Page 277 of 283 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not sure how the Mary Sue would know. A second season wasn't planned, but that doesn't mean one won't happen. Lots of things get added during Phases in the MCU.
    It's because it was submitted for the Emmys in the Limited Series category, while "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" was submitted as an ongoing.

I don't know if it means much though. Either of these shows are likely to have different titles if/when they get a second season. "WandaVision" is a title specific to the television sitcom format, and while Wanda and Vision may get another series, it's more likely to be "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" or something like that. And Sam is unlikely to go back to being the Falcon.

Ultimate Member

Do the Emmys still matter?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Do the Emmys still matter?
    Yes. If Marvel could win an Emmy for their first TV productions it would be a big deal.

They'll definitely be campaigning to get WandaVision some nominations, but while Olsen in particular deserves it, it's hard to know if the Emmy voters will recognize a performance in a superhero show. They usually don't.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes. If Marvel could win an Emmy for their first TV productions it would be a big deal.

They'll definitely be campaigning to get WandaVision some nominations, but while Olsen in particular deserves it, it's hard to know if the Emmy voters will recognize a performance in a superhero show. They usually don't.
    I think the performances were good, but idk if it's right for the Emmys. They seem to go for shows more focused on just the acting, rather than genre stuff with special effects

It's because it was submitted for the Emmys in the Limited Series category, while "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" was submitted as an ongoing.

I don't know if it means much though. Either of these shows are likely to have different titles if/when they get a second season. "WandaVision" is a title specific to the television sitcom format, and while Wanda and Vision may get another series, it's more likely to be "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" or something like that. And Sam is unlikely to go back to being the Falcon.
    Emmys weren't the first one to list it like that. Feige's positioning is that things can always change. Even if they aren't in the plans.

After the show's success I hope there is more. Whether it's another show or Wanda is inmore movies.

Also, why would Sam go back to being Falcon in this universe?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know where the villains have been irrelevant where so much of the plot is based around them driving the plot the protagonists need to stop by fighting them.

And fighting villains is usually a good showcase for a heroes power.
    The plot is based around villains, but in terms of characterization, they're basically just obstacles for heroes to overcome. They could probably be replaced by other obstacles and it could still work. Plus, the heroes being reactive is IMO one of the biggest cliches of the genre. I'd like to see the heroes drive the plots, whether there are villains or not.

I agree the fights show their powers off, but frankly we've mostly just gotten punching, flying and hand-to-hand. Characters like Scarlet Witch, Vision, Doctor Strange and Wasp haven't really even been used much anyway, even in big fights like Wakanda in IW. Instead we get guys like Black Widow and Hawkeye. But I also like to see heroes use powers outside of combat too

Marvel fandom might be the wrong one for something like that. They seem to find things without action filler and boring.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Also, why would Sam go back to being Falcon in this universe?
    Exactly, which is why "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, season 2" seems like something that won't happen, while another Sam/Bucky series might.

Ultimate Member

Marvel fandom might be the wrong one for something like that. They seem to find things without action filler and boring.
    It's possible. But then so many complain about every movie ending in a fight

The plot is based around villains, but in terms of characterization, they're basically just obstacles for heroes to overcome. They could probably be replaced by other obstacles and it could still work. Plus, the heroes being reactive is IMO one of the biggest cliches of the genre. I'd like to see the heroes drive the plots, whether there are villains or not.
    I don't think obstacles that aren't direct antagonists would really function the same way.
    I agree the fights show their powers off, but frankly we've mostly just gotten punching, flying and hand-to-hand. Characters like Scarlet Witch, Vision, Doctor Strange and Wasp haven't really even been used much anyway, even in big fights like Wakanda in IW. Instead we get guys like Black Widow and Hawkeye. But I also like to see heroes use powers outside of combat too
    We saw Wasp fight a lot in Ant-Man and The Wasp, also in Endgame.

Vision's the one character who never really got to show off after AoU, until WandaVision.
    Exactly, which is why "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, season 2" seems like something that won't happen, while another Sam/Bucky series might.
    Unless The Falcon is Joaquin Torres now.

Ultimate Member

I don't think obstacles that aren't direct antagonists would really function the same way.

We saw Wasp fight a lot in Ant-Man and The Wasp, also in Endgame.

Vision's the one character who never really got to show off after AoU, until WandaVision.

