Page 264 of 283 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

I don't mind how they used Agatha as an "antagonist" and/or "anti-hero". I think it's pretty cool that WandaVision had the first MCU female on female final video game boss fight. I just thought Agatha's motivations were kinda lame. Here was a suggestion that would have made her a more compelling opponent for Wanda:

https://mashable.com/article/wandavision-agatha-fix-it/
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-06-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

But Agatha was never really evil in the comics as far as I remember. They could've used Enchantress instead. But Agatha's motivations were lame, you're right on that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But Agatha was never really evil in the comics as far as I remember.
    You remember right. Right from the moment she was introduced in "Fantastic Four," she looked like a creepy old crone but was actually good. They sort of reversed it in the MCU by making Agatha attractive but evil (or at least not good). Which I find disappointing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    You remember right. Right from the moment she was introduced in "Fantastic Four," she looked like a creepy old crone but was actually good. They sort of reversed it in the MCU by making Agatha attractive but evil (or at least not good). Which I find disappointing.
    Yeah. Honestly villainizing her was unnecessary IMO. Although I liked seeing a full woman vs woman fight like Albert1981 said

Just got Disney Plus and finished watching the entire series. Yeah, I had a general idea of what the series was as well as the big reveals. But honestly, even with that knowledge, still tremendously enjoyed the show! Loved how all of the episodes took on the character of the sitcom. Dramatic and disturbing plot points were delivered in the style of Dick Van Dyke or Modern Family. Of course, the human elements, Wanda's pain and trauma, trying to make up for that, that was very strong too.

I was surprised with Agatha's role. Spoilers led me to believe she was the one pulling Wanda's strings. Instead she's merely an interested party.

And of course, there is all of this set up for the future. The Darkhold, Scarlet Witch, reality manipulation, all of this will show up in the next Dr. Strange movie, right?

Anyway, loved this show!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

I think the Darkhold will, but idk how much it or she will be central to the plot of MoM

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just got Disney Plus and finished watching the entire series. Yeah, I had a general idea of what the series was as well as the big reveals. But honestly, even with that knowledge, still tremendously enjoyed the show! Loved how all of the episodes took on the character of the sitcom. Dramatic and disturbing plot points were delivered in the style of Dick Van Dyke or Modern Family. Of course, the human elements, Wanda's pain and trauma, trying to make up for that, that was very strong too.

I was surprised with Agatha's role. Spoilers led me to believe she was the one pulling Wanda's strings. Instead she's merely an interested party.

And of course, there is all of this set up for the future. The Darkhold, Scarlet Witch, reality manipulation, all of this will show up in the next Dr. Strange movie, right?

Anyway, loved this show!
    Congratulations on getting Disney+ and Very Happy to hear you loved the show Tien Long!

Nice breakdown and review, indeed the human elements of the show, it’s relate ability was is strongest point and why I felt it did SO good as well!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Congratulations on getting Disney+ and Very Happy to hear you loved the show Tien Long!

Nice breakdown and review, indeed the human elements of the show, it’s relate ability was is strongest point and why I felt it did SO good as well!
    No problem bro. The human elements, yes, it's good that the Marvel shows revolve around that. Interestingly enough, there weren't that many scenes of superheroics going on. Sure, there was the big battle in the series finale, but Vision and Wanda aren't in costume and shooting hex bolts and eyebeams every episode, y'know?
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    No problem bro. The human elements, yes, it's good that the Marvel shows revolve around that. Interestingly enough, there weren't that many scenes of superheroics going on. Sure, there was the big battle in the series finale, but Vision and Wanda aren't in costume and shooting hex bolts and eyebeams every episode, y'know?
    Indeed that is what made it so good, you got to know and got amazing levels of development of the character and persona of each hero outside of the big battles of the regular superhero gear and it help to attach fans and views to Wanda and Vision and the rest of the cast is ways FAR deeper then any movie had done before.

That is the Supreme Magic of TV, the ability to take time to tell a weekly story and build upon each episode in the manner and time needed to tell a story and espically the characters to make them more epic in who they are then any major battle could ever give, but still gives more when that context is given time to build up!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I don't mind how they used Agatha as an "antagonist" and/or "anti-hero". I think it's pretty cool that WandaVision had the first MCU female on female final video game boss fight. I just thought Agatha's motivations were kinda lame. Here was a suggestion that would have made her a more compelling opponent for Wanda:

https://mashable.com/article/wandavision-agatha-fix-it/
    Naw. Not every "villain" needs to be sympathetic. Agatha's motives were simple: she wanted power for the sake of wanting power. Agatha got greedy, and LOST. And if there is a need for character growth, NOW would be the time to start that journey, thanks to being "humbled" by a "baby witch" who doesn't deserve her power.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ok this is just adorable.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ok this is just adorable.

OMG, That was too Adorable! It is cause of these 2 boys that the Maximoff twins are going to become future MAJOR Stars in the MCU, Thank You to Them!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Naw. Not every "villain" needs to be sympathetic. Agatha's motives were simple: she wanted power for the sake of wanting power. Agatha got greedy, and LOST. And if there is a need for character growth, NOW would be the time to start that journey, thanks to being "humbled" by a "baby witch" who doesn't deserve her power.
    But what exactly did she want that power for?

Extraordinary Member

They left it ambiguous because it wasn't the point -- they didn't want Wanda to be fighting the villain's plan to take over the world or whatever, because they didn't want there to be a true "Big Bad."

The fight with Agatha was only about who would get to keep the powers of the Scarlet Witch, just like the fight with the two Visions was just about who was the real Vision.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Pure speculation on my part, maybe Agatha felt she needed it in preparation for any exigency. Living hundred of years should have given her a lot of exposure and experience so maybe she's a bit like a doomsday prepper, who knows?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES