Page 278 of 283 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

All-New Member

You know, what i would want to see is a movie focusing on the main character and the problems he/she usually deals with in life. I don't have a problem with villans being the stars of the movie, i just wanna see other aspects of heroes and the decisions the make in different life situations. That's why i love Spider-Man 2 by Sam Raimi, Doc Ock is definately one of the best comic movie villains there is, but we also get to see peter's problems and the way he reacts to them. We get to see "From Zero To Hero" in this movie and communicate with the main character so deeply, that's what i want from a superhero movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    You know, what i would want to see is a movie focusing on the main character and the problems he/she usually deals with in life. I don't have a problem with villans being the stars of the movie, i just wanna see other aspects of heroes and the decisions the make in different life situations. That's why i love Spider-Man 2 by Sam Raimi, Doc Ock is definately one of the best comic movies there is, but we also get to see peter's problems and the way he reacts to them. We get to see "From Zero To Hero" in this movie and communicate with the main character so deeply, that's what i want from a superhero movie.
    Interesting. I feel like Ant-Man, Ant-Man & the Wasp, WandaVision, GoG and maybe even Dr. Strange didn't actually need villains in their plots. The heroes' storylines seemed fairly separate from the villains'

I think the day-to-day stuff, or at least the life of a superhero, can be interesting. As long as it doesn't devolve into a soap opera, I think it could work. But I think a shorter run time would probably benefit it.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The movie would end with them seeing the impact of their inventions. They always talk about in the movies but we never see the actual impact. The sequel could have the villain react to that.
    That would work, but perhaps not for a comic-book movie. Companies can make a movie about a scientist trying to build something so as to change people's lives, and that's it. But man, when it comes to comic movies, when it comes to movies where some well-known, beloved characters from comic pages appear, it needs to be more epic to satisfy fans.

All-New Member

Interesting. I feel like Ant-Man, Ant-Man & the Wasp, WandaVision, GoG and maybe even Dr. Strange didn't actually need villains in their plots. The heroes' storylines seemed fairly separate from the villains'

I think the day-to-day stuff, or at least the life of a superhero, can be interesting. As long as it doesn't devolve into a soap opera, I think it could work. But I think a shorter run time would probably benefit it.
    I see. You wanna see your favorite characters in different, challneging life situations, that's what i would love to see too. But if you take out the villain and just focus on the protagonist, i don't think it can be called a super-hero movie anymore, it's just a normal movie that comic characters appear in!

Ultimate Member

That would work, but perhaps not for a comic-book movie. Companies can make a movie about a scientist trying to build something so as to change people's lives, and that's it. But man, when it comes to comic movies, when it comes to movies where some well-known, beloved characters from comic pages appear, it needs to be more epic to satisfy fans.
    I guess I disagree on that. If the heroes are well done, and the story is consistent, I don't think it needs to necessarily be something epic. Most of the villains they chose are Z-listers anyway.

Ultimate Member

I see. You wanna see your favorite characters in different, challneging life situations, that's what i would love to see too. But if you take out the villain and just focus on the protagonist, i don't think it can be called a super-hero movie anymore, it's just a normal movie that comic characters appear in!
    Well, it would be a hero movie because it still has heroes. I think characters don't need to fight someone to necessarily be a hero. They just need to accomplish or try to accomplish something. But yeah, that's what I'd like to see too!

I think the first Ant-Man, GoTG, and Dr. Strange definitely needed their villains in those movies.

All-New Member

Well, it would be a hero movie because it still has heroes. I think characters don't need to fight someone to necessarily be a hero. They just need to accomplish or try to accomplish something. But yeah, that's what I'd like to see too!
    Yeah, but it should be noted that they're SUPERHEROES, they're not some ordinary people, so what they accomplish or try to accomplish is fighting with threats. But yeah, the interesting part is that we can see more of their human personality traits during their struggling for making the world a safer and better place, Somethig like Demon in a Bottle story arc or Amazing Spider-Man #50 which were about the problems those superhero have in life.
    Last edited by Bruce Lee; 04-21-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the first Ant-Man, GoTG, and Dr. Strange definitely needed their villains in those movies.
    Really? I thought the villain plots were so weak, and the heroes' stories were barely related to it

Yeah, but it should be noted that they're SUPERHEROES, they're not some ordinary people, so what they accomplish or try to accomplish is fighting with threats. But yeah, the interesting part is that we can see more of their human personality traits during their struggling for making the world a safer and better place, Somethig like Demon in a Bottle story arc or Amazing Spider-Man #50 which were about the problems those superhero have in life.
    Super implies superpowers, which they have, at least IMO

Really? I thought the villain plots were so weak, and the heroes' stories were barely related to it
    The entire plot hinged on stopping them though. It just correlated with the heroes' origin stories.

Ultimate Member

The entire plot hinged on stopping them though. It just correlated with the heroes' origin stories.
    I guess so. But in AMaW it was mostly about saving Janet, and in GoG they were fighting each other for most of the movie

I guess so. But in AMaW it was mostly about saving Janet, and in GoG they were fighting each other for most of the movie
    I'll grant you AMaW, but in GoTG the only reason they came together was, more or less, to fight Ronan.

Ultimate Member

I'll grant you AMaW, but in GoTG the only reason they came together was, more or less, to fight Ronan.
    Oh, I thought they all just wanted the Stone, and then went against Ronan when he took it

Oh, I thought they all just wanted the Stone, and then went against Ronan when he took it
    But it was Ronan wanting the Stone that really set the plot off.

Ultimate Member

But it was Ronan wanting the Stone that really set the plot off.
    True, but Ronan wanted it for Thanos. Had Thanos just sent Gamora, that part wouldn't change. Only the climax would've