Page 54 of 283 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Reportedly Doom is (or was) the planned villain for Black Panther 2.
    There's been a new rumor about Doom just about every week since Marvel got the rights to the FF and X-Men characters. One speculates that he will make a cameo in the Loki series or Doctor Strange 2, etc. I wouldn't mind if he's teased during the closing credits but I really don't consider him a Black Panther villain. I have long been disappointed that other MCU properties have appropriated things from FF lore, like Tony Stark discovering time travel, which was brought in the the MCU very early on when Doom used his time platform in FF#5. I'd hate to see another MCU character steal away their main adversary

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVision Theory: Agnes Is Controlling Westview
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-theo...ling-westview/
    I wish all the theories trying to turn Wanda's one maternal influence into a villain would die in a fire.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean maybe but Doom has been the villain of literally every single Fantastic Four movie so far. Putting him against someone else and someone else up against the F4 in their movie will make it feel a lot less stale when they inevitably do face off

Definitely my favorite episode by FAR. Lots of shit happened. Felt like a mash-up of Growing Pains, the Wonder Years and Picket Fences, you know? It was pretty funny at the beginning, then sort of became like a coming of age story and then ended with a Agatha Christie-like twist ending. I like how the episode dealt with subjects like death in a serious way. I also think it's a very healthy thing for the show to emphasize that it's perfectly okay for couples not to see eye-to-eye on everything while not making their relationships totally dysfunctional. I think audiences are tired of superheroes physically brawling with each other when they disagree about stuff, so I'm glad this episode handled conflicts in a totally different way. I personally enjoy how the relationship between Vision and Wanda is developing (Even with the conflicts. They feel really realistic to me). It's not a Stepford Wives thing. I am grateful that Marvel Studios is introducing some emotional maturity in their storytelling here. I also thought Olsen and Bettany were unbelievable in this episode too.

I have to mention that the theme song for the intro of Episode 5 is the best one. It's really sentimental, but not cheesy. The intro themes were very jolly for the first three sitcoms (which I thoroughly enjoyed), but this one was a little bit more poignant because now there's some trouble in paradise. I talked to my father last night and we both reminisced about how the intro music of Growing Pains introduced the cast through photographs of them as they grew up. Either of us haven't watched an episode of that sitcom in thirty years, but we remembered that. So yeah, this episode brought back some memories for me. I know there's probably only one sitcom episode left in WandaVision. Let's hope it's a good one!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-08-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Are there any good theories about why the town doesn't have any children even though almost all the people are real?

Interesting that while Vision finally noticed this, the Exposition People don't seem to have commented on it or provided any exposition of whether or not Westview had children in it before all this started.
    That's... actually a pretty good question. Even if we go by the assumption that the mystery behind the show revolve around Wanda having children, it's definitely weird that in a town where thousands of people disappeared, not ONE person had a child. But I'm guessing this will definitely be explained, because the fact that Vision brought it up definitely means it plays a role in the plot later on. Also, just one episode after Vision mentions this, we actually DO see what appear to be children running around for trick or treating during Halloween. Weird, huh? Only they are ALL wearing masks and we can't see their faces. Even weirder. This whole thing with the children is about to get real creepy, I bet.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    OMGoddess! Wouldn't that be cool. Since of course Dottie seems like a possible suspect or accomplice of their own; the magic show; bunnies. An in joke that goes over everyone's head.
    Sadly Emma Caulfield already said that having her and a rabbit in the same scene was pure accident

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I wish all the theories trying to turn Wanda's one maternal influence into a villain would die in a fire.
    Same.

But if I had no other choice than either Wanda or Agatha being the villain I would in a heartbeat sacrifice Agatha on a burning altar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Same.

But if I had no other choice than either Wanda or Agatha being the villain I would in a heartbeat sacrifice Agatha on a burning altar
    Lol, I understand. I just think the showrunners are more aware than that and neither will be the villain.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Lol, I understand. I just think the showrunners are more aware than that and neither will be the villain.
    Thanks for your understanding

Besides, I think the same

Are there any good theories about why the town doesn't have any children even though almost all the people are real?

