Page 67 of 283 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, agreed -- if Wanda is actually enslaving a town full of people to play characters in her sitcom world, then she can never be considered a hero again, or even an anti-hero. She's just evil.

I'm still hopeful that they won't do this, because MCU writers are not as short-sighted as comic writers, and they aren't stupid enough to do this without introducing a real villain pulling her strings. But it's frustrating that the way of writing Wanda so often is to have her go right up to the edge of becoming a villain. Even when they pull back and reveal she isn't a villain, it's not fun for fans of the character to always worry that she's going to be pushed over the edge, because the writers love teasing that dark magic girls might snap at any moment.
    I agree. Doing what she is implied to be doing is REALLY wrong. It's evil. And it doesn't matter how popular Wanda is. Writers will NEVER be able to portray her as a heroine again if this continues. Yeah, her character is suffering a lot. I understand that. But the people in Westview look absolutely miserable too.

This show is REALLY running out of time to introduce villains, if they haven't already. This episode went "slow" again like the first three. I'm hoping that they don't cram and/or rush things in the last couple of episodes. And as much as I like the performers outside the hex, I find the expository stuff which takes place there getting really tedious. The writers seem to be definitely less invested in what's going on outside the Hex than what's happening inside it. And I'm the same way. I miss Agnes and Dottie so much right now. They brought so much heart to the show, and I just feel the series loses something whenever Olsen, Bettany and Hahn aren't in it together.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-12-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Although I have serious concerns about how Wanda and "Pietro" are being portrayed, I have to say that Vision is being portrayed really well here. I was joking with GenericUsername earlier saying that I was hoping he would become a quippy, snarky asshole in WandaVision like Iron Man and Doctor Strange. But he's got to be the most kind-hearted and compassionate superhero the MCU has ever produced. In the comic books and cartoons, I always viewed him to be "robotic" most of the time, and not particularly sensitive. I very much want Wanda to be portrayed like Vision as well. I just don't understand why she has to toy with villainy so much.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I agree. Doing what she is implied to be doing is REALLY wrong. It's evil. And it doesn't matter how popular Wanda is. Writers will NEVER be able to portray her as a heroine again if this continues. Yeah, her character is suffering a lot. I understand that. But the people in Westview look absolutely miserable too.

This show is REALLY running out of time to introduce villains, if they haven't already. This episode went "slow" again like the first three. I'm hoping that they don't cram and/or rush things in the last couple of episodes. And as much as I like the performers outside the hex, I find the expository stuff which takes place there getting really tedious. The writers seem to be definitely less invested in what's going on outside the Hex than what's happening inside it. And I'm the same way. I miss Agnes and Dottie so much right now. They brought so much heart to the show, and I just feel the series loses something whenever Olsen, Bettany and Hahn aren't in it together.
    I don't know. People actually like the characters from Breaking Bad and Narcos. I think people who are watching WandaVision probably empathize with her since they just know her from Infinity War/Endgame. There are ant-heroes that have done much worse in streaming shows and movies, and they get a pass. She was already a monster in Civil War for killing those people, and the government classified her as dangerous. They probably just forgave her for fighting Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't know. People actually like the characters from Breaking Bad and Narcos. I think people who are watching WandaVision probably empathize with her since they just know her from Infinity War/Endgame. There are ant-heroes that have done much worse in streaming shows and movies, and they get a pass. She was already a monster in Civil War for killing those people, and the government classified her as dangerous. They probably just forgave her for fighting Thanos.
    Wanda's gotten a pass a lot of the times because she beat up Ultron and Thanos. And also because her parents, Pietro and Vision died. That's why I'm okay with Pietro and Vision dying to keep her in the "hero column". Losing those dudes kind of washes away her transgressions. I just think Quicksilver and Vision should be treated with respect during that process. Vision has been. Pietro has not.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-12-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, agreed -- if Wanda is actually enslaving a town full of people to play characters in her sitcom world, then she can never be considered a hero again, or even an anti-hero. She's just evil.

I'm still hopeful that they won't do this, because MCU writers are not as short-sighted as comic writers, and they aren't stupid enough to do this without introducing a real villain pulling her strings. But it's frustrating that the way of writing Wanda so often is to have her go right up to the edge of becoming a villain. Even when they pull back and reveal she isn't a villain, it's not fun for fans of the character to always worry that she's going to be pushed over the edge, because the writers love teasing that dark magic girls might snap at any moment.

I am writing this from my iPhone so forgive me for any errors in my spelling or grammar.

