Page 261 of 283 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Comics Wanda has levitated/flied many times by now. Honestly it seems like that would be one of the most basic spells tbh.
    That's true. Idk if it's one of her major powers, but her abilities shift back and forth sometimes. Could she really warp reality that well before Disassembled?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation Must WATCH!!!

For Anyone that watched WandaVision, For anyone that had views both positive or concerning about Wanda in it, For Anyone wondering what Wanda’s Journey in WandaVision All Meant and how it connects to Our Very Lives and any fan of Wanda’s or curious about her in WandaVision;

YOU, NEED, TO, WATCH, THIS, VIDEO ~~~ NOW!

P.S. ~ The moment where Wanda is talking about the Wave of Grief Washing over her a Again and Again is given importance her to truly show What our Wanda was going threw!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    No problem. I was watching a video while typing that and got my words mixed up
    That's no excuse. Just kidding, don't worry about it.

That's true. Idk if it's one of her major powers, but her abilities shift back and forth sometimes. Could she really warp reality that well before Disassembled?
    It's not one of her major powers in the sense that she doesn't have "flight" as a superpower in the same way that say, Superman does. But she can absolutely use her magic to fly.

The warp reality, technically she had done it. But it was Disassembled that made it so it was like her main power. Honestly Kurt Busiek posted an explanation as for what he intended to do when creating Chaos Magic recently and I think it makes the most sense. WandaVision seems to be going with a similar logic. Though current comics canon has added her coming from a bloodline of witches, and her powers being activated through the High Evolutionary's experiments (or him just making her magical potential bigger? Which seems redundant considering Chthon and especially with Natalya now. But anyways).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not one of her major powers in the sense that she doesn't have "flight" as a superpower in the same way that say, Superman does. But she can absolutely use her magic to fly.

The warp reality, technically she had done it. But it was Disassembled that made it so it was like her main power. Honestly Kurt Busiek posted an explanation as for what he intended to do when creating Chaos Magic recently and I think it makes the most sense. WandaVision seems to be going with a similar logic. Though current comics canon has added her coming from a bloodline of witches, and her powers being activated through the High Evolutionary's experiments (or him just making her magical potential bigger? Which seems redundant considering Chthon and especially with Natalya now. But anyways).
    You'd think they'd simplify, not complicate, her origin

Kurt was trying to simplify her powers by putting everything under chaos magic. It's just that comics are something handled by multiple writers and editors so that will change over time. Things will be added, things taken away.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Kurt was trying to simplify her powers by putting everything under chaos magic. It's just that comics are something handled by multiple writers and editors so that will change over time. Things will be added, things taken away.
    Don't they have a story Bible?

Don't they have a story Bible?
    Are you meaning like Handbooks?

Ultimate Member

Are you meaning like Handbooks?
    Maybe. I mean some kind of basic set of ideas to help keep everything consistent. I've heard some series have them

Maybe. I mean some kind of basic set of ideas to help keep everything consistent. I've heard some series have them
    That seems like an editor job. To keep things on track.

Ultimate Member

That seems like an editor job. To keep things on track.
    I think each Star Trek show did something like that but I'm not sure

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    For Anyone that watched WandaVision, For anyone that had views both positive or concerning about Wanda in it, For Anyone wondering what Wanda’s Journey in WandaVision All Meant and how it connects to Our Very Lives and any fan of Wanda’s or curious about her in WandaVision;

P.S. ~ The moment where Wanda is talking about the Wave of Grief Washing over her a Again and Again is given importance her to truly show What our Wanda was going threw!

Sounds urgent!!

~sits n watches~

An awesome tribute to the Scarlet Witch, the strongest Avenger, as well as the Vision. Their love was... infinite.

Someone like Thanos has a twisted sense of loss and sacrifice. Whereas Wanda and Vision's loss and sacrifice was rooted in true love, and their good natures.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    What in the world makes you conclude from this that Wanda in the comics is dumb? It’s the entire world of magic, spanning over centuries and many different ways to use magic. That’s more than a lifetime worth of things to learn! In the comics, there are numerous instances that showed Wanda to be really smart. It’s actually with WandaVision that the “Movie-Version” of Wanda for the first time was shown to be as smart as in the comics (the “magic-show” in episode two and the final battle with Agatha). Only thing still missing in the movies is Wanda being a team-leader.
    Well, I was going off on what Mik said earlier. That she was in training. Which I took to mean that she is a really REALLY slow learner of magic. That would indicate she's been in training for over forty years! Longer than I've been alive. If it takes that long to acquire a skill, she should really pursue another vocation. Or at least try WAY harder. I thought Wanda was supersmart in WandaVision. She was pretty much self-taught with a little help from Agatha here and there. It was Vision who was surprisingly the dumber half of the pair. He didn't know what the hell was going on until the last episode! I was surprised at one of Wanda's power displays though:

Once objects left the Hex, they would remain in the form they were in while under its control, while on a microscopic level, they would be composed of the same basic elements of their original form, like Monica's SWORD uniform. I don't think that's ever happened in the comic books.

Besides, in my limited experience reading comics from the 90s, it was the scientists in them who were consistently portrayed as "smart". Even the "legal" characters were regarded as highly intelligent. Magic users are never portrayed as "brilliant" in the comic books, except for maybe Doctor Strange.
    Yeah, you shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions in a way that is insulting to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

I found this Video a few days ago, intended to post it in this very thread, but I have a backlog of things I want to post, you had beat me to this one, haha!

I love the conclusion that one can make power scaling all day long, but Wanda is the strongest Avenger in terms of strength of character!

Things like this *lol* The idea for the rating alone! Yeah, ratings from 1 to 10 are so un-imaginative. I think it’s hilarious how they just keep going with “characters” like the postman, the animals, characters that were speculated but didn’t show up.

Also interesting talk about Wanda near the beginning of the Video.

Edit: I just saw she added subtitles because of the bad audio quality with the other girl. Good call!
    Last edited by Probability010; 04-01-2021 at 04:44 AM.