Page 38 of 283 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's ATJ! lol

He would indeed make a good Billy when he was younger...
    Ooooh so its a YOUNGER ATJ. hahahaha. oh wow

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    To be fair, it is a very well executed fan trailer. If they just put a big "fan trailer" mark instead of trying to show it as real, it would probably be received a lot better.
    I know I would be a lot less irritated if they had.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    To be fair, it is a very well executed fan trailer. If they just put a big "fan trailer" mark instead of trying to show it as real, it would probably be received a lot better.
    Yeah, I absolutely hate when they bait people into thinking something is legit. Seen it a lot lately with "Spider-Man 3" trailers that just mash up the old films with the new.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Okay, I know I was a little bit hard on WandaVision earlier. And I apologize for spreading my negativity. I really had no idea what came over me. I thought I was just making some helpful suggestions, but looking back I was just being a nitpicky *******. So I apologize for all that ****. I watched some of the earlier episodes of the series, and I found myself (almost against my will) laughing at more of the jokes than I did before. I do think Episode 4 was important for the show, however. I think anybody who had already given up on WandaVision, it was a great opportunity to get back on board. And I think that happened. But Good Lord there was a LOT of exposition in episode 4. I mean, Marvel Studios should have just called that episode the Exposition Episode. And a decent amount of technobabble was present too. I thought I was watching an episode of fucking STAR TREK sometimes. But it did move the plot forward, which I think was needed. It didn't reveal how Vision came back, how the twin boys were created and who the villains were. So it didn't answer the most important questions from the show. I'm not really familiar with SWORD, so I needed a primer on them. I'm also happy that there were no action sequences. They can save that for later. I liked the fact that they put some of the focus on Jimmy, Darcy and Monica, but I missed Wanda, Vision and Agnes. I wanna see more of them again soon. I'm actually hoping that WandaVision goes back to its surrealist sitcom roots again. And I don't mind if they slow things down once more. I know some non-MCU viewers of the show might have been somewhat alienated by Episode 4, so I think the series should return to the sitcom stuff. Maybe because the humor of Petticoat Junction and That Girl seems kind of dated to me, so I wasn't connecting to the tributes to earlier sitcoms as much as I wanted to. Ward Cleaver and Ozzie Nelson are fathers for a lot of sitcom watchers, but Homer Simpson, Philip Banks, Al Bundy, Dan Conner, Tim Taylor and Danny Tanner are MY sitcom fathers. So as we ease into the 80s, 90s, and 2000s, I'm looking forward to a change in style of humor that I'm more used to. So I want to express my regrets for turning into a cantankerous piece of garbage. But I DO think we need to discuss the absolute ridiculousness of WandaVision having nearly 7 MINUTES of credits every episode. That's crazy and EXTREMELY irritating. **** that. I need more Wanda and Vision, and less credits.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-03-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    And a decent amount of technobabble was present too.
    Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation is a real term, and modulating a signal on a frequency is common technique. I am surprised that Marvel got stuff like this right.

I thought I was watching an episode of fucking STAR TREK sometimes.
    It reminded me more of an Episode of X-Files, and I loved it!

I thought I was watching an episode of fucking STAR TREK sometimes.
    And that would be bad because ...

But I DO think we need to discuss the absolute ridiculousness of WandaVision having nearly 7 MINUTES of credits every episode. That's crazy and EXTREMELY irritating. **** that. I need more Wanda and Vision, and less credits.
    The episode lengths are not fixed, so its not like more credits result in less actual content. The episodes have to get longer, and they will be, otherwise the series will not reach the announced 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation is a real term, and modulating a signal on a frequency is common technique. I am surprised that Marvel got stuff like this right.

It reminded me more of an Episode of X-Files, and I loved it!

And that would be bad because ...

The episode lengths are not fixed, so its not like more credits result in less actual content. The episodes have to get longer, and they will be, otherwise the series will not reach the announced 6 hours.
    It's definitely NOT bad that the episode felt like an X-Files and/or Star Trek one. In fact, I'm absolutely thrilled because I LOVE science fiction. And you're right, I'm delighted that Marvel Studios brought in scientific consultants to make sure the science in the MCU is plausible and realistic. To be honest, I'm very satisfied that Disney is giving Wanda's magical powers a scientific foundation. I think writers will try to get away with too much if they base their stories on magic and mysticism alone. I think Wonder Woman 1984 is a good example of that. I know the episodes will get longer, but I thought they could have "padded" the earlier sitcom episodes with more jokes and plot developments. But that's just me. Episode 4 might have been my favorite one if I'm being honest. I just missed Wanda, Vision and Agnes a lot. But I think some exposition was necessary to move the plot forward. Now I'm very much looking forward to the "Saved by the Bell" era of WandaVision which is coming up. RIP Screech. Like I said, I really liked Episode 4 a lot, but I'm expecting great things from the following ones too. I think the few doubters of this series have largely been silenced after what happened in last week's episode. And it was cool they added a bit of horror to it as well. I thought when Marvel lowered the rating for the show, that kind of thing wouldn't happen. I've been totally proved wrong and I'm happy that I have been.

Episode 5 is goooooooooooood!

Henry Winkler
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

The whole episode was incredible, but those last five minutes!
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 02-05-2021 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    The whole episode was incredible, but those last five minutes!
    Last 5 were good, but spoilers:
    Wanda stepping out of the bubble
    end of spoilers had me clutching my pearls!

spoilers:
    The SWORD director is starting to give me vibes of being a combo of Henry Gyrich and Mr. Random. The revelation that Wanda isn't controlling things and had nothing to do with this version of Pietro (if it is really alt Pietro) seems to show that Wanda is also realizing that she's not in control completely. Her saying she didn't know how it even started really hints at this meaning that she's not the one pulling the strings but is pulling others' strings because of someone or something else. And I really hope she's the one to pull herself and everyone else out of this. And I hope it starts happening soon. Because the tragedy of it all is really so much.

I also find it a bit weird that Wanda went along with the version of Pietro that wasn't her brother. I know if some guy showed up at my door claiming to be my brother but obviously wasn't, I'd slam that door shut, lock it and call the police. That also seems to be an indication that she's controlled to a point.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-05-2021 at 02:17 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I hate it that Wanda is the villain of her own show.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think it’s not wise to make assumptions right now. 4 episodes left and it seems like there’s a lot of misdirection going on. Especially when in the last episode there are bits of footage from one type of camera and then there are actual shots from a different camera in trailers.... more twists coming.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 02-05-2021 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    We don't know that she is just yet. And in this episode spoilers:
    She very matter of fact explained to Vision that she's not completely in control. We are leading up to the climax of the show. After that will likely be the plot twist. It's typical of story arcs.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I think it’s not wise to make assumptions right now. 4 episodes left and it seems like there’s a lot of misdirection going on.
    5 episodes...Watch the new one.

But yes. Wait and see for sure.