Page 78 of 283 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Let's be honest, there's a HUGE chance the big baddie of this show will NOT be Mephisto. I've become almost one hundred percent sure of this. And I've done a COMPLETE 180 from even two weeks ago. And it's largely because of this quote I found online:

"And now, for a purely financial reason (why the MCU wouldn't include Mephisto in its plans)? I forget where I read this... but I feel fairly certain I did at some point read that one big issue Marvel (or anyone) would have with using the Devil as the main villain in a story, is there are large parts of the world that will NOT promote/broadcast your movie/show if you use the devil as a character. No way Marvel purposely shrinks their market that way. I believe that is why, in the books, he's called Mephisto rather than "the Devil" but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly for TV/movies."

I agree with the above sentence. Other villains could be involved in WandaVision, but I'm fairly certain Mephisto will not be one of them.
    Nightmare makes more sense than Mephisto imo

people just like Mephisto more for whatever reason.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think SWORD wants Vision. Whoever helped Wanda create the Hex is using Vision to get to Wanda.

Well, they kind of wrote him out of doing any punchy-kicky stuff because they didn't seem to know what to do with him in those scenes.

Gamora is another character that they didn't really seem to know what to do with other than being a straight-woman love interest to Peter and Thanos' redemptive daughter.
    I was more upset that they prevented the HULK from doing punchy-kicky stuff than denying Vision those moments. Vision can be a compelling character without engaging in violence. I think the Hulk needs to fuck some folks up in order for HIM to be compelling. I totally agree with you about Gamora. Her character arc is absolutely dependent on Star-Lord and Thanos. Those two benefit from her pain. On the other hand, Wanda benefits from Vision's pain in a strange role reversal.

I was more upset that they prevented the HULK from doing punchy-kicky stuff than denying Vision those moments. Vision can be a compelling character without engaging in violence. I think the Hulk needs to fuck some folks up in order for HIM to be compelling. I totally agree with you about Gamora. Her character arc is absolutely dependent on Star-Lord and Thanos. Those two benefit from her pain. On the other hand, Wanda benefits from Vision's pain in a strange role reversal.
    I think Hulk had the same problem Vision did for the Russo's in that he was just too overpowered for them to know what to do with.

And Hulk is also a character with a strong emotional component.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I don't know why that is. There's many reasons why characters are not used in the MCU. And a lot of times it's financial. Separating Wanda and Pietro from mutants (and Magneto) because of Fox/Disney tensions, the lack of Wonder Man and the Enchantress because of potential tensions with Warner Brothers and Marvel Studios, and the lack of Mephisto because of worldwide religious sensibilities. I think Nightmare makes sense to me too. And I don't mind Vision dying again. As long as it's a noble and non-cheesy death. I like it when superheroes ride off into the sunset at the peak of their popularity and I think that will happen with Bettany's character. Contrast that with Steve Trevor's second "death". I think his fate in Wonder Woman 1984 RUINED him as a character and that kind of thing should be avoided at all costs in the MCU. And yes, there's a decent chance Wanda will die as well in the next five years. Like all the heroes and villains in the MCU. Just as long as it's noble and non-cheesy, I'm okay with that too. Because superheroes and supervillains SHOULDN'T have long life expectancies due to the nature of their "profession."
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-16-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Hulk had the same problem Vision did for the Russo's in that he was just too overpowered for them to know what to do with.

And Hulk is also a character with a strong emotional component.
    I agree Hulk does have a strong emotional component which was lacking in the last two Avengers movies. I like what the Russos did in Infinity War and Endgame, but I think they let Hulk fans down. They at least should have showed him beating up SOME folks, but that just didn't happen. I think Feige knows this, and I believe that these problems will be fixed in She-Hulk.

IF the last 3 episodes are an hour each in length, I really REALLY hope they don't add TWENTY minutes of credit time at the end of each of them. I'm just tired of that shit at this point.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Memes.

Also Nightmare barely shows up compared to Mephisto.
    "Cable was right!"

