Page 69 of 283 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And Agnes.....I dunno. Maybe she isn't as autonomous as we've been assuming, maybe she was another subtle way Wanda was subconsciously fighting against the sitcom, and with Wanda's attention away from her she reverted to the basic, blanket mind control. Maybe Agnes was lying to Vision and acting like everyone else to avoid rousing more suspicion.
    Despite being a main player in Wanda's little stage production, Agnes managed to somehow take a wrong turn and end up on the edge of town... in the perfect place to intercept Vision. And sure, she looks like a victim, and plays one when he "frees" her from the control of the Hex. But then she says exactly the two things that would push him to exit the barrier. Avenger and dead.

Vision sure looked like he was dying outside the Hex. I don't think he can leave and survive. And then Wanda expands the Hex field to save Vision.

So Agnes is either a cleverly placed asset or puppet of some other force that WANTED Vision to exit the field, probably with the intent of leading directly to Wanda enlarging it. Or she is herself that force. On the one hand, Agnes turning out to be a villain would feel very expected at this point. On the other hand, the very fact that the writers so deliberately created the situation this week with Vision precisely so that we could see Agnes as one of Wanda's victims makes her even more suspect than she already was.

She's either the villain, or an absolutely brilliantly executed piece of misdirection.

Hayward feels like an easy out as a villain as well. But he strikes me as the kind of weak minded idiot that is easily manipulated, and could totally be revealed as a pawn. I have little doubt he is, has been, or will continue to be up to something nefarious, probably with Vision's body. But I am not convinced that he's any kind of mastermind or big bad, and not just a well placed dupe.

And I straight up have no idea what's going on with Peter/Pietro.

3 to go, and this show is really getting interesting.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    So...

spoilers:
    The "Parent Trap" title on the theater marquee, just a cute reference to the twins or even the whole switcheroo with the two Quicksilvers or is there something more telling?

My crazy theory this week Is the whole town of Westview a "parent trap" ie: Wanda and Vision were placed there specifically to give birth to and raise Mephisto's soul fragments, Billy and Tommy. Notice that it was Billy who basically "rats out" Vision's attempt to escape from Westview by informing Wanda that their dad was hurt/ dying.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Parent Trap is about two twins who get separated and then meet each other later in life, having no idea they were related. If you think about it, that is exactly what happened to Billy and Tommy in the comics. So maybe that was an easter-egg to the comics, or maybe even a straight-up hint that they're doing this story somehow in the MCU too.

Speaking of the marquee; the other movie in there was The Incredibles, a movie about a family of super-heroes. I hope this means we're getting an action scene with Wanda/Vision/Billy/Tommy at some point.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-13-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Loving this series, as I thought it is getting better week and week, there are only 3 episodes remaining now
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    My biggest disappointment in the series, in terms of character development thus far, is that of Agnes (the nosy neighbor). I knew Hahn was a funny lady, but I've never actually seen her act before. And I absolutely LOVED her performances in those first two episodes. Her character growth since then has really stalled and I'm NOT happy about that. She's one of the few chicks in the entertainment business that's actually made me laugh! The whole lavender thing she did in Episode 5 was hilarious. I couldn't believe Disney Plus allowed such risque talk in one of their shows. To ME, the best part of episode 6 was her weird interaction with Vision. It was creepy and mysterious. I want to see more of that. I'm happy Pietro, Billy, Tommy and the SWORD characters are getting some much needed attention, but I think the show should redirect its focus BACK to Agnes and Dottie. Wanda has been great thus far the past few weeks, but I feel Agnes, Dottie and even Vision have started taking back seats to other characters and I'm not thrilled about that. How many jokes did Vision actually make in Episode 6? Or Agnes? There's only three more episodes left. I want this series to return its MAIN focus back onto Wanda, Vision and Agnes.
    I haven't called a woman "chick" in 40 years.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I haven't called a woman "chick" in 40 years.
    Well, the word's still in use in my household. Although I've never used it to describe women while I'm in the PRESENCE of women.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Despite being a main player in Wanda's little stage production, Agnes managed to somehow take a wrong turn and end up on the edge of town... in the perfect place to intercept Vision. And sure, she looks like a victim, and plays one when he "frees" her from the control of the Hex. But then she says exactly the two things that would push him to exit the barrier. Avenger and dead.
    Which is part of why I'm now wondering if Agnes isn't just Wanda subconsciously trying to save them all. It's probably not the case (I don't expect any of my theories to be right) but Agnes was indeed exactly where she needed to be in order to get Vision to leave West View. And if I'm right and Wanda is being influenced by the Big Bad while subconsciously trying to save everything, then the whole thing with Agnes and the Hex expanding is Wanda fighting against herself; her more conscious mind, manipulated by the Big Bad, against her subconscious mind that knows everything is wrong.

Vision sure looked like he was dying outside the Hex. I don't think he can leave and survive.
    I don't think it's entirely clear what was happening to him. He was clearly dying, but in a "being ripped apart while resisting the Hex's 'gravity'" kind of way, not in a "the puppet had its strings cut" way. When Monica was thrown out, the Hex didn't try to suck her back in so I think what we saw with Vision was Wanda trying to bring him back to her, and since he was fighting that she decides that if she can't bring him back to the Hex she'll bring the Hex to him. What happens if Vision escapes that force? Does he just fall over dead with a hole in his face (which is what I expected)? Did SWORD successfully repair and reprogram him and he'd become a emotionless, loyal SWORD asset?

