Page 64 of 283 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well they said the series would be a total of 6 hours, my guess is the last two are extra long

spoilers:
    Man, it hit seeing Aaron Taylor-Johnson Quicksilver's death again.

It was nice to see the twins settling more into their comic characterizations, right down to Tommy taking so much after Pietro right down to the powers (white hair still incoming) and Billy wearing a homemade version of his comic costume.

Elizabeth Olsen in the classic Scarlet Witch costume has been promoted so much, but man did she look amazing in it. And Paul Bettany in the classic Vision look with those yellow shorts! We even get Evan Peters sporting the classic Quicksilver look.

Hayward's a jerk and shady, but Darcy's comments were uncalled for. There's only so much you can be glib about a guy almost getting killed.

Hey, MCU Jimmy Woo can throw a good punch when he needs to.

Yeah, it seems like Monica is pretty close to gaining her powers at this point. One last dip in the Hex might be enough to do it.

So Agnes seems to be as controlled as everyone else is, but is she manipulating Vision against Wanda?

What is this version of Pietro doing? He's there to fulfill the goofy, mischievous, uncle role in the sitcom, but he's also "in the know" and prodding Wanda about it. It's like there are people in this world who function just to serve but others who are knowingly trying to push Wanda into something.

So SWORD is definitely after Vision, their "asset," and I'm guessing CATARACT was designed to weaponize Vision.

Is the new commercial supposed to represent Wanda discovering magic? It got pretty morbid.

It really would've taken that guy two seconds to unfcuff Darcy instead of just leaving her there. Well, I guess now she gets to join the sitcom, which might be kind of fun.

Wanda needs to save Vision, who can only exist in Westview, so she extends the Hex which covers even more people and area, making things demonstrably worse (especially when some of the people in the Hex are seemingly frozen in place and can't do anything but stand around and maintain the visual of the illusion). Those poor SWORD Agents.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Did Hayward plant some kind of tracker device in Vision when SWORD had his body? I also wonder if SWORD took Vision and was trying to use him to create a weapon? And I think there has to be more than Monica entering the barrier in order for her to get her powers? Are they saying that everyone inside will somehow get powers and that's their way of introducing mutants?

The episode was another good one but a lot of questions. And why didn't Vision just collapse immediately if he can't exist outside the barrier? I actually think that he can.
    end of spoilers

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

spoilers:
    I honestly didn't expect this episode to take after Malcolm in the Middle. That was a nice surprise.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    spoilers:
    I think this may have been my least favourite episode, but it still was a great one. I've thought all of the other ones were fantastic so it was a high bar. I think what I disliked was the real world stuff, particularly from when Monica, Woo and Darcy start sneaking around. I think it was just a bit too convenient how easily they beat up some guards without no one hearing them and how quickly Darcy was able to hack things. Because we're watching a TV show that has its own incredibly tropey TV show, it pulled me out of it a little bit because the real world felt just as tropey in those short moments.

But there was a lot to like from this. The Malcolm in the Middle tone and aesthetic worked so well and was pulled off amazingly. Acting from everyone was great as usual and the twins (Billy and Tommy) are quite charming. Evan Peters and Elizabeth Olsen had great chemistry bouncing off each other as the dude-bro uncle and the uptight mum. The show also continues to do such a good job mixing tones. I love how when Vision observes some members of the town glitching, that jovial sitcom music keeps playing. It creates such great dissonance.

I think the biggest takeaway from this episode for me was that I don't think this is supposed to be Quicksilver from the FOX-Men universe. For starters, he has some of MCU Pietro's memories, or at least some version of them. He remembers growing up Sokovian and remembers getting shot in the streets. He remembers dying and he also knows his accent is gone and his face looks different. What's more intriguing is that he knows Wanda has created a sitcom reality (and acknowledges that she shouldn't be able to do that, and he also knows what his role in the sitcom is. I just don't believe him when he says Wanda called him here. I mean, how did she do that? I guess you could say because they had such a strong connection because Wanda literally felt him die without seeing it. But we saw that she had to physically bring Vision into the hex or create the hex around Vision to reanimate him. Pietro died in Sokovia and was probably buried there, and the hex was only around the town of Westview. The energy shouldn't have been able to reach Pietro's corpse, reanimate him and get him into the hex.

Agnes is still suspicious even though we're not really seeing any real clues that she might be Agatha Harkness. In her 'awoken' state she seems like a crazy person with the way she repeated Dead! and her maniacal, witch-like laughter thinking about her own doom. It seems Hayward and SWORD want Vision's body the most and don't need him alive either, since he was the one being tracked and they didn't seem to care that the barrier was tearing his body apart and killing him. Anyway, it does seem like Wanda is fully responsible for the hex, considering she admits to creating it (but not sure how) and expanding it to save Vision (and probably get rid of SWORD in the process).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The mind control is breaking everyone. Norm also fell apart the same way. The woman crying while failing to put up Halloween decor, because on the rim of the hex, Wanda's powers go wonky. Only I feel like this isn't Wanda's powers alone because this version of Wanda was not this powerful ever. And comics Wanda was only ever able to achieve this level by tapping into other energies.

