Page 58 of 283 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVision: Wanda Isn't a Terrorist - But She IS a Supervillain
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-scar...-supervillain/
    CBR needs to stop. They use to be better than these trash articles for clicks.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hope they don't go wheel of father route like comics has done. They've already mentioned Irina and Oleg Maximoff as the parents. Keep it simple. People get confused with Wanda's retcons in the comics.
    Depending on how multi-layered this ends up being, who, what, why? etc, it may already be confusing enough, lol.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The exposition might be Agnes revealing that; they're both lineage Witches and a community New Salem or whatever exists. The best way for the show to not end on a cliff hanger that would take months to resolve (Dr. Strange 2) would be all is revealed; Agnes is there to tutor or train her. Maybe some of the other things going on are actually because SWORD and/or Ultron/Zola possible theories.

McKellan as "Whizzer" would be an interesting wrench to throw, as has been hinted.
    I agree with your ideas about exposition concerning witches in Westview. It makes a lot of sense to me. I hesitate to say McKellan will appear in WandaVision. Bettany said he's never worked with this actor ever before. I think that counts out Cumberbatch and McKellan because he's acted with them previously outside of the MCU. And since Bettany stated that he's been wanting to work with this dude for a long time, I doubt that it's Peters either (he's too young). I think this person must be at least in their 40s. De Niro and Pacino are too OLD in my opinion. It's fun trying to guess who this mystery performer is. If he's already a part of the MCU, I'd say it was Loki and/or Nick Fury.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-10-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean she is pretty invested in keeping thousands of people imprisoned against their will for her own selfish reasons. Even if she didn't create the Hex (though it seems very plausible so far that she did) not letting Vision or anyone leave of their own free will is pretty villainy

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Thumbs up Just Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    How about neither? Neither would be good.
    Ohhh give me a Bleeding Break, I can see some Twitter or YouTube comments saying this cause that is their thing, but an article by a professional website can’t be serious! The show is barely just 50% over and we are still in the middle of the 2nd act and in your 1st sentence you said you have come to a conclusion seemly 100% about Wanda and it is certain in a mystery style show?

No just 125% no, that is an undercutting of the story, the showrunners and actors trying to tell a compelling and complex story. Even more it has been said each episode will get longer the the last so we might not even be truly halfway done.

I have and give all respects I can to professionals but this is just wrong and very, very lazy.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Also Wanda is gaslighting the fuck out of Vision, especially at the end of the last episode. Wanda hasn't exact been very heroic in this show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean she is pretty invested in keeping thousands of people imprisoned against their will for her own selfish reasons. Even if she didn't create the Hex (though it seems very plausible so far that she did) not letting Vision or anyone leave of their own free will is pretty villainy
    Hopefully there's a mind-control twist or some other twist to this, because you're right, if she is consciously keeping everyone there, it's pretty bad. It's still ambiguous about how much the two scenes of "evil Wanda" (zapping Monica; contronting SWORD) represent the "real" Wanda, but I do worry that they'll be pushing her into something that it's hard to come back from, depending on how much she really knows about what's going on.

Remember, in Wanda's first movie Marvel had her and Pietro turn the Hulk loose on a city, and somehow no one thought to ask how characters could ever come back from doing that; the most we can say at this point is that they never bothered to explain if they were trying to make the Hulk kill civilians or "just" kill the Avengers. The only reason she didn't get called out on it more is that Tony Stark committed multiple crimes in this film and the whole movie had to be swept under the rug for everyone's sake.

So I'm mentally prepared for Wanda to have done something in this series that shouldn't really be forgivable. I hope they give her an "out" or make it so that her flaw is not wanting to face up to what's going on, not that she's actually holding people prisoner.

What we do know is that she's totally determined to keep playing her sitcom role even as the reality is collapsing around her. Her gaslighting Vision is at least partly her insisting on sticking to the script when no one else is.

Also Wanda is gaslighting the fuck out of Vision, especially at the end of the last episode. Wanda hasn't exact been very heroic in this show.
    It's a show not even done yet. It's foolish for them to jump to conclusions before it's even done. Especially for a character that was always possessed or manipulated when she did do bad.

It's a show not even done yet. It's foolish for them to jump to conclusions before it's even done. Especially for a character that was always possessed or manipulated when she did do bad.
    Man there's not a lot of ways to interpret "You can't control me the way you control them" "Can't I?" And then refusing to tell Vision important facts about his life before they were married, saying he can't leave the town...pretty abusive.

Oh, and she's also manipulating his corpse in defiance of his living will. So there's that.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 02-10-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Man there's not a lot of ways to interpret "You can't control me the way you control them" "Can't I?" And then refusing to tell Vision important facts about his life before they were married, saying he can't leave the town...pretty abusive.

