Page 248 of 283 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I find it less relevant when oppressed groups can speak for themselves. I don't need a metaphor

Plus, the X-Men have a lot of other stories not yet touched by cinema
    Yes they can do those stories too, or both I am not picky Fox did well with the metaphor most casual fans already know about that, the MCU can work with the character development which was what Fox movies lacked with the exception of Logan, Charles and sometimes Magneto. Fox Mystique wasnīt Raven.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Bad or not, not they aren't judge jury and executioner. Those people aren't around to atone for their crimes. They are not living anymore. The other people in the neighborhood felt Wanda's sadness that she felt for days and couldn't see their kids. They should get therapy and so should Wanda. They will be fine. Sure Widow was trained to be bad and Winter Soldier was mind controlled, but not everyone they murdered was bad. And they aren't around anymore to get better.

I don't know what people unhappy with Wanda fleeing want. If she stayed there, that would just piss them off more. She's always got these no win situations. Where saying sorry isn't enough. And people expect her to do things, but if she did those things, it's either still not enough or she shouldn't have done that either. That goes for comics as well. There's nothing she could do to make up for it. But those people will get better and are still alive. Free of her emotions and memories.
    As I said previously, I don't believe in extrajudicial killings. Even if the "victims" are "evil". But I get why audience members would think it's fine and believe those folks are just getting their just desserts. I personally don't feel that way, but others do. And I do believe Wanda should get therapy. But she's not doing that. She's reading a strange book about dark magic and in a very fragile mental state. If the show was truly about mental health, like it was advertised to be, she should be consulting therapists. That would have been a weird ending to an MCU show, but it would have made sense for Wanda. I think she also could have reached out to the Avengers who are still around. I just think it's a bad message for people watching that show that folks suffering from trauma should be alone in difficult times! So I don't mind her "fleeing" Westview just as long as she pledges to Monica at least that she will TRY to fix things. I still don't understand why posters here think that's such a huge ask. I really don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I do agree Wanda had no choice but to leave. And I don't think her sticking around to be a town pariah would have been very productive. I also believe for her to learn and understand her powers is a logical thing for her to do. I just disagree with her holing up in some cabin with a somewhat "sinister" book is a good idea. If Doctor Strange showed up and took her under his care, it would have made TOTAL sense to me. He probably knows some therapists who could help her and we now know that there ARE therapists in the MCU. Sure it's probably a little sexist, but it would have taken a bit of the sting away from what happened in Westview. The show put Wanda in a really tough position for NO GOOD REASON. If Wanda told Monica I'm gonna make this right someway, somehow, that would have been helpful too.
    Itīs the Darkhold so a "sinister Wanda" is a given but I got interested with the writer talking about her duality, I think when she learns the origin of her powers and in looking to stop herself from being the "end of the world" , she will lost some of her powers but will keep enough to be an Avenger.

Like Agatha said, she doesnīt know what sheīs doing, her problem is not her power but her lack of training that make her do real dissasters because they are highly affected by her negative emotions, things will go bad for her before she learns the cost of using the Darkhold but I am hopeful she will learn and grow as a character and person in the end.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-19-2021 at 06:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I do agree Wanda had no choice but to leave. And I don't think her sticking around to be a town pariah would have been very productive. I also believe for her to learn and understand her powers is a logical thing for her to do. I just disagree with her holing up in some cabin with a somewhat "sinister" book is a good idea. If Doctor Strange showed up and took her under his care, it would have made TOTAL sense to me. He probably knows some therapists who could help her and we now know that there ARE therapists in the MCU. Sure it's probably a little sexist, but it would have taken a bit of the sting away from what happened in Westview. The show put Wanda in a really tough position for NO GOOD REASON. If Wanda told Monica I'm gonna make this right someway, somehow, that would have been helpful too.
    Holing up in a cabin is comic book character tradition. And we don't know if she can read from the book just fine. She is a legend in it. Doctor Strange getting her therapy would take away some of her autonomy. She should be let to get that on her own. Also seek out his help on her own. Not need to be chided or cared for by some man. That's sending the wrong message and not undoing some of the more sexist tropes with AD/HoM.

