Page 270 of 283 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yet the synopsis for Dr Strange 2 seems to imply that Strange is the one who makes a mistake that results in dark forces being unleashed. The synopsis could be blatantly false but I had thought that Dr Strange 2 would be Wanda's redemption. Either way, I think that thanks to the new Spider-man deal (tying in Dr Strange and Spider-man) to keep Holland in the MCU and COVID resulted in a lot of their original plans getting reworked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Since it is an ongoing discussion, I am gonna pick on this article again. While I wasn’t always happy how “ComicBookCast2” had talked about Wanda (Mutants! HoM! Hype!), turns out that other than CBR he is able to talk about it without distorting what the showrunner meant:

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I just don't want to see Wanda hurt innocent people again.
    The good thing about the WandaVision story I'm a Fish and what again as many videos and reviews said before like the one Probability010 gave, that when Wanda finally broke from the hold her grief put her under and the truth of the Hex was revealed to her, she let the people go and shortly after ended the Hex.

It shows Wanda when she is back to herself will do the right thing not to hurt people or to end the hurting even if it cost her.

I think we are getting to ahead of worrying over DS2 and as John Venus said it could be a mess Strange does to himself or others needing to be fix, but that does not entails Strange doing bad or hurting others either intentionally. All good stories have mess conflicts and problems it is the way of the MCU which what makes it so good, but the hero characters will always find the heroics routes the best they can.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Once again the only thing that matters are the quotes from the showrunner. The rest is just conjecture by the article's author. What the showrunner describes is just the kind of struggle any character given such insane amount of power would have.
    Especially since articles have tried to paint Wanda wrong for years. I'm certain it's for clickbait. Or they just have severe story comprehension issues.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I just don't want to see Wanda hurt innocent people again.
    Yeah they can't keep showing the whoopsie side of her powers. I get it, probability could make things go wrong at the beginning of her career. It's now time for her to gain control of those powers.

I also feel like several creators misinterpret the source of her powers. They think demon elder god and think she should be weak and have it take her over.

But the point of the character is persevering through things. She wielded power from an elder god, sure. But she was one of the few mortals that could and she used the power for good.

Modern creators seem to have skimmed over her history, and looked at a few stories and decided those defined everything about the character.

But they can't keep using only those things that make her a tragedy (some that were hack tales) and still consider her a hero.

Hopefully they make her capable and strong in ITMoM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah they can't keep showing the whoopsie side of her powers. I get it, probability could make things go wrong at the beginning of her career. It's now time for her to gain control of those powers.

I also feel like several creators misinterpret the source of her powers. They think demon elder god and think she should be weak and have it take her over.

But the point of the character is persevering through things. She wielded power from an elder god, sure. But she was one of the few mortals that could and she used the power for good.

Modern creators seem to have skimmed over her history, and looked at a few stories and decided those defined everything about the character.

But they can't keep using only those things that make her a tragedy (some that were hack tales) and still consider her a hero.

Yeah, physically and mentally strong!

Lightbulb

Yea that is why I think WandaVision was the Reveal and Whoopsie moment IMO handled much better then the sourse matter of Dissembles tried to be.

Characters go threw these motion when on their journey of discover of themselves and their powers, a moment like this is FAR more common than is given credance for, Wanda's story being reffereance from AD and HoM muddies that way to much sadly so the bases of the journey of discover and training can get missed over which it should not.

I feel this was that major moments in WandaVision to Recon Wanda as a Genentic Witch with a Power Level Much higher then ever thought or known even by her, it shows the dangers it can do even to Wanda herself and now she must be on Shōnen Anime style journey of training and learning about her new powers.

I think this is really good and interesting cause like Shōnen Protagonist fans get heavily invested in their journy and self dicovery of their powers. That is why I feel we have had this postive reaction to Wanda by Fans around the world, it has been a journey up to this point for Wanda discovering and growing her she is that the Fans have been on and not felt it has been a forced story to be liked but one fans have choosen to get invested in and enjoy.

Wanda Maximoff is like Son Goku, Wanda Went threw her Dragon Ball Journey, Now she has Disovered her Super Saiyan and must learn to master it so her Anger and Emotions will not overcome her newly discovered nature and power level.

Their will be bumps and Whoopsies still to come but that is with any story, but I feel they will all be for a purpose to move Wanda Forward to bigger character development and power understanding.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea that is why I think WandaVision was the Reveal and Whoopsie moment IMO handled much better then the sourse matter of Dissembles tried to be.

Characters go threw these motion when on their journey of discover of themselves and their powers, a moment like this is FAR more common than is given credance for, Wanda's story being reffereance from AD and HoM muddies that way to much sadly so the bases of the journey of discover and training can get missed over which it should not.

