Page 98 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Isn't the Darkhold basically the Marvel version of the Necronomicon? It's a bit like saying that you think that character is not Mephisto, but rather the Devil.

The Necronomicon has a very limited association with Wanda in comics. It was written by Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab. I hope they don't do that in the movie-verse. I think it is the Darkhold though because that has way more of a link to Wanda. I'm just not sure they'll have Chthon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I actually hadn't considered him at all. The only thing about this is that Elizabeth said that there would be a Luke Skywalker type appearance in the show and Paul Bettany said it would involve an actor he's always wanted to work with. Which implies to me that it's a character we've seen before in previous films with an identifiable actor closely linked with the character. I feel like that would most likely be Professor X or Magneto, although I'd be disappointed if it was one of the younger versions especially since they aren't as synonymous with Professor X and Magneto to general audiences the way Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are.
    I don't think it's either of those but maybe someone with a stronger link to Wanda. People only think of Professor X because of HoM and they just aren't doing that story here. And they are not gonna debut two major mutant characters on Disney+ because it's available in limited regions.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The Necronomicon has a very limited association with Wanda in comics. It was written by Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab. I hope they don't do that in the movie-verse. I think it is the Darkhold though because that has way more of a link to Wanda. I'm just not sure they'll have Chthon.
    Maybe Chthon and Mephisto will be merged together in the MCU.

I don't think it's either of those but maybe someone with a stronger link to Wanda. People only think of Professor X because of HoM and they just aren't doing that story here. And they are not gonna debut two major mutant characters on Disney+ because it's available in limited regions.
    The only other character I can think of with a stronger link to Wanda who hasn't popped up yet would be the real Pietro or Doctor Strange. I'm guessing the latter since he was involved in HoM plus the Vison and Scarlet Witch. I really don't want Wanda connected with the X-Men so I hope it's not Xavier or Magneto especially since I must be one of the few Wanda fans who prefers her to not be Magneto's daughter.

Extraordinary Member

The only other character I can think of with a stronger link to Wanda who hasn't popped up yet would be the real Pietro or Doctor Strange. I'm guessing the latter since he was involved in HoM plus the Vison and Scarlet Witch. I really don't want Wanda connected with the X-Men so I hope it's not Xavier or Magneto especially since I must be one of the few Wanda fans who prefers her to not be Magneto's daughter.
    They do get merged in that Weapon-Hex comic, and it has a ridiculous name as "Mephi-Chthon" like the author didn't even bother to make a cool sounding name.
    That being said I do appreciate Chthon being the main "template" of the merge, honestly I don't think those two can be mashed together without compromising what makes them unique, I mean one is a "humanized" Faustian devil, the other is the supposedly uncomprehensible Elder God in the veins of Lovecraftian horrors, they are simply not the same type of demon.

I am a self-proclaimed "separatist fan", meaning I want Wanda being separated from X-franchise since I find this connection not beneficial to either side, and being Magneto's daughter is very low on her priority list at this point.

Strange has been involved with a heck of a lot more stuff with Wanda than just HoM. And Xavier and Mags don't have a strong link to Wanda. And being that Mags put Wanda through abuse in their few interactions, no thanks. She doesn't need to go through more. I think the reveal is the actual villain.

I actually hadn't considered him at all. The only thing about this is that Elizabeth said that there would be a Luke Skywalker type appearance in the show and Paul Bettany said it would involve an actor he's always wanted to work with. Which implies to me that it's a character we've seen before in previous films with an identifiable actor closely linked with the character. I feel like that would most likely be Professor X or Magneto, although I'd be disappointed if it was one of the younger versions especially since they aren't as synonymous with Professor X and Magneto to general audiences the way Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are.
    Dr. Doom should be pretty recognizable to a large audience, especially of fans, but maybe. My sense of switch and bait also says, that technically he could be the astrospace engineer as he is at Reed's level of intellect. Plus a magic user. Politics, etc.

The kicker is his casting. I heard the Darth-like badguy (Esposito?) is the one, or in the running. Of course he would be Victor, or Dr. Von Doom, not Dr. Doom... yet.

Or ?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

What if the reference to Skywalker type means - someone who has an incredible history with MCU as Luke did in SW?

General Ross? (that actor is classic, and could pique Bettany's stated quote)

either way the comparison sorta relates to a classic original/type appearance from before. Who would that be, that Paul has never acted with as well.

Could it be cross-company; ie; Ian, Patrick? I'm not as certain anymore.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

More than likely it’s Dr Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    More than likely it’s Dr Strange
    That was actually known before. Or highly theoried. Plus, technically (read this somewhere) Benedict and Paul have been on the same stage, same time, so on that level he wouldn't/possibly qualify.
    ~ Oberon ~

It would be hilarious if the actors Bettany wanted to work with are folks like Jim Carrey, John Travolta, Charlie Sheen, Gabriel Byrne or Ving Rhames...And one of them showed up. I keep thinking it has to be somebody who was somewhat famous even by the Eighties. I don't think they will be portraying mutants. I've already said it was doubtful Mephisto will show up because of his biblical connections. I totally discount the Enchantress and Wonder Man theories too. Especially when I found out that Ironheart has the same last name as Simon (heroes in the MCU often call each other by their surnames). I still say Nightmare makes a lot of sense. Chthon COULD work, but I think he looks too much like a dark blob. Disney likes their characters to assume humanoid appearances.

