Page 260 of 283 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda in comics also did very little actual reality warping. Magic technically does it on a smaller scale all the time. But the massive reality warping Wanda has done has been very few, and because she was tapping into a stronger power.
    Oh I see. I know she's more like a baseball pitcher in how she uses her hexes, but I like to have my mind blown too you know? She has done some stuff with her magic (that was non-combat related) in her own show that I thought was pretty cool. Conjuring that elegant dress in Episode 1 for that dinner with the Harts, creating wedding rings for her and Vision, making a dog collar for Sparky, and conjuring a crane to hide Vision's flight during their magic show by wiggling and waving her fingers. Fun, but harmless stuff. But I consider her ability to manipulate time to be pretty awesome. She literally reversed the flow of time within the Hex by just saying "no" in Episode 2 and actually STOPPED time in Westview in order to expand the Hex in Episode 6. And in Episode she seemed to be having an affect on the elements too. I still don't know how she caused a rainstorm when her water broke and I thought it was hilarious how she generated such strong winds to dry Vision and herself after that in Episode 3. Wanda can do a lot of things on screen already. I do hope they don't make TOO powerful though. I know you lurk on the Doctor Strange thread, so I'm sure you're aware of my feelings about magical deus ex machinas.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh I see. I know she's more like a baseball pitcher in how she uses her hexes, but I like to have my mind blown too you know? She has done some stuff with her magic (that was non-combat related) in her own show that I thought was pretty cool. Conjuring that elegant dress in Episode 1 for that dinner with the Harts, creating wedding rings for her and Vision, making a dog collar for Sparky, and conjuring a crane to hide Vision's flight during their magic show by wiggling and waving her fingers. Fun, but harmless stuff. But I consider her ability to manipulate time to be pretty awesome. She literally reversed the flow of time within the Hex by just saying "no" in Episode 2 and actually STOPPED time in Westview in order to expand the Hex in Episode 6. And in Episode she seemed to be having an affect on the elements too. I still don't know how she caused a rainstorm when her water broke and I thought it was hilarious how she generated such strong winds to dry Vision and herself after that in Episode 3. Wanda can do a lot of things on screen already. I hope they don't make TOO powerful though.
    The time manipulation power is pretty cool. Quicksilver had a sort of version of it once in the comics, although not exactly the same (it was a bit hard for me to get at first)

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

The ending we got was great. This reviewer's alternate ending is fun, too.

It makes Agatha into an ally. And it turns out Wanda transplanted some of her own personality traits into hex Vision, making her literally incomplete without him near.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The time manipulation power is pretty cool. Quicksilver had a sort of version of it once in the comics, although not exactly the same (it was a bit hard for me to get at first)
    I didn't know that Pietro had magical powers too. That's neat. I personally thought how Wanda used her teleportation magic to be quite amusing and actually clever. It was funny when she teleported Geraldine from backstage into the magic box during that magic show, but I was impressed how Maximoff disappeared and reappeared during her battle with Agatha, leaving this trail of red smoke behind her. Looked so cool. And she was just imitating Agatha at that time.

I do appreciate that Wanda is a quick study of magic in the MCU as opposed to the comic books where she is still sometimes portrayed as an idiot. I thought her use of that "protection spell" was genius. By putting the runes on the walls of the Hex to neutralize Agatha's magic, then to revitalize her own (despite being drained of it earlier) was a such smart magical maneuver. Really impressed by the writing there. I don't think that ever happened in the comic books. Is that the only spell Wanda learned in WandaVision? I can't remember if she learned other ones. I didn't recall from the comics that Wanda had the ability to ABSORB energy as well because she definitely could in WandaVision. Look, I thought the beam wars went on for too long, but I liked how Wanda absorbed Agatha's Dark Magic, then transformed it into Chaos Magic, and increased the power of her own magic as a result. But like I said, I don't want her to get too powerful because stories with her in them would suck if she didn't face any obstacles, you know?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-31-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

I didn't know that Pietro had magical powers too. That's neat. I personally thought how Wanda used her teleportation magic to be quite amusing and actually clever. It was funny when she teleported Geraldine from backstage into the magic box during that magic show, but I was impressed how Maximoff disappeared and reappeared during her battle with Agatha, leaving this trail of red smoke behind her. Looked so cool. And she was just imitating Agatha at that time.

I do appreciate that Wanda is a quick study of magic in the MCU as opposed to the comic books where she is still sometimes portrayed as an idiot. I thought her use of that "protection spell" was genius. By putting the runes on the walls of the Hex to neutralize Agatha's magic, then to revitalize her own (despite being drained of it earlier) was a such smart magical maneuver. Really impressed by the writing there. I don't think that ever happened in the comic books.
    Well, they were from Inhuman terrigen in Son of M. He did some time travel thing after losing his speed powers

I honestly don't get why Wanda would still be "training" in the comics right now

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post

The ending we got was great. This reviewer's alternate ending is fun, too.

