Page 46 of 283 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    There's a "her" that is behind the brainwashing. If it's not Wanda, maybe it's Dottie?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Could be, I think Agnes said Dottie controlled everything in town and Wanda would be fine as long as she was on her good side
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Wow. That was one sad episode.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    spoilers:
    I honestly loved it when she turned his own soldiers guns towards him!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly after I saw the episode thinking about how he was acting towards his Team, his actions and how he talk wiath hints of Bigotry towards Metahumans, I was glad he got those turned on him too. ;-)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I wonder....

spoilers:
    if Rhodes (War Machine) is the aerospace engineer that Monica knows. I have seen other theories suggesting Reed or Sue Richards, which would also be cool. Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it. It is strangely hard to highlight spoilers on my tablet.

I also suspect that Agnes may have killed the dog similar to the cat in the comics to gain some sort of divination powers or something to protect herself or help Wanda.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Rhodes would be Very Cool, but if they Susan Storm or Reed Richard I will flip my lid and I am sure most of the Fanbase will as well, LOL, that be Beyond Epic!

It has not really been dicussed either so no apologizes needed.

I did seem like somekind of test, I am hoping that Wanda showed some good positives in her chooses and words to her kids to will be considered as by Agnes and/or whoever else might be behind the curtains.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think I've seen anyone commenting about that yet, but the way spoilers:
    Sparky died was very, very strange. If Agnes really is supposed to be Agatha, maybe it was a reference to how she killed her cat Ebony on The Vision after he ate that flower? 'Cause that's what it reminded me of.
    end of spoilers

It'll come up, specially after the tease about spoilers:
    how Wanda has no superhero codename. That was definitely a hint that she'll get one by the end of the show, and I'm willing to bet that's where the inspiration from her solo will come from. And remember: there were set pictures with Agnes and a coven a witches.
    end of spoilers We're probably gonna see all that stuff on the last few episodes, though.

It wasn't just the picture he posted on Twitter. Jac Schaeffer's ''wall'' with comics that inspired the show has a panel from her solo too.
    So, not a spoiler, my own speculation, but for some reason I think if they're trying to make the point or connections to 'witchy' stuff; ie; 'Agatha', et all, and Wanda's new revised family history, than

maybe these towns folks are New Salem and/or Salem's Seven. Where is Dottie, too?
    I felt there was something magical/significant about the dog and I have a feeling that/it will return somehow.

This whole thing is probably transitioning Wanda in terms of her power set and how her family Witch-edness might swap in stuff, or Agatha will be involved in that?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ok episode 5 was freakin great and definitely can't wait to see where things go from here.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So, not a spoiler, my own speculation, but for some reason I think if they're trying to make the point or connections to 'witchy' stuff; ie; 'Agatha', et all, and Wanda's new revised family history, than

maybe these towns folks are New Salem and/or Salem's Seven. Where is Dottie, too?
    I felt there was something magical/significant about the dog and I have a feeling that/it will return somehow.

This whole thing is probably transitioning Wanda in terms of her power set and how her family Witch-edness might swap in stuff, or Agatha will be involved in that?
    I felt like the dog dying was like a test to get Wanda to resurrect it. Her speech to the boys was a good argument why I don’t think she’s behind everything.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I felt like the dog dying was like a test to get Wanda to resurrect it. Her speech to the boys was a good argument why I don’t think she’s behind everything.
    Not that parents can't be hypocritical but it felt weird for her to advocate for moving on instead of trying to forcibly resurrect someone who died when you look at Vision. At least without any sense of the irony of her saying that.

Which is why it seems like Wanda didn't just steal Vision and then try to revive him.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    She seemed too surprised to find out she could bring him back. Especially since she was unfazed by everything else.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting non-spoiler thing from the credits: all the previous episodes had a list of creators to whom they gave "special thanks," mostly writers and artists who created characters or storylines referenced in the show. This episode adds two lines:

Wanda Maximoff created by STAN LEE and JACK KIRBY
    Vision created by ROY THOMAS and JOHN BUSCEMA

The Lee/Kirby credits have been standard at Marvel ever since Disney settled with Jack Kirby's estate, but they don't usually give official creator credit to anyone else except Lee/Kirby, Lee/Ditko and Simon/Kirby.

(And yes, Wanda was credited as "Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch" in all the previous MCU projects. This show makes a point of calling her Wanda Maximoff because she's not the Scarlet Witch yet.)
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-05-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Man a lot of people are going to look stupid if it turns out Dottie is just a completely normal minor character

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Man a lot of people are going to look stupid if it turns out Dottie is just a completely normal minor character
    Well, there has to be a reason SWORD hasn't pegged her identity yet like they haven't with Agnes.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I don't think anyone's theories are dumb because anything is possible with this show. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. We are all Jimmy Woo and Darcy here.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Mighty Member

This show is scratching an itch that I've not felt since Twin Peaks and HOXPOX.
    I just caught up today and was pretty much invested by the end of episode 3.
    I have a lot of questions, and I don't think some of them will be answered for another few years.

Okay Disney, you got me in a place I didn't expect (after I swore off any Disney films and shows after Rise of Skywalker).
    Let's see what you're going to do next.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The townspeople always seem to say “she’s controlling me” etc.
    They never specifically say Wanda...

spoilers:
    What I realized is that maybe Wanda didn't sleep with dead Vision. I know Agnes will say he's dead, but, he has to be living to some extent. Because Wanda finds him in SWORD and he's in pieces. But when she sees him in the previous episode he looks how Thanos left him. So I wonder if what she saw then was her trauma replaying seeing him how he was laying on the ground in Wakanda. Because she would have had to have rebuilt him from the state his was in when she found him at the SWORD facility. I rewatched IW and they make a point of saying that Vision is more than the mind stone and can exist without it.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.