Oh, and she's also manipulating his corpse in defiance of his living will. So there's that.
    In all honesty while yea I will debate characters like Wanda by FAR more of a degree then I would most any other and I will admit that truly here as well, what is more important about all of this and it is a lesson I feel needs to be far more said in nearly any medium of storytelling and that is;

We need to let the writer tell their story full until we are certain what went on fully and certainly.

Yea indeed we can debate, theories, guess, hope and give opinions over what we have gotten so far and at times yea we are guilty of talking more certainty then we should, but we must not kid ourselves that we are certain where any story will fully go until we have reached the end. This is especially in stories like these that pride themselves on mysterious with unexpected twists and turns to shack up where they are going.

I don’t mind going threw these complex and hard hitting stories that make you guess and re-guess what is a characters true personality and where they are going, but it needs to be seen fully threw until we are certain we are their and give the respect to the characters to have time to develop threw the whole story and especially give time for the writer the time to tell us what they are fully trying to create.

That is why I feel articles like this CBR one is wrong and undercut the storytelling aspect with conclusions be we are even close to that point. It gives a bad false impression and is jumping to a conclusion is not respecting the beauty of the journey and the storytelling process and the writer’s vision.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

As far as we know. The whole thing could be a dream. On posters and elsewhere, the word is used often. She could be manipulated or controlled and not be aware of it. It's important to see a whole story before coming to a conclusion.

She's already stated that she has no idea how all this got started. Even going back to the first episode she seemed puzzled that they had no anniversary, no song, no past. She goes on in the last episode about how she doesn't have control over everything.

The showrunners have talked about plenty of plot twists, finding out how Wanda earns the Scarlet Witch title and a spot in Doctor Strange 2. And that they aren't gonna do the women goes crazy and can't control her powers thing. So that lends to the idea that we should wait and see.

Theories are one thing, absolutes another.

BANNED

I mean they are not completely wrong. She is doing what a tragic villain would do. Doing whatever it takes to save their loved one. Her actions remind me of another Batman's villain.

She is not a murderer. But putting other people under some sort of mind control is not right.

One thing that can make her less guilty is that not everything is her own making since she doesnt really know how it all started. Maybe another woman is pulling the strings behind the scenes?

Maybe the town has already been made by someone else to be a place where one person can live their perfect world, kinda like being put into the dreamworld created by Black Mercy Plant. Its just that she doesnt want leave the town because she is living her best dream in there.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 02-10-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The whole mystery of the show is how much Wanda knows about what's going on and what happened to her in between Tony's funeral and the beginning of this show (right now we only know she stole Vision's body, nothing else). So what we're trying to do now is guess the solution to the mystery based on the information they're giving us.

I hope the answer, when it comes, will show that it's not what it looks like. Maybe not. But obviously if she were innocent then they wouldn't definitively say she was, which is why the whole episode was full of ambiguous referenes to how much she really knows, with Vision trying to get that out of her. Even the scene with the SWORD agents was ambiguous (she doesn't confirm or deny when Hayward accuses her of kidnapping the town, though it certainly looks that way).

I'm expecting at this point that there will be a whole episode showing us what happened from Wanda's POV, maybe in the same way that they did an episode showing us the story from SWORD's POV. Because right now the whole show hinges on the fact that we don't know what's going on in Wanda's head.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Hopefully there's a mind-control twist or some other twist to this, because you're right, if she is consciously keeping everyone there, it's pretty bad. It's still ambiguous about how much the two scenes of "evil Wanda" (zapping Monica; contronting SWORD) represent the "real" Wanda, but I do worry that they'll be pushing her into something that it's hard to come back from, depending on how much she really knows about what's going on.

Remember, in Wanda's first movie Marvel had her and Pietro turn the Hulk loose on a city, and somehow no one thought to ask how characters could ever come back from doing that; the most we can say at this point is that they never bothered to explain if they were trying to make the Hulk kill civilians or "just" kill the Avengers. The only reason she didn't get called out on it more is that Tony Stark committed multiple crimes in this film and the whole movie had to be swept under the rug for everyone's sake.

So I'm mentally prepared for Wanda to have done something in this series that shouldn't really be forgivable. I hope they give her an "out" or make it so that her flaw is not wanting to face up to what's going on, not that she's actually holding people prisoner.

What we do know is that she's totally determined to keep playing her sitcom role even as the reality is collapsing around her. Her gaslighting Vision is at least partly her insisting on sticking to the script when no one else is.

Well in deleted scenes from the Week of Ultron, the Hulk never actually hurt anybody after Wanda fucked with his mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fMiUPlX-Dc

But Vision still got beat up by Thor though!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well in deleted scenes from the Week of Ultron, the Hulk never actually hurt anybody after Wanda fucked with his mind:
    But she was trying to make him hurt people, wasn't she? At least that's the implication. It doesn't fit at all with the idea that Wanda and Pietro only hate the Avengers and are horrified when they find out Ultron wants to kill innocents.

That movie was so strange in the way it made characters act. So much of what they do doesn't make sense.