Page 245 of 283 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I was enthused about Loki's TEMPORARILY after seeing that trailer of his in December SOLELY because I love the story of D.B. Cooper. But now, after several months passing by, I just wish they retired the character. Villains should never be celebrated (unless they're D.B. Cooper).
    I don't think villains should be celebrated either, even if we enjoy them. However, I'll wait to see if the show actually condones his actions or not

I'm not interested in more villain shows though because there are more heroes and I think they need focus

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    First movie sure. But not Thor 2 for sure. Where he was imprisoned by his own family and still made it out. Not only that but got his own mother murdered. Now a version of him is still roaming around free from imprisonment.

Also, Loki is one I'll accept having different versions since that is sort of his thing. He comes back, has a kid version, teen and other versions. This is just his other universe version from where the stones were taken.
    As much as I absolutely LOVE Hiddleston, I think he should retire his role after the first season of Loki. Finish on top I say. Other Lokis can take over as you mention. Loki committed a lot of "evil" acts BEFORE he got his own show. When Doctor Doom and Magneto get theirs, at least they won't already have done anything bad at that point! And isn't "this" Loki a version of that character who DIDN'T appear in Thor 2? I think he's from that first Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think villains should be celebrated either, even if we enjoy them. However, I'll wait to see if the show actually condones his actions or not

I'm not interested in more villain shows though because there are more heroes and I think they need focus
    I agree. But I feel for sure we're gonna get Doctor Doom and Magneto shows. And they're definitely villains so I'm not thrilled they're gonna get shows when probably a lot of other heroes won't.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly besides the dog;

Their was a net body count of people homes coming Too Life! You had Vision rebuilt so he is back in some form, the Vision that was on Westview is likely in Wanda’s mind and hearts so I count that as even, but Wanda’s kids are likely to be coming back now with what is being teased with DS2 and stuff for Young Avengers so WandaVision added more life then took when you think about it.
    That's right, Wanda gave life instead of taking it away!

Ultimate Member

I agree. But I feel for sure we're gonna get Doctor Doom and Magneto shows. And they're definitely villains so I'm not thrilled they're gonna get shows when probably a lot of other heroes won't.
    Why do we need those? Magneto already dominated the X-Men movies. Give actual X-Men a try.

As for Doom, I'm not his biggest fan but he could fit into a hero show.

Plus, I've said before, if they can do villains without heroes, why can't they do heroes without villains? If they want to change it up, maybe not every hero needs to fight some big menace in every movie or show.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda didn't take any lives. People just treat her like she did.
    You can't believe how happy I am that Wanda didn't take any lives. So she's doing better on screen than in the comic books. You should know that I have no desire to see Wanda "punished". I don't wanna see her go on trial, put in prison, exiled to Mars, or executed or anything like that. I would actually really like her to take on a leadership role in a future Avengers team. I wouldn't even be so critical of how she was portrayed in WandaVision if the people she was torturing were "bad" or if she was "mind-controlled". But since she did what she did and KNEW that the people of Westview were innocent when she was doing it, I think it would be good for her to somehow TRY and "fix" what she broke there. To fly away when the sirens were wailing was not a good look as I've said before. Wanda deserves tons and tons of sympathy, and she's GETTING it. But I would prefer her to try and do right by the people of Westview EVEN if they don't forgive her.

Why do we need those? Magneto already dominated the X-Men movies. Give actual X-Men a try.

As for Doom, I'm not his biggest fan but he could fit into a hero show.

Plus, I've said before, if they can do villains without heroes, why can't they do heroes without villains? If they want to change it up, maybe not every hero needs to fight some big menace in every movie or show.
    I really REALLY liked that for eight out of the nine episodes of WandaVision Wanda didn't have any external villains to fight. But Marvel went back to their tired formula of having a big third act CGI fest which I felt detracted from the spirit of the show.

Ultimate Member

I really REALLY liked that for eight out of the nine episodes of WandaVision Wanda didn't have any external villains to fight. But Marvel went back to their tired formula of having a big third act CGI fest which I felt detracted from the spirit of the show.
    I actually wanted to see her and Vision use their powers in battle tbh, after seeing them get nerfed and then have to be saved by weaker heroes like falcon and Okoye.

My problem stems from the assumption that to be entertaining there always needs to be some kind of bad guy. These characters have entertaining personalities and powers. That's all we really need

I actually wanted to see her and Vision use their powers in battle tbh, after seeing them get nerfed and then have to be saved by weaker heroes like falcon and Okoye.

My problem stems from the assumption that to be entertaining there always needs to be some kind of bad guy. These characters have entertaining personalities and powers. That's all we really need
    I agree with you about the characters not needing bad guys to be compelling. I think they could have saved the CGI stuff for the Multiverse of Madness and whatever show/movie White Vision will show up in. Plus, the CGI would probably be better if Wanda and Vision appeared in future movies.

I agree with you about the characters not needing bad guys to be compelling. I think they could have saved the CGI stuff for the Multiverse of Madness and whatever show/movie White Vision will show up in. Plus, the CGI would probably be better if Wanda and Vision appeared in future movies.
    The CGI was pretty good throughout the series. The fact that Visions face was all CG, I never even noticed till the making of. Then the actual fight in the finale was really well done and still mostly done on wires. The only flaws came down to possibly some rushing due to the pandemic. Even then, it looked really great. I don’t think any of that diminished the greatness that came before it or ruined what the series had going on after it.

Ultimate Member

I think the CGI was pretty good for the most part.

Perhaps the screen writers need to find ways of showing their powers without ramping it up to a fight with a villain. Arguably WandaVision didn't really need a big bad.