There has consistently been the worlds nightmare and ream thrown around.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-12-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

not sure any of this is worth spoil tagging but here i go. spoilers:
    I got some mephisto vibes from how not-Pietro-or-is-he? gelled up his hair. I know the director guy is a dick but I just don't buy Monica being so pro-Wanda. Like I know why we the viewers sympathize with her, but from her perspective, she should absolutely see her as the threat.
    end of spoilers basically I'm enjoying whats going on inside Westfield but I just don't buy the SWORD dynamics outside it. I know people like Jimmy, Monica and Darcy but they're dragging down the show for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    spoilers:
    Did Hayward plant some kind of tracker device in Vision when SWORD had his body? I also wonder if SWORD took Vision and was trying to use him to create a weapon? And I think there has to be more than Monica entering the barrier in order for her to get her powers? Are they saying that everyone inside will somehow get powers and that's their way of introducing mutants?

The episode was another good one but a lot of questions. And why didn't Vision just collapse immediately if he can't exist outside the barrier? I actually think that he can.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it'll just be anyone that's gone through the barrier repeatedly and so far only Monica has.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Man, it hit seeing Aaron Taylor-Johnson Quicksilver's death again.

It was nice to see the twins settling more into their comic characterizations, right down to Tommy taking so much after Pietro right down to the powers (white hair still incoming) and Billy wearing a homemade version of his comic costume.

Elizabeth Olsen in the classic Scarlet Witch costume has been promoted so much, but man did she look amazing in it. And Paul Bettany in the classic Vision look with those yellow shorts! We even get Evan Peters sporting the classic Quicksilver look.

Hayward's a jerk and shady, but Darcy's comments were uncalled for. There's only so much you can be glib about a guy almost getting killed.

Hey, MCU Jimmy Woo can throw a good punch when he needs to.

Yeah, it seems like Monica is pretty close to gaining her powers at this point. One last dip in the Hex might be enough to do it.

So Agnes seems to be as controlled as everyone else is, but is she manipulating Vision against Wanda?

What is this version of Pietro doing? He's there to fulfill the goofy, mischievous, uncle role in the sitcom, but he's also "in the know" and prodding Wanda about it. It's like there are people in this world who function just to serve but others who are knowingly trying to push Wanda into something.

So SWORD is definitely after Vision, their "asset," and I'm guessing CATARACT was designed to weaponize Vision.

Is the new commercial supposed to represent Wanda discovering magic? It got pretty morbid.

It really would've taken that guy two seconds to unfcuff Darcy instead of just leaving her there. Well, I guess now she gets to join the sitcom, which might be kind of fun.

Wanda needs to save Vision, who can only exist in Westview, so she extends the Hex which covers even more people and area, making things demonstrably worse (especially when some of the people in the Hex are seemingly frozen in place and can't do anything but stand around and maintain the visual of the illusion). Those poor SWORD Agents.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know why SWORD wouldn't have just grabbed up Vision when he collapsed outside the hex. If they were wanting him back to use as a weapon. It might be that Hayward had him torn apart because he sees him as a danger. Because he seems to have a hatred of super heeoes and seems very pro-Sokovia Accords.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-12-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This might be what brings in Dr. Strange.

I can't see him getting involved with one town (he has other **** ot do)

But spreading across the planet? You start to catch the attention of bigger guns lol
    If they do bring in Doctor Strange, I still want it to be Wanda breaking herself free from this. There is no new ground that will be broken by Jac if a male character just comes in to save her. And definitely not if it's to save everyone else from her.

spoilers:
    There's still that scene out there they teased of Wanda removing the spell from the town and standing aroundin the middle of the real town with everyone around her. I hope that is truly in this.
    end of spoilers

Yeah it doesn't really make a ton of sense why Monica is so far on Wanda's side when her only interactions with her was being mind controlled and then thrown through a wall

Who the hell is Monica's backup? It must be someone we recognize, otherwise they wouldn't bring so much attention to it. Could is be Coulson? I feel like at this point it's something Feige would be willing to do, bit I don't see how it could be meaningfull to this story. Could it be Nick Fury? I don't think they would tease it out so much if it was him.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah it doesn't really make a ton of sense why Monica is so far on Wanda's side when her only interactions with her was being mind controlled and then thrown through a wall
    its like they're trying way too hard to vilify the other SWORD people. Darcy being dragged away while Vision was disintigrating screaming "what's wrong with you!?! why aren't you helping him?!?" Like help him how? what were they supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Who the hell is Monica's backup? It must be someone we recognize, otherwise they wouldn't bring so much attention to it. Could is be Coulson? I feel like at this point it's something Feige would be willing to do, bit I don't see how it could be meaningfull to this story. Could it be Nick Fury? I don't think they would tease it out so much if it was him.
    She said it's an aerospace engineer, why would it be either of those?

Monica saw the inside of Wanda's mind and felt her grief. I guess that was enough to reassure her that Wanda's intentions are not malicious.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

She said it's an aerospace engineer, why would it be either of those?
    I am still going with Reed Richards myself, though Hank Pym could maybe work? I dunno, maybe it’s just a red herring.