Page 259 of 283 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think it's a shame that the comics haven't bothered to make Wanda and Pietro know several European languages considering their backgrounds...
    Hey Albert1981! I remember this post of mine in the old Appreciation thread touched off a minor discussion about which languages the twins know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wanda is a woman of many skills, but what few know is that she has other, rarely seen skills that I should like to see more often. Behold:
    Her ability to speak French should be an asset at any team and serve her in her personal life as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by piper View Post
    "Wanda is a woman of many skills, but what few know is that she has other, rarely seen skills that I should like to see more often."

Actually, Wanda has been shown to speak several languages: English, French, German, Slovenian, and you can assume, Romany. And Pietro speaks Russian, I believe, so Wanda might as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis@ View Post
    Wow, did not know that. Just remember seeing her speaking English, French and German.
    As a bonus, you see that even in the comics Wanda and Monica have a bond.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Hey Albert1981! I remember this post of mine in the old Appreciation thread touched off a minor discussion about which languages the twins know.

As a bonus, you see that even in the comics Wanda and Monica have a bond.
    Wow, it's so nice to get a response from one of the "big guys" of this forum! Thank you for sharing that with me. I really appreciate it. This is so interesting. I think French and German are VERY interesting languages because France and Germany are two of the most important countries in Europe in terms of shaping the history of that continent! I would love to see Wanda show off more of her language skills if possible. How many other superheroes can do the same? I thought it was really cool that Chris Pratt knows quite a bit of German. Good for Star-Lord!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-30-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

I don't feel Wanda and Monica necessarily bonded for real in the MCU so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't feel Wanda and Monica necessarily bonded for real in the MCU so far
    Yeah, I hope Wanda and Monica could establish firmer bonds later on. I definitely get what the show was trying to do by making them allies, but they didn't really interact all that much. I think the series could have given Monica more of a prominent role by by giving Darcy's and Jimmy's roles to her. I know that would not be a popular move, but it would have fleshed out her character WAY more. And they could have made Hayward a little bit less of a dick. Give him the Walker treatment. The more that I think about it, the less characters featured in the movies and shows the better.

To be honest, I would have actually preferred for the series to focus a little bit MORE on Wanda and Vision. I know a lot of folks liked that dynamic a lot, but I think they were separated for too long for a proper reconciliation to take place. I found it to be slightly rushed. I also think Falcon and the Winter Soldier work better TOGETHER as well. That show got a LOT better after the two met up.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-30-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I hope Wanda and Monica could establish firmer bonds later on. I definitely get what the show was trying to do by making them allies, but they didn't really interact all that much. I think the series could have given Monica more of a prominent role by by giving Darcy's and Jimmy's roles to her. I know that would not be a popular move, but it would have fleshed out her character WAY more. And they could have made Hayward a little bit less of a dick. Give him the Walker treatment. The more that I think about it, the less characters featured in the movies and shows the better. I would have actually preferred for the series to focus a little bit MORE on Wanda and Vision. I know a lot of folks liked that dynamic a lot, but I think they were separated for too long for a proper reconciliation to take place. I found it to be slightly rushed. I also think Falcon and the Winter Soldier work better TOGETHER as opposed to separately as well.
    Actually I feel Monica should have taken more of Hayward's role and possibly already had her powers. I like Jimmy and Darcy

But I would've liked more Wanda and Vision together

Actually I feel Monica should have taken more of Hayward's role and possibly already had her powers. I like Jimmy and Darcy

But I would've liked more Wanda and Vision together
    I think the SWORD stuff might have been crammed in by Marvel Studios execs as to not alienate some viewers. It's very typical, pseudo military MCU stuff that doesn't really jive well with the rest of the show. At first I thought the show needed their presence to move the plot along (and partly because I hate pre-1980s sitcoms), but in retrospect WandaVision should have just plowed ahead with more sitcom shenanigans in Episode 4 as well. I think Wanda, Vision, and Agatha could have figured things out ANYWAYS.

And speaking of Agatha, since she was Wanda's teacher in the comics I'm expecting the MCU will pull a Rocky III and she'll return to teach Wanda. Hopefully they can flesh out her character a bit more because she didn't seem evil until the last episodes where she went full Disney Villain.

I would have liked more Wanda and Vision together too. I think it would have been an awesome sitcom episode (6) if Wanda and Vision bickered and Billy and Tommy pleaded them for to stop fighting. And I wish they added another episode too, but not to focus on Ralph, Monica and the twins. There would have been a more organic reconciliation between Wanda and Vision than the rushed one that we got earlier this month. I don't blame the producers and writers for that because nobody could have anticipated COVID being the disruptive force that it has been and still is.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-30-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think the SWORD stuff might have been crammed in by Marvel Studios execs as to not alienate some viewers. It's very typical, pseudo military MCU stuff that doesn't really jive well with the rest of the show. At first I thought the show needed their presence to move the plot along (and partly because I hate pre-1980s sitcoms), but in retrospect WandaVision should have just plowed ahead with more sitcom shenanigans in Episode 4 as well. I think Wanda, Vision, and Agatha could have figured things out ANYWAYS.