And Wanda said she's gonna understand her powers. She can't make things right anymore than that. Again it's putting these standards on her that she can't fulfill just to keep demonizing her. Because no matter what it won't be enough. It's never enough. Even in comics where she died and was gone for months wasn't enough. She can say she's sorry right to people. Remove possession. Not do it again, etc. The hate boner continues. I'm really exhausted of it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe MoM will clear that up
    I hate it when problems caused in one show/movie will have to be dealt with in shows and movies later. I get that things are connected in the MCU, but I don't want to watch multiple movies/shows in which Wanda struggles through her grief and trauma. It's a downer, you know. I get that it's realistic, but it's also realistic for people to recover from those things (to a certain extent) in real life as well. I would hate to see it dragged out and cause problems for her later on (and I think you folks know what kind of problems I'm talking about). I like to see characters solve problems initiated in their own shows to a significant degree without having being told that they will be addressed in the MCU's "next project or projects"!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Itīs the Darkhold so a "sinister Wanda" is a given but I got interested with the writer talking about her duality, I think when she learns the origin of her powers and in looking to stop herself from being the "end of the world" , she will lost some of her powers but will keep enough to be an Avenger.
    It's really not because it doesn't work the same as the book in comics. Agatha did not set Chthon free nor become possessed by him. And she was power hungry before reading from it, so it wasn't the book that made her the way she is. She can keep her powers, but learn how to control them.

Doctor Strange: Astral reads from dark dangerous tomes before he's even the Sorcerer Supreme or even properly trained.

Fans: That's so great

Wanda: Astral reads from a dark dangerous tome before even being trained.

Fans: She's evil! She's gonna commit M-day only in reverse and bring about mutants, Spider-man from alt universes and the F4.

I donīt know, the writer said Agatha wasnīt bad per see but she has been alone for a loong time and in the series she was called off for using the "Darkest of magics" so I could buy that despite not being completely controlled by the Darkhold she still openly showed the book to Wanda and told her the scarlet with would bring the end of the wolrd and that she had to be "forged" now Wanda is reading it openly and hearing her Childrenīs voices, this sounds to me like something Chton would like her to do to set him free while she looks for her children.

I am not saying she will be the antagonist but Wanda is not exactly in a good place at the end of WandaVision and I think MoM will address this more openly.

Holing up in a cabin is comic book character tradition. And we don't know if she can read from the book just fine. She is a legend in it. Doctor Strange getting her therapy would take away some of her autonomy. She should be let to get that on her own. Also seek out his help on her own. Not need to be chided or cared for by some man. That's sending the wrong message and not undoing some of the more sexist tropes with AD/HoM.

And Wanda said she's gonna understand her powers. She can't make things right anymore than that. Again it's putting these standards on her that she can't fulfill just to keep demonizing her. Because no matter what it won't be enough. It's never enough. Even in comics where she died and was gone for months wasn't enough. She can say she's sorry right to people. Remove possession. Not do it again, etc. The hate boner continues. I'm really exhausted of it.
    Why doesn't she rent a cheap downtown condo unit instead? Learning from that book is probably not disruptive enough to annoy her neighbors. Then she can get access to public transportation and therapists. I don't hate Wanda. Maybe my standards are for her a bit high. But I don't care as much about other characters as I do her. And I always have higher standards for people I admire and like. I KNOW Wanda's sorry. She TOLD Monica she was. So it's not about that. That last scene was SUCH a downer (with Westview's residents looking so mad at her) especially after such an emotional moment a few minutes before! And Monica blabbing those lines didn't help either. I apologize for exhausting you.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-19-2021 at 06:42 PM.

