Page 63 of 283 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Going forward, the MCU, *should* encompass the reality of the comics, more or less;

mutants exist with mutates, and other powered, enhanced, teched beings.

So Quicksilver has to come back, with one actor or another.

If the plot is Wanda goes mad or otherwise unleashes forces she is not totally prepared to handle (is that why Agnes is around, to help pick up pieces when opportune?)

Then what she unleashes might cause Dr. Strange to weave strands of the "multiverse" together. This can be apparant in most media going forward; that Mutants always existed.

Just like the Eternals always existed, though you never saw them.

Dr. Strange with Wanda maybe others will reweave the universe. Align or merge it. Wanda's powers have been said to be retroactive at some points; that some things she changes, the effect goes back in time; the change was always there; which of course

would divide off more realities. So someone or Wanda, have to figure out that and make it work or not cause harm.
    It's ironic because inhumans, eternals, and Atlanteans are the only species to hide, but always exist, whereas mutants started to appear over the years. I know Apocalypse and Selene are billions of years old, but modern mutants are different in that they're modern. But mutants will probably borrow some traits from the other species, especially since they have or will appear in visual media.

spoilers:
    I think eternals are being retconned in the MCU as aliens as opposed to experiments by the Celestials.
    end of spoilers

This question can be answered without spoiler tags. Did you like Elizabeth in the Scarlet Witch costume?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I really think the mutant thing isn't happening. Everything we've seen indicates it's at the very least not that, so a last minute pivot wouldn't make sense.

Plus she's in a Doctor Strange movie, whose whole thing is magic
    I personally find the "Wanda will create mutants like a reverse House of M" theory really silly. Wanda doesn't know what mutants are and as far as we know they don't exist in the MCU. And why would she want to create mutants? The No, more mutants! thing fans have coined sounds incredibly cheesy to me. Why would she even say that? Why would the creation of mutants be her end goal when all she seems to want is a happy life with Vision, her brother and her children?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder who Monica’s contact that she and Jimmy are going to see?

Also, we’re past the 90s now. So next episode is the 2000s?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This episode actually takes place in the 2000s, considering it uses Malcolm in the Middle as its template which premiered in 2000 and ended in 2006.
    end of spoilers

I kinda get the feeling that Pietro is some sort of fake or spy. He never answered the question about the kid who sole his boots, and he was asking her about how she started all of this. It feels like he's gaining her trust so he can get some information out of it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah they doubled up on 90s/00s this week. The movie theater sign had Incredibles and Parent Trap on it. Next week is the Modern Family one

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah they doubled up on 90s/00s this week. The movie theater sign had Incredibles and Parent Trap on it. Next week is the Modern Family one
    spoilers:
    You’re right. Those two movies confirm it was late 90s/early 2000s. Though the commercial with the shark was distinctly 90s.

end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

spoilers:
    I think this may have been my least favourite episode, but it still was a great one. I've thought all of the other ones were fantastic so it was a high bar. I think what I disliked was the real world stuff, particularly from when Monica, Woo and Darcy start sneaking around. I think it was just a bit too convenient how easily they beat up some guards without no one hearing them and how quickly Darcy was able to hack things. Because we're watching a TV show that has its own incredibly tropey TV show, it pulled me out of it a little bit because the real world felt just as tropey in those short moments.

But there was a lot to like from this. The Malcolm in the Middle tone and aesthetic worked so well and was pulled off amazingly. Acting from everyone was great as usual and the twins (Billy and Tommy) are quite charming. Evan Peters and Elizabeth Olsen had great chemistry bouncing off each other as the dude-bro uncle and the uptight mum. The show also continues to do such a good job mixing tones. I love how when Vision observes some members of the town glitching, that jovial sitcom music keeps playing. It creates such great dissonance.

I think the biggest takeaway from this episode for me was that I don't think this is supposed to be Quicksilver from the FOX-Men universe. For starters, he has some of MCU Pietro's memories, or at least some version of them. He remembers growing up Sokovian and remembers getting shot in the streets. He remembers dying and he also knows his accent is gone and his face looks different. What's more intriguing is that he knows Wanda has created a sitcom reality (and acknowledges that she shouldn't be able to do that, and he also knows what his role in the sitcom is. I just don't believe him when he says Wanda called him here. I mean, how did she do that? I guess you could say because they had such a strong connection because Wanda literally felt him die without seeing it. But we saw that she had to physically bring Vision into the hex or create the hex around Vision to reanimate him. Pietro died in Sokovia and was probably buried there, and the hex was only around the town of Westview. The energy shouldn't have been able to reach Pietro's corpse, reanimate him and get him into the hex.

Agnes is still suspicious even though we're not really seeing any real clues that she might be Agatha Harkness. In her 'awoken' state she seems like a crazy person with the way she repeated Dead! and her maniacal, witch-like laughter thinking about her own doom. It seems Hayward and SWORD want Vision's body the most and don't need him alive either, since he was the one being tracked and they didn't seem to care that the barrier was tearing his body apart and killing him. Anyway, it does seem like Wanda is fully responsible for the hex, considering she admits to creating it (but not sure how) and expanding it to save Vision (and probably get rid of SWORD in the process).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I kinda get the feeling that Pietro is some sort of fake or spy. He never answered the question about the kid who sole his boots, and he was asking her about how she started all of this. It feels like he's gaining her trust so he can get some information out of it.
    I hope this is true. She was even confused about it. I miss the Netflix format of binge watching for streaming services, but I know they want to make money and sh*t. I guess they have to be chronological about it, but I want to know what's going on, and I thought we'd get more info about the several mysteries that are happening this episode.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I seriously wonder if the Wanda Warp is going to to threaten to swallow the entire planet?! Also Darcy got caught in it lol. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing they played it fast and loose with the fact that Monica is in fact, getting her powers

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I seriously wonder if the Wanda Warp is going to to threaten to swallow the entire planet?! Also Darcy got caught in it lol. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing they played it fast and loose with the fact that Monica is in fact, getting her powers
    spoilers:
    I wonder why she made everything be a circus. She must think they're clowns. I wonder how long it will last. Especially since everything looks normal in the other teasers. I'm really curious to see Monica's powers, and her power level. She needs to get them in the next episode. And does this mean that Billy's a telepath? The other kid should've worn green.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I seriously wonder if the Wanda Warp is going to to threaten to swallow the entire planet?!
    This might be what brings in Dr. Strange.

I can't see him getting involved with one town (he has other **** ot do)

But spreading across the planet? You start to catch the attention of bigger guns lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yep. In fact spoilers:
    if it reaches, say, Jersey City, or Queens, it'd be knocking right at his door
    end of spoilers

He clearly is not like most other residents, for sure. But I'm not sure what I think of him now.

Likewise I feel I'm not sure anymore about Agnes. Not quite the same way I felt before.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I almost feel like there aren't gonig to be enough episodes to end this series satisfactory, unless they rae going to cliff hanger into the movies
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think this episode confirms Wanda's powers are magic