Unless The Falcon is Joaquin Torres now.
    Um, I barely saw Wasp fight in Endgame. Strange had a good showing at the end of his movie, and on the battle of Titan. Scarlet Witch forgot she had mental powers until WandaVision, and had to be rescued by Black Widow and Okoye of all people

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the villains business. I think if writers put enough effort into it, they could create a plot with non-villain obstacles.

Um, I barely saw Wasp fight in Endgame. Strange had a good showing at the end of his movie, and on the battle of Titan. Scarlet Witch forgot she had mental powers until WandaVision, and had to be rescued by Black Widow and Okoye of all people
    But Wanda still stole the show in certain scenes.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the villains business. I think if writers put enough effort into it, they could create a plot with non-villain obstacles.
    I don't think you need a Supervillain, but they're an essential part of the genre in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

But Wanda still stole the show in certain scenes.

I don't think you need a Supervillain, but they're an essential part of the genre in my opinion.
    She did steal the show. I just didn't buy her getting beat up by Proxima Midnight.

I agree supervillains are important, but I don't think they are intrinsic to every entry in the series. I'd like the genre to at least try a bit more outside that. The superheroes are interesting enough characters without having someone to fight IMO.

All-New Member

Idk. Star trek manages to have stories without villains. I don't think every story needs to have someone to fight, and I feel the genre is limited by that

For instance, they could make a movie about Captain Marvel having some kind of adventure exploring the new Skrull homeworld, or Iron Man or Ant-Man building some kind of new tech and seeing how it affects society, or Dr. Strange or Ant-Man or Thor travelling to another dimension, or finding some kind of magical object and seeing how they can or can't use it. Or, it could be two rival heroes fighting, but later making peace with one another.
    I understand how you feel and why you would like to see a superhero movie with no villain, but man, a big company like marvel will probably never take the risk to make a movie with no villain! Cause not all the fans would want something like this.
    There's a comic-book called "Peter Parker: Spider-Man #33" which is with no doubt the best spider man comic in 2001 and one of the greatest comics i've ever read. But surprisingly, you're not gonna see even one punch in it! It's all about peter's amazing relationship with his kind uncle (make sure you read it if you haven't yet, btw!) But when it comes to cinema, everything works differently. There has to be a conflict and resolution so you can have a good story, without that, it'll be boring. For instance, you said they can make a movie about Ant-Man and Iron Man building a new technology and seeing what kind of an impact it'll have on society, well, okay that's good, but what about after that? What's gonna happen? How exatcly a movie like this is gonna end? Movies need to mean something, all you said can be part of a movie, not the whole concept. The only idea that i can think of is to make a movie like Civil War where you see heroes dealing with their conflicting thoughts, if you take out the fighting scenes of Civil War, i don't think anyone would wanna see what's left! So yeah, a suoerhero movie with no villain is kinda possible, but that way, heroes will probably fight one another.
    Last edited by Bruce Lee; 04-21-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    I understand how you feel and why you would like to see a superhero movie with no villain, but man, a big company like marvel will probably never take the risk to make a movie with no villain! Cause not all the fans would want something like this.
    There's a comic-book called "Peter Parker: Spider-Man #33" which is with no doubt the best spider man comic in 2001 and one of the greatest comics i've ever read. But surprisingly, you're not gonna see even one punch in it! It's all about peter's amazing relationship with his kind uncle (make sure you read it if you haven't yet, btw!) But when it comes to cinema, everything works differently. There has to be a conflict and resolution so you can have a good story, without that, it'll be boring. For instance, you said they can make a movie about Ant-Man and Iron Man building a new technology and seeing what kind of an impact it'll have on society, well, okay that's good, but what about after that? What's gonna happen? How exatcly a movie like this is gonna end? Movies need to mean something, all you said can be part of a movie, not the whole concept.
    The movie would end with them seeing the impact of their inventions. They always talk about in the movies but we never see the actual impact. The sequel could have the villain react to that. Think of how a shrinking/growing device, arc reactor, AI, holograms or some other quantum tech would change people's lives, for better or worse. It would be more of a drama/dramedy character examination type movie. They'd still use their powers to create the tech, and if people are misusing it, they'd respond to it.

All they have to do is look at all the dramas and comedies made every year which don't have villains. Just focus on the heroes' actions