Page 24 of 283 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Last we saw Wanda, she was a fugitive.

She was a fugitive living in Europe with Vision.
    Then Infinity War happened, then she got dusted, then she snapped back and went to Tony's funeral.
    But... is she still considered a fugitive? Was she working WITH SWORD when all this TV Land shit went down?

So many questions.
    I remember the Russos saying the Sokovia Accords are still active. But I cannot find the source on that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It is exciting. Totally agree with you there. But I do get the sense that even fans of the show want more clues as to where this story is going. There have been complaints that the plot hasn't really moved forward for the first three episodes, but I think things are shifting now. Or at least I hope so. But I still want more sitcom shenanigans.
    We live in an ADHD world hellbent on instant gratification, streaming services and zero patience.
    Let them cry.
    Their tears are both silly and delicious.

Remember how Schaeffer and Feige mentioned how the Twilight Zone heavily influenced the making of WandaVision? I wondered were they talking about the black and white version or the more modern one from the 80s. Noted author and screenwriter Richard Matheson wrote many wonderful and brilliant episodes for that show. One of them was Button, Button which was based on his own short story. That episode featured some horror and over-the-top humorous acting like WandaVision does. But I thought that episode was much better paced than any of the three of the WandaVision ones. I know it's not really fair to compare apples and oranges here, but I was hoping WandaVision would be closer to what the Twilight Zone was. Here is Button, Button you YouTube (this episode was quite famous as I recall, despite its obvious 80s production values):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBEC2A1uwt4

They made Button, Button into a feature length film over a decade ago called the Box. It was not successful because they stretched out the movie for TOO long. I don't think WandaVision will make the same mistake, but I think the slow burn is "boring" some watchers. I would love for them to be as engaged as they are in the Mandalorian, you know? And I agree with you, I think Agnes will help Wanda and Vision out when the occasion calls for it.
    I can your correlation.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I can your correlation.
    Thank you for your input. I quite liked that episode myself.

We live in an ADHD world hellbent on instant gratification, streaming services and zero patience.
    Let them cry.
    Their tears are both silly and delicious.
    LOL! I gotta be real though. I've shed a few tears myself.

LOL! I gotta be real though. I've shed a few tears myself.
    Oh I am RAVENOUS. I too have grown VERY accustomed to the NOW NOW NOW of television.

I am getting up at 4am on Fridays to see each new episode because I don't trust my own restraint to not seek out spoilers when I'm at work. hahaha.

Oh yeah, I've long given up on Wanda and Vision having a family together. It's just way too late for that now. I apologize for not being clear. I think Vision and Wanda as a couple is toast. I was referring to Marvel couples in general. But I'm surprised that Marvel and DC are allowing "A-list" characters to have stable relationships (Jean and Scott). I remember reading about Jean and Scott in the 90s, and the TREMENDOUS amount of drama between them and Madelyne Pryor and Wolverine. Then after returning to comics I discovered there was even MORE drama when Scott hooked up with Emma Frost (that was very shocking to me). So I figured comic book writers just like that kind of dysfunction. I'm really surprised in 2021, Marvel is "letting" Jean and Cyclops have a family life. I wonder if Mister Sinister is the godfather of those kids.
    Well, on the 90's Jean and Scott were also in a stable relationship, you're mistaking it for the 80's.

I don't think there's a strict rule at Marvel. Even back when they were ruining all marriages they still had Jessica Jones and Luke Cage get married and have a kid. These days they do seem less focused on destroying relationships, but I guess it varies from writer to writer and editor to editor.

And, actually, I thought now that maybe Wanda and Vis could still have more of a family life. Viv still lives with him afaik, and Wanda is her "aunt" in the same sense that Simon was the twins' uncle. She and Wanda were shown together on the last issue of Vision and I think it'd be nice to establish a step-mother/daughter relationship between them. Billy and Tommy can be the slightly older kids who moved out of the house (in a figurative sense, as they never actually lived there lol) but come to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, on the 90's Jean and Scott were also in a stable relationship, you're mistaking it for the 80's.

I don't think there's a strict rule at Marvel. Even back when they were ruining all marriages they still had Jessica Jones and Luke Cage get married and have a kid. These days they do seem less focused on destroying relationships, but I guess it varies from writer to writer and editor to editor.

And, actually, I thought now that maybe Wanda and Vis could still have more of a family life. Viv still lives with him afaik, and Wanda is her "aunt" in the same sense that Simon was the twins' uncle. She and Wanda were shown together on the last issue of Vision and I think it'd be nice to establish a step-mother/daughter relationship between them. Billy and Tommy can be the slightly older kids who moved out of the house (in a figurative sense, as they never actually lived there lol) but come to visit.
    The problem isn't really the relationship with the kids and Wanda or Vision but Wanda and Vision themselves. They still care about each other but fell out of love a long while ago. They annulled when Busiek's run was still going. And that was before Wanda had Vision torn a part.

Oh I am RAVENOUS. I too have grown VERY accustomed to the NOW NOW NOW of television.

I am getting up at 4am on Fridays to see each new episode because I don't trust my own restraint to not seek out spoilers when I'm at work. hahaha.
    LOL! I'm actually new at streaming so I'm sort of understanding now why people are into instant gratification. The twenty minute episodes per week just can't whet my appetite. I need to see more of the plot. But that's my problem, not Disney's. Judging from your excitement for this series, it's probably better for you to watch it early in the morning. I don't think you will be able to exercise any sort of self-control when it comes to seeking out spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Oh yes, I have my decades messed up. Sorry about that. My bad. A family life with Wanda and Vision without the romance could be nice. Exes can still be friends. Unless they are mentioned on Maury. Then they will most likely be romantic rivals to the guests on the show. I do wonder if the writers and editors at Marvel have fucked up personal lives and that bleeds into the stories that they publish.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The problem isn't really the relationship with the kids and Wanda or Vision but Wanda and Vision themselves. They still care about each other but fell out of love a long while ago. They annulled when Busiek's run was still going. And that was before Wanda had Vision torn a part.
    The way I see it is that Wanda was married to Megatron. Then Megatron was resurrected as Galvatron. They are actually two different dudes. That's how I look at the two Visions. The current Vision is Galvatron.

The way I see it is that Wanda was married to Megatron. Then Megatron was resurrected as Galvatron. They are actually two different dudes. That's how I look at the two Visions. The current Vision is Galvatron.
    Both characters are honestly so different from their past selves.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Both characters are honestly so different from their past selves.
    Yeah, I agree.

Incredible Member

It's weird. For a long time, I had believed that if superheroes and/or supervillains got married and had kids, things would get boring and stale. And that's why comic book writers avoided writing stories about those subjects. But after watching WandaVision, I just think they're being lazy. I actually think "will they, won't they" stories are REALLY boring and stale in my opinion. And what really surprised me is that PLENTY of people don't like them either. I'm in the "let's get on with it" camp. I'm truly impressed with what Schaeffer and company have been doing in making Wanda and Vision such an interesting couple. I wonder if comic book writers will take note?
    Well, I do remember that one of the reasons why Spider-Man's marriage to Mary Jane Watson was annulled, was because Marvel didn't think the audience would be interested in reading about a married couple, due to such a relationship being "unrelatable".