Page 99 of 283 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Isn't the Darkhold basically the Marvel version of the Necronomicon? It's a bit like saying that you think that character is not Mephisto, but rather the Devil.
    I think you are right. I think the last time the Necronomicon has shown up in the MU was the Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness mini series.

This last episode really threw me for a loop.

I was thrilled that Monica got her powers here, I wasn't sure she would and feared her origin might wait for Captain Marvel 2. Glad they pulled the trigger on this and got it out of the way, now Spectrum or Photon or whatever Monica calls herself now, can appear fully formed in...whatever project she next appears in. Like, I am unnaturally happy to have Monica all powered up in the MCU.

The stuff with Agnes was tons of fun (that theme song!) but I feel like we didn't really get any answers we didn't already have or expect. She's been screwing with events, which anyone could already see, but we still have no idea who created the Hex, why Wanda doesn't remember entering it, what Agnes' goals are, we still don't know exactly what Vision's status is, or who "Peter" really is. We still don't know who Jimmy Woo was checking in on in witness protection, whether Dottie has a role beyond that one episode....basically every question we had is still unanswered and it's left me feeling like the Agatha reveal was pretty lackluster for what's supposed to be the penultimate episode.

Still a damn good episode, but for the first time since week 2 I'm not thinking this was the best episode yet. But hot damn am I looking forward to the finale!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

We're probably gonna get this scenes in the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It could lead into a "Marvel Zombies vs. Evil Dead" scenario. Heck, Sam Raimi is directing Dr. Strange 2, it's practically a given that Bruce Campbell will cameo!

ALL villains put heroes through some sort of abuse. If the hero isn't challenged then it's not particularly a heroic moment when they triumph. Spider-Man vs. Juggernaut is iconic because Spidey was completely out of his weight class but still pressed on despite the bone shattering damage he incurred. Same with the psychological harm he received at the hands of characters like the Green Goblin or Kraven. You might as well just say you don't wanna see ANY bad guys in your superhero movies!
    Mags isn't her villain though even. People just want him there because mutants.

People far closer to Wanda were what we were discussing. And in the MCU there's not a lot. But in comics it was people like Jan, She-Hulk and Carol.

Wanda's villains were people like Samhain, Chthon, Modred, Nicholas Scratch and the Salem's Seven.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-21-2021 at 12:05 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It could lead into a "Marvel Zombies vs. Evil Dead" scenario. Heck, Sam Raimi is directing Dr. Strange 2, it's practically a given that Bruce Campbell will cameo!

ALL villains put heroes through some sort of abuse. If the hero isn't challenged then it's not particularly a heroic moment when they triumph. Spider-Man vs. Juggernaut is iconic because Spidey was completely out of his weight class but still pressed on despite the bone shattering damage he incurred. Same with the psychological harm he received at the hands of characters like the Green Goblin or Kraven. You might as well just say you don't wanna see ANY bad guys in your superhero movies!
    Yet Magneto is not really a villain for Wanda, for all their interactions in comics Wanda never really get to properly fight back.
    Even in AU she just plays the sad innocent daughter for him or straight up got murdered by him for the "greater good".
    Granted she didn't get to fight Chthon directly as well, but Chthon is very consistantly framed as the villain Wanda needs to take down/overcome, while Magneto is, well, Magneto, a character way more "important" than you that when he is with you, the story is most likely not about you.
    You are really drawing some false equivalence here, I mean most people who want Magneto to appear in WandaVision certain do not want to see his ass get whooped by Wanda or something, they expect them to be this wholesome family they never were. Or have some other none-existent dynamic they conjure up in their head.
    Magneto for Wanda is basically the ultimate "All hype without any closure", basically he brings nothing to the table for Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This last episode really threw me for a loop.

I was thrilled that Monica got her powers here, I wasn't sure she would and feared her origin might wait for Captain Marvel 2. Glad they pulled the trigger on this and got it out of the way, now Spectrum or Photon or whatever Monica calls herself now, can appear fully formed in...whatever project she next appears in. Like, I am unnaturally happy to have Monica all powered up in the MCU.

The stuff with Agnes was tons of fun (that theme song!) but I feel like we didn't really get any answers we didn't already have or expect. She's been screwing with events, which anyone could already see, but we still have no idea who created the Hex, why Wanda doesn't remember entering it, what Agnes' goals are, we still don't know exactly what Vision's status is, or who "Peter" really is. We still don't know who Jimmy Woo was checking in on in witness protection, whether Dottie has a role beyond that one episode....basically every question we had is still unanswered and it's left me feeling like the Agatha reveal was pretty lackluster for what's supposed to be the penultimate episode.