I donīt know, the writer said Agatha wasnīt bad per see but she has been alone for a loong time and in the series she was called off for using the "Darkest of magics" so I could buy that despite not being completely controlled by the Darkhold she still openly showed the book to Wanda and told her the scarlet with would bring the end of the wolrd and that she had to be "forged" now Wanda is reading it openly and hearing her Childrenīs voices, this sounds to me like something Chton would like her to do to set him free while she looks for her children.

I am not saying she will be the antagonist but Wanda is not exactly in a good place at the end of WandaVision and I think MoM will address this more openly.
    Agatha read from the book herself, and that didn't happen. Wanda also isn't in the book in comics. It's obviously very different here. And she's reading in astral form. So Wanda isn't even reading it herself. Agatha can not be bad per se and still power hungry. Which is why/how she sought out that power to begin with.

Why doesn't she rent a downtown condo unit instead? Learning from that book is probably not disruptive enough to annoy her neighbors. Then she can get access to public transportation and therapists. I don't hate Wanda. Maybe my standards are for her a bit high. But I don't care as much about other characters as I do her. And I always have higher standards for people I admire and like. I KNOW Wanda's sorry. She TOLD Monica she was. So it's not about that. It was just that last scene with the people of Westview staring at her was such a downer after such a emotional moment just a few minutes before. And Monica blabbing those lines didn't help either. I apologize for exhausting you.
    Because downtown condos aren't a comics character tradition. https://youtu.be/bVnHisJl7Uc?t=297
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-19-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Yes itīs different but those differences link her more than ever to the Darkhold, thatīs why I think she will get consequences from reading the book and yes, we know Agatha is power hungry but we donīt know if she was always like that or if she changed after getting in contact with the book.

The writer talked about Agatha being kind of Wandaīs therapist in friend in a very twisted way, I think they are looking to develop Agatha into becoming her mentor and her openly said to her "you donīt know what you are doing" thatīs a clear tease to me.

Because downtown condos aren't a comics character tradition. https://youtu.be/bVnHisJl7Uc?t=297
    But I think they should be. How's she gonna gas her Buick in that wilderness?! I'm assuming she still has it. LOL @ that video.

Yes itīs different but those differences link her more than ever to the Darkhold, thatīs why I think she will get consequences from reading the book and yes, we know Agatha is power hungry but we donīt know if she was always like that or if she changed after getting in contact with the book.

The writer talked about Agatha being kind of Wandaīs therapist in friend in a very twisted way, I think they are looking to develop Agatha into becoming her mentor and her openly said to her "you donīt know what you are doing" thatīs a clear tease to me.
    We know Agatha was like that because her coven explains it as part of her crimes. She sought out the power because she's power hungry. She was always like that. Reading from the book gave her knowledge and more dark power.

Which Wanda already wielded. Which is why she was shocked and told her what she wields is dark magic, it's chaos magic Wanda, which makes her the Scarlet Witch.

Agatha did some things that therapists do, but they don't do it that kind of abrasive way. That's not the kind of therapy she needs. She needs CBT. Agatha could become her mentor or forgotten. It's wide open.

Same with anything in that final credits scene. It's all based on assumption. We don't know what reading the book will do until we see DS2. But as I've said before, I don't expect that movie to be much about Wanda's issues, because the synopsis is not about her. And nor should it be. I think she finds out necessary information on her powers, and where her boys are at. The rest of the focus I think will be on Strange, his support and villains.

But I think they should be. How's she gonna gas her Buick in that wilderness?! I'm assuming she still has it.
    She flew away to the cabin, so likely just will fly out of there when she's done.

I m just saying what the writer of Wandavision said on her interviews, so yes, take it with a grain of salt but I think some of those themes are working on the storyline and yes Dr Strange movie will be about Dr Strange but this doesnīt mean it will not be also the second part of Wandavision story because they were thought as a trilogy along with Spider-Man movie, so while Wanda will not be the main protagonist, some of her issues will be addressed and the main one given the tease was her reading of the darkhold and the future of her kids so I am expecting that to be addressed on MoM.