Yeah I get it, this has been a basic worry among Wanda fans for many a year since she has been introduced into the MCU, the day of retelling the Disassembles, Darker then Scarlet and HoM stories in the MCU and it seems we have finally arrived at the moment in time. Wanda fans more than any other fan base have many justifiable reasons to worry because of the history of disrespect her character has received over the years in the comics and only recently in years been getting better treatment.

When Our Wanda is made to skate on that thin tightrope between these controversial stories or darker stories between hero or tragedy we naturally cause of that history get worried she might be pushed towards the darker side cause of the past wrongs. We justifiably don’t want to be hurt again.

BUT and I truly mean BUT, we still have much more of the other heroic history, and much more of the heroic storylines such as Scarlet and Vision, avengers volume 3, young avengers the children’s crusade, and most of the history mostly with the avengers. As a showrunners have said those are being cooperated as well too, this is a full by what I can tell incorporation of Most of Wanda story into this show. We indeed have both sides in this.

We also have the Marvel Cinematic Universe having up to this point early our trust in both storytelling and dark skating stories the shows like with Civil War and Infinity War that they can when they skate on that edge of darker storytelling they still give out the best for the heroes and they have earn that trust up to this point.

Very importantly, I want our heroes to keep having more complex and more harder to go through storylines because that is when you gain the best heroes in the most memorable stories that stay with you. It’s been too many years lately that we be in stories in many mediums that are too easy it seems at times for heroes, to easily powering up characters or to easily giving fluff because showrunners are worried of causing controversy.

If this show is as long as they say it is we still have the left, then we still mainly have a full length feature movie at this point so there’s still a lot more story to run. I want to trust and storytelling, I want to trust in story runners I want to trust the telling of a story. I want to give the story towers the chance to tell the story and trust that they have wanders best interest in mind while skating very hard on the ads because that’s where we’re going to get the most memorable character development for her and hopefully in the Marvel cinematic universe sense of purging these negative stories and tell them once and fall and showing the comics how to do it right and I will be a net major plus for Wanda as a character overall.

So no I am not worried Wanda is becoming villain or tragic hero, too much is being teased as of now, a lot more is going on and I think that has been very much intentional by the creators and we need to give the storytellers a chance to tell this story.

Our worries are justified, but also is our hope it’s just as much justified because of the history of the Marvel cinematic universe and the hope and love we have for this character name Wanda, especially what the show still seems to be teasing to give us.

I want these harder to tell stories because when they succeed that means there’s more open room to tell even more harder and complex stories, especially for the marvel cinematic universe and to show the comic writers you can do this as well without going the wrong direction.

As fans let us trust in the best of what can come of this because that is usually what we have been given up to this point in the MCU and the trust in a character we absolutely adore and know the best of in Wanda Maximoff.

Let’s be cautiously optimistic, yet enjoy yourselves in this ride.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Waitaminute.

spoilers:
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/a0a76c26...727f39a7c.gifv

Did Pietro notice Billy breaking the fourth wall?
    end of spoilers

Wanda's gotten a pass a lot of the times because she beat up Ultron and Thanos. And also because her parents, Pietro and Vision died. That's why I'm okay with Pietro and Vision dying to keep her in the "hero column". Losing those dudes kind of washes away her transgressions. I just think Quicksilver and Vision should be treated with respect during that process. Vision has been. Pietro has not.
    I know people might protest this because they don't want it to happen, not like this, but I think spoilers:
    when Vision left the hex, he began to die. At the end of the season, the hex will probably disappear along with everything inside, including her kids, Vision, and whoever that Peter guy is. If she was able to create a warped reality now, she's probably gonna do something more intense in The Multiverse of Madness, and people may not like that.
    end of spoilers

I know people might protest this because they don't want it to happen, not like this, but I think spoilers:
    when Vision left the hex, he began to die. At the end of the season, the hex will probably disappear along with everything inside, including her kids, Vision, and whoever that Peter guy is. If she was able to create a warped reality now, she's probably gonna do something more intense in The Multiverse of Madness, and people may not like that.
    end of spoilers
    I could see that happening.

spoilers:
    I kind of like the fact that Wanda and Vision are still upset at and don't trust each other. I think every healthy relationship has its fair share of ups and downs, and I'm glad WandaVision is showing that here. I was surprised at how romantic this show was up until the end of Episode 5. Now it feels like they're practically divorced. All Wanda has to do is show him Thanos and the Mind Stone, and he'll understand why she's acting the way she is. And they can become a team again.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-12-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am writing this from my iPhone so forgive me for any errors in my spelling or grammar.

Yeah I get it, this has been a basic worry among Wanda fans for many a year since she has been introduced into the MCU, the day of retelling the Disassembles, Darker then Scarlet and HoM stories in the MCU and it seems we have finally arrived at the moment in time. Wanda fans more than any other fan base have many justifiable reasons to worry because of the history of disrespect her character has received over the years in the comics and only recently in years been getting better treatment.