And speaking of Agatha, since she was Wanda's teacher in the comics I'm expecting the MCU will pull a Rocky III and she'll return to teach Wanda. Hopefully they can flesh out her character a bit more because she didn't seem evil until the last episodes where she went full Disney Villain.
    Well, I do think it makes sense for thr military to respond to the hex

I honestly don't like most pre-90s sitcoms either. But I assumed the old stuff was supposed to be creepy

Well, I do think it makes sense for thr military to respond to the hex

I honestly don't like most pre-90s sitcoms either. But I assumed the old stuff was supposed to be creepy
    I think they could have minimized SWORD's and the FBI's involvement. I don't feel they added all that much to the show. I think Monica, Agatha, Fietro, Darcy, Jimmy and even Hayward had relatively decent debuts, but things got really weird for each of them at the end of the series. I actually don't mind the idea of Wanda fighting another female antagonist if it came down to that. This would be the MCU's first woman against woman fight, and it DOES make sense for a show that is starring a lady. That being said, I would have had Agatha maintain her Agnes personality throughout most of that battle. I mean, the "Oh, this is awkward. Your ex and your boyfriend together at the same party. Who are you gonna choose, Wanda?" line by Agatha was really funny to me. But then after that it was just lasers and exposition!

Ultimate Member

I think they could have minimized SWORD's and the FBI's involvement. I don't feel they added all that much to the show. I think Monica, Agatha, Fietro, Darcy, Jimmy and even Hayward had relatively decent debuts, but things got really weird for each of them at the end of the series. I actually don't mind the idea of Wanda fighting another female antagonist if it came down to that. This would be the MCU's first woman against woman fight, and it DOES make sense for a show that is starring a lady. That being said, I would have had Agatha maintain her Agnes personality throughout most of that battle. I mean, the "Oh, this is awkward. Your ex and your boyfriend together at the same party. Who are you gonna choose, Wanda?" line by Agatha was really funny to me. But then after that it was just lasers and exposition!
    I liked the fight scenes, but I feel we needed maybe another episode afterwards to close everything more tightly. I heard COVID forced the studio to not do 10 episodes

I liked the fight scenes, but I feel we needed maybe another episode afterwards to close everything more tightly. I heard COVID forced the studio to not do 10 episodes
    The fight scenes were pretty cleverly concluded in my opinion. Nobody died. Wanda and Vision used their intelligence to win, so I was cool with that. I just thought the beam wars went on for FAR too long, and there was too much exposition about the coming Doctor Strange movie. Which I already knew about. I would have liked to see that tenth episode, IF it focused a little bit more on Wanda and Vision as opposed to the other characters.

Ultimate Member

The fight scenes were pretty cleverly concluded in my opinion. Nobody died. Wanda and Vision used their intelligence to win, so I was cool with that. I just thought the beam wars went on for FAR too long, and there was too much exposition about the coming Doctor Strange movie. Which I already knew about. I would have liked to see that tenth episode, IF it focused a little bit more on Wanda and Vision as opposed to the other characters.
    I would've liked some more creative magic instead of beams, I agree with that. And I think episode 10 focusing on Wanda and Vision would've been good

I would've liked some more creative magic instead of beams, I agree with that. And I think episode 10 focusing on Wanda and Vision would've been good
    Don't get me wrong. I LIKE beams. They look really cool. And they avoid bloodshed and gore, so I enjoy them for that reason. But I thought Wanda was a reality warper. She hasn't done much reality warping at all! In contrast, I loved how Kaecilius and the Zealots warped and twisted the landscape of the Mirror Dimension and could run on ceilings and walls there. It just looked unbelievable to me. I would liked another episode of Wanda and Vision too.

Ultimate Member

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE beams. They look really cool. And they avoid bloodshed and gore, so I enjoy them for that reason. But I thought Wanda was a reality warper. She hasn't done much reality warping at all! In contrast, I loved how Kaecilius and the Zealots warped and twisted the landscape of the Mirror Dimension and could run on ceilings and walls there. It just looked unbelievable to me. I would liked another episode of Wanda and Vision too.
    The thing is Vision is more about beams. Scarlet Witch is more about hexes and spells, so things like chaos magic and reality warping would've been more interesting to see

Wanda in comics also did very little actual reality warping. Magic technically does it on a smaller scale all the time. But the massive reality warping Wanda has done has been very few, and because she was tapping into a stronger power.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda in comics also did very little actual reality warping. Magic technically does it on a smaller scale all the time. But the massive reality warping Wanda has done has been very few, and because she was tapping into a stronger power.
    Yeah, the reality warping thing is come and go in the comics. But in the MCU she also has levitation and psychic powers as well