Page 51 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There's no part of me that believes that no one could figure it out. In comics both Hank and Tony rebuilt Vision. They could have done it if they wanted to. It obviously just didn't fit the plot.
    Yeah, he's been rebuilt multiple times in the comics. sometimes (Byrne's West Coast Avengers) he comes back cold and emotionless, but at least he has the chance to become himself again. It's always bugged me no one in the movies mentions rebuilding him. Maybe when Reed gets introduced at some point, he, Tony, and Hank can do something eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, he's been rebuilt multiple times in the comics. sometimes (Byrne's West Coast Avengers) he comes back cold and emotionless, but at least he has the chance to become himself again. It's always bugged me no one in the movies mentions rebuilding him. Maybe when Reed gets introduced at some point, he, Tony, and Hank can do something eventually.
    And the only reason he was without emotions for a time was because Wonder Man didn't want to give his brain patterns back to Vision. He had a crush on Wanda and didn't want her being back with Vision. In the movies it's based on JARVIS the AI program, so they can upload that anytime.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    One thing I've learned from watching the reaction to Episode 5 online is that people apparently really like Evan Peters's version of Quicksilver. I always kind of wrote that portrayal off as a miss, albeit an interesting one. He had some fun superpower set pieces in the X-Men movies with that whole "Quicksilver-time" thing, but he ultimately had the same problems as characters usually do in the X-Men movies. His past and personality just seemed to be extremely watered down. And not even a watered down version of regular Pietro, but a watered down version of the cocky, arrogant kid version from X-Men Evolution. Aaron Taylor Johnson's version was a lot closer in personality but his role in Age of Ultron suffered from not giving him enough to do and not depicting super-speed in a particularly interesting way.

But everywhere I've seen WandaVision discussion, someone's like "Yay, they brought in the cooler, funner, better version of Quicksilver!"

You know, part of me wants to blame those aforementioned set pieces, but really I kind of blame the comics themselves. They've just made Pietro so unstable and so abrasive over the decades that even a lot of comics fans are probably like "Oh, thank God they're not doing the pissy version of Quicksilver."
    Peter in the X-Men movies was more like Speed (Tommy) than he was Pietro Maximoff.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Agatha has never been evil towards Wanda.
    No, but there were times that she was made to look sinister to the Avengers, during her original tutelage of Wanda. It was all switch and bait. Think it happened with Ff too or elsewhere. Just riffing off her "witch" persona. Which, of course, Witches are not automatically evil, tee-hee.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Because his movie origin is much more complicated in how he's built than the comics, specifically not having a frigging Infinity Stone in his head

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Because his movie origin is much more complicated in how he's built than the comics, specifically not having a frigging Infinity Stone in his head
    It's really not that complicated. Tony and Bruce accidentally created Ultron. Ultron creates the Vision. The stone replaces the solar gem. JARVIS replaces Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Peter in the X-Men movies was more like Speed (Tommy) than he was Pietro Maximoff.
    He only had one cool scene and that was it.

Aaron Taylor had more personality and a arc

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    One thing I've learned from watching the reaction to Episode 5 online is that people apparently really like Evan Peters's version of Quicksilver. I always kind of wrote that portrayal off as a miss, albeit an interesting one. He had some fun superpower set pieces in the X-Men movies with that whole "Quicksilver-time" thing, but he ultimately had the same problems as characters usually do in the X-Men movies. His past and personality just seemed to be extremely watered down. And not even a watered down version of regular Pietro, but a watered down version of the cocky, arrogant kid version from X-Men Evolution. Aaron Taylor Johnson's version was a lot closer in personality but his role in Age of Ultron suffered from not giving him enough to do and not depicting super-speed in a particularly interesting way.

But everywhere I've seen WandaVision discussion, someone's like "Yay, they brought in the cooler, funner, better version of Quicksilver!"

You know, part of me wants to blame those aforementioned set pieces, but really I kind of blame the comics themselves. They've just made Pietro so unstable and so abrasive over the decades that even a lot of comics fans are probably like "Oh, thank God they're not doing the pissy version of Quicksilver."
    One day internet thinks MCU movies are good and on the next they are awfl and Fox-xmen are the best.