When Our Wanda is made to skate on that thin tightrope between these controversial stories or darker stories between hero or tragedy we naturally cause of that history get worried she might be pushed towards the darker side cause of the past wrongs. We justifiably don’t want to be hurt again.

BUT and I truly mean BUT, we still have much more of the other heroic history, and much more of the heroic storylines such as Scarlet and Vision, avengers volume 3, young avengers the children’s crusade, and most of the history mostly with the avengers. As a showrunners have said those are being cooperated as well too, this is a full by what I can tell incorporation of Most of Wanda story into this show. We indeed have both sides in this.

We also have the Marvel Cinematic Universe having up to this point early our trust in both storytelling and dark skating stories the shows like with Civil War and Infinity War that they can when they skate on that edge of darker storytelling they still give out the best for the heroes and they have earn that trust up to this point.

Very importantly, I want our heroes to keep having more complex and more harder to go through storylines because that is when you gain the best heroes in the most memorable stories that stay with you. It’s been too many years lately that we be in stories in many mediums that are too easy it seems at times for heroes, to easily powering up characters or to easily giving fluff because showrunners are worried of causing controversy.

If this show is as long as they say it is we still have the left, then we still mainly have a full length feature movie at this point so there’s still a lot more story to run. I want to trust and storytelling, I want to trust in story runners I want to trust the telling of a story. I want to give the story towers the chance to tell the story and trust that they have wanders best interest in mind while skating very hard on the ads because that’s where we’re going to get the most memorable character development for her and hopefully in the Marvel cinematic universe sense of purging these negative stories and tell them once and fall and showing the comics how to do it right and I will be a net major plus for Wanda as a character overall.

So no I am not worried Wanda is becoming villain or tragic hero, too much is being teased as of now, a lot more is going on and I think that has been very much intentional by the creators and we need to give the storytellers a chance to tell this story.

Our worries are justified, but also is our hope it’s just as much justified because of the history of the Marvel cinematic universe and the hope and love we have for this character name Wanda, especially what the show still seems to be teasing to give us.

I want these harder to tell stories because when they succeed that means there’s more open room to tell even more harder and complex stories, especially for the marvel cinematic universe and to show the comic writers you can do this as well without going the wrong direction.

As fans let us trust in the best of what can come of this because that is usually what we have been given up to this point in the MCU and the trust in a character we absolutely adore and know the best of in Wanda Maximoff.

Let’s be cautiously optimistic, yet enjoy yourselves in this ride.
    Oh, thank you so much for that thoughtful and encouraging post. I feel better now. And your spelling and grammar were fine! I have confidence in Jac. I have confidence in Shakman. I WANT to have confidence in Raimi and Waldron. I've seen interviews with Olsen recently. I think she's happy to be in a big movie like Doctor Strange 2, but I feel she already misses Shakman, Bettany, Hahn and Parris.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Waitaminute.

spoilers:
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/a0a76c26...727f39a7c.gifv

Did Pietro notice Billy breaking the fourth wall?
    end of spoilers
    I noticed that too, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be on purpose, 'cause surely the director would've told Evan if he was not supposed to do that during that scene. I'm just not sure if it was supposed to be just a meta gag or if there was some ulterior motive behind showing us this behavior coming from him.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I agree. I don't think viewers apply a real world moral compass to things. Movie Magneto and Mystique did bad things and became "heroes". If she kicks ass in Doctor Strange or some other movie, people will cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I agree. I don't think viewers apply a real world moral compass to things. Movie Magneto and Mystique did bad things and became "heroes". If she kicks ass in Doctor Strange or some other movie, people will cheer.
    People loved her showing up in Endgame. They cheered. It was an opening day though, and they cheered on several occasions. They gave me a survey when I went to watch the movie and I voted for her. As long as she's a powerhouse and doesn't do any harm to animals or kids, I don't think people will hate her that much.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Agnes really threw me off in this episode. Previously, she's been shown acting autonomously and having awareness of the situation. Here in the car, she seemed like a total victim, similar to Norm, for example.
    I've seen speculation that Agnese was "acting" in that scene and is trying to turn Vision against Wanda to escalate things.

Notably she's the only NPC who can seemingly still move (and what was she even doing there?) and then she started cackling like a madwoman. And unlike Norm she just clearly says Wanda's name.

I don't think the sitcom world is fully Wanda's doing, today's yogurt ad hints that someone is taking advantage of her grief

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If nothing else, this episode made me laugh.