Page 274 of 283 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Top 5 web series of 2021 so far: Bombay Begums, WandaVision and more
    https://indianexpress.com/article/en...ldier-7272391/

Wandavision is #1.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Top 5 web series of 2021 so far: Bombay Begums, WandaVision and more
    https://indianexpress.com/article/en...ldier-7272391/

Wandavision is #1.
    This is from India? I'm surprised they'd put so many non-Indian shows on the list

Amazing Member

This YouTube reactor has an interesting take on the hypocrisy over outrage over Wanda's actions vs. John Walker's..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...J2dyb_hcsMNWr0
    Last edited by Lou_Kayge; 04-15-2021 at 12:54 PM.

WandaVision: Elizabeth Olsen & Kathryn Hahn's Final Battle Gets Official Storyboard Released
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...ial-storyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    I wonder why they chose Agatha Harkness instead of Morgan LeFay. Maybe they wanted to save her for the big screen. Though I heard she appeared on 'Runaways.'
    Yeah, and Elizabeth Hurley played Morgan. No mention of the Darkhold or her compiling it as far as I remember.

I hope they plan to use Agatha in the Fantastic Four franchise. She deserves to make the jump to the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, and Elizabeth Hurley played Morgan. No mention of the Darkhold or her compiling it as far as I remember.
    The Darkhold was pretty heavily featured in Runaways.

WandaVision is nominated for a bunch of MTV Movie and TV awards including Best Show, Best Performance for Liz Olsen, Best Hero for Teyonnah Parris, Best Villain for Kathryn Hahn and Best Fight between Wanda and Agatha. You can vote upto 20 times per category every day: https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards/vote/

Ultimate Member

MTV still exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    MTV still exists?
    Yes all they play is Ridiculousness all damn day long their sickening honestly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yes all they play is Ridiculousness all damn day long their sickening honestly.
    Haha, idk what that even is. I honestly don't see the purpose of MTV in 2021

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    I wonder why they chose Agatha Harkness instead of Morgan LeFay. Maybe they wanted to save her for the big screen. Though I heard she appeared on 'Runaways.'
    The comic stories used to adapt WandaVision heavily feature Agatha tho. Wanda only encountered Morgan Le Fay in the Spider-Woman story and the Avengers vol 3 story in Heroes Return.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The comic stories used to adapt WandaVision heavily feature Agatha tho. Wanda only encountered Morgan Le Fay in the Spider-Woman story and the Avengers vol 3 story in Heroes Return.
    I think they just made Agatha evil to give her a bigger part in the story. Schaeffer has said that they originally started writing Agatha as a mentor and teacher like she is in the comics, and you can still see that in the show, because she's the one who teaches Wanda about what her powers are and how to use them, not to mention helping Wanda recover her memories.

But as the writing process went on they decided she should be Wanda's antagonist. She's sort of a combination of comics Agatha (mentor and teacher) with the Emerald Warlock, a character from Wanda's solo comic who went around draining witches of their power.

I don't like that they made her a villain, though she really wasn't all that villainous and they left the door open for her and Wanda to repair their relationship later on. But I do get that it was probably necessary to beef up her role to get someone like Kathryn Hahn interested in the part.

Ultimate Member

They didn't need Agatha to be evil because Wanda was the cause.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They didn't need Agatha to be evil because Wanda was the cause.
    They needed someone for Wanda to fight in the finale because they had to have a big action finale. I think they probably made a mistake, because the first eight episodes showed that people were totally hooked on the show without much action or fighting. Maybe in the future they'll have the confidence to do without that entirely.

But yes, Agatha is only a villain in the sense that she is willing to kill Wanda to get her power (and that might be justified since it would probably be less dangerous in the hands of someone who knows how to control it). She's not better than Wanda, because she has no problem mind-controlling people or making them suffer to get what she wants, but the "Big Bad" of the show is Wanda's trauma.

That's sort of the irony of "Agatha All Along" -- it's really about Wanda, because she was hoping that a villain would show up to get all the blame for everything she's done, and give her another contrived sitcom happy ending like in the first three episodes. But in the next episode Wanda finds out that it was not Agatha all along, it was her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They needed someone for Wanda to fight in the finale because they had to have a big action finale. I think they probably made a mistake, because the first eight episodes showed that people were totally hooked on the show without much action or fighting. Maybe in the future they'll have the confidence to do without that entirely.

But yes, Agatha is only a villain in the sense that she is willing to kill Wanda to get her power (and that might be justified since it would probably be less dangerous in the hands of someone who knows how to control it). She's not better than Wanda, because she has no problem mind-controlling people or making them suffer to get what she wants, but the "Big Bad" of the show is Wanda's trauma.

That's sort of the irony of "Agatha All Along" -- it's really about Wanda, because she was hoping that a villain would show up to get all the blame for everything she's done, and give her another contrived sitcom happy ending like in the first three episodes. But in the next episode Wanda finds out that it was not Agatha all along, it was her.
    Well, I wanted at least one big action scene because Scarlet Witch and Vision weren't used enough in previous MCU action scenes.

Instead they could've had Monica fight Wanda, like how Steve and co. fought T'Challa in Civil War, then later after Wanda realizes what's going on, she drops the Hex, and no longer fights Monica. Plus, they still had White Vision