So Agnes is either a cleverly placed asset or puppet of some other force that WANTED Vision to exit the field, probably with the intent of leading directly to Wanda enlarging it. Or she is herself that force. On the one hand, Agnes turning out to be a villain would feel very expected at this point. On the other hand, the very fact that the writers so deliberately created the situation this week with Vision precisely so that we could see Agnes as one of Wanda's victims makes her even more suspect than she already was.
    Oh Agnes is most definitely a agent/mole of some kind. It's really just a question of who's pulling her strings. Is she acting independently, and if so what's her endgame? Is she an agent of the Big Bad, there to keep an eye on things and push Wanda where the Big Bad wants her? Is she, as I'm theorizing now, acting on Wanda's subconscious desire to fix this mess? I really have no idea.

Hayward feels like an easy out as a villain as well. But he strikes me as the kind of weak minded idiot that is easily manipulated, and could totally be revealed as a pawn.
    I'm in total agreement with you. He's obviously an idiot and obviously up to something nefarious. I said last week that he was likely cut from the same cloth as Thunderbolt Ross; someone trying to do the right thing (as he sees it) with goals that are at odds with the hero, willing to do awful things, but with noble intentions. But the show has hammered home his incompetence so much I'm starting to wonder if that's the misdirection and he's simply playing the fool so we all ignore him while focusing on more likely looking culprits (like Agnes).

And I straight up have no idea what's going on with Peter/Pietro.
    Right? The only thing I know for (mostly) certain is that with all the multiverse stuff being talked about (Strange 2, Spider-Man 3, even What If?) the odds of this show casting that particular actor for this particular role has to be more than just an easter egg and nod to the X films.

If the guy claiming to be Peter was just some random dude "rewritten" into thinking he's Pietro, would Wanda be able to give him speed powers? Why would Wanda, if this is her doing, be so suspicious of him? I think the Peter we're seeing here is the legit Quicksilver from the X films (or a world much like them) pulled into the MCU. Marvel says that "dead is dead" in their movies, but having Peter reality jump from the X films to the MCU would be a good way for them to keep MCU Pietro dead while still having a Quicksilver around. I dunno if that's what's happening (I'm sure of nothing, at this point) but I can see it.

Oh, also, I read that whole "the bad guy is really Zola" theory and I'll be damned if it isn't a really, really solid argument. I'm more than half convinced that it might be right. My only hangup with it is that, if Zola really was "alive" in the internet, why does he need to go through all of this to get access to Vision and Wanda? Maybe the theory tackles this and I just missed it, it was pretty late last night when I was reading the theory, but it's a damn tight theory that I was really impressed by, and if it's right it makes Zola one of the biggest, scariest bad guys in the MCU, responsible for *so much* more than we thought.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    spoilers:
    Parent Trap is about is about two twins who get separated and then meet each other later in life, having no idea they were related. If you think about it, that is exactly what happened to Billy and Tommy in the comics. So maybe that was an easter-egg to the comics, or maybe even a straight-up hint that they're doing this story somehow in the MCU too.

Speaking of the marquee; the other movie in there was The Incredibles, a movie about a family of super-heroes. I hope this means we're getting an action scene with Wanda/Vision/Billy/Tommy at some point.
    end of spoilers
    I'm just now catching up on this series and these are among the interesting Easter Eggs that have been showing up. I haven't read the whole thread yet but what I have been noticing is how Wanda and Vision's home has been changing over the series. The first home, filemed in B/W was a ringer for Rob and Laura Petrie's home from the Dick Van Dyke Show sitcom. Later, the sort of floating staircase and phony looking backyard reminded me of the Brady Bunch Home. Now the stained glass door and windows look likes Prue, Phoebe and Piper's (3 witches) home from Charmed. I don't know if there is any significance to that or it's just a fun bit of business they threw in as a homage to those shows.

Despite this episode taking place in the 90s, there were certain details that didn’t fit with the era, like the movie theater playing “The Incredibles” or Tommy wearing a Minecraft beanie. I wonder if those were production oversights, or intentional details meant to show that the consistency of the false reality is slipping. Anyways, I like that the lyrics in each intro song become more blatant as the show progresses, and I loved how morbid the yogurt commercial was. It reminded me of a DHMIS video.

