Page 55 of 283 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I hope they don't end the show on a cliffhanger, regardless of what kind of cliffhanger it is. (If it ended with Wanda as the villain I would just give up on the whole thing, but I don't believe they're going there.) I don't want to have to watch a movie to get the ending of this show (even if the movies aren't all delayed again). This show needs to give us a satisfying ending to the story of Wanda and Vision.

Fortunately I don't think they'll go that route, because Feige is smart about things like this. There may be something that will be used for Doctor Strange 2, but I believe Wanda and Vision's story will be complete here, just like I think Sam and Bucky will tell a complete story regardless of whether Sam becomes Captain America at the end of it.
    Well This Might Help;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And then there's Wanda herself. After everything with Infinity War/Endgame she's suffering, in pain, confused, and was certainly pulled into West View against her will. But in her state of mind, with a near-perfect life in front of her and the puppet master likely influencing her subtly, she's starting to give in and slide towards the dark side. I think Wanda herself will become the "villain" of the story for a couple episodes; just enough to make us worry where things are going, before coming to her and regaining her hero status.

The biggest question I have right now is whether Wanda will shake off the puppet master's influence before the show wraps, and spend Strange 2 hunting the villain down alongside Strange, or if she'll remain "evil" at the end of Wandavision and provide the first "mini boss" for Strange 2, where she'll snap out of things and *then* help him hunt down the puppet master. In either case Wanda's time as a villain won't last long.
    I think by what the Showrunners have been getting at that they likely don't have intenstions of leaving Wanda in a Villains status or if that can be considered even what she is going threw to be exact. What is good about this story and might make it superior to its comic counters is that of not as the showrunners say a woman with to much power can't handle it, but threw pain and grief how a person overcomes it and heals from it.

I am all for Baptism of Blood and Hardship storylines making the hero be tempted by choosing what is considered Easy and Happy and what is then considered right and hard. It is easy for use to say Right and Hard to our heroes when we are watching them cause we are sitting in our homes, on relaxing furniture with our Love ones around us being safe ourselfs while saying this. But what our Heroes infront of us are going threw is espically when it comes to Marvel Characters is that of being in a spot that one is likely at their most hard, most weaken, most tempted and for good reasons cause of the effects of lose and grief, it is when they and we if we where them are at this point in are shown who they truly are and what hey choose to become.

Marvel characters are indeed human characters and are not symbols of Purity Heroes but Heroes that have to strive to achieve that, Humans becoming Superhuman, Like Steve Rogers becoming worthy of Thor's Hammer over the course of many movie stories, not just right away. What makes this WandaVision story good if it keeps going the way it is or we are hoping for is that Wanda will is being tempted to have the Heavnly Life she wants, free of pain and lose of her loveones and to gain new loveones in Billy and Tommy. Compare that to the world outside that has only given her mostly pain and lost, her Parents, her Brother, her Lover and years after being snap, how could we say we be anymore tempted ourselves to want similiar happiness and safety we where in the same spot?!

What I feel this story will go towards is what the showrunners have teased, Wanda being molded into a grown Woman and gaining the title of The Scarlet Witch. Which will likely Symbolize all the struggles, growing, lose, hardships and doing what is right despite giving up so much to do what it right. That is a Heroes Journey that will last with audiances and Fans far more cause we see a character earning their Hero status the hardist way they can to show what it means to become a hero.

We have often lately over the years debated characters in media getting things given to them at times to easily or not earned to advance the characters and story and having struggles debating if that makes good characters or not. Wanda is being given the exact oppisite in this story, putting a mirrior on our own Mortality and Mortal Weaknesses and what it takes to rise above what would be Easy or what would be Right.

If that is the Story WandaVision is doing for Wanda, it will be a Heroes Journey long sung by audiances for many times after and mirrioring how she has been seen to many fans in the comics off hear and that will just endure us more to her if done right.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Vision won't be on a cliffhanger. Wanda though...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Are there any good theories about why the town doesn't have any children even though almost all the people are real?

Interesting that while Vision finally noticed this, the Exposition People don't seem to have commented on it or provided any exposition of whether or not Westview had children in it before all this started.
    Most towns with a population over 10 would have a few kids, kids and schools were mentioned in E2, and we see kids in the previews when it's Halloween. The kids were in the same place that the black people (i.e. Monica and John "Herb" Collins) were in the 50's decade, offscreen because they didn't fit in Wanda's world that revolved around Vision and fitting in. The kids could also likely have been trapped in their homes stuck living the life of a kid in the 50s-80s but never being able to go outside, here' hoping none of the kids in Westview have medical conditions that require clinics, hospitals, or medicine/equipment that didn't exist in certain decades. But now that Tommy and Billy are old enough to go to school and have friends the kids are free because they have to play the part that kids play in sitcoms

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Most towns with a population over 10 would have a few kids, kids and schools were mentioned in E2, and we see kids in the previews when it's Halloween. The kids were in the same place that the black people (i.e. Monica and John "Herb" Collins) were in the 50's decade, offscreen because they didn't fit in Wanda's world that revolved around Vision and fitting in. The kids could also likely have been trapped in their homes stuck living the life of a kid in the 50s-80s but never being able to go outside, here' hoping none of the kids in Westview have medical conditions that require clinics, hospitals, or medicine/equipment that didn't exist in certain decades. But now that Tommy and Billy are old enough to go to school and have friends the kids are free because they have to play the part that kids play in sitcoms
    That's... actually quite a good explanation.