I owuldn't read too much on this.
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-07-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Y'all need to stop assuming every new character is secretly evil or Mephisto. Ralph is Mephisto, Dottie is Mephisto, the Sword director is Mephisto/Grim Reaper/any other random villain

Fantastic Member

Tyler Hayward was a character in the 90s Darkhold comic who hated the Japanese was tricked by Chthon into warping reality so he was reliving World War 2. I find it curious how he has pictures in the shape of a hexagon on a wall, and the perimeter of the SWORD base is hexagon shaped. The SWORD base might not even exist. It too might have been an illusion.

I do think the Darkhold is what is behind the bubble, as this is way beyond Wanda's power. It is massively boosting Wanda's chaos magic and as such is largely indistinguishable from Wanda. In a realm created by the Darkhold, Wanda would be very powerful indeed, but not in total control.
    Because Wanda has accepted SPOILER's death, when the villain(s) tried to use it to resurrect SPOILER to distract Wanda, but the Darkhold pulled in another SPOILER instead.

There's a sense that Wanda kind of thinks this is a dream, not literally, but she views it as unreal, and on the other hand can't face the real world. She does not want to wake up. Of course, the more things go wrong, the more the real world intrudes, she realizes it's not a dream, perhaps a reverse of the "person realizes the world they are in is not real", instead she realizes it is real.

Also, the town called WestView means View of the West, how Wanda viewed America when she watched these sitcoms.
    Last edited by Relugus; 02-07-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Y'all need to stop assuming every new character is secretly evil or Mephisto. Ralph is Mephisto, Dottie is Mephisto, the Sword director is Mephisto/Grim Reaper/any other random villain
    There's people who think one of the Giraffe statues was Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    There's people who think one of the Giraffe statues was Mephisto.
    That really make me laugh out loud!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Tyler Hayward was a character in the 90s Darkhold comic who hated the Japanese was tricked by Chthon into warping reality so he was reliving World War 2. I find it curious how he has pictures in the shape of a hexagon on a wall, and the perimeter of the SWORD base is hexagon shaped. The SWORD base might not even exist. It too might have been an illusion.

I do think the Darkhold is what is behind the bubble, as this is way beyond Wanda's power. It is massively boosting Wanda's chaos magic and as such is largely indistinguishable from Wanda. In a realm created by the Darkhold, Wanda would be very powerful indeed, but not in total control.
    Because Wanda has accepted SPOILER's death, when the villain(s) tried to use it to resurrect SPOILER to distract Wanda, but the Darkhold pulled in another SPOILER instead.

There's a sense that Wanda kind of thinks this is a dream, not literally, but she views it as unreal, and on the other hand can't face the real world. She does not want to wake up. Of course, the more things go wrong, the more the real world intrudes, she realizes it's not a dream, perhaps a reverse of the "person realizes the world they are in is not real", instead she realizes it is real.

Also, the town called WestView means View of the West, how Wanda viewed America when she watched these sitcoms.
    If they are using this connection that would be even more awesome than the Mephisto story and it would explain why Hayward keep information from Monica about Wanda taking Vision´s body from SWORD if he has an interest in keeping this reality and has a previous relationship with Chton it would also finally bring Wanda´s lore into the MCU.

I would like to see more of Agatha story and her relationship with all this, they could even bring the Echantress or Morgan Le fay(They could be Dottie) because I could see them be interested in the Darkhold and Le Fey was present to stop Chton from breaking free the same day Wanda was born so lest hope they manage to involve them into this.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

So Mephisto is confirmed? Or people just saying that cause that's the OG origin of the Minimoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So Mephisto is confirmed? Or people just saying that cause that's the OG origin of the Minimoffs?
    Not confirmed. And not really the OG origin either. Just the Byrne retconned one. But we'll have to wait and see. I'm hoping they just get to grow up fast and become the YA. No more tragedies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think it all started with a rumor that Evan was playing him. Why so many people believe he's not really Quicksilver.