Page 250 of 283 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The first episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier has some very human moments for Bucky so they likely will have more of that when it's necessary.
    Yes, I think more of that stuff will happen...In the television shows. Not so much the movies cause there's no time for that in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I also think Wanda's role will be quite substantial as well. It might be bigger than Vision's in WandaVision! That's why I'm concerned a little bit with the whole Wanda as an antagonist thing. Doubt she'll be a villain though.
    I think whatever role she'll have that antagonist would just ruin the whole working through grief and understanding her powers set up. It'd be like her going from Children's Crusade to what she was in Uncanny Avengers kind of regression. Which would be shit writing that I could live without. Not only that but it makes people that have a hate boner for Wanda happy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think whatever role she'll have that antagonist would just ruin the whole working through grief and understanding her powers set up. It'd be like her going from Children's Crusade to what she was in Uncanny Avengers kind of regression. Which would be shit writing that I could live without. Not only that but it makes people that have a hate boner for Wanda happy.
    People watching the movies and shows hate Wanda? I thought that was exclusively limited to the comic books. I believe the Scarlet Witch is quite popular on screen. The MCU has made her very sympathetic in my opinion. I do think the ending of her own show did cause some complications for her however. But you already know my thoughts on that.

People watching the movies and shows hate Wanda? I thought that was exclusively limited to the comic books. I believe the Scarlet Witch is quite popular on screen. The MCU has made her very sympathetic in my opinion. I do think the ending of her own show did cause some complications for her however. But you already know my thoughts on that.
    There are some people that do hate Wanda. A lot more that love her. I think it is limited to comics fandom but I've seen it in general in places. I don't know what their history with the character is. If they read her or just don't like her in general.

Ultimate Member

I hope they avoid that route as well

There are some people that do hate Wanda. A lot more that love her. I think it is limited to comics fandom but I've seen it in general in places. I don't know what their history with the character is. If they read her or just don't like her in general.
    I think Olsen's doing a pretty good job with the role. She seems like a very nice person and I think she's a lovely actress. However, I do understand why some Strange fans would be upset if she upstages him in his own movie. I hope Disney is not dumb enough to allow that to happen. I just gotta ask, do you think Wanda is gonna go back to Westview one day? Or would you just leave that thing alone?

I think Olsen's doing a pretty good job with the role. She seems like a very nice person and I think she's a lovely actress. However, I do understand why some Strange fans would be upset if she upstages him in his own movie. I hope Disney is not dumb enough to allow that to happen. I just gotta ask, do you think Wanda is gonna go back to Westview one day? Or would you just leave that thing alone?
    Oh I understand them too. Because I am both a Wanda fan and a Doctor Strange fan. And it absolutely should be his own story with her there for support. I hope they aren't dumb enough to do that whole upstage thing too. Because it's damaging both to Wanda and Stephen.

I'd leave Westview alone. The only thing that would do is remind people what happened. Let those people get the help they were starting to get from authorities and live out their lives in peace.

Ultimate Member

Black Panther upstaged Captain America for much of Civil War, at least to me, yet Captain America was still the main character. In fact during the airport battle I wasn't even paying much attention to Cap

That being said, I want Doctor Strange to get considerable focus

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Black Panther upstaged Captain America for much of Civil War, at least to me, yet Captain America was still the main character. In fact during the airport battle I wasn't even paying much attention to Cap

That being said, I want Doctor Strange to get considerable focus
    Yeah, Black Panther was better in Civil War than in his own movie! What a great introduction that was. Stephen should be the main focus of his own film. It's great Wanda is gonna be a big part of a Marvel MOVIE for once, but I don't think she should overshadow Strange. Just like those rumored characters appearing in Spider-Man 3 shouldn't overshadow Holland.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Black Panther was better in Civil War than in his own movie! What a great introduction that was. Stephen should be the main focus of his own film. It's great Wanda is gonna be a big part of a Marvel MOVIE for once, but I don't think she should overshadow Strange. Just like those rumored characters appearing in Spider-Man 3 shouldn't overshadow Holland.
    True. I thought BP had too many pointless supporting cast members. I only liked Okoye and Shuri.

I think Strange will be the focus and Scarlet Witch will have a role similar to Hulk in Ragnarok

I actually don't want the other two Spider-Men back in NWH

Oh I understand them too. Because I am both a Wanda fan and a Doctor Strange fan. And it absolutely should be his own story with her there for support. I hope they aren't dumb enough to do that whole upstage thing too. Because it's damaging both to Wanda and Stephen.