I think medical conditions will be no problem as in the perfect sitcom reality they plain don't exist. Just like the dog "Sparky" dying should never have happened, and that's what's so dubious about that.

I think for real Monica hasn't entered the Westview Anomaly while it was still in the 50's decade, but "Herb" is a good example.

So everyone talks about the 'who' or possible 'who' behind all this, and of course we want Wanda to not be that villain, so that means whoever/however is powerful and plays by very different rules.

We've talked about Mephisto, Nightmare and similar.

But I keep finding a resonance in the ideas about Arnim Zola and the many coincidences that tie him to the location and the various people or protocols around the Tesseract, etc. There are some theories on various sites about this and they are detailed with respect to Easter Eggs or things that have happened in the Cap movies, but also others.

A Nazi person, who has existed inside American culture literally through TV transmissions; this would explain the 'white-blandness' stuff that is being mentioned. As a Nazi and programmer, he is more drawn to the idyllic sitcom-false-reality of American TV through various eras.

While Wanda may provide the power, she has probably been brainwashed as have the town.
    What would Zola actually want? To be in some sort of human body, or Vison's ultra powerful one. So the twins, or Vision.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I agree with this analysis of WandaVision:

https://www.laineygossip.com/now-tha...ith-loss/68018

I binge watched a series for the first time this past weekend. Watched together, the first three episodes moved along quite nicely and the pacing was fine. I even found the jokes to be MUCH funnier watching the show that way because I saw them in a different context. I wish Disney just dropped the first three episodes together. That being said, the plot is moving along nicely now. I think even critics of the show are now more engaged than ever. But let's leave the "punchy-kicky" stuff until later please. I want to enjoy whatever sitcom shenanigans the series has left to offer before we return to "normal" MCU mode. My ONLY concern at this point is that Wanda goes past the "point of no return" in regards to any kind of "villainy". I have my worries there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-09-2021 at 12:21 PM.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

This has probably been said but I'm really sad that they ditched the fullscreen aspect ratio for the sitcom scenes -- I wish they had saved that for the Modern Family episode, at least. It's one of several reasons why the sitcom stuff in this episode was less credible and less interesting. I'm not sick of the sitcom parodies at all and I think there's still so much they can do with them.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    One of my favorite YouTube reactors.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    This has probably been said but I'm really sad that they ditched the fullscreen aspect ratio for the sitcom scenes -- I wish they had saved that for the Modern Family episode, at least. It's one of several reasons why the sitcom stuff in this episode was less credible and less interesting. I'm not sick of the sitcom parodies at all and I think there's still so much they can do with them.
    I'm not tired of the sitcom tributes either. Especially now that they're honoring the ones I watched growing up. I didn't watch Modern Family, Malcolm in the Middle and the Office though. I think there is still plenty of room for more sitcom-based stories for Wanda and Vision as well. Unfortunately, I think episode 6 looks like the FINAL sitcom episode we're gonna get. Which is a pity, because I loved the music for each of them so much. Last week's was amazing (even in the different languages)!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btowjOVpk5I

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    It's such a weird reality to me that MCUTony fans hate Wanda. Coming from the perspective of a comics reader and knowing how different their relationship is there. And that even MCUWanda got over her hatred of Tony after she knew better.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Yeah, I wish they had tried harder to make it look like a Family Ties episode. Instead they didn't even try to capture the look and lighting of an '80s sitcom and they had one of the big scenes be outdoors, which of course would never have happened on a studio sitcom like that. It detracted from the theme of Wanda trying to keep this sitcom episode together even as Vision, Agnes and the kids aren't playing along anymore. I guess maybe you could argue that it's part of the point of the sitcom world starting to collapse around her, but I think it's too early for that.

Paul and Lizzie did nail the style of acting from those '80s sitcoms, though, where things get serious and the audience stops laughing and the characters are suddenly yelling at each other. But on those shows everything is OK a minute later and the problem is resolved.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-09-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think by what the Showrunners have been getting at that they likely don't have intenstions of leaving Wanda in a Villains status or if that can be considered even what she is going threw to be exact.
    I don't expect Wanda to be left in "villain" status either. I'm just not ruling it out completely, Marvel does love their hero-hero violence after all and we know the show leads into Strange 2. I can see Marvel going this way with things, I just don't think they will.

I do think we're gonna see her and Vision fight though. Nearly happened last episode and it'd be a real heart-breaker to see them hurt each other, so you know it's on the table.

And no, the term "villain" isn't quite the correct word for what Wanda is going through. But it's easier to type that than "via a series of traumatic events and possibly the mental/emotional manipulations of a multiversal demonic entity, Wanda's perspective is skewed and she falls on the wrong side of events for a time, hurting others because of her own pain and strife without being fully cognizant of her actions."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    But I keep finding a resonance in the ideas about Arnim Zola
    That's an interesting idea. You got any links to share where they expand on the theory?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.