Page 251 of 283 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think they wanted to reference her entire history good and bad. And that they like characters to be flawed. I don't think they intend on making her a villain or antagonist. There was an interview where Liz Olsen was asked about that and she seemed surprised that people thought Wanda would be a villain, so that's probably not where the story is being lead.
    I'm less optimistic, because I think one reason they ended the show the way they did is that they wanted to leave it ambiguous whether Wanda will become a hero or antagonist (she'll probably never be a full-fledged villain, but she doesn't have to be). That's one reason they didn't give her an "out" to make her less guilty for what happened to Westview, so we'll end the show not knowing for sure what lesson she's going to learn from all this.

So the final scene has her studying the Darkhold, and that could be a good thing, because it's the only known source of information on the powers of the Scarlet Witch, but it could also be a bad thing, because it's dark magic and Agatha was corrupted by it. She might break the rules again to get her children back, which would put her at odds with Strange, or she could team up with him, or both. We don't know if Westview has taught her that this kind of magic is wrong, or just that she screwed up and now she has the chance to do it right.

I'm not predicting which way they'll take her, but I do think they want to end the show in a way that suggests she's not an unambiguous hero. Hopefully this is the start of her journey to being a better person, but whether it is or not, they don't want us to know yet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Not to sound sexist, but was there a need for THAT many women in Black Panther? It was too much for me in an already crowded movie. I think Strange will be the focus and Wanda will join him a bit later in the movie. And she should help the movie do better. Because without Banner in Ragnarok, that film might have sucked. I joke that if Maguire, Garfield, Stone, Dunst, Molina, Dafoe, Foxx, and Cox are ALL just fakeouts in Spider-Man 3, the MCU will have a revolution on their hands!
    I don't think it was just the women. I didn't need W'Kabi or T'Challa's mentor (I forget his name now). I didn't feel I really needed his mother or Nakia. Whereas Okoye and Shuri were instantly memorable and entertaining to me (M'Baku had funny moments too). I'm not even a big Killmonger fan. I like T'Challa and I wanted to see more of him

I don't need Maguire, Stone, Dunst or Garfield at all. I'm only interested in Molina (and maybe Foxx to redeem his version)

Not to sound sexist, but was there a need for THAT many women in Black Panther? It was too much for me in an already crowded movie. I think Strange will be the focus and Wanda will join him a bit later in the movie. And she should help the movie do better. Because without Banner in Ragnarok, that film might have sucked. I joke that if Maguire, Garfield, Stone, Dunst, Molina, Dafoe, Foxx, and Cox are ALL just fakeouts in Spider-Man 3, the MCU will have a revolution on their hands!
    Being that the Dora Milaj are heavily featured since introduced, yes. And the MCU was woefully devoid of many women.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think it was just the women. I didn't need W'Kabi or T'Challa's mentor (I forget his name now). I didn't feel I really needed his mother or Nakia. Whereas Okoye and Shuri were instantly memorable and entertaining to me (M'Baku had funny moments too). I'm not even a big Killmonger fan. I like T'Challa and I wanted to see more of him

I don't need Maguire, Stone, Dunst or Garfield at all. I'm only interested in Molina (and maybe Foxx to redeem his version)
    They should have made Black Panther a live action film version of the Lion King with humans. Make it about family. No exes need apply. That totally would have worked. And I thought it was lame as hell that they STILL used gladiatorial combat to settle disputes in such an advanced society. I mean, come on man! Spider-Man 3 looks pretty crowded to me. I wonder if Foxx's Electro will have the gap in his front teeth restored. Boy, I hated those Amazing Spider-Man movies. Almost as much as I hated Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

Being that the Dora Milaj are heavily featured since introduced, yes. And the MCU was woefully devoid of many women.
    Yes, I agree women have been underrepresented in the movies. But I think that's rapidly changing. But I just think there were a LOT of characters in Black Panther. And the pacing in that film was weird because of that.

They should have made Black Panther a live action film version of the Lion King with humans.
    Why? That wouldn't be very creative and would just be taking a Disney story and putting it into T'challa's lore. Which is weird. I didn't like how they had BP so easy to defeat by everyone, but that was the only problem I had with it.

Yes, I agree women have been underrepresented in the movies. But I think that's rapidly changing. But I just think there were a LOT of characters in Black Panther. And the pacing in that film was weird because of that.
    I don't think the pacing was an issue. The fights to me were the issue.