I feel this was that major moments in WandaVision to Recon Wanda as a Genentic Witch with a Power Level Much higher then ever thought or known even by her, it shows the dangers it can do even to Wanda herself and now she must be on Shōnen Anime style journey of training and learning about her new powers.

I think this is really good and interesting cause like Shōnen Protagonist fans get heavily invested in their journy and self dicovery of their powers. That is why I feel we have had this postive reaction to Wanda by Fans around the world, it has been a journey up to this point for Wanda discovering and growing her she is that the Fans have been on and not felt it has been a forced story to be liked but one fans have choosen to get invested in and enjoy.

It is like Goku, Wanda Went threw her Dragon Ball Journey, Now she has Disovered her Super Saiyan level and must learn to master it so her Anger and Emotions will not overcome her newly discovered nature and power level.

Their will be bumps and Whoopsies still to come but that is with any story, but I feel they will all be for a purpose to move Wanda Forward to bigger character development and power understanding.
    The problem with the mcu is the whoopsie moment was already shown during the Lagos incident. Writers then took that and felt she needed another, only then she doesn't care. Because apparently depression means you don't care what happens to others. Now, I get what they were trying to do with grief. And it was poignant. It wasn't completely accurate. And they did do exactly what they said they weren't gonna do. Which was have it so a powerful woman can't control her powers and goes out of control.

If they keep doing that, there's no way for her to seems capable or heroic. It'd be like when comics forgets she actually trained in traditional magic and learned to control her powers.

I like that Wanda had more narrative in this (easy to do over AD/HoM) and the magical girl transformation. It's now time for them to show the references of Wanda being capable.

They never seem to find the issues of her leading teams. Nor what came before or after tragedy in her life.

Lightbulb

The problem with the mcu is the whoopsie moment was already shown during the Lagos incident. Writers then took that and felt she needed another, only then she doesn't care. Because apparently depression means you don't care what happens to others. Now, I get what they were trying to do with grief. And it was poignant. It wasn't completely accurate. And they did do exactly what they said they weren't gonna do. Which was have it so a powerful woman can't control her powers and goes out of control.

If they keep doing that, there's no way for her to seems capable or heroic. It'd be like when comics forgets she actually trained in traditional magic and learned to control her powers.

I like that Wanda had more narrative in this (easy to do over AD/HoM) and the magical girl transformation. It's now time for them to show the references of Wanda being capable.

They never seem to find the issues of her leading teams. Nor what came before or after tragedy in her life.
    I think what the writers where getting at with powerful woman can't control her powers and goes out of control was trying to do the oppsiste of the stupid that was AD and HoM, that Wanda in that was shown to have no control in any case of herself and had to be handled poorly despite all her skill and development she went threw before to counter that, it was Hack writting for lazly getting to the plot point of Bendis wanting his own Avengers with Spiderman and Wolverine.

I think the show was to the best of their ablity trying to still tell those elements of the story, but to give Wanda the ablity to Empower threw it, heal and make the chooses to fix it on her own choose of free will and power, something that comics and Bendis never gave her the honor or ablity to have.

It was not perfect indeed, but I felt and got where they where getting at and tried to tell a story of how overpowering grief and loss and Mental Illness can overtake someone, that being the thing to heal not the power itself, the powers just added to the struggle.

But it is a show and I don't expect it to get truly what it is like to go threw such struggles for Real People, but I feel they did the best they could with the subject in an MCU Superhero project while battling with the Covid Pandemic that caused problems.

So I feel but this is just me, that they by how they ended the show and gave an indepth reasoning why Wanda had these struggles that they feel that told to best story they seem to see at the time of making it Wanda Empowering over these struggle and Healling and Fixing her own faults while still knowing she has parts of herself to work to make better.

This is a far cry from AD and HoM that just had Wanda as a Bendis Doll doing what he wanted out of context never giving her a chance.

I think thought that also that the MCU now must how this progress, yes a fault her and their, but they can't go back to the story they already told in WandaVision cause now they have to show progress like they did with the Hulk as the MCU went along.

I hope that made allittle sense and I said it right, I know what you go threw GenericUsername, so I hope to honor that the best I could in my post.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, she did have decades of being a heroic Avenger and interacting with other Avengers, including female ones, who were also her friends. But controversy sells.

