great...)
    A few days ago the producers confirmed that they had to cut the production short due to the shutdowns. Looks to me they prioritized and cut short everything that is not Wanda. I hope that eventually Wanda re-assembles her family in the real world and we get more of it.

I don't care much how Evan Peters was used (his scenes were great though), but I get that many fans are upset. Making a boner joke of it was a bit much. That comes of as making fun of the fans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Then you are missing out a lot Anime has a lot of stuff that is irritating to me and other Western people, to put it mildly. But they often have unique storytelling that makes it more then worth it
    I'm going to watch Singular Point. I hope it's good!

I do know people who watch anime
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 03-15-2021 at 07:13 AM.

I know it could be her hair, but it also looks very tentacle like.. could it be Shuma Gorath?

Extraordinary Member

Chthon in Carnage 2016 also has tentacles.
    Again, it would be disappointing to assign Darkhold to another deity/demon.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I know it could be her hair, but it also looks very tentacle like.. could it be Shuma Gorath?
    If you look at it a little differently - take into account negative space and all that. It sort of looks like the Semi Circle behind 'her' head is actually the face/head of a demon/creature and the crown is part of it's upper jaw, and the hair are tentacles.

So the way I'm looking at it, it sort of looks like a woman possessed by a tentacled version of Chthon.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still more time with them than he's really gotten in the comics.
    Oh absolutely

Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-15-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I know it wouldn't have been popular with the general MCU audience but I would have liked to have seen one or two more "sitcom" inspired episodes. Vision never really got to spend much time on screen with the boys (and his relationship with Wanda was beginning to become strained with their introduction). I feel like the kids had more on screen chemistry in the show with their "uncle" who turned out to be nothing but an unrelated boner joke. It would have been nice to see the entire family together in more scenes other than the final battle. (A Christmas themed episode would have been great...)
    I actually feel they did a good job with the boys & Vision's relationship (Billy in particular comes off like a total daddy's boy, while Tommy was usually paired with Wanda, very interesting take on the writers part but I loved it). You could really feel the love the way Vision's voice broke when they put the kids to sleep, "Night Chaps" melted even my frigid heart a little bit. I would like to see him develop a bond with Billy & Tommy in 616 I know their grown now, but I think it could be a really interesting dynamic going forward.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I actually feel they did a good job with the boys & Vision's relationship (Billy in particular comes off like a total daddy's boy, while Tommy was usually paired with Wanda, very interesting take on the writers part but I loved it). You could really feel the love the way Vision's voice broke when they put the kids to sleep, "Night Chaps" melted even my frigid heart a little bit. I would like to see him develop a bond with Billy & Tommy in 616 I know their grown now, but I think it could be a really interesting dynamic going forward.
    I do think they did a good job with what little they showed. Of course now White Vision has no attachment to them, so I doubt he'll be too involved with them going forward in the MCU

Extraordinary Member

So I wish they'd explained this in the show itself, but I was trying to figure out when Wanda became fully aware of what was going on. In episodes 1 and 2 she seems to be mostly confused and only breaking character for a few words at a time ("Vision, help him" and "no"). She actually tries to tell Vision about the strange things that have been happening in episode 2, so at that point she's not trying to keep secrets from him.

It seems like episode 3 is a turning point because after the experience of giving birth, she breaks out of her own spell, her accent comes back, she lets a "real world" moment onto the show for the first time, she remembers how Vision died, etc. From that point on she knows that she and Vision can't ever leave the Hex, though she may not know exactly why.

Lizzie did a good job in episode 5 of showing that Wanda is really faking the character of the sitcom mom. While in episode 2 she seemed much more into her character. By the time they get to the '80s she knows this is not the real her, but she won't stop trying to stay in character even after no one else is bothering to.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    So I wish they'd explained this in the show itself, but I was trying to figure out when Wanda became fully aware of what was going on. In episodes 1 and 2 she seems to be mostly confused and only breaking character for a few words at a time ("Vision, help him" and "no"). She actually tries to tell Vision about the strange things that have been happening in episode 2, so at that point she's not trying to keep secrets from him.

It seems like episode 3 is a turning point because after the experience of giving birth, she breaks out of her own spell, her accent comes back, she lets a "real world" moment onto the show for the first time, she remembers how Vision died, etc. From that point on she knows that she and Vision can't ever leave the Hex, though she may not know exactly why.

Lizzie did a good job in episode 5 of showing that Wanda is really faking the character of the sitcom mom. While in episode 2 she seemed much more into her character. By the time they get to the '80s she knows this is not the real her, but she won't stop trying to stay in character even after no one else is bothering to.
    I think at times she has lucidity and anger before denial takes over again. She is working through the stages but it's not cut and dry. There are setbacks.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    If you look at it a little differently - take into account negative space and all that. It sort of looks like the Semi Circle behind 'her' head is actually the face/head of a demon/creature and the crown is part of it's upper jaw, and the hair are tentacles.

So the way I'm looking at it, it sort of looks like a woman possessed by a tentacled version of Chthon.
    Yeah I'd guess it's this version of Chthon.

Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think at times she has lucidity and anger before denial takes over again. She is working through the stages but it's not cut and dry. There are setbacks.
    I think a good breakdown of What Our MCU Wanda went threw can be given straight from a Therapist’s Viewpoint, this should help you both out.

This Video was posted on Wanda’s thread just yesterday, it gives good medical viewpoints on what she went threw;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I do think they did a good job with what little they showed. Of course now White Vision has no attachment to them, so I doubt he'll be too involved with them going forward in the MCU
    This is true but that lack of attachment could be a great storyline for the Twins!! Imagine you die/dissappear with a perfect memory of your father being this loving all around perfect dad & then he comes back with no clue as to who you are or attachment of any kind such delicious drama!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This is true but that lack of attachment could be a great storyline for the Twins!! Imagine you die/dissappear with a perfect memory of your father being this loving all around perfect dad & then he comes back with no clue as to who you are or attachment of any kind such delicious drama!!
    It would be quite disturbing for them! Especially when he regains his emotions and identity but without being attached to them.