Page 79 of 283 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh, I know that. I was just making a joke about how the show might extend the time for credits to match how much longer the episodes last. I do think it's a fair criticism of the series that the credits take up such a huge chunk of screen time. It's annoying. What does surprise me is that WandaVision has thus far REFUSED to credit John Byrne for any of his work on the Avengers. The whole thing with Vision being dissected and mutilated and Wanda's reaction to that was totally his idea. I have a feeling Schaeffer and company are not fans of his work. I just hope Vision doesn't go full Columbo next week and actually hangs out with Wanda and the kids a bit more and Agnes gets in on the action along with Pietro.
    The credits are a reflection of the show having a film studio producing it. All Marvel movies also have long ass credits, and the credits always count as the runtime for the movies as well. So they're not doing anything different with the shows, people are just more pissed because of the episodic nature of it, and the episodes being relatively shorter. I do think the last three episodes will make up for it, though. I'm not sure they'll be 1 hour exactly, but I do think they'll be longer than the ones we've had so far, because we've officially reached the ''Marvel movie'' part of the show. I don't think they can keep stalling for much longer.

As for the credits for comic book creators, I don't think it's anything personal. As I noted in another thread, they also didn't credit Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung even though the show CLEARLY took A LOT of inspiration from their Young Avengers run for episode 6, from the twins' personalities, to the specific powers they showcased, to the costume Billy was wearing. It's unfair, but it is what it is. It's probably just Marvel playing favorites for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The credits are a reflection of the show having a film studio producing it. All Marvel movies also have long ass credits, and the credits always count as the runtime for the movies as well. So they're not doing anything different with the shows, people are just more pissed because of the episodic nature of it, and the episodes being relatively shorter. I do think the last three episodes will make up for it, though. I'm not sure they'll be 1 hour exactly, but I do think they'll be longer than the ones we've had so far, because we've officially reached the ''Marvel movie'' part of the show. I don't think they can keep stalling for much longer.

As for the credits for comic book creators, I don't think it's anything personal. As I noted in another thread, they also didn't credit Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung even though the show CLEARLY took A LOT of inspiration from their Young Avengers run for episode 6, from the twins' personalities, to the specific powers they showcased, to the costume Billy was wearing. It's unfair, but it is what it is. It's probably just Marvel playing favorites for whatever reason.
    If Episode 7 is a "sitcom" episode, I think it will be like the previous ones. Not even close to one hour in length. Sitcoms are usually less than twenty-five minutes in length traditionally. And that means tons of credits will take up a considerable amount of screen time. I don't mind lots of credits for two hour movies, I just dislike it when they follow shows that last less than a half an hour in length. When I was watching "Wings" as a kid, this was not an issue. The "movie" part of WandaVision can't come soon enough!

Yeah, you're right. I don't know ANYTHING at all about the Young Avengers, but I do know that Heinberg and Cheung created that team. And despite my total lack of knowledge about that group, I do think those two should be credited if their ideas are used. It's kind of like how Hemingway refused to acknowledge Fitzgerald's influence on one of my favorite books, The Sun Also Rises (which also happens to be one of Olsen's favorites as well). I LOVE Hemingway, but I love Fitzgerald too. Marvel/Disney should treat the people who created the stories they are adapting with respect.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-17-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yet they credit Bendis and pretty much ignore every writer that is Post-Byrne and Pre-Bendis, and Bendis arguably did worse for Wanda, while every writer who tries to rehabitate Wanda pre-Bendis got ignored. I seriously doubt the credits are a positive sign of anything.
    Well, I guess there's not enough room and time for everybody (despite the fact that the time for credits seem to last for ten minutes at least)!

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    They are thanking Bendis because they are using his House of M work as inspiration. The lack of Byrne is weird but maybe they’ll add him in. As for the king credits, it’s part of giving credit to all the people that worked on it. It’s a frustrating but necessary evil.
    Yeah, maybe they'll work Byrne in later. If they do flashbacks into Wanda's origins, I'm pretty sure they'll be giving plenty of credit to James Robinson. The show has not referred to his work on Wanda yet as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What's wrong with crediting Tom King? His Vision mini series was one of the best things they ever did with Vision, and it had a huge tonal influence in this show. We probably wouldn't have Wandavision if it wasn't for the surreal with an underlying darkness story he wrote about vision trying to create a suburban family.
    I'm wondering, how would they have done a TV show about Wanda and Vision without King's work? Would it be very light-hearted and fun like the Vision and Scarlet Witch books from the 80s with a little reality warping mixed in? Would Marvel even have considered a show for those two at that point? Hard to say. Vision's mini-series was one fucked up story that's for sure.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-17-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The thank-you credits are so arbitrary that they actually changed how they did them halfway through the series -- for the first few episodes, all creators were listed in "Special Thanks," but now they've changed to have creator credits for Wanda Maximoff (Stan Lee & Jack Kirby) and Vision (Roy Thomas & John Buscema).

