Page 48 of 283 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Have we asked the question...spoilers:
    what if Pietro isn't Pietro...or even Peter....what if he is just some random guy who Wanda has 'altered' to believe he is her brother?
    end of spoilers
    Then why would the character look like that?
    Last edited by stingray; 02-06-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Then why would the character look like that?
    Because she has not changed people's appearances....just their personalities.

Incredible Member

Because she has not changed people's appearances....just their personalities.
    I get that, but why would a random guy just happen to look like THAT character? There's clearly something more going on.

The S.W.O.R.D. director may have played a more direct role in causing the Hex. The way he presented the footage of Wanda breaking into their headquarters was suspicious, like he was hiding key details. And Jimmy Woo mentioning how Vision never wanted to become a weapon felt like foreshadowing. Maybe the S.W.O.R.D. scientists already made some devious alterations to his body before Wanda rescued it.

Extraordinary Member

I get that, but why would a random guy just happen to look like THAT character? There's clearly something more going on.
    Because they knew fans would eat it up.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it may turn out to mean something more, but it could be just an in-joke for the viewers.

Incredible Member

Because they knew fans would eat it up.
    Maybe, but I think a lot of fans are going to be pissed off if it's just a red herring!

Maybe, but I think a lot of fans are going to be pissed off if it's just a red herring!
    spoilers:
    Honestly, I have been theorizing more mundane reasons (it's an agent inserted by SWORD, or just Mephisto cruelly screwing with Wanda, etc.) precisely because I don't want to have my hopes dashed! I like Quicksilver, I like Evan Peters, and I like Evan Peters AS Quicksilver, even if he wasn't exactly like the comics.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vegeta; 02-06-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The S.W.O.R.D. director may have played a more direct role in causing the Hex. The way he presented the footage of Wanda breaking into their headquarters was suspicious, like he was hiding key details. And Jimmy Woo mentioning how Vision never wanted to become a weapon felt like foreshadowing. Maybe the S.W.O.R.D. scientists already made some devious alterations to his body before Wanda rescued it.
    And Hayward was the one who jumped on the idea that Wanda resurrecting Vision was her "weaponizing" him.

Extraordinary Member

Hayward is so obviously being set up as a villain that I almost hope the twist is that he isn't and is just really dumb.

I still feel like the show could have done without this Obviously Wrong guy. It seems like he just exists to say and do the wrong thing at every turn, and allow Monica, Darcy and Jimmy to be right.

I think I'm mentally prepared for it. It was believed that Namor was in Captain America: First Avenger for a while and it ended up being just a Hydra dude. Then there was the Adam Warlock tease that I'm still waiting on panning out. That Gunn has trolled about whether or not he'll appear.

Not to mention all the times comics have teased something on the covers and it didn't happen in the books. Characters coming back that really weren't them. Tons of things. I tend to tone down my expectations and then if something exciting happens, it's really cool. But if it doesn't, it's not a huge letdown.

Lots of people have also predicted that Pietro (Peter?) might not be himself. So I think everyone knows right now that anything can go with this show.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Especially with Fiege being so open about this show leading into Multiverse of Madness. I don't believe they got the Fox actor just for a fun easter egg.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I haven't watched the most recent episodes, not sure when/if I will- but if they're smart, they'll bring spoilers:
    Evan Peters in as 100% Quicksilver in the MCU
    end of spoilers. The dude is way too great to just leave behind. spoilers:
    A lot of the X-Men actors are tbh.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-06-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I haven't watched the most recent episodes, not sure when/if I will- but if they're smart, they'll bring spoilers:
    Evan Peters in as 100% Quicksilver in the MCU
    end of spoilers. The dude is way too great to just leave behind. spoilers:
    A lot of the X-Men actors are tbh.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Evans is okay but a lot of the new X-Men in the Fox world aren't great, actor wise. Cyclops, Jean, Mystique, Storm were all really dull compared to the actors that played them before.
    end of spoilers

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    spoilers:
    Evans is okay but a lot of the new X-Men in the Fox world aren't great, actor wise. Cyclops, Jean, Mystique, Storm were all really dull compared to the actors that played them before.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really liked the new Cyclops, Storm, and Mystique actors! Didn't care for Jean. Primarily I'd like to see Xavier, Cyclops, Jubliee, Quicksilver, Beast, Magneto, etc be carried over.
    end of spoilers