Page 50 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I don't want him to be the bad guy either...and like Woo said...his brief was an over simplification. But I do see where he was coming from trying to take Wanda out. With the information they have Wanda is a threat who kidnapped hundreds (thousands??) of people into her little corner of reality and is a serious threat to the world. But at the same time I agree with you he went about things all wrong by withholding info on the armed drone and should have been willing to think about what is going on in a broader context and try to diffuse the situation without violence before resorting to it.
    Oh yeah, SWORD having plans to take Wanda down is totally valid. From the outside looking in, she's probably pretty gods damn scary; started out as a terrorist and seemingly only switched sides when her own country was in danger. Accidentally killed people in Lagos, then became a wanted felon and spent years in hiding, then ripped a lab apart and stole Vision's corpse, which she then seemingly animated while taking control of an entire town. And she's taken down the Avengers by herself and would've done Thanos in if she had gone for the head instead of trying to rip him apart slowly. Yeah, Wanda is a scary mofo if you don't know her.

How the SWORD director (gods what *is* his name??) has gone about things is totally wrong and foolish, but I don't blame him at all for treating Wanda like a potential threat and taking steps to deal with her.

He might just be in over his head and incompetent but otherwise innocent, or he might be doing all this on purpose. I figure at the very least he was trying to weaponize Vision and is trying to keep that a secret (such a thing would fit the "sentient weapon" mandate and it's the kind of crap Fury would pull), but at worst he might be Nightmare or Mephisto or whoever's behind it all, putting up enough stress to make Wanda want to stay in West View. Hell, he might be a skrull. We know there's that upcoming Secret Invasion show, Woo mentioned them on his white board, and like someone else said, Monica trusted the guy before the Snap but so far he doesn't seem like he deserves that, so either the five years between blips were really hard on him and he lost his edge (possible) or maybe he got replaced at some point.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Also, the further he show gets on the more I think those Teddy casting rumors were for Secret Invasion and not WandaVision. Not a lot of space for all the stuff thats going on and also bringing in Skrulls

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That is really one of my issues with Endgame...why didn't Tony and Bruce rebuild Vision?
    The whole idea with the Mind Stone in Infinity War was that if they removed it carefully with Shuris help they could keep Vision alive without the Stone so they could destroy it without having to kill him to do so.

Which is different than Thanos ripping it out of his forehead completely.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The whole idea with the Mind Stone in Infinity War was that if they removed it carefully with Shuris help they could keep Vision alive without the Stone so they could destroy it without having to kill him to do so.

Being that he's synthetic, it doesn't matter. Because he can be rebuilt. It's not like when a human receives that sort of injury.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Mighty Member

I always found his death in infinity war dumb as I was like 'just upload him to a computer, remove the stone, destroy it, and then have the best minds come up with a way to rebuild the body without it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I always found his death in infinity war dumb as I was like 'just upload him to a computer, remove the stone, destroy it, and then have the best minds come up with a way to rebuild the body without it.
    He is a synthezoid, not an AI controlling a body that can be switched at any time. MCU Vision is even more of an organic life form than comic Vision considering he has cell structures. Uploading his consciousness to a computer is probably only slightly easier than uploading a human one to a computer.(Yes, Ultron upload his consciousness into Vision, but I doubt the other way around is as easy, remember how Vision is a totally different entity from Ultron or Jarvis despite having part of his data in AOU? Uploading him to a different hardware could very well destroy the Vision as we know him.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-07-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Also, the further he show gets on the more I think those Teddy casting rumors were for Secret Invasion and not WandaVision. Not a lot of space for all the stuff thats going on and also bringing in Skrulls
    That casting call was specifically for something that was shooting last year. The scoopers who reported it said as much. So it couldn't have been for Secret Invasion, since the show was, at best, at pre-production at the time. And we don't know how much that ''skrull refugee'' will appear on the show, so he won't necessarily need a lot of space. For all we know, he could be in one single scene, maybe even a post-credits one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Being that he's synthetic, it doesn't matter. Because he can be rebuilt. It's not like when a human receives that sort of injury.
    This...could have rebuilt the body...but maybe he is not all there afterwards....cold and emotionless.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    But Ultron was the one who designed his body. There's nothing else like Vision on the planet. If he could just easily be rebuilt then Infinity War would have ended in six seconds when Caps team realizes they need to destroy the stone. He's not just a robot with AI in it, like Ultron was.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That casting call was specifically for something that was shooting last year. The scoopers who reported it said as much. So it couldn't have been for Secret Invasion, since the show was, at best, at pre-production at the time. And we don't know how much that ''skrull refugee'' will appear on the show, so he won't necessarily need a lot of space. For all we know, he could be in one single scene, maybe even a post-credits one.
    I dunno. Marvel's had casts lined up far in advance before, Riri was announced to have been cast at the same time her show was announced. Hell they kept Blades existence secret, let alone that he'd been cast.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 02-07-2021 at 08:18 AM.

I heard some riffing off that idea, which I think is splendid.

Team Jimmy with Darcy and do an X-files take, yeah! Jimmy is sort of retconned/tied to '50s Marvel, (Atlas) and there you have the trove of various weird science, supernatural stuff that could be their 'reason' to exist.

Does anyone remember or know that the first iteration of 'Groot' was from one of these late '50s pre-Marvel comic stories?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

One thing I've learned from watching the reaction to Episode 5 online is that people apparently really like Evan Peters's version of Quicksilver. I always kind of wrote that portrayal off as a miss, albeit an interesting one. He had some fun superpower set pieces in the X-Men movies with that whole "Quicksilver-time" thing, but he ultimately had the same problems as characters usually do in the X-Men movies. His past and personality just seemed to be extremely watered down. And not even a watered down version of regular Pietro, but a watered down version of the cocky, arrogant kid version from X-Men Evolution. Aaron Taylor Johnson's version was a lot closer in personality but his role in Age of Ultron suffered from not giving him enough to do and not depicting super-speed in a particularly interesting way.

But everywhere I've seen WandaVision discussion, someone's like "Yay, they brought in the cooler, funner, better version of Quicksilver!"

You know, part of me wants to blame those aforementioned set pieces, but really I kind of blame the comics themselves. They've just made Pietro so unstable and so abrasive over the decades that even a lot of comics fans are probably like "Oh, thank God they're not doing the pissy version of Quicksilver."

All of these characters have so many decades of 'baggage' of various sorts.

How many times has Agatha been bait and switched in the comics both in the FF and with Wanda, as possibly more evil than we know? Then she turns out to be just knowing things and having a diff agenda
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    All of these characters have so many decades of 'baggage' of various sorts.

How many times has Agatha been bait and switched in the comics both in the FF and with Wanda, as possibly more evil than we know? Then she turns out to be just knowing things and having a diff agenda
    Agatha has never been evil towards Wanda.

But Ultron was the one who designed his body. There's nothing else like Vision on the planet. If he could just easily be rebuilt then Infinity War would have ended in six seconds when Caps team realizes they need to destroy the stone. He's not just a robot with AI in it, like Ultron was.
    There's no part of me that believes that no one could figure it out. In comics both Hank and Tony rebuilt Vision. They could have done it if they wanted to. It obviously just didn't fit the plot.