I'd leave Westview alone. The only thing that would do is remind people what happened. Let those people get the help they were starting to get from authorities and live out their lives in peace.
    I liked Strange and Wanda in the comics, but I was actually a little bit more into Ghost Rider and Daredevil during the 90s. I suppose they're both still popular now. I've gotten more interested in Strange because of Cumberbatch. He's very funny. If Wanda upstages Strange, MCU fans will have reason to be resentful of Wanda and I don't wanna have that happen. But Hulk didn't upstage Thor in Ragnarok. And Black Widow didn't upstage Cap in Winter Soldier. And Nick Fury didn't upstage Carol in Captain Marvel. So I think things should be fine. But director clashes are never good. Still don't understand why Derrickson left the project.

In regards to Westview, I still kind of don't understand why Feige and Schaeffer wanted to emphasize to audiences what Wanda was doing there was terrible They didn't have to do that. People wouldn't be concerned about "justice" for Westview if it wasn't for one scene in Episode 9. That's why I'm wondering will that have any repercussions for the Multiverse of Madness. It makes me sad that Wanda has been tainted as you have mentioned previously. I really enjoyed WandaVision but that kind of disappointed me to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True. I thought BP had too many pointless supporting cast members. I only liked Okoye and Shuri.

I think Strange will be the focus and Scarlet Witch will have a role similar to Hulk in Ragnarok

I actually don't want the other two Spider-Men back in NWH
    Not to sound sexist, but was there a need for THAT many women in Black Panther? It was too much for me in an already crowded movie. I think Strange will be the focus and Wanda will join him a bit later in the movie. And she should help the movie do better. Because without Banner in Ragnarok, that film might have sucked. I joke that if Maguire, Garfield, Stone, Dunst, Molina, Dafoe, Foxx, and Cox are ALL just fakeouts in Spider-Man 3, the MCU will have a revolution on their hands!

I liked Strange and Wanda in the comics, but I was actually a little bit more into Ghost Rider and Daredevil during the 90s. I suppose they're both still popular now. I've gotten more interested in Strange because of Cumberbatch. He's very funny. If Wanda upstages Strange, MCU fans will have reason to be resentful of Wanda and I don't wanna have that happen. But Hulk didn't upstage Thor in Ragnarok. And Black Widow didn't upstage Cap in Winter Soldier. And Nick Fury didn't upstage Carol in Captain Marvel. So I think things should be fine. But director clashes are never good. Still don't understand why Derrickson left the project.

In regards to Westview, I still kind of don't understand why Feige and Schaeffer wanted to emphasize to audiences what Wanda was doing there was terrible They didn't have to do that. People wouldn't be concerned about "justice" for Westview if it wasn't for one scene in Episode 9. That's why I'm wondering will that have any repercussions for the Multiverse of Madness. It makes me sad that Wanda has been tainted as you have mentioned previously. I really enjoyed WandaVision but that kind of disappointed me to be honest.
    I think they wanted to reference her entire history good and bad. And that they like characters to be flawed. I don't think they intend on making her a villain or antagonist. There was an interview where Liz Olsen was asked about that and she seemed surprised that people thought Wanda would be a villain, so that's probably not where the story is being lead.

Do you have a link to this?
    I'd be interested in seeing a link to this as well because I've never seen Derrickson specifically mention Wanda as the reason why he left the production. All I've ever seen Derrickson say that he left over creative differences. He knew that Wanda was going to be in the story, so that would not have been a surprise to him. Feige, Derrickson, Cumberbatch, and Olsen were all together on stage at a SDCC kickoff announcement in 2019. At that time, Derrickson said that he was interested in doing the film in order to explore the metaphysical horror aspects of Strange's origins in the comics. Given that, I suspect it's possible that Feige wanted to dial back the standalone, Strange-centric horror aspects of Derrickson's vision for the story and make it more accessible to the MCU audience overall. From all the interviews I've seen with Derrickson, he strikes me as being story focused whereas Feige/MCU execs are more interested in brand recognition and tight continuity with all the other MCU films. Ultimately it doesn't matter. Sam Raimi is an excellent director, and I'm sure he'll do a great job with the film.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I think they wanted to reference her entire history good and bad. And that they like characters to be flawed. I don't think they intend on making her a villain or antagonist. There was an interview where Liz Olsen was asked about that and she seemed surprised that people thought Wanda would be a villain, so that's probably not where the story is being lead.
    Well, I'm glad she didn't MURDER anybody, unlike some other heroes in the MCU. I mean, torture isn't great either, but at least the people in Westview can live to actually recover. I think it's POSSIBLE for Wanda to head back to Westview because Agatha is still stuck there. I do think the lengthy period between WandaVision and Strange 2 will cause people to forget about Westview. Things would be different if WandaVision ended and two weeks later Strange 2 was released in theaters. I actually think scripts were changed to involve the twin boys because of the delay. It would have been cheap to "revive" them so soon after WandaVision was over, but since more than a year would have passed when Strange 2 comes out, I suppose it's okay now.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-19-2021 at 08:33 PM.