Page 27 of 283 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Extraordinary Member

Vision does have superspeed in the comics but it's below the speed of sound and in mcu movies he was shown to have flight superspeed but not running superspeed for example until the show.

Vision
    Marvel 616
    Power Grid
    Speed -3

Speed -3
    The ability to move over land by running or flight.
    Subsonic Superhuman: Able to move at a peak velocity below Mach-1 (approximately 760 miles per hour).
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Grid#Speed:

Comics
    Powers and Abilities
    The Vision also possesses superhuman analytical capabilities, and has the ability to process information and make calculations with superhuman speed and accuracy.
    Anyway in mcu he is faster then the 616 version.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-27-2021 at 06:04 PM.

That's flight. He can't usually run at super speed like he did in this week's episode.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    He's not, either in the movies or the comics. That said, there are people close to Wanda who are...
    He has super speed in the show. He had speed but not super speed in comics. He basically fought fast and had fast reaction times.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's flight. He can't usually run at super speed like he did in this week's episode.
    Not just with flight though. It's not a huge stretch and it's good that one of the kids get something from Vision.

Hmmm....so the MCU is doing something slightly different than in the comics?

Extraordinary Member

One thing I do wonder about the show is whether they were right or wrong to use a laugh track. I think it made sense, especially after they chose to shoot the first episode with a studio audience. It wouldn't have made sense to do the '60s and '70s episodes without the laughter because the laughter is so much a part of the rhythm of those sitcoms.

But using a laugh track for a show that doesn't have a live audience has been out of fashion for decades, and even studio-audience sitcoms are often looked down on, so again, I don't know how people are taking it who weren't raised on shows with fake laughter like "Bewitched" and "The Brady Bunch."

I think it's useful though, the way they turn off the laugh track when reality starts to break in. As the sitcom world starts to fall apart they'll be using it less, and then they'll switch over to laugh-track-free sitcoms as things blur together completely.

All the sitcoms I watched as a kid had laugh tracks. And I watched them up until the turn of the century. So definitely people under 40 would be used to them. I don't believe the Office and Modern Family used them and WandaVision will be basing one of their episodes off of those shows. I like laugh tracks. Unnatural silences in sitcoms make me feel weird. I know one of the most popular sitcoms of all time, M*A*S*H, used it. My father was working at an ice cream parlor in Los Angeles some forty years ago. He dug out some ice cream for Alan Alda one day.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-27-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hmmm....so the MCU is doing something slightly different than in the comics?

Bring on the nerd rage.

Can't tell if Vision's phasing or speeding in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvrq28kloQA

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Can't tell if Vision's phasing or speeding in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvrq28kloQA
    Good catch. Maybe in this universe, they are linked.

Uh, nine 30 minute episodes is only four and a half hours, not six.

Since when is Vision a speedster?
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-visi...eed-abilities/
    "Since when is...." is applicable to a LOT of the MCU. They take creative liberties and lift from the source material but they're certainly not bound by it.

Since when is Vision a speedster?
    Since when is Wanda the catalyst for Civil War?
    Since when are she and Pietro Sokovian?
    Since when is Pietro dead and gone?

At this juncture of the MCU we have to fully embrace that the content is going to pivot and they don't even need to explain because the MCU is not the 616.

AHHHH!!!! Extended clip for episode 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jnLIq-Wu_s

spoilers:
    Y'ALL!!! Almost everyone inside the field has a file AND a New Jersey ID EXCEPT FOR AGNES
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-28-2021 at 07:42 AM.

It also depends on if this is "really" the Vision.

If it's just a creation of Wanda, then it's possible she subconsciously modeled an aspect or two on the other man that always looked out after her, Pietro. Thus, giving Vision access to super speed powers whenever necessary.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I think I was overly harsh concerning Monica's reactions with Wanda in episode three. Monica's description of her boss balancing himself on his hands (temporarily) in order to get rid of his hiccups WAS pretty funny in retrospect. That was some really creative writing. I guess I was just distracted by that bird.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-28-2021 at 09:36 AM.

I'm really loving the intro music to WandaVision show. The second episode was great because they used a Bossa Nova rhythm which I enjoyed immensely. I love Latin music in an Americanized context. The first episode's song was really catchy and lovely too. But my favorite one is the third episode. The MCU is FINALLY using horns and vocal choruses in their music now and I think that's great!