Ultimate Member

They should have made Black Panther a live action film version of the Lion King with humans. Make it about family. No exes need apply. That totally would have worked. And I thought it was lame as hell that they STILL used gladiatorial combat to settle disputes in such an advanced society. I mean, come on man! Spider-Man 3 looks pretty crowded to me. I wonder if Foxx's Electro will have the gap in his front teeth restored. Boy, I hated those Amazing Spider-Man movies. Almost as much as I hated Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.
    The gladiatorial stuff made no sense for a highly advanced nation, unless the movie was trying to say it was a bad idea because Killmonger got control/

I think just too many supporting characters in general. Besides Okoye, Shuri and Ross none were memorable to me. MCU shines best when the hero/heroine gets the focus

I wasn't even a fan of Killmonger and preferred Klaw as the big bad, but I'm ok with what we got

Why? That wouldn't be very creative and would just be taking a Disney story and putting it into T'challa's lore. Which is weird. I didn't like how they had BP so easy to defeat by everyone, but that was the only problem I had with it.
    But Lion King did a great job of developing almost ALL of its characters. It had a story of revenge and triumph, and Simba was there pretty much throughout that whole film. T'Challa is gone for TOO long for long stretches of his own movie! His charisma also took a MASSIVE nosedive from Civil War too. And Black Panther had so many sluggishly paced scenes of characters talking in Wakanda about irrelevant things that I tuned out sometimes. I must say you have remarkable patience! I think Black Panther could have been great if they cut out the forced love interests and focused on T'Challa's sister and mother. Those were the relationships that mattered to me in that film.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-19-2021 at 09:09 PM.

The gladiatorial stuff made no sense for a highly advanced nation, unless the movie was trying to say it was a bad idea because Killmonger got control/

I think just too many supporting characters in general. Besides Okoye, Shuri and Ross none were memorable to me. MCU shines best when the hero/heroine gets the focus

I wasn't even a fan of Killmonger and preferred Klaw as the big bad, but I'm ok with what we got
    Not saying BP was a bad movie at all. It was really good. But it could have been SO much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing a link to this as well because I've never seen Derrickson specifically mention Wanda as the reason why he left the production. All I've ever seen Derrickson say that he left over creative differences. He knew that Wanda was going to be in the story, so that would not have been a surprise to him. Feige, Derrickson, Cumberbatch, and Olsen were all together on stage at a SDCC kickoff announcement in 2019. At that time, Derrickson said that he was interested in doing the film in order to explore the metaphysical horror aspects of Strange's origins in the comics. Given that, I suspect it's possible that Feige wanted to dial back the standalone, Strange-centric horror aspects of Derrickson's vision for the story and make it more accessible to the MCU audience overall. From all the interviews I've seen with Derrickson, he strikes me as being story focused whereas Feige/MCU execs are more interested in brand recognition and tight continuity with all the other MCU films. Ultimately it doesn't matter. Sam Raimi is an excellent director, and I'm sure he'll do a great job with the film.
    I have lots of confidence in Raimi...Just as long as he keeps the screaming women to an absolute minimum.

But Lion King did a great job of developing almost ALL of its characters. It had a story of revenge and triumph, and Simba was there pretty much throughout that whole film. T'Challa is gone for TOO long for long stretches of his own movie! His charisma also took a MASSIVE nosedive from Civil War too. And Black Panther had so many sluggishly paced scenes of characters talking in Wakanda about irrelevant things that I tuned out sometimes. I must say you have remarkable patience! I think Black Panther could have been great if they cut out the forced love interest and focused on T'Challa's sister and mother. Those were the relationships that mattered to me in that film.
    They can develop T'Challa and not have him gone without completely copying another Disney film. That would be terrible. The love interest wasn't really forced. It's just a former love he had that he is conflicted about now. Monica was a love interest of his in comics. And it's a reference to that.

Ultimate Member

Not saying BP was a bad movie at all. It was really good. But it could have been SO much better.
    It was a good movie, and did a lot of things correctly. I appreciated the representation of black women. I also liked how the movie called out Wakanda for its isolationism while also understanding why it was needed. And I liked how T'Challa decided to change everything and reject his father's wishes, instead deciding to be more international with his approach. Plus I enjoyed Okoye, Shuri, Klaw and Ross a lot.

Ultimate Member

They can develop T'Challa and not have him gone without completely copying another Disney film. That would be terrible. The love interest wasn't really forced. It's just a former love he had that he is conflicted about now. Monica was a love interest of his in comics. And it's a reference to that.
    Monica as in Monica Rambeau?

I though the romance was pointless, and I didn't care for Nakia. I wished they saved Lupita Nyong'o for an actual superhero role

But I agree about not copying other movies.

Monica as in Monica Rambeau?

I though the romance was pointless, and I didn't care for Nakia. I wished they saved Lupita Nyong'o for an actual superhero role

But I agree about not copying other movies.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Monica_Lynne_(Earth-616)

Nakia was supposed to be or at least rumored to be a representation of that relationship.