So it could be that they left Byrne, Heinberg and Cheung out for a reason, but it could be that they just forgot. Except for Lee, Kirby and Ditko I don't think there are many creators they're contractually required to credit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I would not read to much into who gets credited, to much of it is likely cause Bendis was Marvel Golden Boy for most of the last decade+ so they might feel they need to credit him in one form or another, either due to contract or cause he was so important in Marvel editorial. I mean Wanda's 1st movie was Called Age of Ultron, I am certain they credited Bendis with that as well, but by what is in the movie not nearly 1 story elment beside the charcters like Ultron are taken from Bendis's story.

I go with what we have heard from the showrunners more and how they want to stay away from the Lady Losing control over to much power trope, one that Bendis is 100% guilty of!

At best they will and have taken story elements form his story, we knew one day they have to tackle this 84 million dollar story question, but they are doing it in their way and if we trust the showrunners, they will be really the Anti-Bendis.
    To be honest I think they chose the name because it sounds cooler, the content is more like Busiek's Ultron Unlimited(battle in an Eastern European country, loads of Ultron bots, and of course SHIELD Hellicarrier serving as support force, and most of all, Wanda is actually heavily involved.) While AoU comic for the most part isn't even about Ultron, again, he is the premise/background furniture very much like Wanda in HoM.
    But again because his work is more "fresh"(newer), and he is the office darling, he got the credit instead of writers who actually poured efforts in the title characters.

I do trust the showrunners to do their job and fulfill their promise, but the credits shit is just not fair.(Not that people really watch credits.)

I have only watched the credits once to see who they credited, but they are too long to watch each time and I know where the content came from that they are referencing. But it would be nice for the proper ones to be credited for the content.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Well, the credits are getting longer when it comes to Marvel comic book creators. I think they will continue to expand on them in the coming weeks. Which is good. I've been thinking about the "mystery actor" that Bettany referred to. I'm not sure if he's already made an appearance in the MCU yet. If he has, I think it will either be Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, or Jude Law. Those are the only three male leads currently in the MCU who I think Bettany would enjoy sharing scenes with. Bettany even said that he's the more "affordable" version of Jude Law. But I get this feeling that it will be somebody entirely new. And it won't be Cumberbatch, McAvoy, Hanks, or McKellen because Bettany's already worked with them before.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm sorry but the way she just ignores her son who's likely on the verge of a mental breakdown from hearing voices and likely dealing with some repressed trauma of watching his father die is such a mood lmao. On some real shit you can't ignore your problems Wanda lol

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ignoring Your Problems could be the Maximoff crest and motto

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm sorry but the way she just ignores her son who's likely on the verge of a mental breakdown from hearing voices and likely dealing with some repressed trauma of watching his father die is such a mood lmao. On some real shit you can't ignore your problems Wanda lol
    You make an excellent point. Ever since Episode 6, it's like the sympathetic and loving aspects of Wanda's personality have disappeared completely...And I really don't like that. Her kids, Vision, maybe even Agnes and other Westview folks are really suffering right now and it "appears" she's aware of it. And she just doesn't give a fuck. And I hate that. She's acting like Peter Parker did in those lousy Amazing Spider-Man movies. Telling jokes and fucking around when she knows people are in pain. I hope her "heroic" tendencies resurface in Episode 7.

Elizabeth Olsen Compares The Events Of 'WandaVision' To Therapy For Wanda Maximoff
    https://www.thethings.com/elizabeth-...anda-maximoff/

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You make an excellent point. Ever since Episode 6, it's like the sympathetic and loving aspects of Wanda's personality have disappeared completely...And I really don't like that. Her kids, Vision, maybe even Agnes and other Westview folks are really suffering right now and it "appears" she's aware of it. And she just doesn't give a fuck. And I hate that. She's acting like Peter Parker did in those lousy Amazing Spider-Man movies. Telling jokes and fucking around when she knows people are in pain. I hope her "heroic" tendencies resurface in Episode 7.
    She didn't have any problem sending an angry Hulk to attack a city in Age of Ultron...