One thing I hope to see going forward is her motivations outside of her familial connections. So far in the MCU, she's mainly been concerned with people she's related to and/or in love with. I want to see her heroic side outside of that

Oh well, at least Wanda wasn’t like that to the people from the “outside world” :

Note: Who made that Video did it after episode 5, when Haywards lie, that Wanda stole Vision’s body, still stood.
    1 that Video funny as hell! 2 Wanda was right Monica was lucky to get that conversation at all afterthe missle I would have been turned all of SWORD into clowns Wanda is so benevolent!

I think what the writers where getting at with powerful woman can't control her powers and goes out of control was trying to do the oppsiste of the stupid that was AD and HoM, that Wanda in that was shown to have no control in any case of herself and had to be handled poorly despite all her skill and development she went threw before to counter that, it was Hack writting for lazly getting to the plot point of Bendis wanting his own Avengers with Spiderman and Wolverine.

I think the show was to the best of their ablity trying to still tell those elements of the story, but to give Wanda the ablity to Empower threw it, heal and make the chooses to fix it on her own choose of free will and power, something that comics and Bendis never gave her the honor or ablity to have.

It was not perfect indeed, but I felt and got where they where getting at and tried to tell a story of how overpowering grief and loss and Mental Illness can overtake someone, that being the thing to heal not the power itself, the powers just added to the struggle.

But it is a show and I don't expect it to get truly what it is like to go threw such struggles for Real People, but I feel they did the best they could with the subject in an MCU Superhero project while battling with the Covid Pandemic that caused problems.

So I feel but this is just me, that they by how they ended the show and gave an indepth reasoning why Wanda had these struggles that they feel that told to best story they seem to see at the time of making it Wanda Empowering over these struggle and Healling and Fixing her own faults while still knowing she has parts of herself to work to make better.

This is a far cry from AD and HoM that just had Wanda as a Bendis Doll doing what he wanted out of context never giving her a chance.

I think thought that also that the MCU now must how this progress, yes a fault her and their, but they can't go back to the story they already told in WandaVision cause now they have to show progress like they did with the Hulk as the MCU went along.

I hope that made allittle sense and I said it right, I know what you go threw GenericUsername, so I hope to honor that the best I could in my post.
    It's just that the show did the same thing. It could have written her relationship to Agatha differently and have Wanda learn magic to prevent Lagos from happening again. It not only had her lose control again, but then at times not care (in their words) what happened.

That's not Wanda. I get that Disassembled and HoM happened and when telling Wanda's history, it can't be avoided that much. But, it also didn't happen that soon into her career.

And in the movie-verse you have her going from being a villain with Ultron, to the Lagos thing, to being on the run with Cap's side and a fugitive, to her heroic moments in IW and Endgame and then back to what happened in Westview.

There isn't much time of her being an actual hero. No matter if she has narrative this time or not.

It's not a far cry from AD/HoM, it just did not treat her as a plot device this time. Which is really bare minimum when you think about it.

I just feel like if they want to do a positive story of depression and grief, they'll have to have her work through that now. Still be capable. And if they want to really do the whole women have strong powers without going out of control, they need to back that up.

They need to have her learn to control her powers. They can't undo what they already did, but if they keep having her mess up then she becomes what Ross said she was. She becomes a villain really. And I don't want to see that happen.

They for now have taken the worst lessons and perceptions of her history so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, she did have decades of being a heroic Avenger and interacting with other Avengers, including female ones, who were also her friends. But controversy sells.

One thing I hope to see going forward is her motivations outside of her familial connections. So far in the MCU, she's mainly been concerned with people she's related to and/or in love with. I want to see her heroic side outside of that
    I think that's the thing right there is drama sells.

Ultimate Member

I think that's the thing right there is drama sells.
    That essentially is the reason for her downfall in the 2000s

Lightbulb

It's just that the show did the same thing. It could have written her relationship to Agatha differently and have Wanda learn magic to prevent Lagos from happening again. It not only had her lose control again, but then at times not care (in their words) what happened.

That's not Wanda. I get that Disassembled and HoM happened and when telling Wanda's history, it can't be avoided that much. But, it also didn't happen that soon into her career.

And in the movie-verse you have her going from being a villain with Ultron, to the Lagos thing, to being on the run with Cap's side and a fugitive, to her heroic moments in IW and Endgame and then back to what happened in Westview.

There isn't much time of her being an actual hero. No matter if she has narrative this time or not.

It's not a far cry from AD/HoM, it just did not treat her as a plot device this time. Which is really bare minimum when you think about it.

I just feel like if they want to do a positive story of depression and grief, they'll have to have her work through that now. Still be capable. And if they want to really do the whole women have strong powers without going out of control, they need to back that up.

They need to have her learn to control her powers. They can't undo what they already did, but if they keep having her mess up then she becomes what Ross said she was. She becomes a villain really. And I don't want to see that happen.

