Page 57 of 283 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Never thought I would see an MCU Scarlet Witch edit to the Wizards Of Waverly Place theme song... but it actually works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think more of the question right now is, How did Wanda Findout about this so call High Level and Very Secrect Facility and just seem to walk right in in just 2-3 weeks after Endgame?!

Also, when Hayward found out it was Wanda and Vision inside the bubble at 1st he did not seem alarmed or alert or when he meet Monica at the beginning of episode 4 was not on edge after a so called serious break in at one of his top secret labs just happen?!

I get being profesional and keeping things underwraps but this just enters all new levels of something else seems to be up with that so called video footage and break-in.
    Yeah, the servicable bait and switch may be going on with Hayward. Wanda has some telepathy in MCU so maybe she sensed or read the right person's mind (as she was debriefed with the other Avengers; we don't know)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm hoping WandaVision will devote an episode JUST to describing Wanda's past and explaining her powers. I know some exposition will probably be necessary, but I'm okay with it. I think such an episode will be critical in Wanda's journey to become the Scarlet Witch. And I think they will use Robinson's work to do this. Vision's origins and powers are pretty straightforward so there's no need to have an episode devoted to those things.
    The exposition might be Agnes revealing that; they're both lineage Witches and a community New Salem or whatever exists. The best way for the show to not end on a cliff hanger that would take months to resolve (Dr. Strange 2) would be all is revealed; Agnes is there to tutor or train her. Maybe some of the other things going on are actually because SWORD and/or Ultron/Zola possible theories.

McKellan as "Whizzer" would be an interesting wrench to throw, as has been hinted.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

WandaVision Tracks Behind The Mandalorian While Audience Demand Grows
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...audience-views

WandaVision ranks third among streaming shows.

Extraordinary Member

Feige and the Disney marketing people are very good at their jobs.

I didn't care for the fourth episode, but from a business standpoint, Feige knew just how long they could sustain the sitcom gimmick before doing a "real world" episode to bring wavering viewers back into the fold.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

That list also has Titans as being bigger than The Crown which seems...very unlikely. Wait for actual Nielsen numbers.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Feige and the Disney marketing people are very good at their jobs.

I didn't care for the fourth episode, but from a business standpoint, Feige knew just how long they could sustain the sitcom gimmick before doing a "real world" episode to bring wavering viewers back into the fold.
    I liked the 4th episode, but the 5th was the eye roller for me. Even the ending was predictable, because at this point even the kids are heavy-handedly foreshadowing what Wanda can/will do with her powers.

The sitcom analogies do nothing for me. Yes, I watched many of those shows, but it's not like we had a choice back then, given limited channel selection and programming. The "golden age" of TV wasn't necessarily a golden age for everyone. Why do you think I got into comics in the first place.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Somehow I thought Stranger Things would be higher on the list and Cobra Kai would be lower. But WandaVision behind Mandalorian is pretty much where I saw this going. The Star Wars family of shows has two in the top 5, so there's no shame in that. WandaVision could see higher numbers, though, once we get beyond the slow build-up and head towards the climax and finale.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I liked the 4th episode, but the 5th was the eye roller for me. Even the ending was predictable, because at this point even the kids are heavy-handedly foreshadowing what Wanda can/will do with her powers.

The sitcom analogies do nothing for me. Yes, I watched many of those shows, but it's not like we had a choice back then, given limited channel selection and programming. The "golden age" of TV wasn't necessarily a golden age for everyone. Why do you think I got into comics in the first place.
    I personally liked the 5th episode best. And that's largely because of the dynamic between Wanda and Vision. I like them having problems in their relationship. That argument was more compelling to me than Wanda's fight with Thanos. I thought the 4th episode was necessary to get the plot moving, but it was largely an exposition-fest. Anytime the show focuses on the FBI/military, I know we're gonna get a lot of exposition. That bores me. No matter how effective Jimmy, Monica, Darcy and Hayward are selling it. The 5th episode's ending was HUGELY predictable, I agree with you there completely. Most of us watching the show definitely saw this coming since episode three. My only concern with you know who showing up was that it would turn WandaVision into a series about the X-Men (even though I don't think that will be the case). And it's sort of happening, which kind of annoys me.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-10-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Here's a thing. In a unified MCU, Quicksilver has to come back.

Will it be a retroactive, rewriting effect of Wanda or someone else, and would that mean it could be either universe's actor - or another all together?

So no matter how predictable this was, it is only because the MCU, with mutants, X-Men, would have to include Quicksilver, as well as Wanda
    ~ Oberon ~

WandaVision: Wanda Isn't a Terrorist - But She IS a Supervillain
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-scar...-supervillain/

Extraordinary Member

WandaVision: Wanda Isn't a Terrorist - But She IS a Supervillain
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-scar...-supervillain/
    How about neither? Neither would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Here's a thing. In a unified MCU, Quicksilver has to come back.

Will it be a retroactive, rewriting effect of Wanda or someone else, and would that mean it could be either universe's actor - or another all together?

So no matter how predictable this was, it is only because the MCU, with mutants, X-Men, would have to include Quicksilver, as well as Wanda
    Oh, I agree. I don't you could have a Scarlet Witch show without Pietro and Vision. Just like you couldn't have a show featuring She-Hulk without the Hulk there. I don't know how they're gonna weave things together. If they had used the ATJ version, there would be less speculation about the X-Men, that's for sure. I'm just surprised at how huge a role Quicksilver is playing in this series...After that character not even being mentioned in the MCU for almost six years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The exposition might be Agnes revealing that; they're both lineage Witches and a community New Salem or whatever exists. The best way for the show to not end on a cliff hanger that would take months to resolve (Dr. Strange 2) would be all is revealed; Agnes is there to tutor or train her. Maybe some of the other things going on are actually because SWORD and/or Ultron/Zola possible theories.

McKellan as "Whizzer" would be an interesting wrench to throw, as has been hinted.
    I hope they don't go wheel of father route like comics has done. They've already mentioned Irina and Oleg Maximoff as the parents. Keep it simple. People get confused with Wanda's retcons in the comics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.