Still a damn good episode, but for the first time since week 2 I'm not thinking this was the best episode yet. But hot damn am I looking forward to the finale!
    Captain Marvel 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Captain Marvel 2.
    I'm hoping Monica shows up before then, personally. CM2 is what, three years away or something? I'd rather not wait that long for her to reappear.

That's probably the next time she'll show up, but I hope we see her before then.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I gave in and i'm glad i waited this long. This show is FIRE. I am on episode 5 and i am absolutely loving it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And Elizabeth Olsen acting by episode 4 had me shook. The way she was walking toward monica. I also loved how the opening to the growing pain era where the twins aged made me almost feel like vision and others getting the memories of them growing up forced in their minds. I also love it's made clear they are real but she is moving space and time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Loving this Pietro twist so far. hopefully he and deadpool are the only things that make it over. i feel she was missing him and while as she said she can't bring things back to life she probably pulled pietro from what i want to think is the dying, dead fox verse. They have good sibling chemistry so far and once again i like how the opening sort of makes you feel like he was always there like with the twins and the 5 year gap.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ooooh Zombie face Pietro. I hope somehow he gets to stay around. I also liked Wanda's "if your going to break the sound barrier take your brother with you" i actually thought that was cute. Weirdly i feel as bad for Wanda as Monica does. She is definitely a person in pain. And Vision is really surprising me as well. Agatha steals every scene. Oh snap as i was typing this Billy go his powers. that was hot!
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They do get merged in that Weapon-Hex comic, and it has a ridiculous name as "Mephi-Chthon" like the author didn't even bother to make a cool sounding name.
    That being said I do appreciate Chthon being the main "template" of the merge, honestly I don't think those two can be mashed together without compromising what makes them unique, I mean one is a "humanized" Faustian devil, the other is the supposedly uncomprehensible Elder God in the veins of Lovecraftian horrors, they are simply not the same type of demon.

I am a self-proclaimed "separatist fan", meaning I want Wanda being separated from X-franchise since I find this connection not beneficial to either side, and being Magneto's daughter is very low on her priority list at this point.
    Oh wow, that is a terrible name for their hybrid character lol.

I agree that Mephisto and Chthon don't really have much in common. However if Marvel is wary about creating a Devil type of character for the MCU, maybe they feel they could soften him by bringing in some aspects from Chthon, especially if they feel Mephisto is the more popular villain. I remember we heard Mephisto was supposed to be the big bad for the Defenders Netflix TV show, so maybe that was something they threw around if there was any truth to that rumor.

I am 100% with you on Wanda being separated from the X-Side. I want her to be a mutant again since she was a mutant since her creation, but being Magneto's daughter was a retcon of a retcon and only brought her grief. Let Lorna remain as Magneto's sole living child.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Dr. Doom should be pretty recognizable to a large audience, especially of fans, but maybe. My sense of switch and bait also says, that technically he could be the astrospace engineer as he is at Reed's level of intellect. Plus a magic user. Politics, etc.

The kicker is his casting. I heard the Darth-like badguy (Esposito?) is the one, or in the running. Of course he would be Victor, or Dr. Von Doom, not Dr. Doom... yet.

Or ?
    I've heard the theory that Doom might be Monica's source, not Reed. It would be a good way to tie him in with Wanda now as well.

All the rumors I've heard about Giancarlo Esposito is that he's playing Magneto in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    What if the reference to Skywalker type means - someone who has an incredible history with MCU as Luke did in SW?

General Ross? (that actor is classic, and could pique Bettany's stated quote)

either way the comparison sorta relates to a classic original/type appearance from before. Who would that be, that Paul has never acted with as well.

Could it be cross-company; ie; Ian, Patrick? I'm not as certain anymore.
    I hope not General Ross. He seems like such a random choice and I can't imagine anyone would be interested in seeing him, especially in this storyline.

I have to say Marvel did that. I'm watching the episode now where Monica tried to drive the vehicle inside and i have to say i am super sympathetic of wanda and even i thought if this is the way marvel introduces mutants to the mu one could understand the fear. If someone just feeling grief can do this much to an entire town, control their lives, their relationships for such a long time.

I loved the way Monica's powers looked when she was seeing things in color too. Beautiful.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Something ain't right with Agnes, why she been acting like she want to get out all this time but then when she had her best moment she shielded Wanda from Monica.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

yooo my mind is blown we been accidentally callling agnes agatha all this time and when i finally get her name right i'm hit with the it's been agatha all along. LMAO. i didn't think i would enjoy this show this much. lol.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.