They for now have taken the worst lessons and perceptions of her history so far.
    That is it thought, we have been threw this style of storytelling before in the MCU; :-)

Civil War for Cap and Iron Man it was their lowpoints in the comics and a story looming over all them until it would have been told one day. They did and honestly by the response by the public even Capt as a Fugitive and Tony as to much of a Goverment Guy People still loved them after it and still sided with them on their causes. It showed that doing right is more then a plan straight arrow and beign fugitive towards unjust goverment was more heroic in the eyes of many a fan that saw that cause he and his group with Wanda for that matter where doing what was right even if it is not clean cut.

That is what has made the MCU work so well, they get the in gray cautious of what humanity is and it relates to peoples own lives, struggles and faults that doing right is more messy and in the gray then a clean cut good vs. bad dealing the world would like to believe.

The MCU has now covered the AD and HoM storylines for Wanda and now they don't loom over her like a Sword Ready to Fall on her and her characters career anymore, like Civil War they are done. A Good Thing is we are now past those stories that for Right or Wrong where going to be told one day and they finally did.

Our Worry was that the Public would HATE Wanda for them like she got from Fans in the Comics and still in groups today, but that did not happen. The Struggles with Grief, Loss, Mental Illness and not always being in control or knowing what is going on is a too common human realitated problem everyone has and fans have come to relate to Wanda's Struggles more then I think we ever could have imgagined.

WandaVision was the Story of AD and HoM maybe not told perfect, but what ever story is without problems, but Told to Success for her Character cause now she is Loved More then She ever has been before. Even the HoM and AD storyies that are being read now seem not to hold her down but just seem to be advancing her higher then her time before. It is a case yea we on CBR get into the weeds of topics on Wanda and the dealings of comic OOC stories past, but the Public at large get connect to Wanda the go above and beyond that to a Human Relatable Faults and Understanding, making her more real a mortal hero than a straight lashed story of a Golden Hero Made Perfect and the Public Rejecting them cause they can't relate.

Wanda has overcome that it seems, we have seen with other heroes over the past few years getting pushes in Media and Other Stories being Powerful, Examples of being the best and should be considered Icons by the companies that push them hard from the start. But the Public keeps rejecting them feeling they don't relate, But Characters like Wanda are allowed to Grow, capture the hearts and minds of people slowly while being an Underdog no one saw coming or knew they wanted and gains even higher cause of those faults she goes threw, feel real and she perserves threw them like she always has, both now in the MCU as well as She does in the Comics like we always said We ADMIRE SO MUCH about her GenericUsername and it seems that Wanda has caught Fire as well too.

I am not saying now to like seeing AD or HoM and faults put on display for Wanda, we should not cause it brings worry and pain to fans that have had to go threw the Darkness with her that love her so and don't want her to always be their.

But it is also these journies that have made now more fans then ever seem to route for her to Find her Happy Life but also to strive threw the powers and struggles she has to go threw cause they are cheering for her to do so. To Succeed, to Get Strong, to Work her way threw he faults cause that is a Very Human, Everyday Struggle we all have, Wanda Becomes Us and We Become Wanda.

It is not a bad thing overall cause it just makes when we journey threw this the Victories that come in due time and slowly leading to Wanda Gaining more and more of that Golden Hero, Her being a Hero is Something that is Earned and not just given to her cause a company wants the push right away. Fans see it being Earned and seeing it being gotten threw very human faults showing they themselves can overcome their own faults and their is always posiblities to make things better for yourselves.

Their are not guarteens that Wanda will be pushed in this good direction, but the response by the Public, the Sales, the Hype in Postive Wanda Talk can show that if the MCU and Disney had faults to go in other directions that are darker for longer maybe it is time to change that or they always had that plan all along, just this response makes it more likely now, we have to wait and see.

The Point is we are beyond now those Bad Stories of AD and HoM, they are behind us in the MCU.

Now we can go more forward with Fresh stories and more stories to gain deeper into the lore of Wanda we Like and built from their.

We have to see, but Wanda's journey seems to again be like the Hulks back in 2008 and we saw where that lead to and that should and much of the other stuff I just went on over give us Hopefully hope going forward, but in a joureny while having dark moments will have real human moments and human climbs to achieving that Hero Wanda she always truly is and should be!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 04-11-2021 at 12:28 PM.

That is it thought, we have been threw this style of storytelling before in the MCU; :-)

Civil War for Cap and Iron Man it was their lowpoints in the comics and a story looming over all them until it would have been told one day. They did and honestly by the response by the public even Capt as a Fugitive and Tony as to much of a Goverment Guy People still loved them after it and still sided with them on their causes. It showed that doing right is more then a plan straight arrow and beign fugitive towards unjust goverment was more heroic in the eyes of many a fan that saw that cause he and his group with Wanda for that matter where doing what was right even if it is not clean cut.