As much as I don't like the idea of Agatha being a villain, it WOULD make a lot of sense for Wanda to fight a female antagonist in many ways. The MCU DESPERATELY needs some compelling women baddies and I think Hahn could do a great job as a Loki-like character. I think Friday's surprise reveal was way too convenient and abrupt for me to believe what Agatha was saying. There's something going on that hasn't been revealed yet.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-21-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    What if the reference to Skywalker type means - someone who has an incredible history with MCU as Luke did in SW?

General Ross? (that actor is classic, and could pique Bettany's stated quote)

either way the comparison sorta relates to a classic original/type appearance from before. Who would that be, that Paul has never acted with as well.

Could it be cross-company; ie; Ian, Patrick? I'm not as certain anymore.
    Bettany already worked with William Hurt in Captain America: Civil War I believe. So I think he's not in the running. I think Tommy Lee Jones's character could not have lived another seventy years after that first Captain America movie, so I think he's out too. Maybe Ray Liotta or Keanu Reeves?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-21-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I think the book is not the Darkhold but the Necronomicon.
    It could lead into a "Marvel Zombies vs. Evil Dead" scenario. Heck, Sam Raimi is directing Dr. Strange 2, it's practically a given that Bruce Campbell will cameo!

And being that Mags put Wanda through abuse in their few interactions, no thanks. She doesn't need to go through more.
    ALL villains put heroes through some sort of abuse. If the hero isn't challenged then it's not particularly a heroic moment when they triumph. Spider-Man vs. Juggernaut is iconic because Spidey was completely out of his weight class but still pressed on despite the bone shattering damage he incurred. Same with the psychological harm he received at the hands of characters like the Green Goblin or Kraven. You might as well just say you don't wanna see ANY bad guys in your superhero movies!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Bettany already worked with William Hurt in Captain America: Civil War I believe. So I think he's not in the running. I think Tommy Lee Jones's character could not have lived another seventy years after that first Captain America movie, so I think he's out too. Maybe Ray Liotta?
    Might have to consider female characters too, but who - who - who? An actress playing 'true' Agatha, ie; a much older, well known actress. This plays to my idea that this Agatha is really Scratch or variant, assuming her ID.
    There are probably a number of older women who would be great AHs, but the scenario would be differing if the character is meant to go on to the movies or at least Dr. Strange 2.
    oh well just another theory.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Might have to consider female characters too, but who - who - who? An actress playing 'true' Agatha, ie; a much older, well known actress. This plays to my idea that this Agatha is really Scratch or variant, assuming her ID.
    There are probably a number of older women who would be great AHs, but the scenario would be differing if the character is meant to go on to the movies or at least Dr. Strange 2.
    oh well just another theory.
    I think Bettany said he was an "actor", so I'm assuming he's a dude. Possibly Keanu Reeves? I don't think Marvel Studios wants to lose Hahn and replace her with somebody else. I think she's very valuable to them. She often times even outshone Olsen and Bettany in their own show (and I didn't think that was actually possible)!

I found a quote online which I think makes a lot of sense. It states that even at this late stage, it's still plausible for ANOTHER antagonist to be introduced in WandaVision (but ONLY in a post-credit scene):

"I was taught that in screenwriting, the antagonist should ideally be introduced early on (whether physically or through their tangible presence). There are exceptions to that rule, but they're rare and dependant on what you're trying to accomplish. Although this is a TV show, not a film, it's a short serialised story, not an ongoing multi-season thing, so in that vein I think this show has followed that screenwriting rule by sneakily introducing Agnes in the first episode.

I think its safe to assume she is the villain of the story. Revealing another one behind her is not going to feel right, because the overwhelming reaction from the audience will be a collective shrug and "who is this Mephisto dude? Why am I supposed to care? I'm getting bored, go back to Agnes, I actually give a **** about her."

As far as I'm aware, every MCU movie still follows the "introduce villain in act 1" screenwriting rule, no matter the twists and turns we see in stuff like Iron Man 3 or Dr Strange. WandaVision revealing a previously unnamed villain/actor in the last two episodes would be really odd, I just can't see it happening.

If they do a post-credit scene with a cackling Mephisto, it doesn't really break the rule, because for all intents and purposes Agnes would still be the antagonist of the season. In the same way that Loki is the antagonist of Avengers 1, not Thanos.

I mean, seriously everyone, will you really give a **** about a new villain at this point in the season? Do you really want Agatha pushed to the background? Hell no."