Oh, and since they established that passing through the hex barrier altered Monica’s cells, what does that mean for Darcy and the s.w.o.r.d. agents that got absorbed into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Despite this episode taking place in the 90s, there were certain details that didn’t fit with the era, like the movie theater playing “The Incredibles” or Tommy wearing a Minecraft beanie. I wonder if those were production oversights, or intentional details meant to show that the consistency of the false reality is slipping. Anyways, I like that the lyrics in each intro song become more blatant as the show progresses, and I loved how morbid the yogurt commercial was. It reminded me of a DHMIS video.
    Yeah, I like how the intro themes and the commercials are reflecting the changes in mood and tone of the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqyZkB1UCAg

I'm actually backing off on my original belief that Mephisto could be behind what's going in Westview. Now that I've thought about it some more, the idea of an analogue for the devil showing up in the MCU feels pretty weird tbh. I'm not overly religious (although I was baptized) so it's not offensive or anything...it just seems like a pretty massive leap. Dormammu was presented as a formless entity that exists in its own realm and doesn't bear any resemblance to real life religious figures, whereas Mephisto from what I remember looks and acts like the devil, granting wishes to humans in exchange for their souls and shit. It's a tonal shift for the MCU for sure imo. And there are a LOT of countries throughout the world that would be mightily offended if Mephisto showed up as a devil-like figure. And Disney wants money from the moviegoers and television watchers of those nations. So right now I'm tentatively putting my chips on Nightmare.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the Episode 6 but I wish they could move along and give some answers already

What I am sure now is that "Pietro" is not Pietro from the MCU or Fox, he knows way too much and looks like he was brought to the series to keep Wanda happy but why he wanted Wanda to tell him what she did?, he probably is not working for whoever made westview the place itīs, I could even see Dr Strange sending him to get information from Wanda, and him being from another universe because the situation in Westview is breaking the multiverse and given he has superspeed telepathy and mind control donīt affect him much or at all.

I think Wanda may end being partially responsible for this even if she didnīt began the situation which means why Schaeffer said Wanda will grow into her own person and make herself accountable of the situation and help to fix it but she still will have to let go of Vision or be separated from him for a while until she makes up for what she did.

I would like if the endgame villain is Chton, that mention by the twins of a vampire was neat, in the comics vampires come from reading Chtonīs darkhold. Westview may as well be his way of getting Wanda to help him scape from the dimension in which heīs trapped but not by taking control of her body but instead by giving her everything she wants so she doesnīt oppose him. Vision seems to be dealing with a different kind of villain, the goverment probably wants his body to make weapons and that pissed off Wanda enough to attack them and take back Visionīs body.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-13-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I liked the Episode 6 but I wish they could move along and give some answers already

What I am sure now is that "Pietro" is not Pietro from the MCU or Fox, he knows way too much and looks like he was brought to the series to keep Wanda happy but why he wanted Wanda to tell him what she did?, he probably is not working for whoever made westview the place itīs, I could even see Dr Strange sending him to get information from Wanda, and him being from another universe because the situation in Westview is breaking the multiverse and given he has superspeed telepathy and mind control donīt affect him much or at all.

I think Wanda may end being partially responsible for this even if she didnīt began the situation which means why Jaeffer said Wanda will grow into her own person and make herself accountable of the situation and help to fix it but she still will have to let go of Vision or be separated from him for a while until she makes up for what she did.

I would like if the endgame villain is Chton, that mention by the twins of a vampire was neat, in the comics vampires come from reading Chtonīs darkhold. Westview may as well be his way of getting Wanda to help him scape from the dimension in which heīs trapped but not by taking control of her body but by giving her everything she wants so she doesnīt oppose him. Vision seems to be dealing with a different kind of villain, the goverment probably wants his body to make weapons and that pissed off Wanda enough to attack them and take back Visionīs body.
    Yep, things are slowing down again. I liked Episode 6 a lot, but I preferred Episode 5 myself. I think this series is starting to run out of time to reveal certain things in way that isn't rushed and hurried. And if we get another sitcom episode, the plot might not be advanced there either. I kind of wish this series was eight hours long as opposed to six. But I trust Feige, Shakman and Schaeffer. Chthon could be the big baddie, but he hasn't been namedropped yet, unlike other candidates.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-13-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yep, things are slowing down again. I liked Episode 6 a lot, but I preferred Episode 5 myself. I think series is starting to run out of time to reveal certain things in way that isn't rushed and hurried. And if we get another sitcom episode, the plot might not be advanced there either. I kind of wish this series was eight hours long as opposed to six. But I trust Feige, Shakman and Schaeffer. Chthon could be the big baddie, but he hasn't been namedropped yet, unlike other candidates.
    The last episodes will probably have 40 or 50 min so they may not have to rush things, we are getting into the third act of the story so I expect Ep 7,8 and 9 to bring all the answers. The fact he has not being namedropped probably makes him a better candidate, heīs such an obscure character, even in the comics, he will come as a real surprise for the audience and his inclusion will help to bring vampires into marvel which helps to establish Blade story and will also help to explain the story of the Elder Gods in the MCU, which will be neccesary for future stories.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The last episodes will probably have 40 or 50 min so they may not have to rush things, we are getting into the third act of the story so I expect Ep 7,8 and 9 to bring all the answers. The fact he has not being namedropped probably makes him a better candidate, heīs such an obscure character, even in the comics, he will come as a real surprise for the audience and his inclusion will help to bring vampires into marvel which helps to establish Blade story and will also help to explain the story of the Elder Gods in the MCU, which will be neccesary for future stories.
    Yeah, the candidates for the villains could be total red herrings. Who knows, maybe Shuma-Gorath will show up!