IF the last 3 episodes are an hour each in length, I really REALLY hope they don't add TWENTY minutes of credit time at the end of each of them. I'm just tired of that shit at this point.
    The show won’t add a ton of extra crewmembers for the episodes if they are longer. Not enough to warrant more than a minute of footage. I’d say the length should be the same length as all the other ones, give or take a couple seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The show won’t add a ton of extra crewmembers for the episodes if they are longer. Not enough to warrant more than a minute of footage. I’d say the length should be the same length as all the other ones, give or take a couple seconds.
    Oh, I know that. I was just making a joke about how the show might extend the time for credits to match how much longer the episodes last. I do think it's a fair criticism of the series that the credits take up such a huge chunk of screen time. It's annoying. What does surprise me is that WandaVision has thus far REFUSED to credit John Byrne for any of his work on the Avengers. The whole thing with Vision being dissected and mutilated and Wanda's reaction to that was totally his idea. I have a feeling Schaeffer and company are not fans of his work. I just hope Vision doesn't go full Columbo next week and actually hangs out with Wanda and the kids a bit more and Agnes gets in on the action along with Pietro.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, I know that. I was just making a joke about how the show might extend the time for credits to match how much longer the episodes last. I do think it's a fair criticism of the series that the credits take up such a huge chunk of screen time. It's annoying. What does surprise me is that WandaVision has thus far REFUSED to credit John Byrne for any of his work on the Avengers. The whole thing with Vision being dissected and mutilated and Wanda's reaction to that was totally his idea. I have a feeling Schaeffer and company are not fans of his work. I just hope Vision doesn't go full Columbo next week and actually hangs out with Wanda and the kids a bit more and Agnes gets in on the action along with Pietro.
    Yet they credit Bendis and pretty much ignore every writer that is Post-Byrne and Pre-Bendis, and Bendis arguably did worse for Wanda, while every writer who tries to rehabitate Wanda pre-Bendis got ignored. I seriously doubt the credits are a positive sign of anything.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yet they credit Bendis and pretty much ignore every writer that is Post-Byrne and Pre-Bendis, and Bendis arguably did worse for Wanda, while every writer who tries to rehabitate Wanda pre-Bendis got ignored. I seriously doubt the credits are a positive sign of anything.
    I would not read to much into who gets credited, to much of it is likely cause Bendis was Marvel Golden Boy for most of the last decade+ so they might feel they need to credit him in one form or another, either due to contract or cause he was so important in Marvel editorial. I mean Wanda's 1st movie was Called Age of Ultron, I am certain they credited Bendis with that as well, but by what is in the movie not nearly 1 story elment beside the charcters like Ultron are taken from Bendis's story.

I go with what we have heard from the showrunners more and how they want to stay away from the Lady Losing control over to much power trope, one that Bendis is 100% guilty of!

At best they will and have taken story elements form his story, we knew one day they have to tackle this 84 million dollar story question, but they are doing it in their way and if we trust the showrunners, they will be really the Anti-Bendis.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

They are thanking Bendis because they are using his House of M work as inspiration. The lack of Byrne is weird but maybe they’ll add him in. As for the king credits, it’s part of giving credit to all the people that worked on it. It’s a frustrating but necessary evil.

Inspiration for the Hydra Soak commercial? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    They are thanking Bendis because they are using his House of M work as inspiration. The lack of Byrne is weird but maybe they’ll add him in. As for the king credits, it’s part of giving credit to all the people that worked on it. It’s a frustrating but necessary evil.
    What's wrong with crediting Tom King? His Vision mini series was one of the best things they ever did with Vision, and it had a huge tonal influence in this show. We probably wouldn't have Wandavision if it wasn't for the surreal with an underlying darkness story he wrote about vision trying to create a suburban family.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I would not read to much into who gets credited, to much of it is likely cause Bendis was Marvel Golden Boy for most of the last decade+ so they might feel they need to credit him in one form or another, either due to contract or cause he was so important in Marvel editorial. I mean Wanda's 1st movie was Called Age of Ultron, I am certain they credited Bendis with that as well, but by what is in the movie not nearly 1 story elment beside the charcters like Ultron are taken from Bendis's story.

I go with what we have heard from the showrunners more and how they want to stay away from the Lady Losing control over to much power trope, one that Bendis is 100% guilty of!

At best they will and have taken story elements form his story, we knew one day they have to tackle this 84 million dollar story question, but they are doing it in their way and if we trust the showrunners, they will be really the Anti-Bendis.
    I really don't like Bendis for what he did to Wanda

But I never liked what Byrne did to Vision. He destroyed him as I had loved him for ages. He's never been the same, and to me, I love the MCU of Wanda/Vision but it is the story that happened already. It may be true that Vision will no longer be in the MCU after this.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all