That is what has made the MCU work so well, they get the in gray cautious of what humanity is and it relates to peoples own lives, struggles and faults that doing right is more messy and in the gray then a clean cut good vs. bad dealing the world would like to believe.

The MCU has now covered the AD and HoM storylines for Wanda and now they don't loom over her like a Sword Ready to Fall on her and her characters career anymore, like Civil War they are done. A Good Thing is we are now past those stories that for Right or Wrong where going to be told one day and they finally did.

Our Worry was that the Public would HATE Wanda for them like she got from Fans in the Comics and still in groups today, but that did not happen. The Struggles with Grief, Loss, Mental Illness and not always being in control or knowing what is going on is a too common human realitated problem everyone has and fans have come to relate to Wanda's Struggles more then I think we ever could have imgagined.

WandaVision was the Story of AD and HoM maybe not told perfect, but what ever story is without problems, but Told to Success for her Character cause now she is Loved More then She ever has been before. Even the HoM and AD storyies that are being read now seem not to hold her down but just seem to be advancing her higher then her time before. It is a case yea we on CBR get into the weeds of topics on Wanda and the dealings of comic OOC stories past, but the Public at large get connect to Wanda the go above and beyond that to a Human Relatable Faults and Understanding, making her more real a mortal hero than a straight lashed story of a Golden Hero Made Perfect and the Public Rejecting them cause they can't relate.

Wanda has overcome that it seems, we have seen with other heroes over the past few years getting pushes in Media and Other Stories being Powerful, Examples of being the best and should be considered Icons by the companies that push them hard from the start. But the Public keeps rejecting them feeling they don't relate, But Characters like Wanda are allowed to Grow, capture the hearts and minds of people slowly while being an Underdog no one saw coming or knew they wanted and gains even higher cause of those faults she goes threw, feel real and she perserves threw them like she always has, both now in the MCU as well as She does in the Comics like we always said We ADMIRE SO MUCH about her GenericUsername and it seems that Wanda has caught Fire as well too.

I am not saying now to like seeing AD or HoM and faults put on display for Wanda, we should not cause it brings worry and pain to fans that have had to go threw the Darkness with her that love her so and don't want her to always be their.

But it is also these journies that have made now more fans then ever seem to route for her to Find her Happy Life but also to strive threw the powers and struggles she has to go threw cause they are cheering for her to do so. To Succeed, to Get Strong, to Work her way threw he faults cause that is a Very Human, Everyday Struggle we all have, Wanda Becomes Us and We Become Wanda.

It is not a bad thing overall cause it just makes when we journey threw this the Victories that come in due time and slowly leading to Wanda Gaining more and more of that Golden Hero, Her being a Hero is Something that is Earned and not just given to her cause a company wants the push right away. Fans see it being Earned and seeing it being gotten threw very human faults showing they themselves can overcome their own faults and their is always posiblities to make things better for yourselves.

Their are not guarteens that Wanda will be pushed in this good direction, but the response by the Public, the Sales, the Hype in Postive Wanda Talk can show that if the MCU and Disney had faults to go in other directions that are darker for longer maybe it is time to change that or they always had that plan all along, just this response makes it more likely now, we have to wait and see.

The Point is we are beyond now those Bad Stories of AD and HoM, they are behind us in the MCU.

Now we can go more forward with Fresh stories and more stories to gain deeper into the lore of Wanda we Like and built from their.

We have to see, but Wanda's journey seems to again be like the Hulks back in 2008 and we saw where that lead to and that should and much of the other stuff I just went on over give us Hopefully hope going forward, but in a joureny while having dark moments will have real human moments and human climbs to achieving that Hero Wanda she always truly is and should be!
    The difference between how they treated Wanda and how they treated Cap and Tony is they were defined as heroes before they had them mess up. They had their solos that cemented them in the heroic column. And a few of them at that.

Wanda has had background appearances and a show that pegs her as a gray character. Not much heroics in the middle of that.

I'm not really worried about the public loving her. I'm worried that Marvel over the years lost the message and the point of the character.

It does seem close to Hulk, but then they had Hulk do basically nothing after that, lol.

I hope it's better than Hulk, and that they have her be a hero from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That essentially is the reason for her downfall in the 2000s
    That and that they needed a shift in comics. And saw her as the way to do it. Unfortunately it was in that era where treating women as accessories like that was still acceptable. It was the era of Sue Dibny and comics were tremendously gross.