Interesting that while Vision finally noticed this, the Exposition People don't seem to have commented on it or provided any exposition of whether or not Westview had children in it before all this started.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's... actually a pretty good question. Even if we go by the assumption that the mystery behind the show revolve around Wanda having children, it's definitely weird that in a town where thousands of people disappeared, not ONE person had a child. But I'm guessing this will definitely be explained, because the fact that Vision brought it up definitely means it plays a role in the plot later on. Also, just one episode after Vision mentions this, we actually DO see what appear to be children running around for trick or treating during Halloween. Weird, huh? Only they are ALL wearing masks and we can't see their faces. Even weirder. This whole thing with the children is about to get real creepy, I bet.
    I'm not going out on a limb, saying that what not happened is that Wanda came to the Town and the first thing she did is murder all the children.

It's quite a new mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    No, it's the bunny (the rabbit from the magic show). Who knows "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and Anya specifically will understand. It must be bunnies
    Poor Anya, those bunnies terrified her
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Are there any good theories about why the town doesn't have any children even though almost all the people are real?.
    Wanda arrived in Westview and said, “No more children.”

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, I don't think so. She seems to be more aware than the rest, but still not fully in control. It's either Dottie or her unseen husband.
    It seems like Agnes is fully aware and merely playing along. But she seemed surprised that Wanda could "fix dead" and relieved when she said that she wouldn't. If anything, I think Agnes has acted more like an interested observer than a villain.

Dottie doesn't seem villainous either to me. If I was making that case, I would say that when she said she didn't believe that Wanda didn't mean any harm, she might've meant that Wanda was disrupting the game Dottie and husband had already set up. When her hand was cut, she bled in color, which could mean that she is outside the illusion like the helicopter.

Hayward is more villainous to me now that I re-watched it, but not mastermind villainous. It's just that Wanda was very pointed towards him when she spoke. She basically accused him of stealing Vision from her and she pointed the guns at him as the biggest threat.

I think what we've got is multiple tiers of bad guy.

At the very top we have Nightmare or Mephisto (or a Mephisto with some Nightmare-isms added in), or some other reality-bending villain pulling the strings who is ultimately responsible for everything. I think the show will end with us learning who this puppet master is but the villain won't be defeated here, that'll be saved for Strange 2. I'm guessing the goal here is to push Wanda to the dark side while also increasing her powers, creating a pawn to control on earth.

Then we have the SWORD director; Hayward or Heywood or something? He's likely got good intentions but is somewhat incompetent and his goals aren't aligned with Wanda's. He's a dangerous idiot who'll likely force another confrontation with her, but he comes by it honestly and he's got the good of SWORD (and by extension the world) at heart. It's possible/likely that he's being subtly manipulated by our puppet master, making the world outside of West View even less appealing to Wanda to help ensure she not only stays in the town, but wants to. I figure at worst he was trying to repair, reprogram, and weaponize Vision. That's a pretty awful thing to do, but is far from "evil."

Then we have Agnes, who seems to be fully aware of whatever's going on in West View but is afraid of drawing too much attention. She's trying to help Wanda work through this seductive illusion but has to be pretty subtle about how she does it (not only for fear of the puppet master but also Wanda, who doesn't really want to leave now), and that'll make her look far more nefarious than she is. But she'll prove she's on the side of the angels in the end after being made to look like the bad guy in a classic bait and switch.

And then there's Wanda herself. After everything with Infinity War/Endgame she's suffering, in pain, confused, and was certainly pulled into West View against her will. But in her state of mind, with a near-perfect life in front of her and the puppet master likely influencing her subtly, she's starting to give in and slide towards the dark side. I think Wanda herself will become the "villain" of the story for a couple episodes; just enough to make us worry where things are going, before coming to her and regaining her hero status.

The biggest question I have right now is whether Wanda will shake off the puppet master's influence before the show wraps, and spend Strange 2 hunting the villain down alongside Strange, or if she'll remain "evil" at the end of Wandavision and provide the first "mini boss" for Strange 2, where she'll snap out of things and *then* help him hunt down the puppet master. In either case Wanda's time as a villain won't last long.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-08-2021 at 06:55 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

I hope they don't end the show on a cliffhanger, regardless of what kind of cliffhanger it is. (If it ended with Wanda as the villain I would just give up on the whole thing, but I don't believe they're going there.) I don't want to have to watch a movie to get the ending of this show (even if the movies aren't all delayed again). This show needs to give us a satisfying ending to the story of Wanda and Vision.

Fortunately I don't think they'll go that route, because Feige is smart about things like this. There may be something that will be used for Doctor Strange 2, but I believe Wanda and Vision's story will be complete here, just like I think Sam and Bucky will tell a complete story regardless of whether Sam becomes Captain America at the end of it.