I'm hoping Marvel Studios considers not doing a villain for at least one of their projects, like maybe CM2

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The issue with the whole idea of Wanda facing realistic consequences to her actions, and this is the last I'll say on the matter because at this point it should be a dead subject (we're in the TF&TWS era now, let's discuss Bucky's and Sam's crimes now!), is that the show wrote themselves into a corner, and there was only one way in which her story could go, and that was to Doctor Strange. We already knew this. We knew the show was a setup to the movie, that was originally supposed to come out only a couple of months after the season finale. Wanda was never going to be allowed to stay in Westview to make amends and/or turn herself to the authorities, because that wouldn't have furthered the plot that Marvel actually had for her.

And that's not just a meta explanation: if you look at what the show actually did with her character, there just wasn't any way she could've stayed there. She had to go, because with the kind of power she had by the end of the show, there was nothing anyone else there could've done for her, and, as a matter of fact, staying would've made things worse. The show made it pretty clear Wanda cannot trust the authorities; look at what S.W.O.R.D. did to Vision, and they did it USING HER OWN POWERS! Why the fuck would she just cooperate with them, knowing very well they would probably just see her as a weapon AND utilize her as such? And then what happens next? More chaos and destruction, but this time much worse, because her powers would be at the mercy of people who don't have the same moral codes she does. She knew that she was the person who had to be in control of that power, so she did right by not letting the authorities get anywhere near her. Staying just for the residents of Westview wouldn't work either, because that was quite literally her crime scene. That would be the first place where they would be looking for her. Staying there would not only be useless, but actually endanger everyone else in Westview, because people WOULD go there just to start shit with her. If not the authorities, then another Agatha Harkness type of person who seeks her power. So what would be the point? Why put those people in the line of fire after she had already messed them up? It may not have been ''nice'', but leaving them was the best option at that moment. She knew she was a ticking bomb, and she didn't wanna explode around those people again.

In conclusion: the only person who she really needed in her life after WandaVision was Doctor Strange. He is the guy who not only has the knowledge, but empathy and good intentions to understand and help her with those powers, to make sure that what happened in Westview won't happen again. That was THE responsible thing she could do. And that is why the ending of WandaVision was the best it could be for me. I wouldn't have changed a thing.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-19-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The CGI was pretty good throughout the series. The fact that Visions face was all CG, I never even noticed till the making of. Then the actual fight in the finale was really well done and still mostly done on wires. The only flaws came down to possibly some rushing due to the pandemic. Even then, it looked really great. I don’t think any of that diminished the greatness that came before it or ruined what the series had going on after it.
    I just felt that some of the stuff during that fight in the library looked "off" to me. I also thought Agatha's "Medusa" look was odd too. I guess I found it really funny that Wanda proved her superiority in battle because her different colored lasers were more powerful than Agatha's. LOL!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The issue with the whole idea of Wanda facing realistic consequences to her actions, and this is the last I'll say on the matter because at this point it should be a dead subject (we're in the TF&TWS era now, let's discuss Bucky's and Sam's crimes now!), is that the show wrote themselves into a corner, and there was only one way in which her story could go, and that was to Doctor Strange. We already knew this. We knew the show was a setup to the movie, that was originally supposed to come out only a couple of months after the season finale. Wanda was never going to be allowed to stay in Westview to make amends and/or turn herself to the authorities, because that wouldn't have furthered the plot that Marvel actually had for her.

And that's not just a meta explanation: if you look at what the show actually did with her character, there just wasn't any way she could've stayed there. She had to go, because with the kind of power she had by the end of the show, there was nothing anyone else there could've done for her, and, as a matter of fact, staying would've made things worse. The show made it pretty clear Wanda cannot trust the authorities; look at what S.W.O.R.D. did to Vision, and they did it USING HER OWN POWERS! Why the fuck would she just cooperate with them, knowing very well they would probably just see her as a weapon AND utilize her as such? And then what happens next? More chaos and destruction, but this time much worse, because her powers would be at the mercy of people who don't have the same moral codes she does. She knew that she was the person who had to be in control of that power, so she did right by not letting the authorities get anywhere near her. Staying just for the residents of Westview wouldn't work either, because that was quite literally her crime scene. That would be the first place where they would be looking for her. Staying there would not only be useless, but actually endanger everyone else in Westview, because people WOULD go there just to start shit with her. If not the authorities, then another Agatha Harkness type of person who seeks her power. So what would be the point? Why put those people in the line of fire after she had already messed them up? It may not have been ''nice'', but leaving them was the best option at that moment.

In conclusion: the only person who she really needed in her life after WandaVision was Doctor Strange. He is the guy who not only has the acknowledge, but empathy and good intentions to understand and help her with those powers, to make sure that what happened in Westview won't happen again. That was THE responsible thing she could do. And that is why the ending of WandaVision was the best it could be for me. I wouldn't have changed a thing.
    Perhaps they should have considered all that before writing themselves into a corner.

I just felt that some of the stuff during that fight in the library looked "off" to me. I also thought Agatha's "Medusa" look was odd too. I guess I found it really funny that Wanda proved her superiority in battle because her different colored lasers were more powerful than Agatha's. LOL!
    Ok. I do wish they used their magic in more ingenious ways

As much as I absolutely LOVE Hiddleston, I think he should retire his role after the first season of Loki. Finish on top I say. Other Lokis can take over as you mention. Loki committed a lot of "evil" acts BEFORE he got his own show. When Doctor Doom and Magneto get theirs, at least they won't already have done anything bad at that point! And isn't "this" Loki a version of that character who DIDN'T appear in Thor 2? I think he's from that first Avengers movie.
    I'm the opposite. I'd like to see Loki join up, even tentatively with other magic users.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.