It makes Agatha into an ally. And it turns out Wanda transplanted some of her own personality traits into hex Vision, making her literally incomplete without him near.
    Thanks for the video Norma Jean!

Well, they were from Inhuman terrigen in Son of M. He did some time travel thing after losing his speed powers

I honestly don't get why Wanda would still be "training" in the comics right now
    I missed the whole Son of M thing. Haven't read Marvel Comics for twenty years before the movies got me interested in the characters again. Wanda's still in training? Wow, she is really a lot dumber in the comic books than on screen.

Ultimate Member

I missed the whole Son of M thing. Haven't read Marvel Comics for twenty years before the movies got me interested in the characters again. Wanda's still in training? Wow, she is really a lot dumber in the comic books than on screen.
    I'm not exactly sure if in training was the right word

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

What in the world makes you conclude from this that Wanda in the comics is dumb? It’s the entire world of magic, spanning over centuries and many different ways to use magic. That’s more than a lifetime worth of things to learn! In the comics, there are numerous instances that showed Wanda to be really smart. It’s actually with WandaVision that the “Movie-Version” of Wanda for the first time was shown to be as smart as in the comics (the “magic-show” in episode two and the final battle with Agatha). Only thing still missing in the movies is Wanda being a team-leader.

Wanda is not still in training. Her training was completed decades ago. She trained for years with Agatha. And then Agatha concluded it. I don't know where this idea came from that she's still a student. She's a teacher now and took on an apprentice back in the 80s lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    What in the world makes you conclude from this that Wanda in the comics is dumb? It’s the entire world of magic, spanning over centuries and many different ways to use magic. That’s more than a lifetime worth of things to learn! In the comics, there are numerous instances that showed Wanda to be really smart. It’s actually with WandaVision that the “Movie-Version” of Wanda for the first time was shown to be as smart as in the comics (the “magic-show” in episode two and the final battle with Agatha). Only thing still missing in the movies is Wanda being a team-leader.
    Well, I was going off on what Mik said earlier. That she was in training. Which I took to mean that she is a really REALLY slow learner of magic. That would indicate she's been in training for over forty years! Longer than I've been alive. If it takes that long to acquire a skill, she should really pursue another vocation. Or at least try WAY harder. I thought Wanda was supersmart in WandaVision. She was pretty much self-taught with a little help from Agatha here and there. It was Vision who was surprisingly the dumber half of the pair. He didn't know what the hell was going on until the last episode! I was surprised at one of Wanda's power displays though:

Once objects left the Hex, they would remain in the form they were in while under its control, while on a microscopic level, they would be composed of the same basic elements of their original form, like Monica's SWORD uniform. I don't think that's ever happened in the comic books.

Besides, in my limited experience reading comics from the 90s, it was the scientists in them who were consistently portrayed as "smart". Even the "legal" characters were regarded as highly intelligent. Magic users are never portrayed as "brilliant" in the comic books, except for maybe Doctor Strange.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-31-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well, I was going off on what Mik said earlier. That she was in training. Which I took to mean that she is a really REALLY slow learner of magic. That would indicate she's been in training for over forty years! Longer than I've been alive. If it takes that long to acquire a skill, she should really pursue another vocation. Or at least try WAY harder. I thought Wanda was supersmart in WandaVision. She was pretty much self-taught with a little help from Agatha here and there. It was Vision who was surprisingly the dumber half of the pair. He didn't know what the hell was going on until the last episode! I was surprised at one of Wanda's power displays though:

Once objects left the Hex, they would remain in the form they were in while under its control, while on a microscopic level, they would be composed of the same basic elements of their original form, like Monica's SWORD uniform. I don't think that's ever happened in the comic books.

Besides, in my limited experience reading comics from the 90s, it was the scientists in them who were consistently portrayed as "smart". Even the "legal" characters were regarded as highly intelligent. Magic users are never portrayed as "brilliant" in the comic books, except for maybe Doctor Strange.
    I didn't exactly say the right thing. I was talking about her being a legacy character in the comics. Sorry about that!

I didn't exactly say the right thing. I was talking about her being a legacy character in the comics. Sorry about that!
    No need to apologize. It was my bad for not reading what you were saying properly.

Ultimate Member

No need to apologize. It was my bad for not reading what you were saying properly.
    No problem. I was watching a video while typing that and got my words mixed up

Yeah, the reality warping thing is come and go in the comics. But in the MCU she also has levitation and psychic powers as well
    Comics Wanda has levitated/flied many times by now. Honestly it seems like that would be one of the most basic spells tbh.